Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Yes you are missing something. GUI modding can be restricted to be "fair" as mentioned in that post. Addon support, on the other hand, is way broader term compared to GUI modding that I stated I was not referring to.
    So how would you make sure nobody is gaining an unfair advantage over people who choose not to mod their UI?

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    So how would you make sure nobody is gaining an unfair advantage over people who choose not to mod their UI?
    It is impossible to convince you that modding can be restricted to be fair because you think 3 cm square between map and portrait will make the game unbalanced. Fair does not mean perfect-balance. Even balance does not mean perfect balance. The way you look the terms of "fair", "balance" is too absolute.

Anyway here is your answer

You could easily restrict the amount of possible scale and define some widgets to be there so modders can not remove all gui elements but they can modify them.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-11 at 09:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    AtoD 2 starts in about six hours

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 07:40 AM ----------

Just played my first game with Centy and holy fuck he's still OP as hell. Double Edge either needs to see a damage nerf or lose the AOE. It makes him way too strong at farming, which lets him quickly get the Hood he needs to basically remove the only real cost to Double Edge. Everything else about him seems fine (maybe small STR gain nerf), but he's able to farm so fucking fast with Double Edge... it's just gross.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    AtoD 2 starts in about six hours

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 07:40 AM ----------

Just played my first game with Centy and holy fuck he's still OP as hell. Double Edge either needs to see a damage nerf or lose the AOE. It makes him way too strong at farming, which lets him quickly get the Hood he needs to basically remove the only real cost to Double Edge. Everything else about him seems fine (maybe small STR gain nerf), but he's able to farm so fucking fast with Double Edge... it's just gross.
    Yeah Centaur, Drow, Silencer etc, still need tweeking before returning to captains imo.

That being said, whenever I am bored of losing in pubs, I take invoker, and even when it's 4v5, make people on the other team rage lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Centaur is just plain awesome.
    I dont pick tanks usually, but my heroes of choice in this regards are Omni, and Centaur.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Centaur is just plain awesome.
    I dont pick tanks usually, but my heroes of choice in this regards are Omni, and Centaur.
    Centaur's awesome because he's basically unstoppable all game, and it's due to fucking Double Edge. Zero mana cost, the health cost can be compensated via regen, and it does a trainload of damage right from the first level, hitting for 175 damage in an AOE on a very small cooldown.

The issue is that because DE costs no mana, Centy can pop off his stomp-edge combo pretty often and he can mostly ignore mana regen concerns. And once you're out of laning phase, DE allows Centy to farm very, very quickly to get that Hood and other things he needs to really make DE pretty much free to cast.

AtoD 2 has started, and it's about as silly as you can expect. Tobi missed several things in the first game so I'm definitely starting to understand when people say he leaves something to be desired as a caster. Oddly enough, there was a Necrolyte... that had zero points in Sadist. I'm not sure if these guys simply don't know how to play certain heroes or if they're just trolling.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

tobi is ok with good co-caster (synd, slesh)
    but for me lumi>all (even better if he casting with LD)

Centaur's awesome because he's basically unstoppable all game, and it's due to fucking Double Edge. Zero mana cost, the health cost can be compensated via regen, and it does a trainload of damage right from the first level, hitting for 175 damage in an AOE on a very small cooldown.

The issue is that because DE costs no mana, Centy can pop off his stomp-edge combo pretty often and he can mostly ignore mana regen concerns. And once you're out of laning phase, DE allows Centy to farm very, very quickly to get that Hood and other things he needs to really make DE pretty much free to cast.

AtoD 2 has started, and it's about as silly as you can expect. Tobi missed several things in the first game so I'm definitely starting to understand when people say he leaves something to be desired as a caster. Oddly enough, there was a Necrolyte... that had zero points in Sadist. I'm not sure if these guys simply don't know how to play certain heroes or if they're just trolling.
    Centaur is awesome and not as pubstomping as fed void/pa/sa/any hard carry are.
    I'd go as ffar as to call him "balanced".

Sadist is learned after Death Pulse and Aura, afair.

I'm not sure if these guys simply don't know how to play certain heroes or if they're just trolling.
    Wanna take a guess? Besides, Necrolyte was picked only this morning by iG against DK in Chinese WCG qualifiers.

I'm not sure about a no sadist Necro. I went QWQEQRQEEE when I played him, one point in it is great for the harassment but leveling it in place of sadist seems questionable to me.

(E is sadist right? I always forget the actual placement since I use legacy keys).

are we really discussing if skipping sadist on REVERSE CM tournament is legit?
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-11-12 at 10:22 PM.

Deleted
    Hello there, tree weasels !

Cent is pretty strong, even after the "Nerf" of his ultimate, double edge still hurts so much and his str. gain is pretty though too.

Concerning Necro and his order of skills, isn't it a question in which lane he is ?
    If you max Sadist (E) before Heartstopper (W) its great for staying in lane, even hilarious to see your health go up again like you popped a salve, but that kinda implies even mediocre lasthitting in lane, which should not happen as a support hero. If you can assure Hero kills, thats another thing.

The new Heartstopper aura is such a big skill, 1,5% health is just withering away, the range is damn huge too.
    Yes you may push your lane a bit but you just _negate_ all the passive health regen of the most heroes in the early / mid and using a tango once or twice is just a pain in the ass for everyone just because they stay in lane.

I guess its just something you decide when you go to the lane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    are we really discussing if skipping sadist on REVERSE CM tournament is legit?
    I was kind of hoping that teams would at least try to win.

Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    Hello there, tree weasels !
    Necro is a carry, we had a discussion about this a while back. At worst he's a hybrid like Invoker who is both. His entire kit relies around getting kills with his ultimate. That, in essence, is not what supports do, so Necrolyte logically is not a support. His heal is not strong enough and he has no other support abilities, a minor stun hardly qualifies. NA has a stun, mana burn, and hard damage ultimate just like Lion but you'd never consider NA a support.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-11-12 at 11:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was funny how Durka Durka was talking about how no one wanted to get stuck with Spectre during pick/ban. I don't think I've ever seen Spectre do anything but feed outside of a 60+ minute game.

I thought it was funny how Durka Durka was talking about how no one wanted to get stuck with Spectre during pick/ban. I don't think I've ever seen Spectre do anything but feed outside of a 60+ minute game.
    on the other hand, a good spectre can a ctually 1v5 the whole enemy team, lategame Spectre is an awesome mesh of tank, initiator, ganker, and carry, due to global presence, one of the best damage reduction passives ever and solid aoe damage just by being present.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do stuns do so much damage? Shouldn't a stun do significantly less damage than, for example, Dragon Slave because it stuns the target? Especially stormbolt-style stuns, where aim isn't even a factor?

Why do stuns do so much damage? Shouldn't a stun do significantly less damage than, for example, Dragon Slave because it stuns the target? Especially stormbolt-style stuns, where aim isn't even a factor?
    stuns do usually as much damage as any other nuke, offset by high manacost and/or long cd, to me it is pretty balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    stuns do usually as much damage as any other nuke, offset by high manacost and/or long cd, to me it is pretty balanced.
    Not at all, the team with the larger amount of stuns typically wins. They are vastly more powerful than their no-stun counterparts. However, I will agree that individual spells are usually balanced by their mana cost/cooldown/range/casting speed/AoE.

Just getting a BKB against people with stuns can shut them so off. Just watch them standing there right clicking when you would other wise be dead.