1. #3361
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I'm gonna repeat myself. When I say customization I do not mean full addon support like WoW.
    Provide examples.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    people who smoke weed past primary school dont deserve jobs.

    weed is for little kids. you should stop smoking it and move on to real people things

  2. #3362
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Provide examples.
    Go read my previous posts. I mentioned what I mean by customization. Besides, I can't be arsed to post an in-depth analysis of what DotA 2 GUI needs. Even if I wanted to I wouldn't write it here.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-11 at 08:50 PM.

  3. #3363
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    New Sadist makes Necro impossible to kick out of the lane. Once he gets Meka that asshole will just. not. die.
    I didn't even get mek, I just went straight for bloodstone because I thought we were going to lose (our lane phase was baaaad) and I just planned on jungling for a while to pass the time. After a few awesome team fights I suddenly have a 16 stack bloodstone and the game is over anyway. The mana return itself is awesome, necro can snipe a kill with his ult and use the mana return to heal his team back to full with spampulse for a push. It really surprises me just how much one small change affected the hero as a whole.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  4. #3364
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Go read my previous posts. I mentioned what I mean by customization. Besides, I can't be arsed to post an in-depth analysis of what DotA 2 GUI needs. Even if I wanted to I wouldn't write it here.
    If you don't want to list a few examples, why even bother making the point in the first place?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    The current UI is full with useless texture which occupies half of screen scape. Abilities are huge as fuck. It's like its designed for almost-blind people. Scaling will solve this issue. The hero portrait is useless piece of screen spaces. Allow players to remove it. A toggle for inventory may be good(well at least I would use it). IN essence, the more customizable UI is, the better gaming experience will be. It's time for MOBA/Action-RTS to evolve its UI. The modding for UI is must in 2012 but this is just my opinion. I have to say I was totally disappointed when I see bad-old interface ported to DotA 2...
    This is your post. Am I missing something here, or are you just suggesting full-on customization à la WoW is a good thing? That scaling should be standard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    people who smoke weed past primary school dont deserve jobs.

    weed is for little kids. you should stop smoking it and move on to real people things

  5. #3365
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    If you don't want to list a few examples, why even bother making the point in the first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    If you don't want to list a few examples
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    list a few examples
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    few examples
    Repeat: I gave few examples but I'm not going to conduct a in-depth analysis.

    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    This is your post. Am I missing something here, or are you just suggesting full-on customization à la WoW is a good thing? That scaling should be standard?
    Yes you are missing something. GUI modding can be restricted to be "fair" as mentioned in some of my posts. Addon support, on the other hand, is way broader term compared to GUI modding that I stated I was not referring to and if you think few toggles and texture removal is full-on customization, then, you've never seen customization.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-11 at 09:33 PM.

  6. #3366
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Yes you are missing something. GUI modding can be restricted to be "fair" as mentioned in that post. Addon support, on the other hand, is way broader term compared to GUI modding that I stated I was not referring to.
    So how would you make sure nobody is gaining an unfair advantage over people who choose not to mod their UI?
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    people who smoke weed past primary school dont deserve jobs.

    weed is for little kids. you should stop smoking it and move on to real people things

  7. #3367
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    So how would you make sure nobody is gaining an unfair advantage over people who choose not to mod their UI?
    It is impossible to convince you that modding can be restricted to be fair because you think 3 cm square between map and portrait will make the game unbalanced. Fair does not mean perfect-balance. Even balance does not mean perfect balance. The way you look the terms of "fair", "balance" is too absolute.

    Anyway here is your answer

    You could easily restrict the amount of possible scale and define some widgets to be there so modders can not remove all gui elements but they can modify them.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-11 at 09:56 PM.

  8. #3368
    Old God PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    10,774
    AtoD 2 starts in about six hours

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 07:40 AM ----------

    Just played my first game with Centy and holy fuck he's still OP as hell. Double Edge either needs to see a damage nerf or lose the AOE. It makes him way too strong at farming, which lets him quickly get the Hood he needs to basically remove the only real cost to Double Edge. Everything else about him seems fine (maybe small STR gain nerf), but he's able to farm so fucking fast with Double Edge... it's just gross.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  9. #3369
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    AtoD 2 starts in about six hours

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 07:40 AM ----------

    Just played my first game with Centy and holy fuck he's still OP as hell. Double Edge either needs to see a damage nerf or lose the AOE. It makes him way too strong at farming, which lets him quickly get the Hood he needs to basically remove the only real cost to Double Edge. Everything else about him seems fine (maybe small STR gain nerf), but he's able to farm so fucking fast with Double Edge... it's just gross.
    Yeah Centaur, Drow, Silencer etc, still need tweeking before returning to captains imo.

    That being said, whenever I am bored of losing in pubs, I take invoker, and even when it's 4v5, make people on the other team rage lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

  10. #3370
    Centaur is just plain awesome.
    I dont pick tanks usually, but my heroes of choice in this regards are Omni, and Centaur.

  11. #3371
    Old God PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    10,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Centaur is just plain awesome.
    I dont pick tanks usually, but my heroes of choice in this regards are Omni, and Centaur.
    Centaur's awesome because he's basically unstoppable all game, and it's due to fucking Double Edge. Zero mana cost, the health cost can be compensated via regen, and it does a trainload of damage right from the first level, hitting for 175 damage in an AOE on a very small cooldown.

    The issue is that because DE costs no mana, Centy can pop off his stomp-edge combo pretty often and he can mostly ignore mana regen concerns. And once you're out of laning phase, DE allows Centy to farm very, very quickly to get that Hood and other things he needs to really make DE pretty much free to cast.


    AtoD 2 has started, and it's about as silly as you can expect. Tobi missed several things in the first game so I'm definitely starting to understand when people say he leaves something to be desired as a caster. Oddly enough, there was a Necrolyte... that had zero points in Sadist. I'm not sure if these guys simply don't know how to play certain heroes or if they're just trolling.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  12. #3372
    tobi is ok with good co-caster (synd, slesh)
    but for me lumi>all (even better if he casting with LD)

  13. #3373
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Centaur's awesome because he's basically unstoppable all game, and it's due to fucking Double Edge. Zero mana cost, the health cost can be compensated via regen, and it does a trainload of damage right from the first level, hitting for 175 damage in an AOE on a very small cooldown.

    The issue is that because DE costs no mana, Centy can pop off his stomp-edge combo pretty often and he can mostly ignore mana regen concerns. And once you're out of laning phase, DE allows Centy to farm very, very quickly to get that Hood and other things he needs to really make DE pretty much free to cast.


    AtoD 2 has started, and it's about as silly as you can expect. Tobi missed several things in the first game so I'm definitely starting to understand when people say he leaves something to be desired as a caster. Oddly enough, there was a Necrolyte... that had zero points in Sadist. I'm not sure if these guys simply don't know how to play certain heroes or if they're just trolling.
    Centaur is awesome and not as pubstomping as fed void/pa/sa/any hard carry are.
    I'd go as ffar as to call him "balanced".

    Sadist is learned after Death Pulse and Aura, afair.

  14. #3374
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I'm not sure if these guys simply don't know how to play certain heroes or if they're just trolling.
    Wanna take a guess? Besides, Necrolyte was picked only this morning by iG against DK in Chinese WCG qualifiers.
    Manni of Paragon. Moderator of Dota 2 subforum - The golden rule: Listen to Lysah. Seriously.

  15. #3375
    I'm not sure about a no sadist Necro. I went QWQEQRQEEE when I played him, one point in it is great for the harassment but leveling it in place of sadist seems questionable to me.

    (E is sadist right? I always forget the actual placement since I use legacy keys).
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  16. #3376
    are we really discussing if skipping sadist on REVERSE CM tournament is legit?
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-11-12 at 10:22 PM.

  17. #3377
    Dreadlord KunkkaTheAdmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Seventyseven sea's.
    Posts
    994
    Hello there, tree weasels !

    Cent is pretty strong, even after the "Nerf" of his ultimate, double edge still hurts so much and his str. gain is pretty though too.

    Concerning Necro and his order of skills, isn't it a question in which lane he is ?
    If you max Sadist (E) before Heartstopper (W) its great for staying in lane, even hilarious to see your health go up again like you popped a salve, but that kinda implies even mediocre lasthitting in lane, which should not happen as a support hero. If you can assure Hero kills, thats another thing.

    The new Heartstopper aura is such a big skill, 1,5% health is just withering away, the range is damn huge too.
    Yes you may push your lane a bit but you just _negate_ all the passive health regen of the most heroes in the early / mid and using a tango once or twice is just a pain in the ass for everyone just because they stay in lane.

    I guess its just something you decide when you go to the lane.

  18. #3378
    Old God PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    10,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    are we really discussing if skipping sadist on REVERSE CM tournament is legit?
    I was kind of hoping that teams would at least try to win.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  19. #3379
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    Hello there, tree weasels !
    Necro is a carry, we had a discussion about this a while back. At worst he's a hybrid like Invoker who is both. His entire kit relies around getting kills with his ultimate. That, in essence, is not what supports do, so Necrolyte logically is not a support. His heal is not strong enough and he has no other support abilities, a minor stun hardly qualifies. NA has a stun, mana burn, and hard damage ultimate just like Lion but you'd never consider NA a support.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-11-12 at 11:32 PM.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  20. #3380
    Old God PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    10,774
    I thought it was funny how Durka Durka was talking about how no one wanted to get stuck with Spectre during pick/ban. I don't think I've ever seen Spectre do anything but feed outside of a 60+ minute game.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •