1. #3501
    He can prison when you go to last hit and he doesn't even have to deny to stop you from CSing. AP gives him int which gives him damage which makes him hard to stop from CSing in the meantime. OD is a "safe" choice because against nearly any hero he can at least farm some and deny some if he prisons properly. I'm not sure why he likes Silencer myself, last word + curse combo is really BS against some heroes, though.

    Personally, I consider weaver a far stronger mid than QoP, I'm just waiting for people to use him again. Shukuchi + geminate proc spam can wreck squishy heroes like QoP and you just can't beat his 522 movespeed to the runes. His ganks are also a lot harder to deal with, imo. QoP's AoE can be right nasty if you don't see it coming, but if you survive her initial burst she's done if you just jump on her. She really is so easy to kill it's hilarious how much people try to run away from her.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  2. #3502
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Do you mean 6.74? 6.75 was when he got buffed to hell and back, 6.76 just nerfed his crazy STR gain.

    What makes you say Silencer and OD are top tier mids now?
    Might have messed up the map versions, but those 3 have always been top mids, and if anything the recent versions made them even better. Could maybe add Clinkz to the list. And a QoP gets slaughtered by all of them. Obviously they're easily ganked, but we're just talking about utopian 1v1 situations anyway.

    Another good TA counter is Axe, which was used by iG or DK? not too long ago.
    Manni of Paragon. Moderator of Dota 2 subforum - The golden rule: Listen to Lysah. Seriously.

  3. #3503
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I laugh at blink TAs. Much like blink SFs. Blink is used for positioning, not engaging. If you can't use blink to aim a meld that hits 4 people on their team, do not buy it. If you can't use blink to aim shadowrazes to kill 4 people, do not buy it.

    You can try to reason through how the pro players build a hero and try to mimic it, but in cases like this, you really, really should not. The reason they buy blink is because they are a hell of a lot better than you. This is directed at everybody, don't get blink on TA. 2150g for zero stats for an item that won't do you much good, an early desolator would help you a lot more in most non-pro games. Or go for manta, the item that used to be core for TA in DotA1.

    Or just don't pick TA at all, raging joke of a hero and massively countered by several heroes in the game, even if you don't see them much. Lucifer comes to mind, between the fast radiance he can farm and SE he can destroy a refraction stack in half a second, and if you're actually a great player he can just doom you and you're still dead, skill or not. The only reason anyone plays this garbage hero is because she's hard to beat mid, but that will change, too. One of many heroes who were not ever picked in DotA1, expect to see her disappear as the rest of the heroes are added, I think.
    You posts are getting more and more joke. You used to make sense but now all trying to be marginal or repeating the same drill of everyone here except you mimicing the professional scene. There may be several counters of TA in the game but that doesn't change the fact she is a strong mid-game hero with high burst capacity. You don't need to land perfect meld to use TA effectively. There is no such rule. It would be good if you could but it's not like you will lose the game just because you couldn't land a ULTRA FUCKING IMBA MELD THAT HITS 5 HEROES AT THE SAME TIME. Inf act, I rarely see perfect melds in both pubs and professional scene, well, because it's easy to position yourself in such way that meld can not reach more than 2 people(at best). Sometimes you just use your meld to burst a key hero of enemy team, that's all. You are assuming pro scene is too perfect or just watching the games with your ass.

    CK with sandstorm + CF will push the lane. You can use your refraction to avoid CF explosions. With the help of mid being pushed to your side, you can get as much CS as CK and I don't see any stomps in CK vs TA. Also I would go kind of aggressive with TA against CK(after few levels in refraction) because its only way to win such lane and there is always gank option to rebalance a lost lane(I hope you are not going to tell me mid gank does not happen in pro scene). I also do think it depends on individual skill but a good SK winning almost any hero in mid(assuming you meant mid), right...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Isn't the reason for TA's popularity kind of that she handles a lot better in Dota 2? Like I recall Meld and Psi Blades being seriously clunky in DotA in contrast to how they work in Dota 2. In Dota 2 she's quite fun to play, but in DotA she was a tiny bit frustrating.
    This is totally right. I also noticed and mentioned that TA in DotA 2 is way way way easier to control and its totally fluid.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-17 at 12:22 PM.

  4. #3504
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Psi blades are easy to avoid, refraction doesn't start out with 15 charges per use. TA takes levels to be a hero just like sand king.
    Storm is way easier to avoid and refraction has 3 charges with 17s CD and duration, waves have 4 creeps with 30s intervals, the math is easy on this one. If you cant handle this, then maybe you are not as good as you think you are.

  5. #3505
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Storm is way easier to avoid and refraction has 3 charges with 17s CD and duration, waves have 4 creeps with 30s intervals, the math is easy on this one. If you cant handle this, then maybe you are not as good as you think you are.
    I watched few of his games and witnessed a fail TP to mid and bunch of other mistakes. I'm not trying to be jerk here, it's easier to catch mistakes while watchin but he's claiminig the most experienced and skilled dota player in Universe but that fail was not a kind of fail where extremely skilled and experienced player would do. He also claims he's playing with pros on a daily basis yet there was no sign of pro players on his match history. I only did this because he was making sense way back but now all bullshit. He's just another interweb user with over 9K ego.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-17 at 12:20 PM.

  6. #3506
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    post
    Take your rage elsewhere if that's all you're good for. You didn't put forth the slighest bit of effort to research me when you added me on steam and contacted me. I told you via PM and I told you via steam that if you wanted to see real games in my history YOU were going to have to find them as I have nothing to prove to some rando who is far below me. My history is full of team queues with new players, I would wager that I have more games played below my actual MMR than I do "fair" games. I don't need to teach every kid on the internet how to breathe, I'm more than willing to entertain myself with discussion but when it comes to actually playing DotA I end the hobby at just that - playing DotA. If I cared about proving myself I would join a pro team, though you'd probably still find a way to call me bad.

    As to the discussion at hand, I haven't played a TA I couldn't stomp flat by mid game. She's only scary for people who refuse to buy dust, otherwise, outside of one blink meld hit she doesn't actually do much damage because, surprise, she has no items since she blew all her gold on that positional. It's your fault if you consistently run around with 600 health, but hey, most people preserve the status quo and weak supports are huge right now.

    Also, sand storm easier to avoid than psi blades when it has the same range but is a permanent AoE that doesn't need to be aimed? I think you're just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-11-17 at 01:16 PM.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  7. #3507
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I watched few of his games and witnessed a fail TP to mid and bunch of other mistakes. I'm not trying to be jerk here, it's easier to catch mistakes while watchin but he's claiminig the most experienced and skilled dota player in Universe but that fail was not a kind of fail where extremely skilled and experienced player would do. He also claims he's playing with pros on a daily basis yet there was no sign of pro players on his match history. I only did this because he was making sense way back but now all bullshit. He's just another interweb user with over 9K ego.
    >Last 60 games in match history are all queueing with friends.

    Stay small, my friend.

  8. #3508
    @Lysah

    Zero rage here. I just wrote what I think about you.

  9. #3509
    I'm sorry that I'm so important to you.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  10. #3510
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I'm sorry that I'm so important to you.
    Same here since that post pissed you off hard.

  11. #3511
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Same here since that post pissed you off hard.
    In all your time spent stalking me you seem to have missed the part where this is how I post regardless of what mood I'm in.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  12. #3512
    I am astonished by pub's inability to counter Invis heroes to begin with.

  13. #3513
    More on topic, Slark's pretty fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

  14. #3514
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    More on topic, Slark's pretty fun.
    and pretty cheat in pub's due to inability to buy bloody wards and because its cool to roam alone in pubs.

  15. #3515
    Pretty serious stalking going on here, no? I don't really give a damn how anyone plays as long as they make up for good discussion, but anyone making unfounded statements with the air of a god talking their opinions from heavens will get my undivided attention.

    Silencer (and Clinkz) is good because few heroes or players can stand for long against relentless Glaive spam. Often it's easy to completely zone your enemy off the creeps, and even if you can't, your lasthitting is superior and a tiny misstep from your enemy will let you take half their health. OD is good because not only has he serious autoattack damage and ability to deny you with Prison, by the time he hits level 3 or 4 he can eat away your whole manapool if you're not an int hero, and even if you are you won't be able to do much with what you've got left.

    Batrider was always supreme, I wondered a lot why he didn't make his way to Dota 2's pro scene until he was buffed (considering he was a top pick in DotA). He didn't even need the strength buffs, he's a beast with just the movement fixes and the new Flamebreak.
    Manni of Paragon. Moderator of Dota 2 subforum - The golden rule: Listen to Lysah. Seriously.

  16. #3516
    Old God PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    10,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Pretty serious stalking going on here, no? I don't really give a damn how anyone plays as long as they make up for good discussion, but anyone making unfounded statements with the air of a god talking their opinions from heavens will get my undivided attention.
    At least I deigned to notice you.

    Batrider was always supreme, I wondered a lot why he didn't make his way to Dota 2's pro scene until he was buffed (considering he was a top pick in DotA). He didn't even need the strength buffs, he's a beast with just the movement fixes and the new Flamebreak.
    I can't remember the reason I was told why he wasn't picked, especially once TA started getting popular right after she got ported to Dota 2. Saw a lot of him last week, though... napalm is such a pain in the ass to deal with in lane.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  17. #3517
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I can't remember the reason I was told why he wasn't picked, especially once TA started getting popular right after she got ported to Dota 2. Saw a lot of him last week, though... napalm is such a pain in the ass to deal with in lane.
    I dunno why professional scene is not picking him but I don't pick him because that auto attack animation feels very clunky and looks very cheap.

  18. #3518
    If i remember correctly batrider was somewhat bugged in dota2 considering turn rates and napalm, and then they fixed that in the same patch they applied buffs, so he imidietly got back to popular.

    All facts presented AS IS, with NO warranty whatsoever. Use at your own risk.

  19. #3519
    bat was a lot stronger in dota1 because of bugs in dota 2 (turn rates, napalm)

  20. #3520
    Old God PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    10,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    bat was a lot stronger in dota1 because of bugs in dota 2 (turn rates, napalm)
    I thought the turnrate thing was a straight buff. It was a bug? He had that fast turnrate in War3 all along?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •