1. #5561
    Epic! Xothic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    QLD, Australia
    Posts
    1,509
    Managed to check my rating just before Dotabuff got shut down.

    22%, Silver. Hoooly shit, get lower then me and win a prize! To be fair, Dota2 was my first moba, and my W/L ratio was technically negative (~45 losses, 40 wins, 2 abandon), so I guess I can't really be surprised lol.
    Last edited by Xothic; 2013-01-26 at 02:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

  2. #5562
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Good to see dotabuff devs take it like men with the misleading title and an appeal to the community to spam valve and icefrog.
    I figured they were scum because they also make Elobuff which is even scummier than dotabuff
    Tharuler has been acting like the community owes him a whole lot for a while, I wouldn't be that surprised. Kinda sad to see them shut down the entire site though. While I disagree with ratings being public (I could see percentiles being shown ingame, but not number ratings - look how that works for HoN), it'd be nice to have some sort of indication of how well you're doing. I don't care about other peoples' ratings, and I don't play for either winrates or k/d-ratio. I play to get better at the game, and I realize I have a pretty long way to go still. It caught me by surprise that I was that high (yeah, I'd say 96th percentile is high (even though I would never refer to myself as a "good player")), but it was encouraging to see that I had been improving from how absolute trash I was a year ago.

    Regular Dota

    Ranked Only
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRu0xts_rpI

  3. #5563
    How's everyone liking AR so far? For me it's been great, unusual team comps on both sides making the game interesting. Plus it's always funny to get 'the feeling' thinking about what hero you get and then either getting disappointed or happy when you actually see the hero.

    About dotabuff, it was a great site, but seeing all the misleading titles about Valve shutting them down, if I'm not mistaken they can still collect all the data that was available before the update, just DBR not working. Now they got all sad and think that they're over Valve and will get valve to apologize them and revert everything back. That guy is an douche.

  4. #5564
    High Overlord Ragu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lone Oak, TX
    Posts
    155
    After playing about 80 games of dota 2, I realized that i'm bad at LoL AND dota 2! Tried to play a few games of LoL after playing dota 2 for awhile and I don't get much satisfaction in LoL anymore, guess DOTA 2 is more intense, and it feels way more gratifying when I win a game or get kills. I also hate stat scaling on abilities now lol, hate ratios on abilities! Also, thought I would hate Magnus, no way he's fun as hell. Derp post.

  5. #5565
    Quote Originally Posted by eemuman View Post
    How's everyone liking AR so far? For me it's been great, unusual team comps on both sides making the game interesting. Plus it's always funny to get 'the feeling' thinking about what hero you get and then either getting disappointed or happy when you actually see the hero.
    I won't queue AP any longer, that's for sure. I've played six games thus far, and they've all been more fun than my average AP game. Good stuff.

    Regular Dota

    Ranked Only
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRu0xts_rpI

  6. #5566
    Quote Originally Posted by eemuman View Post
    How's everyone liking AR so far? For me it's been great, unusual team comps on both sides making the game interesting. Plus it's always funny to get 'the feeling' thinking about what hero you get and then either getting disappointed or happy when you actually see the hero.
    .
    AR is kind of "default" mode for me, i started playing dota way back with dorm buddies, and we exclusively played AR mode. Probably made me more versatile player, although i still disdain hard carries. Even if it is unbalanced because of random comps, weirdness is refreshing from average ap game.

  7. #5567
    I am Murloc! Grading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Myouren Temple
    Posts
    5,355
    It's always Single Draft for me, would probably play Least Played or All Random if I played more. All Pick is just impossible to bother with right now.

  8. #5568
    I've yet to try AR, seems like a good way to get out of my rut of playing the same few heroes. I'm so used to waiting until our team's nearly full to pick, and surprise surprise, support nearly every game.

  9. #5569
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    938
    Rest in pieces, Dotabuff. I'm actually really hoping that Valve kills them off for good now.

  10. #5570
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    I won't queue AP any longer, that's for sure. I've played six games thus far, and they've all been more fun than my average AP game. Good stuff.
    AP was a trash mode in dota1, I've been waiting for it to die a horrible, painful death since I got into this beta some year ago. AR or RD are the only ways to play pubs.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  11. #5571
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Just do what we always do and blame the trees for not staying still. I still fuck up Clockwerk hooks pretty often because in HoN it was easymode and would pass through non-hero units and allies (and had a projectile faster than the speed of light with next to no cast animation.)
    Oddly enough I have trouble landing Clockwerk's hook because it's so fast. Pudge's hook is nice and slow so it's easy to lead targets with, but Clockwerk's is so fast that I can never seem to lead properly with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I think the real irony is that the strongest (or most common) argument for people who oppose Valve and previously opposed private ratings was pretty much "you don't want your stats shown because you're trash, just get good instead of crying", which perfectly exemplifies the kind of behavior public stats cause in other games and everyone wants to avoid.

    I rejoice at the tears of every wannabe-elitist pouring their rage into the internet right now.
    Yeah, I've already had people go "lol, less than 60% winrate stfu" when I try to explain to them that Vanguard is really bad on ranged heroes. Same shit that happened in SC2, though there it was "rofl not grandmaster stfu scrub."

    I dunno. I guess some people have personal lives that are so shit they have to do anything and everything they can to make themselves feel better online.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    MMOC IRC!

  12. #5572
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Oddly enough I have trouble landing Clockwerk's hook because it's so fast. Pudge's hook is nice and slow so it's easy to lead targets with, but Clockwerk's is so fast that I can never seem to lead properly with it.
    try clicking on heroes

    it works

    Regular Dota

    Ranked Only
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRu0xts_rpI

  13. #5573
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    I won't queue AP any longer, that's for sure. I've played six games thus far, and they've all been more fun than my average AP game. Good stuff.
    I only played one game and my teammates were all kind of dumb. Enemy team was even more dumb so we still won, but I saw a lot of Vanguards and Sange and Yashas on heroes they oughtn't be bought on.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    MMOC IRC!

  14. #5574
    I don't understand all hate for AP. I am not sure about how AR or SD works but if its just random means they are not balancing the number of support, carry generated somehow than it's as unbalanced as AP. Not to mention there will be tons of "leave"s in mid or low MMRs. Most importantly, some heroes are plain boring to play(imo) and I can't stand playing them. AP is still most interesting mode for me.

  15. #5575
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I don't understand all hate for AP. I am not sure about how AR or SD works but if its just random means they are not balancing the number of support, carry generated somehow than it's as unbalanced as AP. Not to mention there will be tons of "leave"s in mid or low MMRs. Most importantly, some heroes are plain boring to play(imo) and I can't stand playing them. AP is still most interesting mode for me.
    For me, it's two reasons:

    First, you see the same heroes every game. Magnus is in literally every AP game I've played since the pros started using him so much, and if he's just a little too strong in pros, he's completely gamebreaking in pubs. You also tend to see a lot of Drow and Viper, since they're so good in pubs. I've also noticed that 4/5 stacks seem to queue for AP so they can pick their perfect little Littlest Pro Team lineups, and that's pretty much un-fun to play against if you aren't a 4/5 stack yourself.

    Second, I encounter a lot more Russians, Brazilians/South Americans, and plain ignorant assholes in AP than in RD and SD combined.

    Both things mean I avoid that gamemode like the plague. Least Played is basically no different from AP at my level, so I don't touch that either. Jury's still out on AR; I love AR, but if I'm going to continually get idiots that don't know how the game works for teammates/opponents, I'll probably give it a pass, too.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    MMOC IRC!

  16. #5576
    Anyone knows if they ever plan on implementing deathmatch mode? man i used to play -ar dm almost exclusively in dota 1, all random is here, now for the other half!

  17. #5577
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    For me, it's two reasons:

    First, you see the same heroes every game. Magnus is in literally every AP game I've played since the pros started using him so much, and if he's just a little too strong in pros, he's completely gamebreaking in pubs. You also tend to see a lot of Drow and Viper, since they're so good in pubs. I've also noticed that 4/5 stacks seem to queue for AP so they can pick their perfect little Littlest Pro Team lineups, and that's pretty much un-fun to play against if you aren't a 4/5 stack yourself.

    Second, I encounter a lot more Russians, Brazilians/South Americans, and plain ignorant assholes in AP than in RD and SD combined.

    Both things mean I avoid that gamemode like the plague. Least Played is basically no different from AP at my level, so I don't touch that either. Jury's still out on AR; I love AR, but if I'm going to continually get idiots that don't know how the game works for teammates/opponents, I'll probably give it a pass, too.

    I think I've seen a Drow in pretty much every single game I've played


    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.



  18. #5578
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I think I've seen a Drow in pretty much every single game I've played
    She's always been popular I think, but she's even more popular because she's really strong right now, and very easy to play. Personally I think Viper's the most brainless hero in the game, but Drow isn't terribly far behind.

    I still see some AP games without her, but I can't remember seeing an AP game without Magnus in the past couple of weeks. He's just totally gamebreaking in pubs.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    MMOC IRC!

  19. #5579
    Bloodsail Admiral KunkkaTheAdmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Seventyseven sea's.
    Posts
    1,018
    Viper with scepter and early yasha is possibly the most hilarious thing to play, the cooldown reduction is pretty neat.

    Never played Drow though : /
    "Why do we fight? To protect home and family, to preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind the true question is, what is worth fighting for?"

  20. #5580
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,492
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    Viper with scepter and early yasha is possibly the most hilarious thing to play, the cooldown reduction is pretty neat.

    Never played Drow though : /
    Less broken early game, in exchange for insane farming ability and 1k crits at 30 minutes since pubs typically aren't going to gank you properly.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    MMOC IRC!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •