1. #4821
    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    I'd say the decline of SC2 in popularity is simply because of the difficulty and the focus on the 1v1 format combined
    with no real rewards for playing ladder.

    It's extremely high effort + low to no rewards.

    If they would want to make the game more popular they would need cosmetic unlockables and stuff. I personally don't
    care about that kind of stuff but there is no real point in laddering SC2 than getting better at the game.

    In terms of balance, I think SC2 has done an amazing job.
    Dont you unlock decals and portraits and that kind of stuff? Its not very enticing, but I doubt I would play ladder even if I could unlock unit skins or w/e
    Ladder is just not a very interesting concept for many players. 90% of players in BW played custom maps. Same as in WC3. Just ask anyone on the internet what they remember about WC3. Most players will cite custom maps or the campaign.


    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    And about Drow. Shes a great pub stompper. Just get fast Helm of dominator + treads, mind control an alpha wolf, use it to
    stack ancients while you farm a lane [or jungle if the lane is too dangerous] and it's super easy 500 GPM very early
    on in the game.

    I wouldn't mind seeing the ulti get changed completely. The earlier %chance to instantly kill creeps was super lame in Dota 1
    but I dislike passive stat bonuses even more. I don't really see her as OP hero as it's pretty easy to shup her down with agressive
    warding / ganking, but changing her ulti and / or the aura to some defensiveISH active skill would make her more interesting hero
    and would greatly reduce her effectiveness in lower level play.

    Right know shes just very powerful and very easy to play at lower level.
    Well you cant really shut her down. She only need levels to carry, really. She hits like a hard carry without any items because 80 agility for free+ some of that agiliy as an aura. Its just that she has no escape and is very squishy so you just blink on top of her and murder her.
    Oh and if you want to build a team around aura whoring get Doom with Vlads, eat a wolf + Drow who dominates a Centaur
    Its hilarious when every ranged hero has like double damage from all the auras
    Last edited by Enkidulgaa; 2013-01-03 at 06:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

  2. #4822
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post

    Match ID? Without seeing the game I can only say one thing: they probably didnt have anyone that could just blink on top of Drow and murder her in 2 seconds, because thats the standard way of dealing with her. TA, SB and Cent are all good at that, just off the top of my head.
    She is probably the best hard carry to play in Pubs because those game are usually over at the 20 minute mark, before real hard carries even take off. She just needs levels to carry and can even gank with frost arrows.
    91579291
    Man I was so shit in that game to can't lie. I had slark and I swapped for drow and I forgot to buy items at the start. Still can't believe we came out of that game.


    I don't see dota having the same problem YET. That's why I do think they need to keep in mind that all levels of players play this game. If drow is raping face in pub games but under represented in league play then maybe she does need to be looked at. Honestly she just has to much range. It's okay for her to have silence and slow but 625 range as well... like if they come for her she lothars out and then sits back and kills fools in like two hits. She needs to trade something for having all that dmg slow and silence.

    That's another thing. They kept drows ulti from dota 1, flat agility buff and in fact they made it better beacuse it used to just be agi and not the double the effect (which is huge for farming btw). Okay but they got rid of centaurs flat str buff? I like centaurs new ult but man I miss that flat str bonus.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-01-03 at 07:02 AM.

  3. #4823
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post


    I don't see dota having the same problem YET. That's why I do think they need to keep in mind that all levels of players play this game. If drow is raping face in pub games but under represented in league play then maybe she does need to be looked at. Honestly she just has to much range. It's okay for her to have silence and slow but 625 range as well... like if they come for her she lothars out and then sits back and kills fools in like two hits. She needs to trade something for having all that dmg slow and silence.

    That's another thing. They kept drows ulti from dota 1, flat agility buff and in fact they made it better beacuse it used to just be agi and not the double the effect (which is huge for farming btw). Okay but they got rid of centaurs flat str buff? I like centaurs new ult but man I miss that flat str bonus.
    The tradeoff is, she explodes if a decent chaser looks at her funny. She's down for the count, crushed, bamboozled if more than one hero tries to gank her. If someone actually buys dust (Not the most common thing in pub games, but it does happen) she has no escape tools, and really just gets to die if a gank is attempted.

    Of course, if the Drow's team is watching her, they can keep her relatively safe, but she's stomping pub games, meaning her team may not be doing that.

  4. #4824
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    The tradeoff is, she explodes if a decent chaser looks at her funny. She's down for the count, crushed, bamboozled if more than one hero tries to gank her. If someone actually buys dust (Not the most common thing in pub games, but it does happen) she has no escape tools, and really just gets to die if a gank is attempted.

    Of course, if the Drow's team is watching her, they can keep her relatively safe, but she's stomping pub games, meaning her team may not be doing that.
    I've always wondered about buying a blink dagger or even fucking force staff on a hero like Drow or Sniper (squishy, ranged, no escape mechanism.) I mean, I guess it sounds silly, but they're reliably mobility/escape tools. I doubt any item would help much if you've got a night stalker diving you at night, though. I guess if that happens you just bend over and grab your ankles and hope for a quick respawn.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    MMOC IRC!

  5. #4825
    Force staff costs too much, carry heroes can't waste that kind of time.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  6. #4826
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    The tradeoff is, she explodes if a decent chaser looks at her funny. She's down for the count, crushed, bamboozled if more than one hero tries to gank her. If someone actually buys dust (Not the most common thing in pub games, but it does happen) she has no escape tools, and really just gets to die if a gank is attempted.

    Of course, if the Drow's team is watching her, they can keep her relatively safe, but she's stomping pub games, meaning her team may not be doing that.

    That's why you build her lothars. It's a pub game and people don't ward so she ends up having the total package. If shes fast enough shell lothars out and then be ready to get back in the fight when it's a better opportunity. Hell if shes fast enough she catches the gank before it happens with a silence and runs away. By no means is she invulenarble but for pub games and lower level of play shes is just a tad bit to strong.

  7. #4827
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Force staff costs too much, carry heroes can't waste that kind of time.
    Leoric?

    ? ? ?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    MMOC IRC!

  8. #4828
    I've just considered trying dota 2, have about 7 invites. But after I started the downloading the client I took a gander at the steam forums and....wow, I honestly don't know...is the thing with Russians on EU west -really- that bad? Does everyone try to drag every topic into a hateful/irrelevant discussion? Do the game mods manage the game as well as the forum? (Sticky says NO KEY TRADING/SELLING. 7/10 topics are about keys.)

    Looks like a good game but that forum is giving me a really bad impression. I hope it's just steam being steam.

  9. #4829
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    I've just considered trying dota 2, have about 7 invites. But after I started the downloading the client I took a gander at the steam forums and....wow, I honestly don't know...is the thing with Russians on EU west -really- that bad? Does everyone try to drag every topic into a hateful/irrelevant discussion? Do the game mods manage the game as well as the forum? (Sticky says NO KEY TRADING/SELLING. 7/10 topics are about keys.)

    Looks like a good game but that forum is giving me a really bad impression. I hope it's just steam being steam.
    Russians making you lose the game aren't a lot more common than any other factor that can make you lose the game. It tends to get better when your MMR goes up.

  10. #4830
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    I've just considered trying dota 2, have about 7 invites. But after I started the downloading the client I took a gander at the steam forums and....wow, I honestly don't know...is the thing with Russians on EU west -really- that bad? Does everyone try to drag every topic into a hateful/irrelevant discussion? Do the game mods manage the game as well as the forum? (Sticky says NO KEY TRADING/SELLING. 7/10 topics are about keys.)

    Looks like a good game but that forum is giving me a really bad impression. I hope it's just steam being steam.
    When russians flame you you either wont understand them or its incredible adorable ("stupid dog i fuk yor moter cyka")
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

  11. #4831
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    When russians flame you you either wont understand them or its incredible adorable ("stupid dog i fuk yor moter cyka")
    chuckled irl, it is adorable indeed
    Sure as sure

  12. #4832
    Something that's been bugging me for awhile now. Their whole player pool punishment system. On principal it's a good idea but I think it needs some refinement. Last night me and a buddy stomped this other team hard. When we got out of the game we found out that we had been reported for leaving or bad behavior I guess. We didn't leave and we didn't say anything to them. The thing is I'm not exactly sure what we did. I'd like to see if their was a system that would tell you what it is you did, some kind of feedback. We didn't do anything though, like I don't get it.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-01-03 at 03:17 PM.

  13. #4833
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Russians making you lose the game aren't a lot more common than any other factor that can make you lose the game. It tends to get better when your MMR goes up.
    I'd just say it's like having bad teammates with zero chance of trying to get them to work with you - if they're bad, you're fucked. If they're good, hopefully they understand pings and have game sense enough to know what they need to do in a given situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    When russians flame you you either wont understand them or its incredible adorable ("stupid dog i fuk yor moter cyka")
    Nothing is funnier than watching a Brazilian or Russian (we get mostly Brazilians or other South Americans here in the US, Russians are only occasional) flip his shit and start screaming insults at the team in broken English. They can turn what would be an otherwise frustrating loss into some kind of perverse entertainment as they become increasingly creative in their attempts to communicate how rustled their jimmies are with a limited vocabulary.

    I can only guess it'd be the same way if some American was typing in broken Cyrillic to Russians over how pissed he is.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 09:53 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Something that's been bugging me for awhile now. Their whole player pool punishment system. On principal it's a good idea but I think it needs some refinement. Last night me and a buddy stomped this other team hard. When we got out of the game we found out that we had been reported for leaving or bad behavior I guess. We didn't leave and we didn't say anything to them. The thing is I'm not exactly sure what we did. I'd like to see if their was a system that would tell you what it is you did, some kind of feedback. We didn't do anything though, like I don't get it.
    Maybe it's just evidence that my MMR is shit, but low priority doesn't feel like a major punishment. Queues are longer and you're more likely to have someone bail out in the first ten minutes due to any reason imaginable, but some of the funniest people I've ever played with I met in LP.

    I mean, when someone is in a game calling everyone raging niggerfaggots and spouting all kinds of stupid, childish racist bullshit and we report him and get notification that someone we reported was dealt with... I'd really prefer something more stringent than "you bad little child you, here's a week of 'punishment'!"
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    MMOC IRC!

  14. #4834
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Something that's been bugging me for awhile now. Their whole player pool punishment system. On principal it's a good idea but I think it needs some refinement. Last night me and a buddy stomped this other team hard. When we got out of the game we found out that we had been reported for leaving or bad behavior I guess. We didn't leave and we didn't say anything to them. The thing is I'm not exactly sure what we did. I'd like to see if their was a system that would tell you what it is you did, some kind of feedback. We didn't do anything though, like I don't get it.
    report system does not work that fast
    you have been punished for something else in the past

    or it was a bug

  15. #4835
    geh... hatin' on Russia and its people in this game is nothing short of hilarious.
    Just had this game where void blamed his teammates for being "two russian cunts who fed all game" despite himself doing nothing , and when I pointed that I'm russian too , he goes on to tell that Russia is not a part of Europe, that literally the whole world hates us, how we die due to poor medicine and constant abuse from our goverment, how we suffocate under steel reign of falce democracy, how we eat shit in our country and so forth and so on.
    isnt it adorable?
    Last edited by Storm the Sorrow; 2013-01-03 at 05:48 PM.
    Sure as sure

  16. #4836
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    320
    Do not discuss SC2 + Casual in the same sentence. Sc2 is extremely fun to watch and play or a semi-high level. It's NOT meant for Casuals.

    Dota 2 wasn't ever made with casuals in mind (sure there will be a tutorial in the release, but there are guides to both dota and sc2 on google).

    Dota 2 and Sc2 will NEVER turn into the League of Legends "Casualness". The declining in SKILLFULL games is simply due to the generation of kids who are lazy and want everything while doing as little as possible. That's league of legends in a nutshell.

  17. #4837
    You say that as if being casual was somehow bad.

    Regular Dota

    Ranked Only
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRu0xts_rpI

  18. #4838
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    report system does not work that fast
    you have been punished for something else in the past

    or it was a bug
    It wasn't just me though. It was 3 of us. That's why I wish they would at least give you some more information on why you were banned. Something other than hey you left or you were a douche.

  19. #4839
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Leoric?

    ? ? ?
    Typically bought when you have some other carry on the team, if solo carrying armlet>core.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  20. #4840
    you cant ball out of control without rapier+refresher

    Regular Dota

    Ranked Only
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRu0xts_rpI

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •