1. #6201
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    14,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    I'm going to make a list of all pauses I endure and for what reason over today, while its my day off and I have no plans in this shit weather except to be the laziest soba ever.
    Honestly, man... have you ever just considered going out and getting laid?

    You seem really stressed.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

  2. #6202
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Honestly, man... have you ever just considered going out and getting laid?

    You seem really stressed.
    I like how I am a "bad" part of the community, when most of you just resort to epithets. I think you are deluding yourself over just how good you are as a member of the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

  3. #6203
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    14,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    I like how I am a "bad" part of the community, when most of you just resort to epithets. I think you are deluding yourself over just how good you are as a member of the community.
    Troll elsewhere, please.

    Calling troll is not permitted. Report and move on.
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-02-13 at 03:16 PM.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

  4. #6204
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    I'm going to make a list of all pauses I endure and for what reason over today, while its my day off and I have no plans in this shit weather except to be the laziest soba ever.
    matchIDs would be sufficient info, just so, you know, we can actually make an opinion based on facts and not just what your PoV is.

  5. #6205
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    matchIDs would be sufficient info, just so, you know, we can actually make an opinion based on facts and not just what your PoV is.
    Certainly, I shall provide match id's, seeming as you don't seem to trust that I am quite legitimately frustrated at the amount of pauses and pause time, per game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

  6. #6206
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I can't say I have very good luck. Anyone who knows me can back up this statement.
    I have a friend whose enemies apparently are always extremely lucky and he doesn't hesitate to let them know that after every time he dies. Maybe some day I'll have to queue with you to see if everyone and everything is a shade more terrible in your games or if it simply boils down to perspective.



    Manni | paragon.fi | Lysah reigns supreme!

  7. #6207
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    14,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I have a friend whose enemies apparently are always extremely lucky and he doesn't hesitate to let them know that after every time he dies. Maybe some day I'll have to queue with you to see if everyone and everything is a shade more terrible in your games or if it simply boils down to perspective.
    I'm convinced the gods hate me when I play Axe.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

  8. #6208
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I admit I don't check the other sites, but I have never even heard of this bug outside of a couple of complaints in this thread.

    The last time I heard of a shop bug in the confines of the game was all the way back during the halloween event.
    thread moved fast.... I used to be like you lysah, didn't think it really existed out side of a few instances.... then a couple weeks back before troll was released.... bug happened to me. Thing was... it wasn't just me, it was also 3 others on my team. I've only seen it that one time (knock on wood)

  9. #6209
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    I'm going to make a list of all pauses I endure and for what reason over today, while its my day off and I have no plans in this shit weather except to be the laziest soba ever.
    I am confused how you claim that a 1 minute afk is an ungodly abuse of your precious time, but then you are dedicating a whole day to make a case study about your pause experiences and post them here. Perhaps your time is not as valuable as you think it is?

    Like Pizza suggested, maybe you should just chill out a little, go for a walk, de-stress a bit. If pauses in dota are getting you this worked up, I think you may have a problem.

  10. #6210
    The Patient Varix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Posts
    235
    Oh Dota thread, if not for pointless arguing and opinionated drivel, what would we do?

    Have you ever played against a team with a Slardar, Faceless Void and Troll Warlord? I don't think the bashes will ever leave my nightmares. I was certain I was going to develop a stutter.

  11. #6211
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I have a friend whose enemies apparently are always extremely lucky and he doesn't hesitate to let them know that after every time he dies. Maybe some day I'll have to queue with you to see if everyone and everything is a shade more terrible in your games or if it simply boils down to perspective.
    Everyone has always been free to see my DotA life. From what I understand, most people don't want to.

  12. #6212
    Fluffy Kitten Sj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    5,975
    This thread is getting a little out of hand. If you guys and girls can't discuss the game or its issues without devolving into snide remarks or insults, I suggest you "hit pause" on your posting and AFK until you cool down.
    Hana no Uta 1-4 Watch: Aug 17 - Aug 23 Discuss: Aug 24 - Aug 25
    Hana no Uta 5-8 Watch: Aug 26 - Aug 30 Discuss: Aug 31 - Sept 1
    Hoshi no Umi 1-3 Watch: Sept 2 - Sept 6 Discuss: Sept 7 - Sept 8
    Hana no Uta 9-11 Watch: Sept 9 - Sept 13 Discuss: Sept 14 - Sept 15
    Hana no Uta 12-13 Watch: Sept 16 - Sept 20 Discuss: Sept 21 - Sept 22
    Tsuki ni Naku 1-3 Watch: Sept 23 - Sept 27 Discuss: Sept 28 - Sept 29

  13. #6213
    Agreed this probably did get out of hand.

    Games should be fun, not rage inducing. I think its a good idea for everyone, myself included, that if dota is getting you down, to take a break.

    Last night my 8 game win streak was snapped (sadface) because we had a drow who insisted on jungling from level 2. He would kill 2-3 mobs in jungle, return to base, heal up, and back to jungle. I was not pleased. So, for fun, I decided to follow him around the jungle and steal all his last hits. Probably not the most mature thing I could have done. But, oh well.

    Also, I used to think Disruptor was the most fun hero ever, now I'm leaning towards Jakiro. Getting a 4-5 man ice path is crazy fun. Is the more appropriate thing to macropyre and then ice path, or vice versa? I find either way they don't overlap much. Unless I can land it on a narrow pathway.

  14. #6214
    If you can get anyone else to initiate (tide, magnus, even beastmaster) then i prefer casting ice path after, macropyre is powerful but easy to dodge. If no one else can initiate, i'll do ice path but after that jakiro needs another stun or atleast slow to get full mileage out of ulti.

  15. #6215
    Bloodsail Admiral Storm the Sorrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Pleasure Planet
    Posts
    1,041
    I was under the impression Jakiro's ult is nothing special in damage department, am I wrong?
    Fortress of Arrogance.
    Armour of Contempt.

    Sure as sure

  16. #6216
    Yea one of the recent games I played, we had a rubick who stole black hole and got it off on 4 people. I dropped macropyre, then icepath, then Q (cant remember name) and they just melted. It was pretty fun to watch.

    Also since I play mostly supports, I'm always wishing that we had a magnus. RP into disruptor ult + field. RP into macropyre. RP into echoslam. RP into puck orb, silence, ult. It's just such a ridiculous initiation.

  17. #6217
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    pause
    haha oh boy

    VP vs. Empire just started, casted here. These guys are such great drafters..

  18. #6218
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    ready and available for 40 minutes with no interruptions.
    I go into it assuming everyone's ready for 60 minutes. 70-minute games are the 1% but I have 50-minute games often enough. If anything, I find 40 minutes quite the peculiar number if you're the kind to expect 0 pauses ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    I was under the impression Jakiro's ult is nothing special in damage department, am I wrong?
    Imagine if you were just wrong, just imagine it.
    Now imagine if you were wronger than that. A hundred times wronger than that. Imagine if there was a special circle in hell for just how wrong you were. Consider the fact that you could, quite soon, face divine retribution for your wrongness, that Gabriel himself shall knock on your door and cut you down for just how wrong you are. Imagine a world where everything is right, the only thing that would still be wrong would be you. Imagine a place where you could state your beliefs without getting repressed, you'd be dead on the first day. Imagine a painting of Mona Lisa with Megatron's face.

    That's how wrong you are.

  19. #6219
    They're running Faceless Void mid, interesting!

    Quote Originally Posted by Okuu View Post
    That's how wrong you are.
    Saying "yea it does hella dmg" would take you so much less effort.

  20. #6220
    Yea I think at level 3 (without Aghs), it does 180 a sec to anyone in it. So if you can lock them in for 4 seconds lets say with an icepath plus another stun (Sven, Lesh, Magnus, Tide, Enigma, disruptor, etc). You're looking at 720 damage to everyone in it. I'd say thats good damage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •