Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    The issue with this mentality is that it means you can only play the game at specific times - when your buddies are all available to play. It's not really an acceptable solution, because what happens when your buddies don't want to play Dota, or aren't available... but you want to play?
    Get more friends or get out of whatever horrible mentality/region/bracket you have for soloqueuing. Or just don't play if you can't. I don't get to play some solo queue nearly as often as I'd like to because I obviously won't ever turn down a request to play with someone else. And while I prefer playing with friends I still like an occassional solo queue, and where I am they're enjoyable most of the time. Except when I queue USE when EU times are too long, then not quite as often... I don't know what it is, but the skill disparity between players and the amount of ragers and players with ego issues seems higher there, definitely worse than the occasional CIS player who might not speak English that well but probably can play just fine if left alone.

And by the way, since you hated on Visage and Familiars not too long ago... back then I defended him and only had like 3 games played on him since the DotA days when he summoned and army of bats and Soul Assumption was passive. I've played quite a few games on him the past few days and I've wrecked shit in most of them, even if my play hasn't been particularly amazing. Latest or second latest game I was solo offlane against carry+support+jungler and went 6-0 in 10? minutes and godlike later on and won the game at 15-1 despite the relentless feeding by my friends. (Admittably they weren't all that good because one of my friends wouldn't log his real account.) Nothing like picking off enemies left and right with the shitty bats that don't do damage. And I don't think I haven't lost more than 4 or 5 of them in a game yet.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-11-16 at 12:46 AM.

green greevil looks so awesome, now i regret putting 3 unusual in white :c

What did the unusual essences actually do?

edit: I am sorry this must be broken - left one is six essences in total (did not get even get wings when upgraded to flying) and the right one is five (-1 yellow)

Last edited by Longview; 2012-11-16 at 12:28 AM.

they introduced Slark!
    Oh how utterly great
    another pub-stomp imba >.>

so far, ive noticed higher grade (unusual mythical, green naked is just mythical) additional particles and bigger horns (im not sure tho, it may be bacause of lack of exort essence in green egg)
    maybe more animations and/or sounds cba to check everything now i have to wake up at 6am ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    they introduced Slark!
    Oh how utterly great
    another pub-stomp imba >.>
    Opt for sentries over dust; he'll purge the dust right off.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    so far, ive noticed higher grade (unusual mythical, green naked is just mythical) additional particles and bigger horns (im not sure tho, it may be bacause of lack of exort essence in green egg)
    maybe more animations and/or sounds cba to check everything now i have to wake up at 6am ;p
    I've only tested with three unusuals, they have the most wicked glow in-game.

3 Unusuals anything is pretty damn epic. My favorite is shadow i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Dreaded + 3 unusuals... its not as cool as the other ones, im really dissapointed, plus the greevils look so goofy its unreal

[IMG]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594735680097710184/FFBACD61EFF94361BF803EED1BBAE02062FE797F/[IMG]
    holy image batman please crop that image or thumbnail it

guide here

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Not sure if that's what longview meant at all
    the harder you try, the less fun you will have - it has close to absolutely nothing to do with how good someone is at the game. That's just what I've experienced, though.

but please don't be the guy that goes "well fuck you man I'm having fun" while ruining the game for your team mates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you trade greevils or at least add more essences to them after hatching them? Seraphic with no unusuals looks kinda underwhelming. Haven't hatched mine yet though.

15+ Year Old Account
    So Templar Assassin:

Does her Meld +Damage have some internal cooldown or something? I was playing her for the first time in a practice game last night and I came to the following conclusions:

1. +Damage doesn't seem to work if you move out of Meld then attack as opposed to just attacking out of Meld
    2. Dust completely fucks her over because she has 0 escape if anyone with a stun is chasing her
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    So Templar Assassin:

Does her Meld +Damage have some internal cooldown or something? I was playing her for the first time in a practice game last night and I came to the following conclusions:

1. +Damage doesn't seem to work if you move out of Meld then attack as opposed to just attacking out of Meld
    2. Dust completely fucks her over because she has 0 escape if anyone with a stun is chasing her
    To make Meld work, it needs to do attack first before movement. Been stealing it with Rubick and it's more the range it get and plus the 200 extra damage. nope, no internal cooldown, just the 8 seconds of the meld Cd... i think...
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

15+ Year Old Account
    Weird. Maybe the times it wasn't doing the bonus damage was because she had to take a half-step or something to get into range enough to attack
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Dust completely fucks her over because she has 0 escape if anyone with a stun is chasing her
    Meld is very poor defensive ability. Consider it as very offensive one and play accordingly.

Weird. Maybe the times it wasn't doing the bonus damage was because she had to take a half-step or something to get into range enough to attack
    If you can't attack before meld is faded, that is when your position is altered, forget the meld bonuses.

Get a blink for best meld opener
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-16 at 07:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Get a blink for best meld opener
    Depends really. If you get blink too late, you're not gonna add that much to the team and if you get it early but you don't capitalize on it you basically just wasted a heap of gold.

I laugh at blink TAs. Much like blink SFs. Blink is used for positioning, not engaging. If you can't use blink to aim a meld that hits 4 people on their team, do not buy it. If you can't use blink to aim shadowrazes to kill 4 people, do not buy it.

You can try to reason through how the pro players build a hero and try to mimic it, but in cases like this, you really, really should not. The reason they buy blink is because they are a hell of a lot better than you. This is directed at everybody, don't get blink on TA. 2150g for zero stats for an item that won't do you much good, an early desolator would help you a lot more in most non-pro games. Or go for manta, the item that used to be core for TA in DotA1.

Or just don't pick TA at all, raging joke of a hero and massively countered by several heroes in the game, even if you don't see them much. Lucifer comes to mind, between the fast radiance he can farm and SE he can destroy a refraction stack in half a second, and if you're actually a great player he can just doom you and you're still dead, skill or not. The only reason anyone plays this garbage hero is because she's hard to beat mid, but that will change, too. One of many heroes who were not ever picked in DotA1, expect to see her disappear as the rest of the heroes are added, I think.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-11-16 at 09:02 PM.

Don't see how any of the remaining heroes would be extremely powerful against TA mid. Except maybe BB. Or Medusa. That doesn't even make sense, but nobody fucks with Medusa and I'm going to burst if she isn't ported next week.

Isn't the reason for TA's popularity kind of that she handles a lot better in Dota 2? Like I recall Meld and Psi Blades being seriously clunky in DotA in contrast to how they work in Dota 2. In Dota 2 she's quite fun to play, but in DotA she was a tiny bit frustrating.

It's not mid that matters, it's how these heroes can open up lane and team choices in general. A good sand king player would stomp TA mid, but how often do you see someone try it? Right now people play the game to get someone fed mid, someone who can grab runes and gank. In the future we might see more DotA1 behavior, where your mid exists only to trash their mid.

TA doesn't feel any different to me, refraction is a bit faster but meld is just as abrupt as it always was.

In the future we might see more DotA1 behavior, where your mid exists only to trash their mid.
    And Puppey explained why this isnt used anymore when he streamed and casted some competetive games today. What happens when you pick a hero only to trash one of the other teams heroes and that hero moves away from the lane or get replaced? What if you build your other lanes to be stronger than the other teams and then shuts down the counter pick?
    There is no place to counter pick specific heroes without taking in regard the whole strategy of the team.

SK forcing TA to leave mid is already a win. She won't farm well in other lanes because people have room to pressure her. Mid heroes exist as mid heroes because it is the lane they can survive in due to extremely close tower proximity and hill advantage. She leaves mid, SK farms 8 minute blink and you're going to have even worse problems. The reason this is the way the game is now is because people can play that way and survive. Add in most of the tank initiators like BB and TC and you can easily prevent a TA from leaving mid, a hero like BB can just follow her around and kill her anywhere she goes.

We can bring back the inability for the pro scene to adapt rhetoric, you saw what tiny/wisp did when people gave that a spin. Plenty of strategies would absolutely crush the current meta, but people aren't willing to take the chance. Puppey might be a smart lad, but for the above reason alone I will have to kindly disagree. Strategy for some is still not strategy for all.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-11-17 at 12:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not mid that matters, it's how these heroes can open up lane and team choices in general. A good sand king player would stomp TA mid, but how often do you see someone try it? Right now people play the game to get someone fed mid, someone who can grab runes and gank. In the future we might see more DotA1 behavior, where your mid exists only to trash their mid.

TA doesn't feel any different to me, refraction is a bit faster but meld is just as abrupt as it always was.
    Why would SK crush TA in mid? Use Sandstorm to kill Refraction and establish lane control through Caustic Finale?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow