Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    But Ogre gives everyone a hyperstone and phase boots, Sven gives everyone platemail and phase boots, Omni gives someone BKB, etc. What makes these really good buffs okay, but Magnus' really good buff not okay?

What if it was 50% damage and 35% cleave, almost literally a Battle Fury?
    sven - warcry is too good
    omni - one bkb on one person at the time
    ogre - rest of the hero sucks ;s ? (and he wont get exp to lvl up all spells)

RP is fine but overall maguns was over buffed
    1200range charge on lvl 1 ? (already nerfed ofc)
    more cleave and dmg for 3 targets
    spammable aoe nuke
    he need some more tweaking
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-01-11 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Considering it's very efficient in cost to damage and takes only one item slot, Rapier can be a very good buy when you're losing and your team gets a small chance at a comeback. If you're already winning it's just an additional way to throw a game if you're underestimating your enemy.
    It's fun to watch someone like SingSing throw caution to the wind and get a Rapier, though. Win or lose you're guaranteed to have an entertaining game.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

But Ogre gives everyone a hyperstone and phase boots, Sven gives everyone platemail and phase boots, Omni gives someone BKB, etc. What makes these really good buffs okay, but Magnus' really good buff not okay?

What if it was 50% damage and 35% cleave, almost literally a Battle Fury?
    It would still be unfair. Repel doesn't allow a melee carry who got stomped in his lane to go free farm jungle at anti-fun speed. Bloodlust doesn't allow a melee carry to clear 8 stacks of ancients in 20 seconds.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now

It's fun to watch someone like SingSing throw caution to the wind and get a Rapier, though. Win or lose you're guaranteed to have an entertaining game.
    A friend who was watching his stream told me Sing reported me, can never forgive. Rapier is also a good way to motivate your friends to stop messing around and just get a Roshan and push when you're getting bored.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-01-11 at 02:18 PM.
    Manni of Paragon. Moderator of Dota 2 subforum - The golden rule: Listen to Lysah. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    It would still be unfair. Repel doesn't allow a melee carry who got stomped in his lane to go free farm jungle at anti-fun speed. Bloodlust doesn't allow a melee carry to clear 8 stacks of ancients in 20 seconds.
    Bloodlust lets Tiny ignore his ulti's downside, Repel lets Enigma skip the BKB, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    A friend who was watching his stream told me Sing reported me, can never forgive. Rapier is also a good way to motivate your friends to stop messing around and just get a Roshan and push when you're getting bored.
    I'm not much of a fanboy of him, but he is one of the few pro players I can think of who fairly regularly does crazy and/or silly shit. After G-League, I'm probably gonna pay a lot closer attention to Chinese teams. Their timing and teamwork is amazing.
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

Bloodlust lets Tiny ignore his ulti's downside, Repel lets Enigma skip the BKB, etc etc.
    Apples and oranges.
    Random casual stuff now

You can pick Enigma + Omni and can Ulti without BKB.
    Or you can pick Magnus and ulti without BKB.

Oh well...

The problem with Magnus is not any specific ability, its how all of his abilities work together
    Good STR means you never need anything other than mana boots+blink+refresher
    He's a good sololaner due to low CD low mana cost 300 damage nuke
    He turns every hero into a good farmer with Empower and of course RP is an instant Blackhole
    You cant compare any single ability of his to another support and then say "Look! It's balanced"
    If you ever get caught by RP he doesnt even need that much backup to murder you all. RP+Shockwave+a few attacks with Empower is already like 1000 damage. His team only need to clean up. A Blackhole without good follow up does basically nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

You can't forget that, like Chrono, BH keeps stunning for the duration. If RP misses AM, he can immediately blink in and kill you. If he tries to blink in to save his team from Enigma he merely eats the BH as well.
    Random casual stuff now

Turning Empower into cleave only for Magnus would be enough, cleave was his passive before skewer was introduced, free battlefuries for everyone is a bit too much in lategame

I'm not much of a fanboy of him, but he is one of the few pro players I can think of who fairly regularly does crazy and/or silly shit. After G-League, I'm probably gonna pay a lot closer attention to Chinese teams. Their timing and teamwork is amazing.
    I've been in a game with him plenty of times and between that and his stream (though I don't often watch player streams) I don't think I've ever seen him play in what most players would call a conventional way. His joking manner and personality is part of why he is so popular, though his antics do get a bit old at times.

I think RP is alright, it never felt like too much in the past either, though it would still be great if the stun was 2/2.5/3 or something. Skewer/Empower are what make him great.
    Manni of Paragon. Moderator of Dota 2 subforum - The golden rule: Listen to Lysah. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    You can't forget that, like Chrono, BH keeps stunning for the duration. If RP misses AM, he can immediately blink in and kill you. If he tries to blink in to save his team from Enigma he merely eats the BH as well.
    Couldn't he interrupt the Black Hole with Mana void tho...?

I get your point, but it's not the most amazing example.

Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    Turning Empower into cleave only for Magnus would be enough, cleave was his passive before skewer was introduced, free battlefuries for everyone is a bit too much in lategame
    I agree. Empower self buff only, maybe let him give damage to others but he should be the carry.
    Random casual stuff now

I always played magnus as tank/support. Guess I was doing it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I always played magnus as tank/support. Guess I was doing it wrong?
    Usually see pros build him as early support into a kind of semi-carry/pusher towards later game. Refresher is very common, it seems.
    MMOC IRC!

Usually see pros build him as early support into a kind of semi-carry/pusher towards later game. Refresher is very common, it seems.
    Yea that's what I usually build him. Actually sometimes to be cute I make him sheep as well.

Just had some possibly autistic Aussie screaming at me because I told him Viper isn't a carry :-/
    MMOC IRC!

Had a person whose English was so broken I couldn't make out what he was trying to say, so I asked him to clarify and he started screaming at me in some romance language.

Oh well...

My life is now complete.

Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    My life is now complete.
    why this cap is not in store ;c ?

Just had some possibly autistic Aussie screaming at me because I told him Viper isn't a carry :-/
    People usually aren't too pleased if you suggest to them they can't play unless you're subtle about it. This would be especially true if you utter nonsense.

He probably wasn't autistic though, I don't get the point of spewing insults to people where they aren't going to see them. Or just spewing insults in general.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-01-11 at 05:18 PM.