Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hoppins View Post
    Lion isn't pretty Nemi.

Recently learnt that Shadowblade and BH's Shadow walk stack, yet to try if it still works but if so I'm going to have some fun 1 shotting the enemy carry.
    Nemi? That's ze least common name I be referred to as, which PvMer be you?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Speaking of German servers, I have an almost tangentially related experience. Back when I first acquired WoW I had no idea what server I should play on after beta and I only knew the names of planned Finnish realms which I wanted to avoid, so for whatever reason I consulted the user manual. It actually said there that you should play on realms located geographically closest to you, so... German realms. Which could be the reason I don't tend to get upset in dota when someone attempts to communicate in a 'wrong' language. Like some people might get upset when a Russian-speaking player who can speak English and queued for all 3 EU servers might not instantly know which server he is at and first attempts to communicate in Russian.
    Well, there are Russian servers. Plus, I queue US-exclusively, there's a bunch of servers closer to Russia than that

Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I just CRUSHED my old XPM record! Played Phantom Assassin and had a great start! Game can be found here
    I was kinda scratching my head when you dived around 11:20 , until you got the kill and escaped .

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Hardly. Pinging the map can only go so far, which isn't very. Whether or not communication is needed isn't something that's up for debate with a game so dependent on team play.
    Yeah. Pinging can't tell Leoric to stop autoattacking the goddamn creeps, or that he shouldn't be taking crit and aura at low levels. Though, of course, you can get asshats that speak English and ignore the team, anyway.

Had a Keeper like that earlier... we had a Centy begging him for mana repeatedly, and we figured he just didn't speak English. But then, nope, he suddenly decides to start talking and it turns out he speaks English just fine, he's just an asshole.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Yeah. Pinging can't tell Leoric to stop autoattacking the goddamn creeps, or that he shouldn't be taking crit and aura at low levels. Though, of course, you can get asshats that speak English and ignore the team, anyway.

Had a Keeper like that earlier... we had a Centy begging him for mana repeatedly, and we figured he just didn't speak English. But then, nope, he suddenly decides to start talking and it turns out he speaks English just fine, he's just an asshole.

Was in a group of 4 portugese-speaking folk yesterday. Pretty sure I was being yelled at in a language I don't understand, the only part I understood was when they called me by the hero's name, so I'm not quite sure what they hoped to accomplish. But, we did terrible. It's zero fun to play with people you can't communicate with.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Was in a group of 4 portugese-speaking folk yesterday. Pretty sure I was being yelled at in a language I don't understand, the only part I understood was when they called me by the hero's name, so I'm not quite sure what they hoped to accomplish. But, we did terrible. It's zero fun to play with people you can't communicate with.
    Hence why everyone gripes about wanting some way to ensure everyone in a match shares a common language
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

Hence why everyone gripes about wanting some way to ensure everyone in a match shares a common language
    captcha

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    captcha
    Haha, maybe. I still favor region locks for solo queue MM, though
    MMOC IRC!

well, common language is not the game-saver either, you can always have a team full of feth-heads or plain noobs, to the point where no amount of shakespeare-like syllables can help you other than to insult them beautifully and poetically

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    well, common language is not the game-saver either, you can always have a team full of feth-heads or plain noobs, to the point where no amount of shakespeare-like syllables can help you other than to insult them beautifully and poetically
    Obviously, but lack of communication can make even competent players largely useless. There's really no reason not to region lock in solo queue MM, unless they're really worried about queue times or something.
    MMOC IRC!

Obviously, but lack of communication can make even competent players largely useless. There's really no reason not to region lock in solo queue MM, unless they're really worried about queue times or something.
    Or a language lock.
    With a captcha test

As a random question about Dota, if I'm not mistaken in the original Dota there was a Mountain King? If so does anybody know if there's any plans to release one in Dota 2?
    I'm not sure if I'm right in my assumption, I'm just a bit of Dwarf fan .

As a random question about Dota, if I'm not mistaken in the original Dota there was a Mountain King? If so does anybody know if there's any plans to release one in Dota 2?
    Zeus' in-game model was the one of Mountain King.

mayb u mean zeus? he is a dwarf id say but not the "strong" kind by which i mean like a mountain king. more like a dwarf priest
    Last edited by Godavari; 2013-02-06 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    I prefer those games. Verbose people who're social and talkative during the time we play. Even if we get stomped and steamrolled - It's fun. It's a social activity and you're just playing a game together, who cares if you win or not! I've had some pretty darn chill opponents who've been cool and talkative. I love those games, way more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    mayb u mean zeus? he is a dwarf id say but not the "strong" kind by which i mean like a mountain king. more like a dwarf priest
    Zeus being the king of a mountain makes perfectly logical sense though...

mountain king

zeus

same model

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I prefer those games. Verbose people who're social and talkative during the time we play. Even if we get stomped and steamrolled - It's fun. It's a social activity and you're just playing a game together, who cares if you win or not! I've had some pretty darn chill opponents who've been cool and talkative. I love those games, way more fun.
    well, I try to find joy in everything, be it a good game or a pathetic defeat.
    if we win - I am happy due to the fact, and when we lose due to enemy team being better, well , it was a good game then, I've had fun during the game, and if we lose 'cause of retarded teammates who dont speak/think/see - well, I can always have some fun insulting them in a way which is both funny(for me) and grave(for them)

tl;dr is - no matter what you do, always try to find joy in what you do :P
    Last edited by Storm the Sorrow; 2013-02-06 at 11:58 AM.

Could always go the route of FFXI, and have a built in translator... tho FFXI was a bit easier as it was just English and Japanese... and the options of words were limited.... but that lead to great creative translations on both parts... was an interesting experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    Ah okay. Bit of shame that Zeus is the complete opposite to Mountain King, at least what I thought the Mountain King was like (Avatar, Stormbolt) although I suppose that's more like Sven.

Ah okay. Bit of shame that Zeus is the complete opposite to Mountain King, at least what I thought the Mountain King was like (Avatar, Stormbolt) although I suppose that's more like Sven.
    But Zeus is the king of a mountain. How does it not make sense. ._.