Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    With all the beta keys going out I wonder why they don't just make it open? I remember my friend getting a beta key 3 weeks before me or something and we weren't aware of people having all these keys so I had to wait untill he got 5, 3 weeks after. That kinda sucked balls when we found out there were so many keys lying around..
    To artifically limit the key supply so they can prepare infrastructure. Unlike WC3, you need a server to play DotA2. Plus if the key is relatively hard to get, you got to respect your account more, then the low/high priority queue punishment can be somewhat useful..

There is more keys than players atm...

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    then the low/high priority queue punishment can be somewhat useful..
    Nope! That one's already out the window.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Nope! That one's already out the window.
    Yeah, it's not really a punishment. It's a little inconvenient, and the likelihood of having douchebags or russians for teammates is higher, but otherwise it's still being allowed to play.

I'd actually think twice about bailing out of a shitty game if it was risking an actual ban. At the very least the Low Priority system needs to be based on completed games and not time. Oh, LP for a day? No problem, I'll kill my few hours of free time playing one of many other games and by time I get home from work tomorrow, no more LP!

Hardly a punishment.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

I dont understand why is a punishment at all, doesn't it only give you a bit longer queue times? That isn't really what I'd call a punishment.

Also what are you views on Magnus? Had a few games against him long time ago and I was like dude that guy is sick, I forgot about him untill today where my team got owned by him. Like really owned. 14-1 something after 20 minuts. I think he is more a bullshit hero than Drow. Drow is sick but you can take her down on the fuck are you suppose to take Magnus down? He charges in, stuns you(Teammates starts to AoE you down) bomb dead.
    Last edited by Rivenda; 2013-01-15 at 04:54 PM.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Some part of Magnus needs to be nerfed in my opinion. Nerf his laning, nerf his Skewer>RP combo or nerf his Empower. At least one of these areas need to be looked at.

With all the beta keys going out I wonder why they don't just make it open?
    I think you're underestimating how many potential players there are in China. See how the invites are not eligible to gift to people in China?

As for low priority queue, it is not as much a punishment for people who get there as it is a reward for people who behave. Weed out the bad people by pairing them with each other. Valve wants you to play the game as much as possible, banning people does not make a whole lot of sense.

Regular Dota

Ranked Only
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    people who smoke weed past primary school dont deserve jobs. weed is for little kids. you should stop smoking it and move on to real people things

Bloodsail Admiral KunkkaTheAdmiral's Avatar
    While the punishment is not that harsh, it sucks playing with friends who got punished and you have to endure long waiting times, no points, nor items.

But of course, why should Valve ban people if they want them to play the game. : /
    "Why do we fight? To protect home and family, to preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind the true question is, what is worth fighting for?"

I dont understand why is a punishment at all, doesn't it only give you a bit longer queue times? That isn't really what I'd call a punishment.
    Longer queue times with people who generally have earned their place in LP by being shitbags, but when you're in the low/average MMR bracket, it's not too much difference from regular games. It might be a punishment for high MMR people but I doubt they'd be in LP to begin with.

Also what are you views on Magnus? Had a few games against him long time ago and I was like dude that guy is sick, I forgot about him untill today where my team got owned by him. Like really owned. 14-1 something after 20 minuts. I think he is more a bullshit hero than Drow. Drow is sick but you can take her down on the fuck are you suppose to take Magnus down? He charges in, stuns you(Teammates starts to AoE you down) bomb dead.
    Shockwave should probably cost more mana. It's ridiculously mana-efficient, 90 mana for a stronger, slower Dragon Slave.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

No items is enough of a punishment. What's the point of playing games if there's no pretty hats to be had?

Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.

TO be honest I think the punishment is a bit to much. I recognize players leaving really ruins things but every game ive had has been fucking 50 minutes or more and sometimes you'll be playing and real life demands will call you away for longer than 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    TO be honest I think the punishment is a bit to much. I recognize players leaving really ruins things but every game is fucking 50 minutes and sometimes you'll be playing and real life demands will call you away for longer than 5 minutes.
    thats why one abandoned game once in a while wont put you in low prio

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    It's not just the abandoned game though. The assholes on the other team will report you and then punishment. I've been banned for leaving a single game before. Although without any transparency it's hard to tell. Hell I've been banned even without leaving a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    But... I've only got two abandons ever in Dota2, both accidental due to interwebz crashing.
    Yet I ended up in low prior once

Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.

#1 counter to Magnus:

First ban phase.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 10:15 AM ----------

Also, the low prio system for abandons likely works off of TDA rules for DotA1. In short, you are allowed to drop 1% of your games. Which means if you have 600 games played you can get 6 abandons but the 7th will send you to low prio. If you only have 100 games expect your second DC to send you. I have 8 abandons, I think, and have never seen low priority.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-01-15 at 06:16 PM.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now

Got send to the low prio today after my team called GG and alt tabbed in the base. I did click my char around a few times to avoid getting the auto afk but it did still happen... :/
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Got send to the low prio today after my team called GG and alt tabbed in the base. I did click my char around a few times to avoid getting the auto afk but it did still happen... :/
    You get marked as afk when you dont get any experience for 5 minutes I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Bloodsail Admiral KunkkaTheAdmiral's Avatar
    I got 12 Abandons, 4 times I ended up in low prio, stupid GPU overheat

But anyways, even that lets your team down and they can't check if you left on purpose or not.

sigh, why does unusual courier like that derpy ? The animations are horrible D:
    "Why do we fight? To protect home and family, to preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind the true question is, what is worth fighting for?"

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    You get marked as afk when you dont get any experience for 5 minutes I believe.
    Correct. I had a friend who stacked camps for the first ten minutes without getting any experience at all. He did get an abandon, even though our woods was flooded with neutral creeps.

Regular Dota

Ranked Only
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    people who smoke weed past primary school dont deserve jobs. weed is for little kids. you should stop smoking it and move on to real people things

How the hell did I not lose...
    Most of the game was 3 v me :s