1. #3861
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    All of Dazzle's spells are actually physical, not magical.
    Well yeah but Poison Touch doesn't work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Right clicking your own abilites should also have this option.
    Right clicking wouldn't be the best button though since IIRC, it's used for turning autocast on and off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    This game is ACTION RTS. The reason why there was hero portrait in WC3 because it was heavily story-driven and when you consider that it makes sense but in DotA2, no1 gives a shit to lore and lore will never ever be the strong point in this genre.
    Maybe it's just me but I actually care a great deal for the characters and lore in this game. Okay, the "lore" is pretty much internet generator-level and some of their voice acting is a bit...suspect but still.
    Last edited by Zefie; 2012-12-01 at 12:49 PM.

  2. #3862
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I disagree with all of those and much doubt some of them will ever happen, save for the loading tips which I frankly don't care about.

    When it comes to tooltips, HoN makes a good example. They used to have massive tooltips with almost every bit of information you could think of, which was actually fairly useful at times. However it turned out a lot of people didn't like them, and $2 changed them to something similar to what Dota 2 has now and everyone loved them. They did leave an option for enabling the old tooltips, but they were more or less broken for new heroes.

    But I don't really care about tooltips in Dota 2, there's little to no things I don't remember and the only things I sometimes check are the level scaling values which are displayed anyway. They should just make the in-game hero database better, and maybe sometime in the future when they have time make advanced tooltips available.
    I provided arguments WHY useless texture is useless in this genre. I respect your personal preference, you may want old-school interface but i think current UI does not enhance genre-specific features in anyway. I have no idea about HoN's enhanced tooltips and I don't really know why you give me some shitty(assuming it is) implementation of enhanced tooltips but it can be done right. I'm not talking about every single mechanics etc but magic immunity penetration would be a good start. The reason I forget certain things in DotA is because I give huge breaks and in that time I do not follow patch notes, changes etc.

    I, too, don't care about loading tips. I was just listing possible improvements for UI. What I care is core UI of the game and a good documentation about everything in game(not necessarily in game). Also some of those features won't be in game. Not because they are bad suggestion, it is because people don't like changes. If you had some idea about human computer interaction, you would agree with me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I actually care a great deal for the characters and lore in this game. Okay, the "lore" is pretty much internet generator-level and some of their voice acting is a bit...suspect but still.
    I didn't say no1 will care Lore but it is way less important compared to other genres. So copying UI from an old game in different genre does not make sense to me and UI feels very unfunctional for me. Also DotA2 lore will never be "epic" because heroes are copied from warcraft universe. If this had been done in a RPG game it would feel very cheap and lazy but it's just okay in ARTS which implies lore has no importance. Finally, I think DotA 2 has one of the best quality voice acting in the market.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-01 at 02:22 PM.

  3. #3863
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    A tip for you: next time if you are interested check my post history because when I say something is bad I generally come up with ideas and I mentioned about these changes before.
    Do you really expect people to have read every previous post you have made?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    no1 gives a shit to lore
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I didn't say no1 will care Lore
    uh..

  4. #3864
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    , I think DotA 2 has one of the best quality voice acting in the market.
    High quality yes.

  5. #3865
    Dota 2 lore is actually very interesting

  6. #3866
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    I see this constantly linked everywhere and I'm not sure what that has to do with quality. All the characters listed there have good voices and they sound fairly unique despite being from the same voice actor. I mean, if I only played those heroes it might be sort of a pet peeve for me but if you play any sound clip to me from one of those heroes I'm 98% sure I'd know which one it is.

    Not to mention each Dota 2 hero has 5-10 times longer soundtracks (save for Wisp) than in any other game in the genre and layers of interactivity that don't exist in other games. I'd call that pretty high quality.

    @Kuntantee I only mentioned HoN because in HoN it turned out most people preferred simple tooltips even if they lacked essential information. And what information is essential is pretty subjective to user anyway. What I said was my opinion alone, because in my opinion the UI is quite fine as it is and I would hate health globes and lack of portraits.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-12-01 at 03:25 PM.
    Manni of Paragon. Moderator of Dota 2 subforum - The golden rule: Listen to Lysah. Seriously.

  7. #3867
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Do you really expect people to have read every previous post you have made?
    If you can't be arsed with following discussions in this thread, then, do not jump and claim that people are just complaining. Anyway, you will be ignored(by ignore I do not mean ignoring literally, just ignoring the post) by me if you do this next time.

    About second part in your post: That's a poor word decision on my side. English is not my mother tongue and I can't say I'm very good at it. What I was trying to say is that very few people actually care about lore and the reason is the nature of ARTS genre. I should also elaborate what I was trying to say with "caring lore". I, too, read my fav. heroes background story etc. but that doesn't mean I do care about it. Even if they were poorly written texts or even there was no text at all, I would keep playing this game and I'm pretty sure it applies everyone in this thread and rest of DotA2 community. This is because gameplay is not directly related with lore unlike a RPG.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-01 at 03:30 PM.

  8. #3868
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    If you can't be arsed with following discussions in this thread, then, do not jump and claim that people are just complaining.
    But that's what you did in your post. At what point is a post too old to expect other people to have read it?

    Drow Ranger just passed Centaur Warrunner in win rate according to DotaBuff: https://dotabuff.com/heroes/winning

  9. #3869
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I see this constantly linked everywhere and I'm not sure what that has to do with quality. All the characters listed there have good voices and they sound fairly unique despite being from the same voice actor. I mean, if I only played those heroes it might be sort of a pet peeve for me but if you play any sound clip to me from one of those heroes I'm 98% sure I'd know which one it is.
    I'm pretty sure the only reason I recognize the difference between Necro, WL and Slardar is because I play Necro a ton and know his quotes.

    And really, Nolan, Tom, John, and Eric put this guy to shame.

    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Drow Ranger just passed Centaur Warrunner in win rate according to DotaBuff: https://dotabuff.com/heroes/winning
    I really feel like either her ulti buff or her constant global pushing needs to go, it's gotten ridiculous.

  10. #3870
    I am Murloc! Grading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sweeping dust at Myouren Temple
    Posts
    5,323
    Speaking about auto-cast, is there any way to toggle it on and off with buttons? Toggling it by right-clicking is rather clunky, I feel.

    Also I love how Wisp sounds just like the character he plays.

  11. #3871
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Can you give an example of a game which every entity in the game voice acted by different actors.

  12. #3872
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Speaking about auto-cast, is there any way to toggle it on and off with buttons? Toggling it by right-clicking is rather clunky, I feel.

    Also I love how Wisp sounds just like the character he plays.
    Alt + QWER
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Can you give an example of a game which every entity in the game voice acted by different actors.
    Uhhh.
    Bastion.

    I was joking, btw.

  13. #3873
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    But that's what you did in your post
    How?

    /10char

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 05:42 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Bastion.
    Can you provide a link? Either way it does not imply that DotA 2 has low quality voice acting. Invoker and weaver's voice acting is just incredible.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-01 at 03:46 PM.

  14. #3874
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Can you provide a link?
    Literally the only thing in the game with voice acting is the narrator. Everything else is music. Helps that there are like 4 characters in it too.

  15. #3875
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Literally the only thing in the game with voice acting is the narrator. Everything else is music. Helps that there are like 4 characters in it too.
    I didn't play Bastion but I was trying to say is there a game like DotA where there are tons of different characters and they are voice acted by different actors. I will guess no(unless you link me such big tittle) because it's not feasible. Also the quantity of voice actors has very little to do with quality.

  16. #3876
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I didn't play Bastion but I was trying to say is there a game like DotA where there are tons of different characters and they are voice acted by different actors. I will guess no(unless you link me such big tittle) because it's not feasible.
    Depends on how big it needs to be. 100+ characters probably not because most games don't have characters of that quantity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Also the quantity of voice actors has very little to do with quality.
    I never implied this, you did.

  17. #3877
    Old God PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    10,773
    If you want an example of a game where there are three voice actors for five billion different characters, look at any Bethesda game.

    There's a reason old school RPGs had a lot of text and voice acting was only for important stuff :-/
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  18. #3878
    well, Batrider turned out to be actually interesting and funny hero
    +1 to favorites, it seems, right after Rubick and Jakiro
    Last edited by Storm the Sorrow; 2012-12-03 at 07:35 AM.

  19. #3879
    I've been playing with a friend of mine, we're usually going together top/bot in games. I've been having a lot of fun with Lich, anyone have any thoughts on a good laning partner for him? My friend's usually playing an agi carry, and sometimes some of the strength heroes, figured we could iron out a solid strategy.

  20. #3880
    Juggernaut.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •