Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    So, what makes a good ultimate, in your opinion, and what makes it so different from assassinate? Assassinate is directly mathematically balanced between damage, mana cost, cooldown, range, and cast speed, and effectiveness with any other damage ultimate in the game. There are CC ultimates and utility ultimates, but it sounds like you hate an entire caste of ultimates because all they are is damage.

Do you remember how ridiculous assassinate Rubick was before they give him the cast timer back?
    Actually, the ultimate itself is good. It's useless on sniper(a carry) because it does not bring something strong to sniper. To be fairly honest, that ultimate would be OP on Rubick if he had it constantly.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-21 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Axe has a good ultimate because enemy hp is irrelevant (...) under %20
    since when ?

Assassinate if used proper is almost always a guaranteed kill, range and damage are really good, late late game it's nothing to write home about, but by then you should be strongest 1v1 hero on the map (ministun goes through BKB, and if they get evasion, get MKB for ultimate stunlocking goodness). If you're not abusing assassinate's insane range, you're doing it wrong^^

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    since when ?
    Nice catch. I confused it with warrior's execute. Too much WoW.

It is related with hp. Something like 200/400/600 but that does not change the fact that you can't do anything to save your hp going under those tresholds other than staying in base.

Time for me to go bed, its almost 2:30 am here.

ps: I always had kind of association between culling blade and warriors execute.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-21 at 12:37 AM.

Do you remember how ridiculous assassinate Rubick was before they give him the cast timer back?
    It was? thought that was like now always.
    "#Got99ProblemsAndTreannAintOne" ~ElyPop

Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    It was? thought that was like now always.
    shit was crazy when he was released ;d

Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    Assassinate if used proper is almost always a guaranteed kill, range and damage are really good, late late game it's nothing to write home about, but by then you should be strongest 1v1 hero on the map (ministun goes through BKB, and if they get evasion, get MKB for ultimate stunlocking goodness). If you're not abusing assassinate's insane range, you're doing it wrong^^
    Headshot goes through evasion now, Sniper never needs MKB at all. So good~

Anyway, I think Sniper would be way too good with any other ultimate. Give him some sort of CC or escape and he will be impossible to kill with his long range and shrapnel combined. Give him more damage and he will be hard carrying with just treads and manta...
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now

Give him more damage and he will be hard carrying with just treads and manta...
    Pretty much, considering all his other skills are excellent (range increase, ministun, shrapnel is pushing/farming tool with slow atached), situational (but powerful) ultimate is what keeps him in line. Last thing i want to see is another morph or invoker.

But then again, Morphling was fine to begin with, he was just popular and in the hands of the best carry players in the world he made a lot of people mad.
    Manni of Paragon. Moderator of Dota 2 subforum - The golden rule: Listen to Lysah. Seriously.

Biggest strength is that you can't stop it or see it coming.
    well, technically...

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    well, technically...

Trick shot!
    Random casual stuff now

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    But then again, Morphling was fine to begin with, he was just popular and in the hands of the best carry players in the world he made a lot of people mad.
    Morphling was OP as hell before those nerfs. He was simply too hard to kill. That's why he was popular - he was the only hard carry that was difficult to kill right from the beginning of the game, yet was still pretty strong late game. Cheap, easy strength morphing was entirely too forgiving of sloppy play.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

Not just sloppy play, he can outright engage your team by himself and run in first to kill people just to morph strength and ult away. Other carries have to wait for a hero like Tide to go in, morph can just wave form and eth/adaptive a support to death and then auto attack another support to death while morphing strength and then ult back to base like nothing happened.
    Random casual stuff now

Sven's being picked constantly in pro games now. I guess pros finally figured out how strong skillbolt is for setting up combos, and Sven himself isn't as big of a drawback anymore since his ulti and cleave got buffed.
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Sven's being picked constantly in pro games now. I guess pros finally figured out how strong skillbolt is for setting up combos, and Sven himself isn't as big of a drawback anymore since his ulti and cleave got buffed.
    He is definitely good, but its not like he is unbeatable. I liked most the game (mtw against someone?) with Sven/Magnus combo, those cleaves jesus... but there just as many games where he was build as support or just didnt make big enough impact even with hugeass farm. The "easiest" counter seemed to me like bkb on bane and ulti sven during his bkb.

Last couple of days, i was trying Nyx and I havent had so much fun in dota... like ever. The ganking solo kills are definitely part of that, but well timed carapace is just hillarious since alot of people dont unfortunately stop animations on their spells. Carapace on Huskars Life break or on Linas ulti... hillarious. But i honestly have no clue how to build him, i just go arcane boots/dagon5 and at that point game is usually already over and if not, ill just get some neutral items like drums or linkens, but might try veil of discord depending on setup. Definitely fun hero, even in games I loose

NA > if support dagon -> guinsoos
    else diffusal -> manta -> guinsoos anyway
    Random casual stuff now

Two more invites yet again. Anyone is interested in playing long term other than just being curious about the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    He is definitely good, but its not like he is unbeatable. I liked most the game (mtw against someone?) with Sven/Magnus combo, those cleaves jesus... but there just as many games where he was build as support or just didnt make big enough impact even with hugeass farm. The "easiest" counter seemed to me like bkb on bane and ulti sven during his bkb.
    I'm not really sure which way Sven's more useful as. He's always capable of hitting hard due to his ulti, but if you build him as a carry he turns into a more consistent Pirate, but because he still provides skillbolt and a fantastic buff, he's pretty useful as a support, too...

I've been surprised pros haven't been getting Soul Ring on him. It's so good on him, lets him spam the crap out of his skillbolt and pretty much completely eliminates any mana problems he might've had.
    MMOC IRC!

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I'm not really sure which way Sven's more useful as. He's always capable of hitting hard due to his ulti, but if you build him as a carry he turns into a more consistent Pirate, but because he still provides skillbolt and a fantastic buff, he's pretty useful as a support, too...

I've been surprised pros haven't been getting Soul Ring on him. It's so good on him, lets him spam the crap out of his skillbolt and pretty much completely eliminates any mana problems he might've had.
    One of the more interesting things is Sven's tower-killing capability: it seems like only DP and....bugger, Ward-Ult guy (makes, 8 of them) have greater pushing potential at level 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimoron View Post
    One of the more interesting things is Sven's tower-killing capability: it seems like only DP and....bugger, Ward-Ult guy (makes, 8 of them) have greater pushing potential at level 6.
    You're thinking of Rhasta/Shadow Shaman

I'd say Leshrac probably has the best tower-pushing power at any level. Diabolic Edict causes enormous damage in a short amount of time if you can keep it from wasting hits on creeps.

Sven's ability to kill towers isn't very good without carry items... his attack speed is pretty slow since he's a STR hero and towers have a lot of armor. Once he has a few carry items, then yeah, he tears up towers (and everything else.)
    MMOC IRC!