Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Enjoying the effects does not mean enjoying the labor.
    trudat

although I mean, I spend more time at work than I do at home (even if I count the few hours I am asleep and the commuting time) - and I enjoy it. I bet I'd enjoy playing Dota more though if I was any good at it. Fat chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    I am in no way responsible for my сountrymen, nor are you for your ones.
    So please, dont blame it on russians/brasilians/whatever.
    Just grasp this basic concept: no matter what language your teammates speak, if they suck at game/hero/current matchup, there is a decent chance they would suck even if they spoke like natural born englishmen.

Hate is for weak, strong ones brush it aside.
    stay mighty ;[
    Not saying you are that way. But practically 95% of Russians I have met in game (I have met a lot) are that way. When there is an overwhelming majority, we am going to draw conclusions.

If there is ever a vote for region locking, I shall be voting for it, as will most if not all of my friends.

Not just because of the abuse though, the lack of communication is a major deciding factor also, theres no point playing a game that relies on communication with people who you can't communicate with. How can I teach bad players if they don't understand what I am saying?

No, Russians in Dota 2 make up an overwhelming majority of abusive players and I have had so many "We have taken action from your report" for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    Not saying you are that way. But practically 95% of Russians I have met in game (I have met a lot) are that way. When there is an overwhelming majority, we am going to draw conclusions.

If there is ever a vote for region locking, I shall be voting for it, as will most if not all of my friends.

Not just because of the abuse though, the lack of communication is a major deciding factor also, theres no point playing a game that relies on communication with people who you can't communicate with. How can I teach bad players if they don't understand what I am saying?

No, Russians in Dota 2 make up an overwhelming majority of abusive players and I have had so many "We have taken action from your report" for them.
    so basically, you're blaming all your losses on russians who dont speak english?
    Did you ever think there might be some other culprits?

so basically, you're blaming all your losses on russians who dont speak english?
    *cough*
    Sounds like all the people complaining are the problem themselves and don't see it lol.
    *cough*

I didn't say losses. I said abusive, and lack of communication. Find as many skilled russians as I do unskilled.
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

I didn't say losses. I said abusive, and lack of communication. Find as many skilled russians as I do unskilled.
    so now you're implying there are more russians in dota2, and most of them are abusive assholes?
    now that is something else

edit: tell you what, assholes are not restricted to some country or region.
    deal with it.
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2012-12-10 at 06:37 PM.

so now you're implying there are more russians in dota2, and most of them are abusive assholes?
    now that is something else
    No, I didn't imply there are more Russians at all. I implied Russians were the most abusive and were the hardest to communicate with.

For instance, I just had a game where we annihilated a "team", (all had the same prefix in their name). We were all random except for wisp and phantom lancer (who didn't lane together anyway). We had a visage who played excellently, couldn't really fault him. However all he had to say was abuse, abuse abuse abuse. Even while winning, abuse to us and abuse to the other team. This is my typical experience with a Russian player. I rarely have this experience with players from other nations.

No, I didn't imply there are more Russians at all. I implied Russians were the most abusive and were the hardest to communicate with.

For instance, I just had a game where we annihilated a "team", (all had the same prefix in their name). We were all random except for wisp and phantom lancer (who didn't lane together anyway). We had a visage who played excellently, couldn't really fault him. However all he had to say was abuse, abuse abuse abuse. Even while winning, abuse to us and abuse to the other team. This is my typical experience with a Russian player. I rarely have this experience with players from other nations.
    you could freely put Brazilian in place of Russian(or any other country) and your rant would still be valid.
    asssholes are not restricted to special region, friend.
    Maybe its just the way you(and many other people) feeling, but it is not true.
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2012-12-10 at 06:46 PM.

you could freely put Brazilian in place of Russian(or any other country) and your rant would still be valid.
    asssholes are not restricted to special region, friend.
    No they are not, but in mine and my friends experience, Russia has the most. I have yet to meet a Brazilian asshole, and I have met so few assholes of other nations that I cannot remember a specific bad experience with anyone of another nation. Please stop trying to refute my experience, and indeed that of my friends.

I never automatically assume Russians are assholes. I give each of them a chance individually. That doesn't change what I have experienced though, no matter how much you try to argue it.

No they are not, but in mine and my friends experience, Russia has the most. I have yet to meet a Brazilian asshole, and I have met so few assholes of other nations that I cannot remember a specific bad experience with anyone of another nation. Please stop trying to refute my experience, and indeed that of my friends.

I never automatically assume Russians are assholes. I give each of them a chance individually. That doesn't change what I have experienced though, no matter how much you try to argue it.
    well I can argue it, cant I?)
    for the sake of argument, I can so freely claim I've met much more asshole english-speaking beings in dota2 than those russian-speaking , how do you like it

maybe good ones speak english and you dont even know that they are russians?

well I can argue it, cant I?)
    for the sake of argument, I can so freely claim I've met much more asshole english-speaking beings in dota2 than those russian-speaking , how do you like it
    You're welcome to claim whatever you want, but you can't tell me my experience or anyone else's is wrong. It is our experience.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 06:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    maybe good ones speak english and you dont even know that they are russians?
    I check nationalities before game begins, as something to do. Become a habit of mine.

well, imo its a matter of personal experience.
    It is entirely up to you if you can or not have fun while being srious, and Im damn sure it is possible to do it.
    Take a look at Na'Vi, for example, they are enjoying every minute of game.
    and they are usually knocked out of tournaments very early now.

You're welcome to claim whatever you want, but you can't tell me my experience or anyone else's is wrong. It is our experience.
    What I claim is that you've become biased towards russians, while there are many , and I mean many-many more assholes.
    We tend to stick out, I suppose, and am sorry for

Quote Originally Posted by Shocktroop View Post
    and they are usually knocked out of tournaments very early now.
    yet I stand on my point that it is entirely possible to have fun while being determined to win.

If your game turns into a job, you've already lost.
    learn to balance, dunno, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Are you playing to win or to get better? If you want to get better, getting upset at your supposedly Russian team-mates will give you nothing. You won't become a better player unless you focus on your own play. It means fuck all to go 25-0 and lose if you're going to blame your team. They might be at fault for you losing, but if your goal is to get better at the game - why do you care about the team mates you do not know (and probably will never play with again)?
    The problem with this logic is the following: If your teammates suck and they provide easy ganks for the enemy team this will 5-10 minutes later screw over your lane. Because any semi decent team will immidiatly jump at you with their superior farm and gone is every chance to improve. You are not learning very much when you get constantly destroyed because of superior farm. You may practise a little lasthitting or jungle pulling in between your downtimes but its just not possible to focus on your own play when your teammates are terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    You'd have to be pretty messed up to constantly enjoy Chinese DotA training regiments. There was an interview with Pajkatt on Swedish radio and he basically plays from waking up to very late in the evening with only one day a week off.
    Yeah, I remember that same interview, and what I recall he said was that they train some ~8? hours everyday, and after that they could do whatever but usually just play more dota, pubs etc. I very much doubt they'd do that if they didn't enjoy it.

And to be fair, between some of the jobs I've done for money and the army I'd be happy to play Dota all day instead, however long that would take.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah
    I disagree. When you play to win you are not playing to have fun.
    For some people, that is the most satisfying form of playing.

What I claim is that you've become biased towards russians, while there are many , and I mean many-many more assholes.

yet I stand on my point that it is entirely possible to have fun while being determined to win.

If your game turns into a job, you've already lost.
    learn to balance, dunno, or something.
    No, I haven't become biased towards anyone, I don't treat anyone any differently. I am concluding a statement based on experience. While you keep trying to refute my experience like it is wrong. It isn't. Please learn this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just play the same few op champs every game. Even if my team does bad, I know i can dominate my lane opponent and gank other lanes to get fed.
    I play Huskarr, Sniper, Zeus, Juggernaut, Sven, etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

I noticed a correlation between "playing terrible" and "not being able to speak english". I never had any problems with those who switch to english when you ask them to. They usually play pretty good as well. Its the ones who just keep on writing cyrillic although they are the only ones understanding it.

No, I haven't become biased towards anyone, I don't treat anyone any differently. I am concluding a statement based on experience. While you keep trying to refute my experience like it is wrong. It isn't. Please learn this.
    lets just agree to disagree then, for the sake of good manners

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    I noticed a correlation between "playing terrible" and "not being able to speak english". I never had any problems with those who switch to english when you ask them to. They usually play pretty good as well. Its the ones who just keep on writing cyrillic although they are the only ones understanding it.
    there is no correlation between having A+ with english language and sucking at dota2.
    sorry, no, nada, none