Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    @Manni
    It probably is. I'm still not sure where you're getting the idea that I'm the only person who acts like my opinions are fact - I'm pretty sure virtually every human being does this on a daily basis. No one prefaces everything they say with "just wanted to let you know I might be COMPLETELY WRONG about this but I believe it anyway, you can feel free to trust me or not it's just an opinion after all."

Most of the problem with the last few things I said is quite simple:
    It follows logically that if you only realize how much fun you're not having when you realize it, you will spend your entire life thinking you're having fun. And if you never realize it, you will have had a "fun filled" life. Whether you actually had any fun or not doesn't matter, because you believe you did. Therefore, I am completely correct and cannot be proven wrong, because if you think you are an exception to the rule, chances are you just haven't realized you're not yet. And maybe you never will. You can feel free to come up with similar logical formulas to ensure you are factually correct all the time, I won't get mad like everyone else.
    I'm not sure where you'd get the idea I've an idea that you're the only person acting in the manner you described - I feel like I've called out plenty of people, but maybe I should work harder. I do admit I only do it when it's something I'd very much like to dispute, or too glaring, or a repeat on the same subject. Take your pick.

I'm going to risk sounding a bit condescending myself and say I'm a bit disappointing you effectively dragged the discussion to a point where I'm supposed answer to something along the lines of "you only think I'm wrong because you're yet to realize I'm right." I can't really think anything good that would come out of discussing or speculating whether or not the reason for my continued enjoyment of video games is that I'm still plugged into the Matrix.

I was being honest though, I do hope you could enjoy - or think that you enjoy - the game as much as I do, or that you'd find something more fulfilling to do. But looking at the way these discussions keep going I don't think I can help with that.

(I had a longer and probably better response but suddenly electricity died. I wonder if they put the people in charge of Finnish railroads in charge of the power grid too. Snow can be such a difficult and unpredictable thing.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    the reason for my continued enjoyment of video games is that I'm still plugged into the Matrix.
    Maybe! And I've decided to screw around more in DotA because the biggest problem I have is that if you're being serious it isn't fun regardless of the result. If you win it was either too annoying of a game or their team was horrible or did 5 randoms and got all carries. If you lose it was either too annoying of a game or your team was horrible and did 5 randoms and got all carries. Very few serious public games actually end up fair and interesting. The games I played against Merlini were fun, except that I lost three times in a row with my team being up two lanes of rax simply because they had one more carry than us and the game took too long. The last one was especially fun since they had void/tide/magnus for three of the dumbest AoE ults in the game combined, not to mention 100% cleave bfury void. Though we probably could've won that game if our supports stopped eating the chronosphere and could force staff us out of it. But again, that's the problem isn't it.

I'll just do 5 man push lineups and carry omniknights and whatever else sounds fun for the day, winning and losing isn't very important to me anymore. I'm sure I'll still have to deal with a lot of angry pubs, probably moreso if I'm screwing around.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    sven is such a broken carry good god
    He can deal lots of damage during his stun. With a proper stun so he can cleave the whole team he can be devastating, but thats about all he brings to the table. I cant see why this is considered broken? Spread out so he cant stun and cleave, disable, kite and once his bkb/ulti is off he is food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    I really don't get why people think Sven is broken, Magnus is at least 15 times stronqer.
    Magnus doesn't have a "click, click, collect gold" AOE stun.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Magnus doesn't have a "click, click, collect gold" AOE stun.
    http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Magnus#Reverse_Polarity

10+ Year Old Account
    Long cooldown!
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    Long cooldown!
    Doesn't matter if the cooldown is long when the enemy team is guaranteed to be dead for the next 40+ seconds and you get rax/Rosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    but thats about all he brings to the table.
    warcry
    10char

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    I do not queue alone ever. The last time I played a game with less than two friends with me was in October. I've played solo suicide lane for my team whenever we've scrimmed and played amateur tournaments (we recently went 13-2 in StarLadder S04 if that means anything to you). After eight hundred something public matches (and 250-300 lobby games), the heroes I'm uncomfortable with are the ones not typically picked in your average -cm game. I'm talking about probably half of the hero pool. I just find randoming as soon as I load in the easiest way to play new heroes, I'd probably never manually pick heroes I'm uncomfortable with.
    If you're trying to learn random is doing it wrong. Random provides extra gold, thereby providing you an advantage immediately.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 01:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    sven is such a broken carry good god
    He isn't as broken as drow. Fortunately she's not in cm mode atm
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter if the cooldown is long when the enemy team is guaranteed to be dead for the next 40+ seconds and you get rax/Rosh.
    So Magnus is picked primarily for the ulti? I thought it was because Shockwave is a ton of AOE damage on basically no cooldown for free.

Deleted
    So Magnus is picked primarily for the ulti? I thought it was because Shockwave is a ton of AOE damage on basically no cooldown for free.
    It's a Black Hole that doesn't require you to channel it.

He is definitely picked for his ulti, alongside that he is an amazing support carry, not only does he deal a great amount of damage himself but he can buff your hard carry with a tonne of damage and cleave too.
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a Black Hole that doesn't require you to channel it.
    Yeah but like BH it's balanced by the fact he doesn't have any inherent way of rapidly closing into range!

Oh, wait.

Yeah but like BH it's balanced by the fact he doesn't have any inherent way of rapidly closing into range!

Oh, wait.
    He get's blink dagger anyway, his charge can be stopped and avoided pretty easily, blink is instantaneous and most use the charge as an escape or chase/stun (blink in front of them and charge them back or if taking damage charge to them etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    He can deal lots of damage during his stun. With a proper stun so he can cleave the whole team he can be devastating, but thats about all he brings to the table. I cant see why this is considered broken? Spread out so he cant stun and cleave, disable, kite and once his bkb/ulti is off he is food.
    Except for the fact that he has +16 armor from warcry and only needs daedalus to one shot your entire team in the right situation
    Oh and he can hit a support and crit the carry thats standing 10 feet away from him for over a 1000 damage even if that carry has 30 armor and a butterfly
    and he also has a 300 damage aoe nuke during early game. And he can farm without buying battlefury because he has a better cleave for free
    Faceless void counters him though
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Faceless Void counters everything, chronosphere is quite impossible to stop without the help of friends.

who said its easy to play Storm Spirit should be hanged while being quartered and drowned at the same time :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    who said its easy to play Storm Spirit should be hanged while being quartered and drowned at the same time :<
    Do you think you're about to die? Ult away and dodge all projectiles and attacks lol.
    Do you think you're not about to die? Cast spells.

I don't get why it shouldn't be.

Of course I have bad games very occasionally. Pretty sure I got sent solo long lane as Jugg a few days ago.
    I really don't have bad games and I don't make mistakes.
    It's not fun to win like that either, which is why my complain is with the matchmaking system's inability to create even games. Maybe it's not possible to make even games, since "everyone has bad games," but I still have faith. I don't have bad games, really, I just don't. Even when I random Necrolyte, end up not repicking, and go 0-6 in the first ten minutes I will still end up one of the stronger members of my team by the end of the game. And I'm not arrogant enough to think I'm the only person in the world like this, so I have to ask the matchmaking system, where the hell are the other 9 people like me to give me a fun game?
    sorry come again?

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    sorry come again?
    she's a girl, dont be logical on her