Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    Huh so basically no way of knowing where do you place in MMR. Quaint.
    If you really are steadily getting better, you should notice. Not necessarily game to game but in general.

@Grimsdott
    Also Valve's MMR equation is not ultimate definition of true skill so I wouldn't worry much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    @Grimsdott
    Also Valve's MMR equation is not ultimate definition of true skill so I wouldn't worry much.
    I know. Frankly I don't need a script to tell me whether I'm good or I suck cause those kind of things I tend to notice myself. I was merely curious what are the criteria for being considered good by the MMR system.

credits: Supernerd

Played three games and already loving it, even if I lost all of them . While I'm still getting my feet wet I've been playing Omniknight for the mean time.
    Got a couple questions though....

His ability that blocks magic, does that block magic auto attacks? Maybe it's because it wasn't magic but I swear I got killed by people using it when I had it up. It's probably because I'm new but I swear there were numerous occasions where attacks that I assumed were magical still damaged me.
    How do I beat Morphling? First time impressions can always be deceiving, but jesus christ he came across as OP he was 3 shotting me with his auto attacks, the guy ended the game at 40:0 which is a little silly.
    Is there any advice anybody can give about Omniknight? He seems a little squishy at times .
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-01-26 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    His ability that blocks magic, does that block magic auto attacks?
    Auto attacks are not magical.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    How do I beat Morphling? First time impressions can always be deceiving, but jesus christ he came across as OP he was 3 shotting me with his auto attacks, the guy ended the game at 40:0 which is a little silly.
    Morphling balances agility and strength, this guy probably went full agility. Get stuns, and surprise him.

Regular Dota

Ranked Only
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    people who smoke weed past primary school dont deserve jobs. weed is for little kids. you should stop smoking it and move on to real people things

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Auto attacks are not magical.

Morphling balances agility and strength, this guy probably went full agility. Get stuns, and surprise him.
    Ah thanks that clears everything up nicely.

What do you guys think of DotaBuff getting shut down? It actually made me kind of sad cause I just loved looking up the statistics but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolie View Post
    What do you guys think of DotaBuff getting shut down? It actually made me kind of sad cause I just loved looking up the statistics but oh well.
    It's back up. They shut it down themselves because they couldn't profit off scraping data they weren't supposed to be able to get in the first place. They blamed Valve for it and wrote an editorial or some shit, asking people to email Valve about changing their decision to "kill dotabuff".

In this day and age, I applaud Valve for not only offering their users privacy, but to make it default. That's not a very common sight.
    Last edited by Longview; 2013-01-27 at 12:49 AM.

Regular Dota

Ranked Only
    people who smoke weed past primary school dont deserve jobs. weed is for little kids. you should stop smoking it and move on to real people things

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    It's back up. They shut it down themselves because they couldn't profit off scraping data they weren't supposed to be able to get in the first place. They blamed Valve for it and wrote an editorial or some shit, asking people to email Valve about changing their decision to "kill dotabuff".

In this day and age, I applaud Valve for not only offering their users privacy, but to make it default. That's not a very common sight.
    Ya that's fair enough. the thing that bummed me was just the in ability to really get a technical breakdown of statistics.

But ya, it was cool that Valve did regulate that though.

Sheesh, I just had an intense game. Not sure if linking games like this is frowned upon but damn it.

Scorescreen

I was the Sven. It was one of those games where were getting rocked in the laning phase to the extreme and then I just told my team to go as a four and defend our t2's while I farmed for dear life. My cs could have been better, but it didn't start picking up until 20 minutes in where I could sustain myself in jungle and have decent clearing time.

Then came the fun times where I got an ultra kill by cleaving behind their main carry.

Ya that's fair enough. the thing that bummed me was just the in ability to really get a technical breakdown of statistics.

But ya, it was cool that Valve did regulate that though.
    If you can work an API, Valve has done nothing but improving their web one. You can get a whole lot of stats utilizing that.

Regular Dota

Ranked Only

They're being melodramatic. They shut it down because they couldn't turn it into a profitable venture, not because Valve stopped it.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

I've never used that website. Their shut down will not effect me but I can understand why people loved it. It was their mistake to announce rating. There is a reason why Valve hides MMR. Maybe it's not final version yet or maybe they won't reveal it at all. Either way, DB acted like they can parse whatever they want and manipulate those parses however they please. Their agitation for community to contact with Valve or IceFrog and spam their mails etc...Very low.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    They're being melodramatic. They shut it down because they couldn't turn it into a profitable venture, not because Valve stopped it.
    I thought they were going pretty well but once all profiles set to private by default that means samples parsed will be decreased dramatically. I really doubt most of casual players change their privacy setting to public. So it really means Valve shut them down.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2013-01-27 at 09:56 AM.

I love Drow, I play her almost every time I queue up with me team. She is nice because of the slow+buff+silence and evil damage. I almost never get nuked down asap in teamfights so I can just stand still and nuke the shit out of them and make our team win. I'm level 14 so that might be why. She is damn fun to play, I wish WR was better because she is pretty awesome aswell to play she just doesn't scale well enough.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

anyone need keys? just add me, have 11
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/raqi/

Bloodsail Admiral KunkkaTheAdmiral's Avatar
    WR is way to good for my liking.

Its one of the heroes that are the most continous used heroes in higher games and professional games, she was never bad if I think back... shackle shot on two was always 3.75 seconds if I remember correctly, Windwalk was strong too always.
    "Why do we fight? To protect home and family, to preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind the true question is, what is worth fighting for?"

Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    WR is way to good for my liking.

Its one of the heroes that are the most continous used heroes in higher games and professional games, she was never bad if I think back... shackle shot on two was always 3.75 seconds if I remember correctly, Windwalk was strong too always.
    Ironically I'd say WR is one of the better-balanced heroes. If she doesn't build as a carry, she has trouble staying relevant past like 30 minutes (or whenever Powershot stops being significant, whichever comes first), and even if she does, she doesn't scale well.

Windrun is easy to deal with; only lasts a couple of seconds and some attack modifiers like Bash will still land the hit if the coinflip works. Windrun also only works against physical, she's still plenty easy to blow up with spells.

She's a good all-around hero, but she suffers from not really excelling in any area. There are better stuns, better nukes, and better escape mechanisms.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

Bloodsail Admiral KunkkaTheAdmiral's Avatar
    But there is one thing she has, versatility, thats where she excells and why she is picked for 2 years continously in competetive play.
    "Why do we fight? To protect home and family, to preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind the true question is, what is worth fighting for?"

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    There are better stuns, better nukes, and better escape mechanisms.
    I dont know, 3.75 seconds stun on a 12 second cooldown is hard to beat. I dont view the requirement of it having to shackle to something behind it as a major downside- The only other stun thats on par with it is Stormbolt and ultimates imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I thought they were going pretty well but once all profiles set to private by default that means samples parsed will be decreased dramatically. I really doubt most of casual players change their privacy setting to public. So it really means Valve shut them down.
    The only thing that hidden profiles should affect is DBR considering you can get data in other ways.