1. #5521
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Dotabuff says I'm in the 88th percentile.
    By this logic, the people I'm matched with are also around the 88th percentile.
    This makes me sad for the state of the world.
    https://dotabuff.com/players/93874877

    99% brewski get on my level

    I'm actually surprised at how low I am. 2300 is a joke when there are people who never solo queue at all and are at 2600. Proof that this rating is just as abusable as DotA1 public league MMR, that is, stack friends so you don't lose games and inflate your virtual penis.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-01-25 at 06:17 PM.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  2. #5522
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    SC2 ladder was so dumb. Terran basically autowins games by 1-T-A with MMM blobs until around Platinum, at which point they slam into a brick wall of Colossi and Infestors that people suddenly realize they can make.
    Any strategy can win you games in lower leagues as long as you do it right. I stalled for Carriers and Mothership nearly every game.

    That said, every league besides M and GM are around 20% of active players. If I made it into Diamond that puts me at 80% and I was shit. The average was just way shiter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    https://dotabuff.com/players/93874877

    99% brewski get on my level

    I'm actually surprised at how low I am. 2300 is a joke when there are people who never solo queue at all and are at 2600.
    I'd get on your level but I don't have the time or energy.

  3. #5523
    Oh, you can't see other people's ratings, huh? I just noticed I was logged in when I checked mine.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  4. #5524
    i thought i would be more like 1550 or 1600 but i was also surprised to find out how many people suck ass

    (96th percentile)

    Regular Dota

    Ranked Only
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRu0xts_rpI

  5. #5525
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Oh, you can't see other people's ratings, huh? I just noticed I was logged in when I checked mine.
    You can if you pay them 6 bucks a month.

    Or maybe you can't, I can't see anything about it on their page anymore.

  6. #5526
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    You can if you pay them 6 bucks a month.

    Or maybe you can't, I can't see anything about it on their page anymore.
    yea they redacted that one after people started to flame them for their business model on elobuff

    Regular Dota

    Ranked Only
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRu0xts_rpI

  7. #5527
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,678
    I haven't played enough games for a rating.
    Get on my level.

  8. #5528
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Don't you know what last hitting is?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Have you not played most of the heroes at least once?
    No.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Don't you know how most of the spells in the game work?
    About half.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Don't you know how items work?
    Not most of 'em.





    And apparently I be 52% percentile.
    Last edited by Everything Nice; 2013-01-25 at 07:03 PM.


    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.



  9. #5529
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    And apparently I be 52% percentile.
    We had a big discussion about what the average player in DotA looked like.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  10. #5530
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    SC2 ladder was so dumb. Terran basically autowins games by 1-T-A with MMM blobs until around Platinum, at which point they slam into a brick wall of Colossi and Infestors that people suddenly realize they can make.
    You can win with any strategy. I was winning with pure zerglings in Master league against terrans and zergs. People losing in lower bracketse just don't know that superior macro wins games.
    Last edited by Ariadne; 2013-01-25 at 07:20 PM.

  11. #5531
    Macro definitely wins games. I pride myself on one of the most advanced strategical minds in the video game world, but I'm stuck around master level because my macro is garbage. Though I haven't played in a long time, I'm probably even lower now. One reason I never liked SC2, a video game you have to actually practice to remain good at.

    Same applies to DotA. I can try to teach people game knowledge forever, but it will only get you so far. I can tell Hanna that one thing that will help her more than anything is just getting faster at moving her hands and her mind.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  12. #5532
    No need to be modest, someone might yet think you're no good at all.



    Manni | paragon.fi | Dota 2 forum | The golden rule: Listen to Lysah.

  13. #5533
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I pride myself on one of the most advanced strategical minds in the video game world
    Do you have anything to prove that claim?

  14. #5534
    Depends on what you consider good =p

    @Kuntantee
    No, get over it.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  15. #5535
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    @Kuntantee
    No, get over it.
    not fan of online diagnosis but I highly suggest a doctor for you. You seem to have some sort of personality disorder. Even NPO

  16. #5536
    Do we really have to turn DotA2 megathread into personal attacks thread? Your obsession with me is far more unhealthy than NPD would ever be. Please stop ruining this thread with off topic nonsense.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  17. #5537
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Same applies to DotA. I can try to teach people game knowledge forever, but it will only get you so far. I can tell Hanna that one thing that will help her more than anything is just getting faster at moving her hands and her mind.
    I be slow and scared.


    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.



  18. #5538
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I be slow and scared.
    Practice up! There are APM tutorials online you can look at =p
    Is blink one of the best early game items you can use on SF? Yes. Can 99% of the community effectively use it? Nope. It doesn't matter how good you are with Lina if it takes you two seconds to react to a situation; you're already dead at that point.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  19. #5539
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Your obsession with me is far more unhealthy than NPD would ever be
    This is not an obsession. I could lead you to definition of "personal attack" and "obsession" but I doubt you would read them.

  20. #5540
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    You can win with any strategy. I was winning with pure zerglings in Master league against terrans and zergs. People losing in lower bracketse just don't know that superior macro wins games.
    Yeah. TL had a graph where they showed a hard, clear line between missed injects and lost games (or rather, fewer missed injects = higher winrate) for Zerg. I never saw graphs for MULEs or chrono boosts, but I know it'd be the same.

    Still, MMM is basically a first-order optimal strategy for half of the ladder leagues because people don't know what colossi/infestors/templar are or how to use them.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    MMOC IRC!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •