1. #4041
    Welp, I have one invitation to give away, if any of you wants to start playing dota today, I'd be happy to give it to you. Just PM me your steam name.

  2. #4042
    I got a couple of them too, just pm Youre steam name to me and ill add and gift
    Theyre just sitting there doing nothing now anyway

  3. #4043
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Because if I want to look at porn, I'll go look at fuckin porn. Having every single fucking female character wearing a skimpy outfit makes everyone playing the game look like they're 15 years old and just discovered girls.

    It's entirely possible to have a female character be sexy without looking like she's a fucking stripper or wearing fetish gear.
    Women wearing skimpy armor is pornography now? oh lord, lets ban women's tennis, swimming and any other sport that requires them to wear skimpy outfits oh wait it guess its ok there cause they call them uniforms or something right?

    How about if every female in every game from now on is either dressed as a nun or as Joan of Arc depending on her class

    I cant believe it has come to the point where people have to defend breasts from men that don't want to see them, end of the world indeed.

  4. #4044
    Quote Originally Posted by Galvayra View Post
    Women wearing skimpy armor is pornography now? oh lord, lets ban women's tennis, swimming and any other sport that requires them to wear skimpy outfits oh wait it guess its ok there cause they call them uniforms or something right?

    How about if every female in every game from now on is either dressed as a nun or as Joan of Arc depending on her class

    I cant believe it has come to the point where people have to defend breasts from men that don't want to see them, end of the world indeed.
    perhaps its not what he meant.
    Maybe he wanted to say he thinks that those (eye-candy) breasts are brought in such a way that is used to attract young adults, psychotic on gormones.

    to which I may agree, yet I dont find anything criminal in that.
    Sure as sure

  5. #4045
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Galvayra View Post
    Women wearing skimpy armor is pornography now? oh lord, lets ban women's tennis, swimming and any other sport that requires them to wear skimpy outfits oh wait it guess its ok there cause they call them uniforms or something right?

    How about if every female in every game from now on is either dressed as a nun or as Joan of Arc depending on her class

    I cant believe it has come to the point where people have to defend breasts from men that don't want to see them, end of the world indeed.
    It's not that I don't want to see them, it's that I don't see any point to it and it makes us all look like overgrown children to anyone on the outside, it says that we aren't mature enough to have female characters that aren't dolled up as sex icons.

    Crystal Maiden would be just as dubiously effective if she were wearing normal clothing, and unless they're trying to make a joke out of it, the way she's dressed is pretty risque for a "maiden."

    It's the same stupid shit with bikini plate and boob-contoured ballistic vests in other games - it makes zero sense and just looks fucking stupid.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  6. #4046
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    It's not that I don't want to see them, it's that I don't see any point to it and it makes us all look like overgrown children to anyone on the outside, it says that we aren't mature enough to have female characters that aren't dolled up as sex icons.
    yes, because people criticizing games for whatever reasons are actually taking time to check how womens are presented in particular titles (im not talking about feminist)
    if someone is against gaming as immature entertainment it is caused by stupid stereotypes not by "boobs"

    majority of the games audience is male
    males like sexy looking game characters
    i dont see a problem here (obviously im talking about proper games not farmville where females are probably majority)
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-12-08 at 12:14 PM.

  7. #4047
    This "sexually appealing women" heroes are inherited from Warcraft 3. No one can deny nelf and belf women are hot . Men like watching/looking sexy women. It's a fact.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-08 at 12:02 PM.

  8. #4048
    Check what I recieved today

    http://i.imgur.com/wcbVj.jpg

  9. #4049

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    yes, because people criticizing games for whatever reasons are actually taking time to check how womens are presented in particular titles (im not talking about feminist)
    if someone is against gaming as immature entertainment it is caused by stupid stereotypes not by "boobs"

    majority of the games audience is male
    males like sexy looking game characters
    i dont see a problem here (obviously im talking about proper games not farmville where females are probably majority)


    Point 1.
    Valve are either uncreative and incompetent or they are just scared to take the risk and make women more like women instead of walking sexual bimbos.

    Point 2.
    Proper games? I mean really, what are you sitting on a throne and waving your mouse and labeling what game is worthy of being called a real game....

  10. #4050
    Quote Originally Posted by Daraiki View Post
    Proper games? I mean really, what are you sitting on a throne and waving your mouse and labeling what game is worthy of being called a real game....
    yup, thats pretty much my job xD

  11. #4051
    Looks like İ have 5 extra dotas, pm me your id if you want a copy.

  12. #4052
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    On a side question, what is Valve's stance regarding the sexualization of female hero design? So far, it appears that they have followed the "sex sells" policy, giving most of the females visible cleavage, with Luna and Broodmother being the only two exceptions that I know of.
    I'm not exactly sure what the issue is. The greatest influence for Dota 2 character design is in the design of their corresponding WC3 characters - not abiding by them for the most iconic heroes Valve would already be disappointing a lot of players. And turning every female hero either to a Broodmother or Brienne of Tarth would still be disappointing to a lot of players who don't know anything about WC3 DotA. There's little to gain and much to lose for Valve for not abiding their players' wishes, and Dota 2 doesn't really sound like a game that would make a great stand for whatever they'd want to achieve in undoing the current hero designs.

    The truth is, much like their predecessors, Dota 2 heroes don't take themselves very seriously between their pun-riddled lines and extravagant characters. I don't exactly approve of sexism, but I see no reason to get worked up about half a dozen heroes showing some cleavage or lots of male characters being hilariously overmasculine. And realistically, if you can't stand how female characters look like in a game like dota, you're probably in a very small minority and not exactly in the demographic.

    And just to bring some numbers to the post, it looks like to me that the almost-human, scantily clad female heroes have a lower than 1:1 ratio to the rest of the female heroes. Puck, Spectre, (old?) Venge, Broodmother and Death Prophet at least are pretty far from being overly sexualized. And I kind of have a feeling Medusa won't be too cute. Looking at LoL chumpions, particularly their version of Brood, that's quite a lot.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-12-08 at 05:11 PM.



    Manni | paragon.fi | Dota 2 forum | The golden rule: Listen to Lysah.

  13. #4053
    Quote Originally Posted by Galvayra View Post
    Women wearing skimpy armor is pornography now? oh lord, lets ban women's tennis, swimming and any other sport that requires them to wear skimpy outfits oh wait it guess its ok there cause they call them uniforms or something right?

    How about if every female in every game from now on is either dressed as a nun or as Joan of Arc depending on her class

    I cant believe it has come to the point where people have to defend breasts from men that don't want to see them, end of the world indeed.
    Tbh I wouldn't mind seeing less skin in games. It's just embarassing having these video game characters going around half naked, it really is unnecessary, I have always thought it.

    That being said, I don't think Dota 2 suffers with the problem.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 07:08 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    yes, because people criticizing games for whatever reasons are actually taking time to check how womens are presented in particular titles (im not talking about feminist)
    if someone is against gaming as immature entertainment it is caused by stupid stereotypes not by "boobs"

    majority of the games audience is male
    males like sexy looking game characters
    i dont see a problem here (obviously im talking about proper games not farmville where females are probably majority)
    ... You are unwittingly sexist and unfortunately ignorant.

    I am male, and love the boobs on every girl I have ravaged in real life, that does not translate to me needing to see sexualised women in EVERYTHING. In fact I abhor it. It is EVERYWHERE in society today. I find it to be degrading for women and men, both for women being constantly sexualised and men being constantly seen as needing sexual gratification.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 07:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    This "sexually appealing women" heroes are inherited from Warcraft 3. No one can deny nelf and belf women are hot . Men like watching/looking sexy women. It's a fact.
    When it's time to look at sexy women we type Mila Kunis and Miranda Kerr into Google, not Lina, Lanaya or Luna.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

  14. #4054
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    When it's time to look at sexy women we type Mila Kunis and Miranda Kerr into Google, not Lina, Lanaya or Luna.
    That was a joke Einstein.

  15. #4055
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    ... You are unwittingly sexist and unfortunately ignorant.
    I agree. When will people remember that some of us women need sexual gratification as well?
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  16. #4056
    I am Murloc! Grading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Myouren Temple
    Posts
    5,351
    I've always wondered what women find sexy in a man... They really should make more guys who are appealing to girls instead of just ugly dudes and bimbo-chicks.

  17. #4057
    You'd be surprised how many DotA heroes are appealing to women, I think.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  18. #4058
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I agree. When will people remember that some of us women need sexual gratification as well?
    But there's always liquid`ixmike88.



    Manni | paragon.fi | Dota 2 forum | The golden rule: Listen to Lysah.

  19. #4059
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    You'd be surprised how many DotA heroes are appealing to women, I think.
    Sven's the manliest man that ever was manly and has a nice hat.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  20. #4060
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,828
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Sven's the manliest man that ever was manly and has a nice hat.
    I thought it was Axe that was the manliest.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •