1. #4081
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    What?

    /10char
    everyone wants to play mid and/or carry
    hence 5carry teams

  2. #4082
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    everyone wants to play mid and/or carry
    hence 5carry teams
    I like playing supports actually(I hate playing carry) but when you play support and your carry fails to farm, your team fails to gank or put some pressure to enemy team and when you die while trying to save your carry or in team fights, ending up 0/8 that's when they start to blame support for feeding. I'm going to say current player base is ultra-retard. Almost brainless. There is not fucking way I play support and get all the hatred for just playing missing role in the game.

    You can't support some people because they are too shit at game.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-10 at 12:16 AM.

  3. #4083
    I don't know but I think blaming supports only happens in lower MMR. If you are in high MMR, you rarely ever see people flame support for feeding or being underleveled. They flame if you make a bad move or something, but that happens on any role. I also don't see full carry teams all that often in high MMR. People tend to pick after what is needed. If someone calls mid, very rarely someone else will pick a mid hero. If someone picks a carry for safe lane, very rarely will you see another carry being picked so it ends up being two carries on one lane.

    It does not happen in high MMR. Just play yourself up from your lower MMR. It is not impossible. If you believe you belong in high MMR, you should have no trouble getting there to be honest.
    Last edited by Ariadne; 2012-12-10 at 01:27 AM.

  4. #4084
    If anything, Valve should make MMR ranking more visible, or at least tell people which bracket are they in (and when they are at it, add more bracket into the game instead of just normal/high/vh). I'm in high at the moment, and people still pick 3-4 carries.

    I like playing supports actually(I hate playing carry) but when you play support and your carry fails to farm, your team fails to gank or put some pressure to enemy team and when you die while trying to save your carry or in team fights, ending up 0/8 that's when they start to blame support for feeding. I'm going to say current player base is ultra-retard. Almost brainless. There is not fucking way I play support and get all the hatred for just playing missing role in the game.
    Like in any game of this genre, most people link hard carries to instant glory. Game designers dont do anything to discourage that mentality so it only spreads. I myself never play carry, semi/gank like windrunner most of the time and sometime babysitter like Jakiro. But a support cant do much in a 4-carry match :\

  5. #4085
    Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    If anything, Valve should make MMR ranking more visible, or at least tell people which bracket are they in (and when they are at it, add more bracket into the game instead of just normal/high/vh). I'm in high at the moment, and people still pick 3-4 carries.
    Sorry, when I said high MMR I meant Very High in the Filter Search.

  6. #4086
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I don't know but I think blaming supports only happens in lower MMR. If you are in high MMR, you rarely ever see people flame support for feeding or being underleveled. They flame if you make a bad move or something, but that happens on any role. I also don't see full carry teams all that often in high MMR. People tend to pick after what is needed. If someone calls mid, very rarely someone else will pick a mid hero. If someone picks a carry for safe lane, very rarely will you see another carry being picked so it ends up being two carries on one lane.

    It does not happen in high MMR. Just play yourself up from your lower MMR. It is not impossible. If you believe you belong in high MMR, you should have no trouble getting there to be honest.
    My match making rating is high enough for 6 months and it's even better for last two months. What I was talking about premade groups with my friends(they are new to moba genre). Also you shouldn't consider MMR is the ultimate deciding factor of good players. I'm watching front page games sometimes(tbh mostly) see they are not as experienced nor as skilled as I am. Do not confuse me with average player base. Also anyone who understand dota slightly would know the filter option of skill level is useless.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-10 at 12:10 PM.

  7. #4087
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I'm watching front page games sometimes(tbh mostly) see they are not as experienced nor as skilled as I am.
    Have you considered the fact that they're screwing around because it's public DotA? I don't pretend for a second that just because I can go godlike against coL means it would happen again in a seriously tryhard CM game. I consider myself one of the best players but it's a team game and most people on page 1 aren't in a team. Even when I see EG/coL it's usually 2-4 of them, not a whole team. When I play against a Merlini stack half his team clicks the random button (my team does too, but the fact remains, not serious game).

    Don't get me wrong, I don't consider tournament level play impressive and that's supposedly as good as it gets. Still, sometimes when you call someone bad and he says he wasn't trying he was telling the truth.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-12-10 at 12:25 PM.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  8. #4088
    Just played support for a Drow Ranger who on my question why he doesnt stop autoattacking answered : "We have to get the tower". On lvl 2. He also got no lasthits what so ever, the enemy viper was at about 10 denies a few minutes in. Needles to say that it was my fault he got ganked although i warded our forest and could walk to the tower with all time of the world while he ignored my pings. That all with boots he bought from his starting gold.

    While this was going on our russian 2nd carry a magnataur took lessons in tower diving. Of course he cant explain you what is wrong with him because in his little world all people speak russian. Thats it I am done with playing supports in pub matches.
    Last edited by Faldric; 2012-12-10 at 02:03 PM.

  9. #4089
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Have you considered the fact that they're screwing around because it's public DotA? I don't pretend for a second that just because I can go godlike against coL means it would happen again in a seriously tryhard CM game. I consider myself one of the best players but it's a team game and most people on page 1 aren't in a team. Even when I see EG/coL it's usually 2-4 of them, not a whole team. When I play against a Merlini stack half his team clicks the random button (my team does too, but the fact remains, not serious game).

    Don't get me wrong, I don't consider tournament level play impressive and that's supposedly as good as it gets. Still, sometimes when you call someone bad and he says he wasn't trying he was telling the truth.
    That doesn't mean I am worse than front page players. I totally believe I have enough skill to be a professional DotA(this confidence comes from me being extraordinary in every game I play) player but I do not commit enough time and I won't because I don't think being professional player is fun. Also, I wasn't discussing the seriousness of games and I wasn't necessarily referring to first page where most games are played by top-tier professional players. What I meant was "very high skill" games.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-10 at 02:08 PM.

  10. #4090
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Just played support for a Drow Ranger who on my question why he doesnt stop autoattacking answered : "We have to get the tower". On lvl 2. He also got no lasthits what so ever, the enemy viper was at about 10 denies a few minutes in. Needles to say that it was my fault he got ganked although i warded our forest and could walk to the tower with all time of the world while he ignored my pings. That all with boots he bought from his starting gold.

    While this was going on our russian 2nd carry a magnataur took lessons in tower diving. Of course he cant explain you what is wrong with him because in his little world all people speak russian. Thats it I am done with playing supports in pub matches.
    if it helps you, I often meet a lot of godawful english-speaking mouthbreathers, so you are not single-outed with bad luck on teammates

  11. #4091
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    My match making rating is high enough for 6 months and it's even better for last two months. What I was talking about premade groups with my friends(they are new to moba genre). Also you shouldn't consider MMR is the ultimate deciding factor of good players. I'm watching front page games sometimes(tbh mostly) see they are not as experienced nor as skilled as I am. Do not confuse me with average player base. Also anyone who understand dota slightly would know the filter option of skill level is useless.
    I meant those that whined about getting teams with five carries or getting blamed if they fed with a support hero. I'm not saying high MMR = good player. I'm saying that at high MMR those things don't happen that often. People complain about their teammates being bad but most of the time they're at the same skill level.
    Last edited by Ariadne; 2012-12-10 at 03:00 PM.

  12. #4092
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I don't think being professional player is fun.
    Well I can't disagree with you there.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  13. #4093
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Well I can't disagree with you there.
    how come?
    It is entirely possible to be professional at what you are doing while also having fun.

  14. #4094
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Its painful cause thats my favourite position T_T.
    After about 300 wins I rarely encounter people that bad, generally always playing with people who have 1400 games experience + nowadays.

    If you're new, this is what happens - and you will have it on both sides. Learn to teach, instead of rage, and recognise your own shortcomings. After I recognised my own and playing to my strengths and filling in my teams weaknesses, I started crawling my way up the skill levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

  15. #4095
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I meant those that whined about getting teams with five carries or getting blamed if they fed with a support hero. That does not happen often at all at high MMR.
    if this post is directed at me i dont whine about 5carry teams, not on my main acc MM bracket
    but when im playing with newbie friends on my 2nd acc 90% of the games are 5carry ;s

  16. #4096
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    i wish it was as easy as you say ;_;
    creep is almost always under enemy tower and when you pick carry someone random in last second *void* and steals your farm ;c
    Sounds like all the people complaining are the problem themselves and don't see it lol.

    "creep is almost always under enemy tower" ? What? ... steal your farm as void? What?

    You don't steal farm as void, you get farm. You are a hard carry. If they are getting the farm, and you are a hard carry also, and believe you should be getting it, ask yourself this question "Why don't I get it". It is because you clearly cannot last hit well enough, so let them farm, because they are better than you.

    If the creep is under the enemy tower, then learn to deny, block, pull, and stop auto attacking.

    And queue with a friend once in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

  17. #4097
    This game needs a "vote kick" feature.
    Just had a game with a Doombringer whose only intention was to feed. First he ran to Roshan to get himself killed, then he ran in the lanes to get himself killed,... At the end of minute 7 he was 0-10-0, lvl 1 with no items. He did this feeding on purpose. And to make things worse the enemy team seemed to enjoy getting this farm and therefore pwning us all so they didnt really pushed. After 20 mins all tier 2 towers were still intact, we just killed stuff or feeded now to to avoid abandon. Enemy team still didnt want to end it. I took the abandon at the end, I have better things to do.
    Last edited by Faldric; 2012-12-10 at 03:25 PM.

  18. #4098
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    You don't steal farm as void, you get farm. You are a hard carry. If they are getting the farm, and you are a hard carry also, and believe you should be getting it, ask yourself this question "Why don't I get it". It is because you clearly cannot last hit well enough, so let them farm, because they are better than you.
    well i used wrong word
    hes not stealing farm just making last hiting annoying as fuck trying to steal farm (and melee always have easy time vs ranged)

    If the creep is under the enemy tower, then learn to deny, block, pull, and stop auto attacking.
    kinda hard to deny creeps on side lanes while you are sitting on mid ?

    And queue with a friend once in a while.
    i play with friends almost exclusively, as i said above this does not happen if im playing on my main acc (and i play support unless im solo queueing)
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-12-10 at 03:29 PM.

  19. #4099
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    how come?
    It is entirely possible to be professional at what you are doing while also having fun.
    I disagree. When you play to win you are not playing to have fun.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  20. #4100
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I disagree. When you play to win you are not playing to have fun.
    well, imo its a matter of personal experience.
    It is entirely up to you if you can or not have fun while being srious, and Im damn sure it is possible to do it.
    Take a look at Na'Vi, for example, they are enjoying every minute of game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •