1. #4841
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    you cant ball out of control without rapier+refresher
    >ASK YOURSELF THIS FIRST:
    AM I PLAYING LEORIC?

    YES: GET AN ARMLET
    NO: GET AN ARMLET

    >IS MY TEAM ALL MELEE BECAUSE COLLECTIVELY WE HAVE A LEARNING DISABILITY? GET A VLAD'S

    love this guide ;d

  2. #4842
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    You say that as if being casual was somehow bad.
    It is bad yes.

    The more players turning to play League of legends, making them more and more casual by the day. Which means games that actually takes skill and is harder, wont get much attention.

    So LoL is ruining E-sports.
    Last edited by verba; 2013-01-03 at 07:11 PM.

  3. #4843
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    14,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Typically bought when you have some other carry on the team, if solo carrying armlet>core.
    I was under the impression you bought it because he's so easy to kite, and the mana gives him more wiggle room.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

  4. #4844
    Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post
    It is bad yes.
    Please elaborate!

  5. #4845
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Please elaborate!
    The more players turning to play League of legends, making them more and more casual by the day. Which means games that actually takes skill and is harder, wont get much attention.

    So LoL is ruining E-sports.

  6. #4846
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I was under the impression you bought it because he's so easy to kite, and the mana gives him more wiggle room.
    Soul ring and mana is almost never a problem for a lot less gold. He can be easy to kite but he has a stun with a 7 second cooldown that also slows. Force is over 2k, too much of an investment, you're choosing between that and armlet. If you're support carrying you get force so that you can initiate with HFB.

  7. #4847
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    14,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Soul ring and mana is almost never a problem for a lot less gold. He can be easy to kite but he has a stun with a 7 second cooldown that also slows. Force is over 2k, too much of an investment, you're choosing between that and armlet. If you're support carrying you get force so that you can initiate with HFB.
    Why not just get both? Armlet's good no matter when you buy it, right?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

  8. #4848
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Why not just get both? Armlet's good no matter when you buy it, right?
    45 minutes force staff armlet Leoric will be pretty nonfactor. Unless, of course, he's the second carry, in which case he will be fine.

  9. #4849
    what do you say about a qop who solos mid, bottles every rune, but doesn't gank top or bot AT ALL and ends the game with 2 assists..... bad bad bad..

  10. #4850
    Moderator Kerdoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Troxhammar, Sweden
    Posts
    9,173
    Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post
    The more players turning to play League of legends, making them more and more casual by the day. Which means games that actually takes skill and is harder, wont get much attention.

    So LoL is ruining E-sports.
    Btw. comparing games is not recomended, It will only turn into a ragefest where the LoL fans and Dota fans will yell obscene stuff at eachother.

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    what do you say about a qop who solos mid, bottles every rune, but doesn't gank top or bot AT ALL and ends the game with 2 assists..... bad bad bad..
    I would say that someone needs to learn some teamplay
    Last edited by Kerdoz; 2013-01-03 at 10:16 PM.

  11. #4851
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Btw. comparing games is not recomended, It will only turn into a ragefest where the LoL fans and Dota fans will yell obscene stuff at eachother.



    I would say that someone needs to learn some teamplay
    I'm not comparing anything. I'm just stating that league of legends is ruining E-Sports

  12. #4852
    Moderator Kerdoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Troxhammar, Sweden
    Posts
    9,173
    Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post
    I'm not comparing anything. I'm just stating that league of legends is ruining E-Sports
    But why in gods name are you doing it in a Dota 2 thread then?

    Here you have a whole section for LoL

  13. #4853
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    14,250
    Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post
    The more players turning to play League of legends, making them more and more casual by the day. Which means games that actually takes skill and is harder, wont get much attention.

    So LoL is ruining E-sports.
    I don't really see how. I'm reminded of when I played WoW and so many players kept whining about "casuals" and "bads." And then you'd raid with them or arena with them and turns out they're pretty shit themselves...

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 06:51 AM ----------

    Thought of something just now, want to see what you guys think.

    Someone was saying TA was OP, and I was telling him he was full of shit. It occurred to me that in all of the games I've seen where TA starts a rapetrain that never stops rolling, she was able to do it because the other team had naked supports at like 20 minutes, and did not drill her in lane. So it seems like you have two choices to keep TA under control if the enemy team picks her:

    - Pick heroes that will dick her in lane.

    - Let your supports get some farm so she can't walk around two-shotting them.

    She cuts right through supports with boots, wand, and wards at 20 minutes, but I don't think I've ever seen her instagib supports that have items at that time - hell, maybe even just a bracer or two would be enough stats to survive the initial salvo and fight back or escape, and I'm sure something like force staff or ghost scepter would shut her down completely as far as feeding on supports goes.

    Does that sound accurate?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

  14. #4854
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Someone was saying TA was OP, and I was telling him he was full of shit.
    It was you who thought TA was OP as ten-thousand fucks. If you are talking about a competitive game(CM mode) you can always ban her if enemy team is utilizing her very effectively.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2013-01-04 at 01:20 PM.

  15. #4855
    PizzaSHARK went on a fanatical crusade about how broken and op TA was both before and after she got fixed in Dota 2. Great example to use

  16. #4856
    Mechagnome sinilaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    529
    got 7 steam invites if anyone still isn't in.

  17. #4857
    Just TA? We used to have at least one post a week about (questionably) OP heroes, in his defense, his fights with Hermanni keep this thread alive^^

  18. #4858
    I've been getting tired of reading "pro games are boring because its the same 20 heroes in every game" or something similar too often to my liking. So I did a quick approximation on the amount of heroes that have been relevant in the past ~2 months because why not.

    -Heroes currently in Dota 2 and CM: 90. Total number of heroes is 95, but 5 aren't in CM.

    -Common picks and bans: 34. Used criteria was that heroes are picked or banned in notable fraction of games (over ~20%.) Games generally have 5-8 heroes from this pool. Examples: Wisp, Lone Druid, Nyx Assassin, Enigma.

    -Regular but not common picks and bans: 24. Criteria being heroes that regularly make appearance but are more situational and somewhat less often seen than some other heroes in similar roles. Examples: Chaos Knight, Tinker, Nature's Prophet, Venomancer.

    -Uncommon picks and bans: 14. Criteria being heroes that get picked or banned every now and then, but only about 5-10% of games and possibly only by certain teams. Examples: Weaver, Ancient Apparition, Kunkka, Omniknight.

    -Rarely or almost never picked: 18. This group does include a number of heroes that have been picked from time to time (e.g. Pudge, Axe) or even very recently (e.g. Doombringer, Spectre) or have been popular in the past but not in the last few months (e.g. Riki, Morphling.) Overall it seems to me that there are less than 10 heroes in the current pool that are yet to make any impact in the competitive scene.


    Worth noting is that these are only estimates and only reflect my potentially limited memory and experience. I did not include heroes that I've only seen picked in games with tier 2 teams, but I did more or less mash the eastern and western scenes together because they constantly mirror each other anyway. I admit that I may have overestimated a bit, but to me it still seems very apparent that a good majority of the hero pool is relevant in competitive games - which is a bit more than 20.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-01-04 at 02:30 PM.



    Manni | paragon.fi | Lysah reigns supreme!

  19. #4859

  20. #4860
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    14,250
    Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    PizzaSHARK went on a fanatical crusade about how broken and op TA was both before and after she got fixed in Dota 2. Great example to use
    Actually that was before the Meld bug was fixed, when she actually WAS overpowered due to Meld doing considerably more damage than intended.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 09:12 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Worth noting is that these are only estimates and only reflect my potentially limited memory and experience. I did not include heroes that I've only seen picked in games with tier 2 teams, but I did more or less mash the eastern and western scenes together because they constantly mirror each other anyway. I admit that I may have overestimated a bit, but to me it still seems very apparent that a good majority of the hero pool is relevant in competitive games - which is a bit more than 20.
    Yeah, but you really do only see a certain group of heroes consistently used, according to the current meta. Over a year, most heroes DO get used, but from month to month it seems like it's only a handful.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •