Clearly DotA is fine as is and doesn't need any more heroes :x

I certainly thought we were going to see heavy progress with the recent invite spam....maybe they're going to surprise us with 6 heroes at once. I guess we can just trust Premier Frog on this one.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now

I think Icefrog might still be on his holiday in China...

@Finear I don't know, I just knew it wasn't enabled for (most?) abilities.

Manni | paragon.fi | Dota 2 forum | The golden rule: Listen to Lysah.

They have some other concerns rather than releasing heroes as fast as possible it seems. Since I got all my fav. heroes. I was lucky enough to get all a year ago. I'm totally fine

btw what is PRD?

edit: just read it in wiki.

They need to lower the price of items in shop. 8$ for Invoker set...and my currency is weaker than dollar which is double penetration...
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-28 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I think Icefrog might still be on his holiday in China....
    make sense, WCG starts tomorrow and although it lost community respect as tournament
    they are promoting dota literally everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    btw what is PRD?
    http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Pseudo...m_distribution

They have some other concerns rather than releasing heroes as fast as possible it seems. Since I got all my fav. heroes. I was lucky enough to get all a year ago. I'm totally fine

btw what is PRD?
    Google "dota PRD" and you'll get the wiki page for it...it is essential a built in mechanism that makes RNG not random at all. Buriza-do(daedalus) starts at like 8.5% chance to proc and increases by 8.5% chance every time it does NOT proc, so after 3 or 4 non-crits you will start being more likely to crit than not, eventually being guaranteed to crit. Items like Vanguard work the same way, vanguard starts at like a 45% chance to block so if you don't block 2 hits in a row you will be over a 100% chance to block.

In essence, the idea is that a system that forces RNG to happen a certain way, artificially creating the advertised proc chance while keeping luck down in terms of game factor. It is very, very rare to crit 5 times in a row with a daedalus - not because .25^5 is low, but because it would actually be .085^5. At the same time, you should never go 20 hits without critting - that is literally impossible.

Also, none of my favorites are in the game right now...phoenix TC LoA BB </3
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-11-28 at 11:38 PM.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now

If you cannot be arsed with napkin math, here's something I stole off of a reddit comment:

Here is a list of the number of attacks without activating an effect required before the next attack has >50% chance to activate it:
    • Headshot: 2 hits
    • Blade Dance at Lvl 4: 3 hits
    • Lycan's crit: 4 hits
    • Drunken Brawler, Time Lock, Slardar's Bash at Lvl 4: 5 hits
    • Coup de Grace: 15 hits
    • SK's crit: 15 hits
    • Chaos Strike: 33 hits

One hero will probably see the light of day in the next major patch. Expecting multiple is far from realistic.

shit takes time man

Just remembered this spell combo i did before with Rubick on Diretide with having Elder Dragon form and Lycan's ulti at the same time. only needed Vendetta to complete it, lol.

"#Got99ProblemsAndTreannAintOne" ~ElyPop

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    If you cannot be arsed with napkin math, here's something I stole off of a reddit comment:

Here is a list of the number of attacks without activating an effect required before the next attack has >50% chance to activate it:
    • Headshot: 2 hits
    • Blade Dance at Lvl 4: 3 hits
    • Lycan's crit: 4 hits
    • Drunken Brawler, Time Lock, Slardar's Bash at Lvl 4: 5 hits
    • Coup de Grace: 15 hits
    • SK's crit: 15 hits
    • Chaos Strike: 33 hits
    Counter-Helix: 8,003 hits

Stupid character limit.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Clearly DotA is fine as is and doesn't need any more heroes :x
    I want my little Phoenix, my Shredder and SkyWrath godamit!
    And Dussie as well

btw, guys, have you ever(or your friends) experienced problems with Dota2, such as dota lagging you out to leave and drop game?
    My friend has this problem and gained a lot of time-penalty of this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    I want my little Phoenix, my Shredder and SkyWrath godamit!
    And Dussie as well
    I heard Abaddon might actually be last in line for getting added.
    I cried a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    I heard Abaddon might actually be last in line for getting added.
    I cried a bit.
    same here

Quote Originally Posted by lycoris View Post
    i heard abaddon might actually be last in line for getting added.
    I cried a bit.
    what do you mean i die if i punch him

punching things is how things die
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    what do you mean i die if i punch him

punching things is how things die
    use deadly crane stance.
    if done right, no can defence

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    use deadly crane stance.
    if done right, no can defence

do you think your wu-tang sword can defeat me?

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    do you think your wu-tang sword can defeat me?
    you too stupid to dodge!

For the first time, I used chat, trading functions and surfed in store. After 5 mins, my CPU was overloaded and couldn't even render 5 frames per second. Any1 having same problem? Some sort of bug I suppose because I have no problem on my end.

my CPU was overloaded and couldn't even render 5 frames per second
    I have no problem on my end
    well, technically...

Either way, nobody has recently reported such an issue to the developer forum. Some people appear to have some serious FPS issues, though. Does this happen every time you do this or is this a one-time thing? If you're able to recreate it on demand, you should email icefrog about it.

Sorry to steal the subject away from Kuntantee's issue, but I was just thinking about the first time I played Dota and the heros that had full map ulties. We had a Zues and Me as profit and some-one else... Zues did His ulty- Unknown did theirs, I did Profits and got a penta kill- enemy team wasn't at fountain, but wasn't fighting ither they were waiting at base towers while we pushed. The question is, who was it (hero) that could have gone 2nd to do this... for the life of me I can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    Sorry to steal the subject away from Kuntantee's issue, but I was just thinking about the first time I played Dota and the heros that had full map ulties. We had a Zues and Me as profit and some-one else... Zues did His ulty- Unknown did theirs, I did Profits and got a penta kill- enemy team wasn't at fountain, but wasn't fighting ither they were waiting at base towers while we pushed. The question is, who was it (hero) that could have gone 2nd to do this... for the life of me I can't remember.
    Spectre aka Mercurial

Ancient Apparition?

got a penta kill
    watch your words xD