1. #3341
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    and what is that reason? First you throw the bullshit of GUI effecting FoV then you claim both can not be changed for same reason. They are utterly different things... I don't see they have a common reason about both being same in each client. Different FoVs may effect fair competition, however, different GUI(as long as they are restricted to output same information by API) won't effect anything.

    You clearly have no idea about what you are talking about.
    That's fair enough, but I don't think we need them to be focusing on allowing people to customise the UI.

    I'd rather just one UI, fixed, and for them to focus on balancing and getting out all the hero's.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 04:31 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Daraiki View Post
    Stick to 5 man stacks or clan wars. If you only consider winning as fun you're a moron of a gamer in general.
    That's not true at all.

    If someone is picking an all carry team, and im running invoker/templar/pudge, you can prepare for me to be 20-0 by 20 minutes. I can imagine you not having fun during this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

  2. #3342
    Quote Originally Posted by Jangri- View Post
    That is why dota2 and any other team oriented game should be played with team, not randoms.
    QFT

    Many people from here obviously want locked down versions of picking hero, there were couple of WC3 maps that had similar feature.
    Example someone on the team picks a carry, all other carries for the team are locked out. Judging by the previous posts a game mode
    like these would have some people from this thread jizzing like crazy.

  3. #3343
    Quote Originally Posted by Daraiki View Post
    QFT

    Many people from here obviously want locked down versions of picking hero, there were couple of WC3 maps that had similar feature.
    Example someone on the team picks a carry, all other carries for the team are locked out. Judging by the previous posts a game mode
    like these would have some people from this thread jizzing like crazy.
    You're COMPLETELY missing the point. The problem with last picks is that people wait until 10 seconds to spawn and look at their team that already had a mid, hard carry a and support safe lane, and think NOW is a good time to pick that antimage I just find so entertaining. There is a point where you have to realize your team is already doing X and if you try to do X as well you are going to lose the game. Picking your favorite hero isn't about fun, because you are guaranteed to NOT have fun if you do. Not to mention ruining the game for the other 9 players (it's not fun for the enemy to stomp idiots who solo long lane with SA, either).

    The game isn't set up so you can just pick whatever the hell you want and have a good time. Not at a high MMR, anyway. The people like me who cba to pick a real hero and click the random button always do so FIRST so we have time to repick or the team can plan around us. If you really want your SA pick, perhaps you should try picking him sooner before everyone else is at the river waiting on the game to start.

    Furion pickers are more annoying, because 99% of them will sit in the jungle, rush midas, never gank, never ward, never support in any way, just AFK for 30 minutes and avoid team fights using their ultimate to spam push all of the creep waves to the enemy base. After your team is losing from the 4v5 + massive pushing past the river from nature's wrath the public Furion will start bitching about his horrible team because HE has desolator manta lothars int treads buriza and is confused as to why he dies three seconds into a fight with 950 health, he farmed so hard after all.

    @Manni
    Well the point wasn't really about the act of pushing a creep wave, is it? You make it sound like every lane is horribly winning (WR getting no exp, QoP getting successful ganks on other lane) and somehow QoPs team is behind the enemy team mid game. I just can't see how that will ever be her fault. Pushing the wave to the tower, even if it's the wrong move, takes 60 seconds to fix, and even if you don't fix it, like I said, as long as you're still getting your CS the game is at least even.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-11-11 at 04:40 PM.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  4. #3344
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    If someone is picking an all carry team, and im running invoker/templar/pudge, you can prepare for me to be 20-0 by 20 minutes. I can imagine you not having fun during this time.
    Yes Yes i will surely pick an all carry team without a plan....

  5. #3345
    Quote Originally Posted by Daraiki View Post
    Yes Yes i will surely pick an all carry team without a plan....
    What's your plan, all 5 of you rush BKBs or Orchids and hope they don't have a clue?

  6. #3346
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    What's your plan, all 5 of you rush BKBs or Orchids and hope they don't have a clue?
    Name me my 5 carry team, name me their team, give me some time and i'll formulate a plan.

  7. #3347
    Quote Originally Posted by Daraiki View Post
    Name me my 5 carry team, name me their team, give me some time and i'll formulate a plan.
    AM SA BH PA Void
    vs.
    Tide Slithice SD Lesh Invoker
    Tide/Naga are going safe lane, SD/Lesh are going hard lane, Invoker is going mid. You have 30 seconds to make a game winning strategy with 5 melee hard carries, enjoy.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  8. #3348
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    AM SA BH PA Void
    vs.
    Tide Slithice SD Lesh Invoker
    Tide/Naga are going safe lane, SD/Lesh are going hard lane, Invoker is going mid. You have 30 seconds to make a game winning strategy with 5 melee hard carries, enjoy.
    EUREKA!

    Invoker disconnects, naga rages, sd gets shop bug at side shop and restarts, they dont pause, tide gets ganked at runes while 2v5. GG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

  9. #3349
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    AM SA BH PA Void
    vs.
    Tide Slithice SD Lesh Invoker
    Tide/Naga are going safe lane, SD/Lesh are going hard lane, Invoker is going mid. You have 30 seconds to make a game winning strategy with 5 melee hard carries, enjoy.
    So let's begin a level 1 smoke is a must in this situation not for gaining a advantage but merely to piss one of the players of the opposing team. The preferable target would be invoker at mid because fighting at the runes would be suicidal since we have no stun two measly slow and one slow that requires some precision and positioning. The smoke would probably fail but it is a risk we have to take.

    You put us sentinel so one word to block their camp, one word at rune spot. AM mid, SA solo safe lane, other 3 hard lane.
    I'm expecting the SA to be destroyed generally hugging the tower at 99% at the time maybe, he can't pull because i assume his camp is warded. AM will also lose his lane not as much as SA but still. Now the hard lane should do well at first. Naga's damage after the nerf is pitiful and last hitting is a bitch , the trilane is not well suited but it will deny a hell of a lot. Invoker ganks must be avoided at all cost.

    The major factor for winning the games is when void hits level 6 to edge the opponents in the ulty which is a hell of a hard thing to do, SA at level 6 might be good for a one time gank but after that they will adapt. I'd put all the carry potential for AM and void, BH for mainly support/gank items and SA/PA for survivability + as previous BH items.

    Generally we lose in the first 30 minutes if the scourge isn't braindead. If we survive more than the odds are gaining slowly in our favor.

  10. #3350
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    EUREKA!

    Invoker disconnects, naga rages, sd gets shop bug at side shop and restarts, they dont pause, tide gets ganked at runes while 2v5. GG.
    With anchor smash tide would still win that gank.

    @Daraiki
    They're going to buy sentries because they know what a joke game this is, enjoy trying to stop them from stacking/pulling creeps. Leshrac will get edict against solo SA and you will have lost your tier 2 tower by 8 minutes. He will push rax by 15 and when you pull allies to come help he will simply bring the rest of his team and what are you going to do.

    Slithice stays out of the fight and uses her ult to cancel chronosphere.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-11-11 at 05:29 PM.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  11. #3351
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,270
    So your gameplan is to waste 100 gold on a hard carry on smoke which will do nothing but... annoy...? an enemy hero?

    ... What?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  12. #3352
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    So your gameplan is to waste 100 gold on a hard carry on smoke which will do nothing but... annoy...? an enemy hero?

    ... What?
    I'll have some of what you are smoking.
    Think exactly who will buy the smoke.
    There is a possibility that the gank will be successful.

  13. #3353
    Daraiki idea wasn't bad for what he's been given, but it's not going to happen. Lesh + Invo is going to megacreeps by 25 unless extremly outskilled by carry team.

  14. #3354
    Quote Originally Posted by Jangri- View Post
    Daraiki idea wasn't bad for what he's been given, but it's not going to happen. Lesh + Invo is going to megacreeps by 25 unless extremly outskilled by carry team.
    And this fate could've been avoided if the 3-5th pickers on the team weren't so selfish. Wasting all 10 players' time in a joke game because you just had to have your favorite hero AM.

    And if you say first picking a carry is just as selfish, consider if that first pick was you. No one else is picking anything so you figure they're waiting on their allies so they can build a team around it. You figure if no one else cares you will try to carry, your favorite hero is AM after all. So you pick AM, next guy picks PA. Whatever, still doable, until the next three people pick hard carries because the game is just about having fun, right? They just want to play their favorite heroes just like you did, right?

    At the end of the day, if you want to hard carry, your choice is to pick first. Some teams won't actually pick a carry, in my experience, this happens way more often than a game with too many of them (just had a game of 4 ints + sand king - we won without losing a tower though (side comment: lolol 11-1-18 necro, new sadist really made him a hero again)).
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  15. #3355
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,270
    New Sadist makes Necro impossible to kick out of the lane. Once he gets Meka that asshole will just. not. die.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  16. #3356
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    That's fair enough, but I don't think we need them to be focusing on allowing people to customise the UI.

    I'd rather just one UI, fixed, and for them to focus on balancing and getting out all the hero's.
    I wasn't referring to full addon support with "customization" anyway. It was more like moveable frames, few toggle options, scaling etc.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 09:27 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Fantastic rebuttal, alright dude.
    You don't know what is FoV, GUI etc. What do you want me to do?

    I keep saying make GUI customizable you keep talking about scale, resolution, FoV. You can't even come up with an argument why GUI shouldn't be customizable other then throwing bullshit of it will effect the FoV(which it won't) or playing space(I think you refer to the amount of area that is rendered to the screen?).

    Fix scaling, FoV.
    Remove useless textures and let players move frames(even predefined positioning is appreciated, just let players choose) etc -> problem solved.

    This is an action-RTS game and current UI is too clunky for its genre.

    my 2 cents and I'm really done.

    edit
    You should play 5carry vs Lysah's setup game. There is no way I'm missing that game Please do it!
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-11 at 07:50 PM.

  17. #3357
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    You don't know what is FoV, GUI etc. What do you want me to do?

    I keep saying make GUI customizable you keep talking about scale, resolution, FoV. You can't even come up with an argument why GUI shouldn't be customizable other then throwing bullshit of it will effect the FoV(which it won't) or playing space(I think you refer to the amount of area that is rendered to the screen). Scaling won't even change anything rendered behind the GUI. Toggle options same
    I did not say that it would somehow affect the FoV. I said they're not changeable for the same reason. Quote me on that.

    Regular Dota

    Ranked Only
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRu0xts_rpI

  18. #3358
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,270
    Kutantee, the UI is garbage because it's meant to be as close to War3's UI as possible - that means crappy FoV, huge UI elements, the works.

    If you made it so that players could see farther away, that would have significant impacts in terms of balance.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  19. #3359
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    I did not say that it would somehow affect the FoV. I said they're not changeable for the same reason. Quote me on that.
    You implied it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    But you cannot change it(FoV) for exactly the same reason you can't change the UI, I don't see your point.
    FoV can not be changed because it changes the area rendered. Put GUI instead of FoV. Only scaling about GUI may cause problems about fairness of the game and I've never said there should be scaling option. Instead I said it should be fixed.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 10:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Kuntantee, the UI is garbage because it's meant to be as close to War3's UI as possible - that means crappy FoV, huge UI elements, the works.

    If you made it so that players could see farther away, that would have significant impacts in terms of balance.
    I've never said the cam distance, FoV should be altered by players. I just said GUI should be more customizable. Wtf is wrong with you people...read what I said ffs...

    Fixed Cam distance and FoV is a must for balance. No1 is saying otherwise. I used a software(hack in other terms) that altered the cam distance of WC3 many years ago and you can't imagine amount of ease it brings to the game while others using very close cam. These kind of things have to be fixed but GUI is not a critical factor for balancing.

    I'm gonna repeat myself. When I say customization I do not mean full addon support like WoW.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-11 at 08:07 PM.

  20. #3360
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I'm gonna repeat myself. When I say customization I do not mean full addon support like WoW.
    Provide examples.

    Regular Dota

    Ranked Only
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRu0xts_rpI

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •