1. #5121
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What, like two autoclicks and the Manta illusions die?
    nope.
    stone gaze @ rape yo face!
    that how it went!
    Sure as sure

  2. #5122
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    =p
    Unfortunately, Medusa represents exactly the play style I don't like. I hate going mid, I hate farming forever, I hate winning not because I'm good, but because I have 3x the gold of anyone else.
    But can't you say being able to farm safely and effectively requires the same level of skill as other roles in an equivalent setting? I know it's easy for me to go "oh burning's terrible, he plays nothing but carries and right-clicks!" and then you play Anti-Mage and don't get half of Burning's farm even with a free-farm lane in a pub

    Well, not that I've ever actually said anything like that, but I'm sure some people have.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  3. #5123
    How safely you can farm is largely up to the ability of your teammates to control the map. You still have to be good at last hitting, but I consider last hitting bottom level play. The skill in being a carry generally comes from knowing when to engage a fight and from where, as well as being able to read the movement of the enemy team to take advantage of every opportunity you can to farm. Medusa kind of ignores all of that.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  4. #5124
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,339
    That just seems to be ranged carries in general since you can't really kite them like you can melee carries (well, some melee carries.)
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  5. #5125
    A hero like Drow caught out of position is dead. A hero like Medusa caught out of position was just baiting you.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  6. #5126
    Brewmaster juzalol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,281
    Just had the best comeback of my Dota 2 life.

    26 minutes the enemy team had:
    - 36 kills to our 9 [and they had bounty for track gold]
    - 21k Gold lead
    - 26k Experience lead

    Was playing magnus and timings lined up perfectly, just as their bone bought Divine Rapier
    I got my blink up and got 4 player RP. Got the Divine Rapier to our team, while later it gets
    to our Medusa and we win.

    It's amazing how you can throw such a game by simply investing in Divine Rapier and then
    walking your whole team to RP.

  7. #5127
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    How safely you can farm is largely up to the ability of your teammates to control the map.
    that is why Im almost solid on Duzzie's itembuild going Basilius(Aquila)->Linken->Phaseboots->Butterfly->Crits, with that, you constantly improve on your ability to survive, outlast, stay and farm.

    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post


    Was playing magnus and timings lined up perfectly, just as their bone bought Divine Rapier
    I got my blink up and got 4 player RP. Got the Divine Rapier to our team, while later it gets
    to our Medusa and we win.
    RP and Skewer must be nurfed.
    hard.
    Pizza-style rant ensues >.>
    Last edited by Storm the Sorrow; 2013-01-11 at 11:31 AM.
    Sure as sure

  8. #5128
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    RP and Skewer must be nurfed.
    hard.
    Pizza-style rant ensues >.>
    Honestly you aren't saying anything people don't already know. Magnus is still silly, and Rapier's always been like playing Russian Roulette mixed with hot potato.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  9. #5129
    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    Just had the best comeback of my Dota 2 life.

    26 minutes the enemy team had:
    - 36 kills to our 9 [and they had bounty for track gold]
    - 21k Gold lead
    - 26k Experience lead

    Was playing magnus and timings lined up perfectly, just as their bone bought Divine Rapier
    I got my blink up and got 4 player RP. Got the Divine Rapier to our team, while later it gets
    to our Medusa and we win.

    It's amazing how you can throw such a game by simply investing in Divine Rapier and then
    walking your whole team to RP.
    I had a similar game yesterday.

    Enemy team leads 35-4, we're getting outlvled horribly, every lane pushed. After 40 mins our Magina goes "I'm finished farming" and proceeds to lay waste + gets top lane when they are busy trying to push our bot (we were Radiant). After few minutes, we're pushing top while Magina gets Rapier. magnataur jumps in and catches 4 heroes with ult. Magina follows and cleaves them down...

    until Invoker (aka the only one whom Magnataur didn't catch) casts Cold Snap one hit short of 4 kills for Magina and during this 0.5s Lion manages to Hex, followed by Mek from WR and they get Rapier.

    Funny thing is, if he went BKB instead of HoT, we'd win. Still, I had some laughs at this game.

    credits: Supernerd

  10. #5130
    Brewmaster juzalol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,281
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Honestly you aren't saying anything people don't already know. Magnus is still silly, and Rapier's always been like playing Russian Roulette mixed with hot potato.
    Yeah, I don't think Divine Rapier is ever a good buy. Pretty sure they thought they had the game in the bad already, which was
    what I thought too.

    And about RP, I'm still waiting to see the cooldown going up to 160 on all ranks from the current 120, 110, 100.

  11. #5131
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Honestly you aren't saying anything people don't already know. Magnus is still silly, and Rapier's always been like playing Russian Roulette mixed with hot potato.
    if you can every now and then go on a rampage ranting how said hero/ability/item/jungle creep is OP, why cant I let go off some steam in dis thread?) huh? huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    Yeah, I don't think Divine Rapier is ever a good buy. Pretty sure they thought they had the game in the bad already, which was
    what I thought too.

    And about RP, I'm still waiting to see the cooldown going up to 160 on all ranks from the current 120, 110, 100.
    not sure if it will help.
    problem with RP is not its relatively medium cd, but its ludicriously large aoe+stun length factor not to mention skewer which allows you to setup some nasty tricks like perfect Black Hole or perfect Requiem of Souls etc etc.
    Last edited by Storm the Sorrow; 2013-01-11 at 11:49 AM.
    Sure as sure

  12. #5132
    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    Yeah, I don't think Divine Rapier is ever a good buy. Pretty sure they thought they had the game in the bad already, which was
    what I thought too.

    And about RP, I'm still waiting to see the cooldown going up to 160 on all ranks from the current 120, 110, 100.

    They don't need to change RP, they need to change empower.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  13. #5133
    Brewmaster juzalol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    They don't need to change RP, they need to change empower.
    Well, I wouldn't mind getting rid of the cleave component of the Empower completely or make it a passive applying
    to Magnus only. [the bonus damage would still be castable to other heros]

    I still think RP cd is too low considering how powerful the spell is. I would appreciate that if Magnus throws a bad ulti
    there would be a longer time frame to make something happen. The 100 seconds go so fast that even if Magnus throws
    a sub-par ulti there isn't much time to push the issue.

  14. #5134
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    They don't need to change RP, they need to change empower.
    RP is Black Hole on steroids at level 16. Why's Empower the issue? 50% cleave is too much?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  15. #5135
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    RP is Black Hole on steroids at level 16. Why's Empower the issue? 50% cleave is too much?
    Being able to give it to other melee carry heroes is too much. Magnus should be a carry, not a mega support.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  16. #5136
    Steam Guard and trading dota 2 items is fucking gay. Honestly it's terrible. I bought a couple items for a friends bday coming up. Nothing to big. A couple of keys and the yak mount. Apparently I can't "gift" them like you could keys, you have to trade them. Even that I can't do though because I had steam guard disabled and now I have to wait 15 days at which point his bday will be long over. I like valve and all but they really need to add an in game gifting system.

  17. #5137

  18. #5138
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Being able to give it to other melee carry heroes is too much. Magnus should be a carry, not a mega support.
    But Ogre gives everyone a hyperstone and phase boots, Sven gives everyone platemail and phase boots, Omni gives someone BKB, etc. What makes these really good buffs okay, but Magnus' really good buff not okay?

    What if it was 50% damage and 35% cleave, almost literally a Battle Fury?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  19. #5139
    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    Yeah, I don't think Divine Rapier is ever a good buy.
    Considering it's very efficient in cost to damage and takes only one item slot, Rapier can be a very good buy when you're losing and your team gets a small chance at a comeback. If you're already winning it's just an additional way to throw a game if you're underestimating your enemy.



    Manni | paragon.fi | Dota 2 forum | The golden rule: Listen to Lysah.

  20. #5140
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    But Ogre gives everyone a hyperstone and phase boots, Sven gives everyone platemail and phase boots, Omni gives someone BKB, etc. What makes these really good buffs okay, but Magnus' really good buff not okay?

    What if it was 50% damage and 35% cleave, almost literally a Battle Fury?
    sven - warcry is too good
    omni - one bkb on one person at the time
    ogre - rest of the hero sucks ;s ? (and he wont get exp to lvl up all spells)

    RP is fine but overall maguns was over buffed
    1200range charge on lvl 1 ? (already nerfed ofc)
    more cleave and dmg for 3 targets
    spammable aoe nuke
    he need some more tweaking
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-01-11 at 02:00 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •