Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Bad arguments(ironic to hear from you). Weak plays doesn't make a build or hero easy to play. The problem is playing exort build(be it exort/quas or exort/wex) is playing its full potential. Almost all exort spells involve some sort of skillshot which increases the skillcap compared to other spells. If you can't hit 2, 3 or more targets with defiling blast + chaos meteor, well... congratz you just wasted two incredible spells for 1 target. Again, people can get kills with this combo but weak plays doesn't make this build easer. If you let invoker right click you with alacrity, you are doing something wrong.
    I wasn't making an argument just giving the opinion of myself and the people I've played with. I have no idea what this gibberish about "weak plays" is, all I can say is that in my opinion there's little skill involved in Eul-comboing someone to death if compared to normal Invoker builds. I've only played it once or twice and it got really boring really fast. And rushing Eul's in normal Quas/Exort seems a bit weird, because you would normally skill 4Q4E and not have enough points in Exort to deal enough damage early on with the combo.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 09:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I am actually new to this type of game and just recently got the invite today for DoTA 2, I been watching loads of videos and been watching live footage of people play but I am so nervous to want to play just as I am with all online competitive games.

This nervousness exists mainly because like all online competitive games, I suck lol, (never fared with in Wc3 or Sc2/3 multi-player either) and second is I am afraid because of my complete suckage I am going to get alot of abuse from my team. I hear alot of bad stuff from the communities of these type of games that they can be pretty nasty and harsh, while I admire criticism as long as its constructive I don't think I want to handle childish name calling and abuse just because I am new and cant do something they obviously know so much more about.

Any tips before going into to cope with these problems will be much appreciated, Until then I will continue to learn by watching the live plays as well as videos on youtube.
    These videos were in reddit a few days ago, they might be helpful: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...bx5uKjF8SheYnP

If people give you hard time, just open the scoreboard in-game from top left of your screen and click the mute button on offending players, it also ignores them in chat and keeps them ignored if you'll ever end up with them again. Don't hesitate to use it and remember, because you will be pretty low on the matchmaking ratings the people who get angry at other people for doing mistakes are often players who have played maybe hundreds of games and are still matched with beginners. Don't think they're any better than you, they're just people who never learned to do anything except blame other people.

Also, when you're picking a hero there's options to filter heroes by their roles or beginner-friendliness. And ignore Kuntantee, he is never helpful.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-01-20 at 09:20 PM.
    Manni of Paragon. Moderator of Dota 2 subforum - The golden rule: Listen to Lysah. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I wasn't making an argument just giving the opinion of myself and the people I've played with. I have no idea what this gibberish about "weak plays" is, all I can say is that in my opinion there's little skill involved in Eul-comboing someone to death if compared to normal Invoker builds. I've only played it once or twice and it got really boring really fast. And rushing Eul's in normal Quas/Exort seems a bit weird, because you would normally skill 4Q4E and not have enough points in Exort to deal enough damage early on with the combo.
    The gibberish that you didn't understand is the real potential of exort builds is not using two pre-invoked spells or right clicking with alacrity and killing people around as you think that's why it's easy. But if you can't hit 3 players with your blast + meteor, just don't use it(which is hard). So just because you can push D and B and kill some people, that doesn't mean wex/exort invoker is ultra easy.Also, I don't build eul's scepter %99 of time where did you get that?

ps: big play - weak play is a garena synonym of playing good or bad.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2013-01-20 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    The gibberish that you didn't understand is the real potential of exort builds is not using two pre-invoked spells or right clicking with alacrity and killing people around as you think that's why it's easy. But if you can't hit 3 players with your blast + meteor, just don't use it(which is hard). So just because you can push D and B and kill some people, that doesn't mean wex/exort invoker is ultra easy.Also, I don't build eul's scepter %99 of time where did you get that?

ps: big play - weak play is a garena synonym of playing good or bad.
    Pretty sure it was just gibberish because half of what you write doesn't make any sense whatsoever even I'm actually pretty good at understanding things. You said Eul's comboing was one of the hardest things, I said it was one of the easiest along with every other build that involves maxing out Exort before 4Q.

In b4 completely incoherent not mad at all reply from you.
    Manni of Paragon. Moderator of Dota 2 subforum - The golden rule: Listen to Lysah. Seriously.

So I finally decided to begin playing DOTA 2, anyone know some decent noob-friendly guides?

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    So I finally decided to begin playing DOTA 2, anyone know some decent noob-friendly guides?
    play with friends and dont pick carries

http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck

Take a look at Dotacinema.com

They have alot of good guides on both roles, heroes and such

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Pretty sure it was just gibberish because half of what you write doesn't make any sense whatsoever even I'm actually pretty good at understanding things. You said Eul's comboing was one of the hardest things, I said it was one of the easiest along with every other build that involves maxing out Exort before 4Q.

In b4 completely incoherent not mad at all reply from you.
    Every discussion you are in ends with your "this makes no sense", "you have no idea bla bla", "weak arguments" type of posts. I will just drop the discussion.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2013-01-21 at 08:44 AM.

Anyone else find that the main menu slowly overloads your gpu with the more games you play? I start at 30% load and it goes up like 15% per game to where i am at 90% load just in the main menu and its laggy as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Anyone else find that the main menu slowly overloads your gpu with the more games you play? I start at 30% load and it goes up like 15% per game to where i am at 90% load just in the main menu and its laggy as hell.
    I can't remember which processor was overloading in my computer but I had that problem. I couldn't play much in last two months so I am not sure if that problem still persists(it seems it does) but there is some sort of problem on menu.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2013-01-21 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's because of the way the game loads things. As you enter a game, it loads most of the vitals but doesn't load the heroes until after they're picked and the game starts. It then keeps everything it's loaded in memory, increasing the load the more heroes get picked as you play.

(This is all based on casual observation and may be completely false)

Brewmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's because of the way the game loads things. As you enter a game, it loads most of the vitals but doesn't load the heroes until after they're picked and the game starts. It then keeps everything it's loaded in memory, increasing the load the more heroes get picked as you play.

Nah, it doesnt work like this unless Valve sucks at coding which I dont think they do. All the memory heroes allocate are freed when you leave a game. Or atleast it should. You are however most likely correct that heroes arent loaded before they are picked tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post

He's talking about processor overload, not RAM. I think there is some sort of busy-waiting in the menu.

how do you guys build Alchemist?
    Im almost positive that IAS build is the way to go, yet still wouldnt mind a couple suggestions
    Last edited by Storm the Sorrow; 2013-01-21 at 01:09 PM.
    Sure as sure

Branches, regen and soul ring recipe/stout/quelling depending on lane I'm up against.

By now, pretty much anything depending on the situation. Alchemist can do a lot of things. Radiance rush, Shadow Blade ganking, Vanguard if you can stall until damage items and feel like you need it.
    If you're just going full-on damage, Mjollnir, AC, Basher, BKB, etc works.

and howbout Hand of Midas?
    yay, or nay?
    Sure as sure

If you can get it early enough that your midgame power is not impaired, Midas is worth it on literally every hero.
    It all depends on your timing.

uh-huh...
    thanks for feedback, will think about it

I just imagined something like Soul Ring ->(boots) Midas -> Maelstrom-> Mjolnir->AC-> dunno what
    Sure as sure

Honestly if I did go Midas on Alch, I'd do it before either Soul Ring or Boots as by the time he gets those items he can already easily farm the jungle for free Greed gold and he may as well spend his advantage ganking...but maybe that's just the way I prefer to play. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    how do you guys build Alchemist?
    Im almost positive that IAS build is the way to go, yet still wouldnt mind a couple suggestions
    IAS build with a basher is terrifying. You can get to start permastunning people at like 25 minutes or something.

Why is PL's agility gain so high? 4.2 seems pretty damned excessive.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!