1. #4121
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    I didn't say losses. I said abusive, and lack of communication. Find as many skilled russians as I do unskilled.
    so now you're implying there are more russians in dota2, and most of them are abusive assholes?
    now that is something else

    edit: tell you what, assholes are not restricted to some country or region.
    deal with it.
    Last edited by Storm the Sorrow; 2012-12-10 at 06:37 PM.
    Sure as sure

  2. #4122
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    so now you're implying there are more russians in dota2, and most of them are abusive assholes?
    now that is something else
    No, I didn't imply there are more Russians at all. I implied Russians were the most abusive and were the hardest to communicate with.

    For instance, I just had a game where we annihilated a "team", (all had the same prefix in their name). We were all random except for wisp and phantom lancer (who didn't lane together anyway). We had a visage who played excellently, couldn't really fault him. However all he had to say was abuse, abuse abuse abuse. Even while winning, abuse to us and abuse to the other team. This is my typical experience with a Russian player. I rarely have this experience with players from other nations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

  3. #4123
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    No, I didn't imply there are more Russians at all. I implied Russians were the most abusive and were the hardest to communicate with.

    For instance, I just had a game where we annihilated a "team", (all had the same prefix in their name). We were all random except for wisp and phantom lancer (who didn't lane together anyway). We had a visage who played excellently, couldn't really fault him. However all he had to say was abuse, abuse abuse abuse. Even while winning, abuse to us and abuse to the other team. This is my typical experience with a Russian player. I rarely have this experience with players from other nations.
    you could freely put Brazilian in place of Russian(or any other country) and your rant would still be valid.
    asssholes are not restricted to special region, friend.
    Maybe its just the way you(and many other people) feeling, but it is not true.
    Last edited by Storm the Sorrow; 2012-12-10 at 06:46 PM.
    Sure as sure

  4. #4124
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    you could freely put Brazilian in place of Russian(or any other country) and your rant would still be valid.
    asssholes are not restricted to special region, friend.
    No they are not, but in mine and my friends experience, Russia has the most. I have yet to meet a Brazilian asshole, and I have met so few assholes of other nations that I cannot remember a specific bad experience with anyone of another nation. Please stop trying to refute my experience, and indeed that of my friends.

    I never automatically assume Russians are assholes. I give each of them a chance individually. That doesn't change what I have experienced though, no matter how much you try to argue it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

  5. #4125
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    No they are not, but in mine and my friends experience, Russia has the most. I have yet to meet a Brazilian asshole, and I have met so few assholes of other nations that I cannot remember a specific bad experience with anyone of another nation. Please stop trying to refute my experience, and indeed that of my friends.

    I never automatically assume Russians are assholes. I give each of them a chance individually. That doesn't change what I have experienced though, no matter how much you try to argue it.
    well I can argue it, cant I?)
    for the sake of argument, I can so freely claim I've met much more asshole english-speaking beings in dota2 than those russian-speaking , how do you like it
    Sure as sure

  6. #4126
    maybe good ones speak english and you dont even know that they are russians?

  7. #4127
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    well I can argue it, cant I?)
    for the sake of argument, I can so freely claim I've met much more asshole english-speaking beings in dota2 than those russian-speaking , how do you like it
    You're welcome to claim whatever you want, but you can't tell me my experience or anyone else's is wrong. It is our experience.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 06:55 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    maybe good ones speak english and you dont even know that they are russians?
    I check nationalities before game begins, as something to do. Become a habit of mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

  8. #4128
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    well, imo its a matter of personal experience.
    It is entirely up to you if you can or not have fun while being srious, and Im damn sure it is possible to do it.
    Take a look at Na'Vi, for example, they are enjoying every minute of game.
    and they are usually knocked out of tournaments very early now.

  9. #4129
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    You're welcome to claim whatever you want, but you can't tell me my experience or anyone else's is wrong. It is our experience.
    What I claim is that you've become biased towards russians, while there are many , and I mean many-many more assholes.
    We tend to stick out, I suppose, and am sorry for

    Quote Originally Posted by Shocktroop View Post
    and they are usually knocked out of tournaments very early now.
    yet I stand on my point that it is entirely possible to have fun while being determined to win.

    If your game turns into a job, you've already lost.
    learn to balance, dunno, or something.
    Sure as sure

  10. #4130
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Are you playing to win or to get better? If you want to get better, getting upset at your supposedly Russian team-mates will give you nothing. You won't become a better player unless you focus on your own play. It means fuck all to go 25-0 and lose if you're going to blame your team. They might be at fault for you losing, but if your goal is to get better at the game - why do you care about the team mates you do not know (and probably will never play with again)?
    The problem with this logic is the following: If your teammates suck and they provide easy ganks for the enemy team this will 5-10 minutes later screw over your lane. Because any semi decent team will immidiatly jump at you with their superior farm and gone is every chance to improve. You are not learning very much when you get constantly destroyed because of superior farm. You may practise a little lasthitting or jungle pulling in between your downtimes but its just not possible to focus on your own play when your teammates are terrible.

  11. #4131
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    You'd have to be pretty messed up to constantly enjoy Chinese DotA training regiments. There was an interview with Pajkatt on Swedish radio and he basically plays from waking up to very late in the evening with only one day a week off.
    Yeah, I remember that same interview, and what I recall he said was that they train some ~8? hours everyday, and after that they could do whatever but usually just play more dota, pubs etc. I very much doubt they'd do that if they didn't enjoy it.

    And to be fair, between some of the jobs I've done for money and the army I'd be happy to play Dota all day instead, however long that would take.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah
    I disagree. When you play to win you are not playing to have fun.
    For some people, that is the most satisfying form of playing.



    Manni | paragon.fi | Dota 2 forum | The golden rule: Listen to Lysah.

  12. #4132
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    What I claim is that you've become biased towards russians, while there are many , and I mean many-many more assholes.
    We tend to stick out, I suppose, and am sorry for


    yet I stand on my point that it is entirely possible to have fun while being determined to win.

    If your game turns into a job, you've already lost.
    learn to balance, dunno, or something.
    No, I haven't become biased towards anyone, I don't treat anyone any differently. I am concluding a statement based on experience. While you keep trying to refute my experience like it is wrong. It isn't. Please learn this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

  13. #4133
    Mechagnome LolretKJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    640
    I just play the same few op champs every game. Even if my team does bad, I know i can dominate my lane opponent and gank other lanes to get fed.
    I play Huskarr, Sniper, Zeus, Juggernaut, Sven, etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

  14. #4134
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    What I claim is that you've become biased towards russians, while there are many , and I mean many-many more assholes.
    We tend to stick out, I suppose, and am sorry for
    I noticed a correlation between "playing terrible" and "not being able to speak english". I never had any problems with those who switch to english when you ask them to. They usually play pretty good as well. Its the ones who just keep on writing cyrillic although they are the only ones understanding it.

  15. #4135
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    No, I haven't become biased towards anyone, I don't treat anyone any differently. I am concluding a statement based on experience. While you keep trying to refute my experience like it is wrong. It isn't. Please learn this.
    lets just agree to disagree then, for the sake of good manners

    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    I noticed a correlation between "playing terrible" and "not being able to speak english". I never had any problems with those who switch to english when you ask them to. They usually play pretty good as well. Its the ones who just keep on writing cyrillic although they are the only ones understanding it.
    there is no correlation between having A+ with english language and sucking at dota2.
    sorry, no, nada, none
    Sure as sure

  16. #4136
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    yet I stand on my point that it is entirely possible to have fun while being determined to win.

    If your game turns into a job, you've already lost.
    learn to balance, dunno, or something.
    The thing is, usually when games become a job, the players are also bound to get demoted/fired if they don't meet up to standards, i.e. winning. Being eliminated early on in tournaments repeatedly won't keep the sponsors with them.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  17. #4137
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    lets just agree to disagree then, for the sake of good manners

    there is no correlation between having A+ with english language and sucking at dota2.
    sorry, no, nada, none

    No, let's not agree to disagree. You can say "my experience is different" or "I think you are lying", but you can't say "no I'm sorry I don't agree with what you have seen or heard we are gonna have to agree to disagree".

    I have nothing to disagree with you about. I am stating my experience. Stop trying to change it from that or undermine it. It is what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

  18. #4138
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    The thing is, usually when games become a job, the players are also bound to get demoted/fired if they don't meet up to standards, i.e. winning. Being eliminated early on in tournaments repeatedly won't keep the sponsors with them.
    hence my remark about auto-loss

    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    No, let's not agree to disagree. You can say "my experience is different" or "I think you are lying", but you can't say "no I'm sorry I don't agree with what you have seen or heard we are gonna have to agree to disagree".

    I have nothing to disagree with you about. I am stating my experience. Stop trying to change it from that or undermine it. It is what it is.
    oh well ,lets not
    My experience is indeed diffrent(while I somewhat agree with you about infamous russian arrogance), yet I claim there are literally times and times more faggots who are -gasp!- not russians(and I base it off my personal experience since I am playing with all the kinds of english-speakers for a focking long time).
    Your experience is just different(or perhaps point of view) since you are playing mainly with english-speakers.
    Last edited by Storm the Sorrow; 2012-12-10 at 07:30 PM.
    Sure as sure

  19. #4139
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    And who the fuck are you to tell me what I enjoy or not?

    If I enjoy playing competitively, striving to do my best, then who are you to tell me I don't?
    I don't believe I was offered actual proof that N'avi are enjoying their competitive play, only the word of a fan.

    Speaking of playing for fun, my friends, just the other day, did a 5 man bottom lane first blood and push lane. Got two towers down in two minutes and went mid for two more towers - all 5 of them bought necronomicon and ended up winning with pure pushing force - and they had fun in the process. See, it's not that hard if people just put the tryhard hat away for a while.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  20. #4140
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I don't believe I was offered actual proof that N'avi are enjoying their competitive play, only the word of a fan.

    Speaking of playing for fun, my friends, just the other day, did a 5 man bottom lane first blood and push lane. Got two towers down in two minutes and went mid for two more towers - all 5 of them bought necronomicon and ended up winning with pure pushing force - and they had fun in the process. See, it's not that hard if people just put the tryhard hat away for a while.
    <3 <3 <3 <3 my type of Dota

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •