1. #3781
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,423
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    The odd thing is that I haven't seen Magnus picked up a lot in recent pro games. I don't think I've been seeing him banned but I'll be honest, I skip the pick/ban phase nine times out of ten because I find it boring as hell. Usually it seems like TA is first pick and Sven and Jakiro show up sometime before the second ban phase.
    He was either picked or banned in EVERY game at Dreamhack. He was picked 13 times and won 11 of those games.

  2. #3782
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    11,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Besides, how do you make Double Edge extremely great farming ability if you first have to invest in a ton of HP regen to keep using it? Does that differ much from how some other heroes could invest in mana regen or BF to farm? And how is "someone can buy a veil to boost it" not something that applies to any hero with nukes?
    Because in most cases you'd get those regen items anyway. Centy needs to be tanky and just like with Pudge having a magical self-damage skill, Hood (and potentially finishing into Pipe) is an easy choice. Tranquil Boots can be disassembled later and are becoming popular on a lot of heroes to make sure you can stay in lane regardless of harassment.

    I wasn't implying that Veil can't be combined with other nukes, but that Double Edge hits considerably harder than most nukes (400 base damage versus around 300-325 for most other nukes), has a very short cooldown, and mostly has no resource cost past a certain point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    He was either picked or banned in EVERY game at Dreamhack. He was picked 13 times and won 11 of those games.
    Haven't gotten around to watching Dreamhack. That'd probably be why I haven't seen him much, then :P
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  3. #3783
    The thing about Magnus is that his mana is ASS. Arcanes are not an option, but mandatory, and that already locks him out of 8 STR/25 IAS. You could just get a carry with HotD and keep a manaburning satyr or whatever it was around and he'd be limited to tossing around two Shockwaves (or an Invoker with EMP lololo so skill rite guyise).

    Or... maybe just spread a bit around. Reverse Polarity does not have much of an AoE.

  4. #3784
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    11,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupimus View Post
    The thing about Magnus is that his mana is ASS. Arcanes are not an option, but mandatory, and that already locks him out of 8 STR/25 IAS. You could just get a carry with HotD and keep a manaburning satyr or whatever it was around and he'd be limited to tossing around two Shockwaves (or an Invoker with EMP lololo so skill rite guyise).

    Or... maybe just spread a bit around. Reverse Polarity does not have much of an AoE.
    I think the main concern is Skewer and how it makes it a lot easier for him to get a good RP off without needing blink dagger.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  5. #3785
    Well, if the other team all manage to get caught by Skewer, then they deserve to lose anyway.

  6. #3786
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    11,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Well, if the other team all manage to get caught by Skewer, then they deserve to lose anyway.
    He doesn't have to hit anyone to be able to use it as a supercharged Force Staff.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  7. #3787
    Hilariously enough, I just played a game where my ally got FB'd at level 1 due to magic missile + skewer on to the dire ward spot next to ancients. Mags just used the first blood gold to crow and get a TP scroll. The distance skewer can carry someone is hilariously long, from dire bot's defensive river ward spot all the way through the river to the hill on the other side.

    He still lost that game to lothar's Sven though.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  8. #3788
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    11,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Hilariously enough, I just played a game where my ally got FB'd at level 1 due to magic missile + skewer on to the dire ward spot next to ancients. Mags just used the first blood gold to crow and get a TP scroll. The distance skewer can carry someone is hilariously long, from dire bot's defensive river ward spot all the way through the river to the hill on the other side.

    He still lost that game to lothar's Sven though.
    Glad to hear the idea I had about Pirate build Sven might actually be possible. Kunkka wishes Torrent was as good as stormbolt.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  9. #3789
    I still assert lothar's being a good choice on virtually any hero depending on the game and how fast you can build it. I've seen a lot of BH players making shadow blade for the free 150 damage on their jinada, easy 800 crits 15 minutes in.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  10. #3790
    Brewmaster juzalol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I still assert lothar's being a good choice on virtually any hero depending on the game and how fast you can build it. I've seen a lot of BH players making shadow blade for the free 150 damage on their jinada, easy 800 crits 15 minutes in.
    Isn't it kind of a waste as you can already hit with +120 from Shadow walk?

    Obviously Jinada has a lower CD than Shadow Walk, but it still sounds like a waste of money and
    pushing your delicious desolator 1 shot further away.

  11. #3791
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    11,731
    My buddy disagrees that PA+Magnus would be a strong combo. I disagree that she needs a ton of farm to be useful - assuming you decide to play aggressive, Vanguard takes care of her immediate health needs (or maybe even Tranquil Boots since those seem to be trending lately), and even with just, say, a Yasha or some other minor damage item, plus Magnus' Empower, she's easily capable of huge crits even at low levels... and those crits cleave for 50%, too.

    She's already a phenomenal chaser and has limited escape options with her blink strike and free evasion/minimap hiding. Shit, she'd probably be even better than Anti-Mage in a tri-lane due to her dagger alone, 50% slow on a short cooldown with enormous range would make it really hard to avoid Split Earth/Ice Path/etc.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  12. #3792
    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    Isn't it kind of a waste as you can already hit with +120 from Shadow walk?

    Obviously Jinada has a lower CD than Shadow Walk, but it still sounds like a waste of money and
    pushing your delicious desolator 1 shot further away.
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=369089

    Its not likely to be some superbuild, but it certainly is fun to play. it only requires good start and less opponents with CCs. Also Im gonna point out, even Korok and Bulba were playing with the idea and it was used in a tournament i think?

  13. #3793
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    you can consider yourself the big winner as I did indeed give up.
    Cool, so we both agree you lost. Awesome! Guess this is EOD, just glad I won though.
    Last edited by MasterOfInvocation; 2012-11-28 at 12:39 PM.

  14. #3794
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    11,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=369089

    Its not likely to be some superbuild, but it certainly is fun to play. it only requires good start and less opponents with CCs. Also Im gonna point out, even Korok and Bulba were playing with the idea and it was used in a tournament i think?
    I don't understand Battle Fury on BH. I saw it all the time in games at my MMR level and it never made much sense to me. I get that BH can use some mana regen if he's roaming, but Bottle or even an Urn can take care of that and he isn't a carry, so it's not like he really benefits from the cleave.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  15. #3795
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    he isn't a carry
    he is
    just not played as one in pro games (well at least not now, iirc in 2010 he was often picked for carry slot)

    bfury+jinada clear waves in 1-2hit so it is popular choice
    same reason ppl go for midas on furion even if its not optimal
    MORE GOLD ;d

  16. #3796
    Fluffy Kitten llDemonll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    6,581
    Dagon Queen

    Ultimate pubstomp tool if you get good farm

    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

  17. #3797
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    11,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    he is
    just not played as one in pro games (well at least not now, iirc in 2010 he was often picked for carry slot)

    bfury+jinada clear waves in 1-2hit so it is popular choice
    same reason ppl go for midas on furion even if its not optimal
    MORE GOLD ;d
    Gotta holla.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  18. #3798
    Track gold.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  19. #3799
    Where the fuck is Medusa again?

    I wonder why they took so long to enable PRD in Dota 2, considering it was in DotA.



    Manni | paragon.fi | Dota 2 forum | The golden rule: Listen to Lysah.

  20. #3800
    no hero ;_;


    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I wonder why they took so long to enable PRD in Dota 2, considering it was in DotA.
    you mean this?
    Pseudo Random chances are now enabled for these abilities
    it was already implemented for items afaik
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-11-28 at 10:58 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •