1. #5801
    That CM set makes her look like some old aunt, doesn't fits her at all.

  2. #5802
    Quote Originally Posted by rol3x View Post
    I am pretty inept when it comes to anything creative :P if I only I could
    Maybe you should watch Anuxinamoon's stream all day every day and hope to pick up some of her skill.



    Manni | paragon.fi | Dota 2 forum | The golden rule: Listen to Lysah.

  3. #5803
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Maybe you should watch Anuxinamoon's stream all day every day and hope to pick up some of her skill.
    I'm pretty convinced some of us were just born to be gamers and not artists. Even I can't be good at everything.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  4. #5804
    Quote Originally Posted by rol3x View Post
    Thats nice but the lack of a pointy hat is unacceptable, at least dark seer has a cone head which is close
    I don't know, I think Dark Seer could be more cone-y. They should make a cosmetic head slot item to increase his coniness by at least like, 30-40%. I think that would really add to the gaming experience.


    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.



  5. #5805
    I hate this new hero performance thingy. What the fuck do I even need the comparison between my own heroes for? It doesn't take a genius to know what heroes do you play better with. With the old one, I could at least compare my performance to others somewhat.

    Stupid ass "update".

    credits: Supernerd

  6. #5806
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,311
    I don't even pay attention to that stuff.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  7. #5807
    Ya the new hero performance thing really threw me off. I really wish I had a way of sorting through them, maybe some more statistical information like (Average amount of GPM) I dunno

  8. #5808
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolie View Post
    Ya the new hero performance thing really threw me off. I really wish I had a way of sorting through them, maybe some more statistical information like (Average amount of GPM) I dunno
    You can always go to dotabuff for that information. Right now the performance bars seem to be mostly about win rate, and as redundant as having a graphic for that is it's still more informative than the old bars.



    Manni | paragon.fi | Dota 2 forum | The golden rule: Listen to Lysah.

  9. #5809
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    You can always go to dotabuff for that information. Right now the performance bars seem to be mostly about win rate, and as redundant as having a graphic for that is it's still more informative than the old bars.
    I'm kind of curious how you could generate a respectable, useful performance graph for a game like Dota. In War3, simply having your winrates in all the various matchups was plenty, because it was 1v1 (Blizzard stupidly removed this feature for SC2.)

    But even if it were based off of, like, a team league or something, you'd still have trouble quantifying an individual's contributions. I guess gpm, xpm, and KDA are useful stats to track, but those alone don't indicate doing well or doing poorly... a Profit can afk farm all game and reach excellent xpm/gpm and only engage in favorable fights to receive a great KDA... but still have done nothing useful for his team.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  10. #5810
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I'm kind of curious how you could generate a respectable, useful performance graph for a game like Dota. In War3, simply having your winrates in all the various matchups was plenty, because it was 1v1 (Blizzard stupidly removed this feature for SC2.)

    But even if it were based off of, like, a team league or something, you'd still have trouble quantifying an individual's contributions. I guess gpm, xpm, and KDA are useful stats to track, but those alone don't indicate doing well or doing poorly... a Profit can afk farm all game and reach excellent xpm/gpm and only engage in favorable fights to receive a great KDA... but still have done nothing useful for his team.
    I still don't buy that Valve would use these stats as an indicator of playing well. It works for certain late-game carries (farm well, don't die, don't lose your base, kill enemy base after 40 minutes), but I'm certain Valve knows just as well as most people posting in this thread that these stats does not imply you are playing the most beneficial way on behalf of your team. After all, they've done more impressive things than accurate performance bars.

    These ratings seem more accurate to me, even though there are some discrepancies. I've a maxed performance bar for heroes I haven't been playing all that well: Lich, Viper, Puck, Zeus, Necrolyte (Zefie could probably confirm my Necro plays). At least my Rhasta isn't 5/10 anymore.

    Regular Dota

    Ranked Only
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRu0xts_rpI

  11. #5811
    Stood in the Fire Rivenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    478
    Is it just me or does QoP not scale very well? Fun char to play tho.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

  12. #5812
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Is it just me or does QoP not scale very well? Fun char to play tho.
    Of course not, none of her spells scale beyond level 16 and she's not an AGI hero.
    You can try playing her as a rightclick carry since she's ranged an has a low CD blink, but thats it
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

  13. #5813
    Stood in the Fire Rivenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Of course not, none of her spells scale beyond level 16 and she's not an AGI hero.
    You can try playing her as a rightclick carry since she's ranged an has a low CD blink, but thats it
    I wonder if he is even worth taking after a few games with her. She reminds me very much about WR just a bit stronger but gets really weak end game..
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

  14. #5814
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    I wonder if he is even worth taking after a few games with her. She reminds me very much about WR just a bit stronger but gets really weak end game..
    You gotta play your cards well in early and mid game. I usually farm Aghanim asap and then go for dmg items like Desolator, followed by AC or MKB. That way, even in very late game, you're still relevant (more than that actually). Throw in ulti and then right click without even bothering to Scream.

    Of course there are multiple ways to build her. The one I described is best used for typical pugs but when playing with friends, going for disable / teamfight items (eg Hex) is better imo.
    Last edited by Grimsdott; 2013-02-02 at 05:30 PM.

    credits: Supernerd

  15. #5815
    QoP is the type of heroes that secures your win by dominating early and mid game. she is useless late game, but that's why its mostly picked as mid hero and not carry/offlane.

  16. #5816
    Anyone else thinks that Bloodseeker would see a huge buff if only his cast animation was improved? I mean you see Pudge incoming and you still can't silence him before he eats you because fucking BS has to wave his arms like an idiot before spell actually goes through. I love playing BS but this is driving me insane every time it happens.

    credits: Supernerd

  17. #5817
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    Anyone else thinks that Bloodseeker would see a huge buff if only his cast animation was improved? I mean you see Pudge incoming and you still can't silence him before he eats you because fucking BS has to wave his arms like an idiot before spell actually goes through. I love playing BS but this is driving me insane every time it happens.
    He'd still have 3 sub par abilities
    All of his abilities are pretty bad and also dont have any synergy
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

  18. #5818
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    He'd still have 3 sub par abilities
    All of his abilities are pretty bad and also dont have any synergy
    Well yeah but still, I think that if he received some QoL changes (like improved cast animation) without really overhauling his abilities, he could be visible outside of -ar or pugs full of Shadow Blades.

    That said, I wouldn't mind an overhaul or a rework cause there aren't many heroes I can think of that are shittier than BS when it comes to organized games.

    credits: Supernerd

  19. #5819
    Hey guys I was working on a series for beginners as kind of an introduction to Dota 2. If you could perhaps give me your notes as how to improve them I would greatly appreciate it. If you don't like em let me know as well as well as why.
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...ature=view_all

    Also ya, I think BS, might need a silencer treatment in order to make him more polished. He feels a still a little rough imo. Also really easy to shut down with people who know what to do.

  20. #5820
    BS can permanently silence someone, that's pretty strong. He can prevent someone from moving, also very strong. He's easily one of the best gankers in the game and never has to go home to heal. People need to realize that he's more of a VS character and should not be the hero of the game all on his own.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •