1. #5381
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    You know those game where the enemy just farm you in base because they are feeded to much and the score board says 40-11? And then they just wait for us to spawn in the base and kill you over and over and creeps have to finnish the game? I'm glad those idiots arent sitting next to me and I dont have a gun... It is pissing me off and everyone else when you drag the game out, should be a way to stop that it's so fucking lame. Report for game abuse or something.
    Solution: sell everything you got and buy blink dagger, jump in jungle wait for the end. Or you could just not bother and die in base.

  2. #5382
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Why is PL's agility gain so high? 4.2 seems pretty damned excessive.
    No attack modifiers, actually one of the weaker hypers in my opinion. His only real strength is getting an army of clones that is impossible to kill, but that takes him a very long time. Even when he has diffusal/manta/heart he can't run in by himself and kill 4 people like a Void or AM or Medusa could, he's still just a pusher. The high agility gain gives him some sort of damage (agility being one of the only way to increase illusion damage, too) compared to other carries and also gives him some power in lane. Other heroes have better escapes and defense mechanisms, so it seems fair to give PL faster armor/damage gain early on. He usually only gets to CS by lance spamming his enemy away in the first place.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  3. #5383
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    No attack modifiers, actually one of the weaker hypers in my opinion. His only real strength is getting an army of clones that is impossible to kill, but that takes him a very long time. Even when he has diffusal/manta/heart he can't run in by himself and kill 4 people like a Void or AM or Medusa could, he's still just a pusher. The high agility gain gives him some sort of damage (agility being one of the only way to increase illusion damage, too) compared to other carries and also gives him some power in lane. Other heroes have better escapes and defense mechanisms, so it seems fair to give PL faster armor/damage gain early on. He usually only gets to CS by lance spamming his enemy away in the first place.
    This pretty much covers it. Upping his agility reduced PL's item dependency to deal damage, allowing you to build for health (or just non-agility items) freely without worrying about your illusions hitting for nothing when it matters.



    Manni | paragon.fi | Dota 2 forum | The golden rule: Listen to Lysah.

  4. #5384
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Who knows? Sometimes it really does seem like heroes start being used and stopped being used completely independent of existing data, but just based on whim. He seems to do fine every time I've seen him used, though obviously I haven't seen every game.



    But wait. Didn't his assigned playstyle used to be arcane boots and blink dagger and run around instagibbing supports and some carries in the midgame with toss combos and scepter was considered optional rather than required?

    Again, when you buy scepter, his entire gameplay style changes. He goes from a ganker/roamer (which I don't think I've even seen pros use him as anytime recently, they just start building as a carry right from the start) to a walking siege engine that can conceivably one-shot or two-shot entire teams like a Kunkka or Sven.

    I'll admit Night Stalker's scepter upgrade is also a dramatic boost, but it doesn't really change his role... just makes him better at it. By time you're building scepter on him, you've already transitioned from a roamer/ganker into some sort of weird utility-carry (what's the preferred term? semi-carry?) in most cases, and giving him a scepter and a gem just kind of enhances what you're already doing - scouting around for your team with your crazy move speed and high inherent durability. It doesn't suddenly turn you into someone that eats towers or can actually fill in the hard carry role.

    Again, why does Tiny's scepter need to do so much for him? Or, why can't everyone's scepter make similarly sweeping changes for them, opening up completely different playstyles and tactics for them?
    Why do you always ask or say such stupid things.

    It's because it's how the game is. It's how Icefrog and whomever he talks to wants it to be. It's not overpowered, it's part of the game, and most people enjoy that diversity.

    You want a game full of 100 hero's who get the exact same upgrades from items? Homogeneity is bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

  5. #5385
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    Homogeneity is bad
    Works for LoL.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  6. #5386
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Works for LoL.
    I dont know what you consider "working". It works because LoL is a very casual game that gets played mostly by teenagers who dont know better or adults that play maybe 2 games per week
    I played the game multiple hours per day for 1 year before it became boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

  7. #5387
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    I dont know what you consider "working". It works because LoL is a very casual game that gets played mostly by teenagers who dont know better or adults that play maybe 2 games per week
    I played the game multiple hours per day for 1 year before it became boring.
    I don't wana bash, so don't take it the wrong way... but... it took you a year? I was done after about 45 days (say 5 hours a day, 8 on weekends), and I still feel that even that was to long to play... I had such high hopes for HoN though... sham it didn't do as well as hopped.

  8. #5388
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    I never understood why HoN didn't take off. I enjoyed it more than League almost as much as Dota. Theirs heros in HoN I really hope they bring over to Dota.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  9. #5389
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    I never understood why HoN didn't take off. I enjoyed it more than League almost as much as Dota. Theirs heros in HoN I really hope they bring over to Dota.
    Because S2 completely failed with their business model and marketing and gradually started disregarding things like game balance and stability in order to milk more money with their new heroes and increasingly obnoxious skins. And their staff members were infamous for acting like idiots in public games and banning people for no reason.



    Manni | paragon.fi | Dota 2 forum | The golden rule: Listen to Lysah.

  10. #5390
    Charging money for DotA when DotA, itself, is free was never going to work.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  11. #5391
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Because S2 completely failed with their business model and marketing and gradually started disregarding things like game balance and stability in order to milk more money with their new heroes and increasingly obnoxious skins. And their staff members were infamous for acting like idiots in public games and banning people for no reason.
    This. I played HoN back during beta and after launch for like 2 months. They kept adding like a new designed hero every week and some were just plain overpowered, untested, etc. On the forums and in-game, S2 employees had terrible manners and banned people for very minor offenses.
    And, as Lysah said, they tried to compete with a game people were already playing and had bought(WC3) and HoN wasn't much better. DotA already had a community, and HoN's community and infrastructure was crappy.

  12. #5392
    Moderator Kerdoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,573
    When you play against a pudge mid with mirana and does not specc leap untill level 7. How the heck are you thinking? I had the easiest time ever with pudge that game

  13. #5393
    Pandaren Monk Kayhos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Murica.
    Posts
    1,892
    I am in love with playing Broodmother, his ability to control an entire lane with exceptional harass and burst damage with his ultimate is extremely fun. Also using his Spin Web ability to de-forest just in case ganks come about makes her all the more playable and don't forget her ability with a fully upgraded Spawn Spiderlings to create an entire army. If done efficiently and with enough spiderlings you can surround your enemy with your dozens of spiders so they cannot move, pop your ultimate and you're on a joyride or you could use those spiders with decent micro to jungle for you.

    So much fun @_@.
    Last edited by Kayhos; 2013-01-22 at 02:34 AM.
    Click the little dwarf to go to my armory. :3


  14. #5394
    I love spiderlings, especially when playing alchemist.

  15. #5395
    So, how is the Sniper? Balanced or overpowered?

  16. #5396
    You've got 800 health 22 minutes in, if any of them even considered buying dust, your streak would have ended.

  17. #5397
    Epic! Xothic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    QLD, Australia
    Posts
    1,502
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    So, how is the Sniper? Balanced or overpowered?
    Only as overpowered as Drow ranger is underpowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

  18. #5398
    Sniper isn't bad, with items he is one of the worst carry heroes to deal with because the absolutely massive attack range of take aim allows him to attack from completely outside a team fight and the ministuns from headshot can actually lock down a hero completely, much like a ranged and target focused battery assault. I've stood toe to toe with Lycan late game and won because he just had a hard time attacking through headshots.

    Unfortunately for him, he is one of the easiest to gank, even easier than Drow, and his damage does not scale like hers does, so he has a very hard time farming. People are just about forced to go mid him, utilizing take aim to farm the river from tower range, however, high picks like NS completely counter Sniper in this regard.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  19. #5399
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    This. I played HoN back during beta and after launch for like 2 months. They kept adding like a new designed hero every week and some were just plain overpowered, untested, etc. On the forums and in-game, S2 employees had terrible manners and banned people for very minor offenses.
    And, as Lysah said, they tried to compete with a game people were already playing and had bought(WC3) and HoN wasn't much better. DotA already had a community, and HoN's community and infrastructure was crappy.
    Despite all of this i still find myslef playing and enjoying HoN the most. You just can't beat that fluidity. Everything just flows there.

  20. #5400
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    Why do you always ask or say such stupid things.

    It's because it's how the game is. It's how Icefrog and whomever he talks to wants it to be. It's not overpowered, it's part of the game, and most people enjoy that diversity.

    You want a game full of 100 hero's who get the exact same upgrades from items? Homogeneity is bad
    Why ain't you raging about Lion and Lina, who basically have the same ultimate?

    Some homogeneity is required if you want a game to be balanced because there has to be a baseline that everything operates around. Tiny's scepter upgrade is currently WAY above what others get from their scepters, so it needs to be cut down to size, or others need to be brought up to its level. Tiny's scepter essentially acts as an upgrade to his ultimate like other skills, but it also essentially gives him a free Battle Fury on top of it. Tiny's ultimate gives him huge attack damage and bonus damage to Toss; why does his scepter upgrade give him cleave in addition to bonus damage (this time vs buildings) and bonus Toss damage?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •