Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    stuff
    Decay heals you as much as soul rip does when you're spamming it on 2-3 heroes, which is what makes the buff to decay so good. Soul rip is a spell you get to heal other people, or if they have a hero like QoP who you might need to nuke when she blinks away with 10 hp. Otherwise, with flesh golem up, You can run around doing nothing but spamming decay and kill people in 3 or 4 hits. Pretty funny hero now.

@CM
    Pretty hard to bait people when Slardar can run up to you, stun you, then kill you in one or two auto attacks tops with amp up. Want to fix CM for me? Toss her 10-15 movespeed, 50 base health, and make her ultimate do damage over time so that you can calculate how much it will hurt enemies, instead of "random explosions that might hit the enemy 0 times in full duration." As it stands, frostbite is an imposter stun and heroes like Drow will still kill you with their orb, nova is good but not great, aura is horrible, freezing field is horrible. Want to slow someone and have great lane support? Pick Tide instead. Where CM drops off after 20 minutes and the game becomes 4v5, Tide is a hero you have to worry about no matter how hard you're winning.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-10-20 at 08:39 PM.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now

Aura really needs a boost of some kind. Maybe +1-4 mana regen and global +2-8 INT for the team or something? It needs to be powerful enough to make it worth taking over her other skills. 4 mana regen and an extra 8 INT for your team would be pretty significant, maybe significant enough to warrant leveling it over nova.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

Still wouldn't see much use I don't think. Mana is not an important resource in this game. You engage a skirmish and you blow your abilities and that's it, you kill or die and from there everyone heals up and does it again. Very seldom do heroes need mana and are not buying mana/regen items for themselves. CM is already so weak skipping the damage/CC on her two nukes is definitely suicide unless they can make her aura so insanely powerful that she is worth a pick just to help the other four heroes.

As it stands right now, the mana regen she provides early game is maybe a whole one extra spell per person on your team by level 6. Fantastic. They replaced Tree's aura and health/armor is actually a great addition to the team, so I'm not sure why CM is left so weak.
    Random casual stuff now

Aura is remnant of the old days when mana regen was much more stringent -no arcane boots, only void stone provided enhanced mana regen, sobi was fixed regen back then, Basillus pushed creeps toward so it was rarely made etc. Today, with boots, bottle, courier and clarities she's been left in the dust as more items, abilities and heroes were added. Today, in era of versatile heroes, she's simply too limited and lacks any lategame potential (outside of RNG ulti, which requires dagger+BKB) to be truly useful in a game.

- Brilliance Aura has twice the effect on Crystal Maiden
    :3

http://www.playdota.com/changelogs/6.76
    wow a lot of reworks and buffs
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-10-21 at 12:37 PM.

Brewmaster
    I really want Centaur to be added to Dota 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    :3

http://www.playdota.com/changelogs/6.76
    wow a lot of reworks and buffs
    So 4 mp/sec regen, but only for CM? That's still terrible!

Silencer Last Word rework is fucking retarded. There's no decision-making or thought process in it because you're fucked either way. It should basically be like Mana Leak - either you keep doing what you were doing and accept the loss or you stop and exchange several seconds of being useless for no penalty down the road.

NA got a buff that won't do anything but make him even more of a pain in the ass in pubs.

Naga got a huge nerf to a skill that was fine.

Doomy got a buff to Doom for... no apparent reason.

Omniknight got a couple of completely random buffs.

Rubick got another nerf to something that wasn't overpowered to begin with.

Just... so many completely random changes here making me wonder what the fuck Icefrog's smoking.
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

Just... so many completely random changes here making me wonder what the fuck Icefrog's smoking.
    I wonder what the fuck you're smoking. We already established you've no idea what you talk about so why question IF and his team. Why comment at all if all you've got is "I don't understand this, ergo these changes must be completely random and made while on drugs."

Overall good chances, as per usual - I'm now legitimately excited to play CW again. You're not giving enough credit for CM's aura - at max rank it almost equals global Arcane Boots spam for your team. Can easily spare your team several trips to the fountain and completely shift lane balance. 1-1-4-1 Is still my favorite build whenever the mana is useful. As for comparison to Jakiro - CM has 1100 range slow, Jakiro has 1100 range stun that's relatively easy to hit. Neither can be simply labeled as superior in all situations.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-10-21 at 06:09 PM.
    Manni of Paragon. Moderator of Dota 2 subforum - The golden rule: Listen to Lysah. Seriously.

I agree with the Silencer changes,they're fine, but the new skill they put in there ... bit OP I think

"I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    I agree with the Silencer changes,they're fine, but the new skill they put in there ... bit OP I think
    It might be, but the old Last Word was basically the reason he was ever being picked. The new Last Word, however, adds more to him from gameplay perspective and actually synergizes quite well with both Curse of the Silent and Global Silence. CotS/LW could be a really good build now instead of the old Glaive/stats carry build. Still, losing the old Last Word is a pretty big hit, but since it was changed to not trigger from items Silencer had already lost most of his relevance.
    Manni of Paragon. Moderator of Dota 2 subforum - The golden rule: Listen to Lysah. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    It might be, but the old Last Word was basically the reason he was ever being picked. The new Last Word, however, adds more to him from gameplay perspective and actually synergizes quite well with both Curse of the Silent and Global Silence. CotS/LW could be a really good build now instead of the old Glaive/stats carry build. Still, losing the old Last Word is a pretty big hit, but since it was changed to not trigger from items Silencer had already lost most of his relevance.
    Yeah. I like the changes overall and I like that new LW will involve some decision-making on the player's part, but I don't like that it's a lose-lose situation for the person it's put on. I'd much rather the penalties be different for casting and for letting it run out. Maybe the damage+silence for casting or no damage and disarm for letting it run out?
    MMOC IRC!

Most changes won't change much. A couple of heroes got unneeded buffs but are never picked anyway. A couple of heroes that were picked all the time got nerfed but will still be picked all the time.

Item changes, however, were nice.
    Random casual stuff now

The only heroes in the changelog I haven't seen picked in the past few weeks are pretty much just Razor, Silencer and Meepo, so I'm not sure if I agree on the "never picked" part. Unless, of course, those were the ones you meant.

I just won a game as razor! Though I randomed, he's not a hero I would ever pick myself (because he's so damned boring). Static link is, to be fair, absolutely hilarious against hard carries. BKB/basher/bfury/HoD PA and she has to run from me with nothing but scepter and hood because static link is geegee.

I mean heroes like Weaver, who did not need 5 base damage at all, was probably buffed because he is never seen in the pro circles (was picked like 6 times during TI2? I actually looked at that information a while back). He used to be extremely popular and has not changed since, his early game is absurdly strong and he can either afk farm like antifun and emerge to get the instant rampage or he can roam and be a very powerful ganker. Feels like the buff was aimed to get people to play him more, which makes it more of an attempt by mister Frog to shake up the meta than to balance the game.

I could be wrong, of course, since his balance tweaks tend to be buffs, rather than nerfs. Maybe he decided the changes to heroes like PA made them too good and he needed to make Weaver better as well /shrug

As a side note, the meepo change actually really interests me. I never get scepter on him because he needs to grow real stats to stay alive, I pretty much go straight for skadi after vlads/mek, this definitely makes scepter a much stronger choice for him. I really don't think he's a bad carry at all.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-10-21 at 10:01 PM.
    Random casual stuff now

Probably had something to do with him being a bit clunky to lasthit with, especially if you have to invest in regen for lane. Also gives him a bit more prevalence in the early-mid game even if he hasn't had time to invest in damage items yet. Black^ just played weaver like twice or thrice in 2 days in Starladder where he was completely 6-slotted in one game without having boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    and everyone underestimate her, pick ulti at lvl6 and you can really surprise enemies
    You mean suprising them as in: "OMG I cant believe a squishy CM is really walking into my attack range to cast an ultimate with lousy range that sucks up her whole mana pool. I am so lucky."

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Most changes won't change much. A couple of heroes got unneeded buffs but are never picked anyway. A couple of heroes that were picked all the time got nerfed but will still be picked all the time.

Item changes, however, were nice.
    Force Staff change is interesting. Minor nerf for heroes with good auto like WR and SD, but an overall buff for everyone else. Will make going for a fast Force Staff on a hard support less painful since you can get the regen instead of having to deal without it.

Boots change... meh. Why are they reducing move speed by 5 across the board?
    MMOC IRC!

Force Staff change is interesting. Minor nerf for heroes with good auto like WR and SD, but an overall buff for everyone else. Will make going for a fast Force Staff on a hard support less painful since you can get the regen instead of having to deal without it.

Boots change... meh. Why are they reducing move speed by 5 across the board?
    Make BoT more powerful, make lower speed heroes less weak. Currently, going tranq/euls/jango is too powerful for supports, and going treads/phase/manta is too powerful for carries. Since stacking movespeed is the common build on almost any hero these days, it makes sense to nerf movespeed so that stacking multiple modifiers together isn't such a huge gain. 5ms might not seem like much, but it's the difference in the base movespeed of a lot of heroes already.

Also, I don't see Weaver having a problem last hitting. He can push almost any hero out of his lane once he gets level 2 and has shukuchi + geminate. The combo of being able to constantly harass your enemy and ignore his retaliation at the same time is great, especially once you can dump the swarm on them. I commonly first blood in the first 3/4 levels in my lanes as Weaver, most people vastly underestimate how much pressure he can build up even at level 2.
    Random casual stuff now

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Also, I don't see Weaver having a problem last hitting. He can push almost any hero out of his lane once he gets level 2 and has shukuchi + geminate. The combo of being able to constantly harass your enemy and ignore his retaliation at the same time is great, especially once you can dump the swarm on them. I commonly first blood in the first 3/4 levels in my lanes as Weaver, most people vastly underestimate how much pressure he can build up even at level 2.
    Weaver with a DD rune can get a pretty much guaranteed kill at level 2 on just about anyone. So much burst.

What's with that weird "girls only" crap that was in SL3? Just seemed like this completely random game in between semifinals and finals between two teams composed purely of women who weren't even particularly skilled at the game. Was it just a publicity stunt to draw more viewers in?
    MMOC IRC!

Sounds like something I'd watch.
    Random casual stuff now