I lost it when they guy just stops talking in the middle of his sentence and say: "Oh man..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    And my answer would still be because Rupture rank 1 (if not all of them) damage is garbage, which is partially to be blamed for Thirst being unreliable, he doesn't get his levels nearly fast enough in the jungle, he isn't that difficult to outlane and he can't do a thing about a magic immune enemy. (If you don't believe the part about Rupture not doing damage, go watch a VOD of the mouz vs EG series played a few days ago in D2L for a good example. EG try to kill Black^'s Weaver without vision and have 3 heroes at the lane, Fear's BS lands a Rupture on him from max range, Weaver Shukuchis from the middle of 3 or 4 heroes back to his tower and doesn't even go low enough to trigger Thirst vision. And that was pretty early in the game.)
    Depends on what level Thirst was. It's typically the first skill to max because 50% is a pretty high threshold. One point in silence as needed, blood bath as needed to stay in lane, and the rest in Thirst. Unless it's a tough lane you can have Thirst maxed by 7, at which point the 50%/25% threshold should be sufficient for ganks.

I also think people underestimate how useful the damage buff BS provides is. He's a better target for it than most others (since he doesn't really have any spells to cast besides Rupture), but I can easily see a Sven, Leoric, or basically any other carry doing awful things with it if they don't need to cast any spells for a little while. It's very easy for BS to be hitting for 300+ dmg a swing before 20 minutes; a Drow might be hitting for 500.

EDIT: You could maybe buff Rupture if it wasn't pure damage, but I think that skill is ridiculously strong as it is, especially due to the huge cast range, low cooldown, and very long duration. It generally won't kill someone on its own, true, but it forces them to limit their movement, and you can use that to setup some bad situations. If you run, BS gets Thirst and just runs you down; if you don't run, Sven's going to get in range for his stun and you're going to die that way.

I think the biggest mistake I see a lot of BS players making is trying to solo gank when he's so much better as a team ganker. He doesn't have Night Stalker's spammable 335 dmg nuke, so he can't be played like that.

Honestly a lot of games I end up selling my treads and swapping to boots of travel after I get a hyperstone; that kind of map presence feels really important for BS. I might try playing without getting treads at all, dunno how that'll work, though.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2013-03-10 at 10:49 AM.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    I doubt anything was changed, maybe you had Basilius or Aquila or CM aura available in your earlier games?
    Nah lol I just realized my frozen shot ( or whatever it's called ) was always toggled on with alt + q. I was basically auto attacking with the primary attack haha ( must have pressed that combo while in distress )

ps: Is dota 2 down for you guys 2? Mine is stucked at connecting to dota 2 network....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    ps: Is dota 2 down for you guys 2? Mine is stucked at connecting to dota 2 network....
    Yes it is. For quite some time now as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Depends on what level Thirst was. It's typically the first skill to max because 50% is a pretty high threshold. One point in silence as needed, blood bath as needed to stay in lane, and the rest in Thirst. Unless it's a tough lane you can have Thirst maxed by 7, at which point the 50%/25% threshold should be sufficient for ganks.
    It doesn't matter what level Thirst is, even if I and almost everyone else maxes it first. Rank 1 Rupture is 150 initial an 20% of distance traveled as damage, so take the hit and run 750 units back to your tower and you've still only taken 300. The upside of leveling Thirst in pubs is that you'll easily find the people who like to idle at low health for free kills, which only adds to the feeling of only doing well because your enemies aren't paying any attention. Perhaps something could be said for BS 'forcing' enemies to keep themselves on high health at all times, but because that is generally good practice regardless of whether or not there is a BS in the game you might also be making the game more difficult for yourself and your team because enemies that keep themselves at full HP are just harder to kill.

I also think people underestimate how useful the damage buff BS provides is. He's a better target for it than most others (since he doesn't really have any spells to cast besides Rupture), but I can easily see a Sven, Leoric, or basically any other carry doing awful things with it if they don't need to cast any spells for a little while. It's very easy for BS to be hitting for 300+ dmg a swing before 20 minutes; a Drow might be hitting for 500.
    The buff is situational at best. The most obvious problem is that if you're using it as damage source, you're not silencing an enemy. Then to cast it on yourself, you need not only a notable level advantage and damage items, but also defensive items if you want to survive running into a half-decent teamfight lineup and hitting anything before you die. It's not too bad to put on a hero like SK if you can agree on him waiting a moment between landing a Hellfire Blast and triggering BKB (if they have one.) But then you're not silencing an enemy, maybe not even doing much yourself, you just sit there like "Would you like some damage today, Mr. King? No? Perhaps a little later, then?"

And then there's the obvious difficulty that when you're using it to silence, you're giving enemy damage, which means you can't use it on just about anyone.

EDIT: You could maybe buff Rupture if it wasn't pure damage, but I think that skill is ridiculously strong as it is, especially due to the huge cast range, low cooldown, and very long duration. It generally won't kill someone on its own, true, but it forces them to limit their movement, and you can use that to setup some bad situations. If you run, BS gets Thirst and just runs you down; if you don't run, Sven's going to get in range for his stun and you're going to die that way.

I think the biggest mistake I see a lot of BS players making is trying to solo gank when he's so much better as a team ganker. He doesn't have Night Stalker's spammable 335 dmg nuke, so he can't be played like that.
    Problem with Rupture is that you don't do much without it, especially if you can't get it to trigger Thirst. Later on when you have the ranks in it for it to actually do damage on movement you can at least reliably slam it on out of position supports for Thirst and a good chance of killing them, but in late game any hero with decent amount of HP can move in behind towers or teammates even with Rupture on without taking too much damage. And if you're a heavily farmed hero, then using your entire kit to snipe down supports can be waste of potential (though it necessarily isn't.)

Of course solo ganking is a mistake because unless you heavily invest in it (buying Force, Dagon, etc) anyone but the weakest supports will just TP out of your attempts to do anything. And stronger heroes will just stand their ground and laugh at you. But like I said, good teamplay, or even what can be considered good between random teammates, pretty much kills Bloodseeker's potential to do much when several enemies are involved or in larger engagements.

What I see wrong with randoms Bloodseekers is that they seem to build completely random items and have no idea what to do with their hero in a fight. Some just buy their 900 HP Blademails and in combat Rupture a random target and charge in to die instantly and either forget about Bloodrage or never get a chance to use it.

BS just doesn't work well as a carry if he isn't the most farmed hero on the map by a notable margin. And even if he is he might still get outcarried. I'm more inclined to agree with Lysah that he'd work better in a supportive or utility role, but I'm not sure how good it can be.

You can use it on just about anyone. No hero is as useful without his spells as he is with them. I brought up OD in the past and how bloodrage totally cripples him. You tried to argue that he'd still do high damage with the damage off his int but no, nothing compared to spamming his orb and his ult, and he also loses his CC which saves his life 9/10 times. BS can totally shut down a hard carry like OD with a spell he gets at level 1 and can spam permanently, but yeah he's a bad hero.

BS is not a solo ganker, he's no pudge. The trade off is that Pudge can miss and BS cannot. Bring PotM with you and you are guaranteed kills. If they run they die, if they don't run they eat max range arrow and die. Either way they're dead. Stop acting like 300 damage at level 6 is a small number when heroes have 600-700 health. Rupture + them running to their tower + bloodrage them + 1 or 2 auto attacks and you've killed pretty much anything that isn't a tank. And that's solo, add ANY ally with a nuke and you won't even have to dive them, the rupture will take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    You can use it on just about anyone. No hero is as useful without his spells as he is with them. I brought up OD in the past and how bloodrage totally cripples him. You tried to argue that he'd still do high damage with the damage off his int but no, nothing compared to spamming his orb and his ult, and he also loses his CC which saves his life 9/10 times. BS can totally shut down a hard carry like OD with a spell he gets at level 1 and can spam permanently, but yeah he's a bad hero.

BS is not a solo ganker, he's no pudge. The trade off is that Pudge can miss and BS cannot. Bring PotM with you and you are guaranteed kills. If they run they die, if they don't run they eat max range arrow and die. Either way they're dead. Stop acting like 300 damage at level 6 is a small number when heroes have 600-700 health. Rupture + them running to their tower + bloodrage them + 1 or 2 auto attacks and you've killed pretty much anything that isn't a tank. And that's solo, add ANY ally with a nuke and you won't even have to dive them, the rupture will take care of it.
    I never meant that Bloodrage is bad against OD, I just wanted to point out that you don't stop him entirely from doing damage and most of the time mid-late game OD has a BKB which would allow him to at least get his ulti off between silences. When it comes to PotM Arrow and similar skills, it's a matter of moving 200 units and taking maybe 50 damage or taking the Arrow, if they can see it coming I think most players prefer to take the Rupture damage. Of course, most of the time a decent PotM wouldn't let you see the arrow coming, but it's not always possible. It's just splitting hairs, but the point I've been trying to make is that until later levels Rupture is far from forcing anyone to stand still, and even later on it hardly does so against high HP or magic immune targets.

300 damage isn't nothing, but the other point I've been trying to make is that when the enemy has any team play Rupture allows for more than enough maneuverability for them to keep the target alive or to counter kill BS if he tries to dive.

I'm not insisting that he is a bad hero, I just feel like he gets shut down too easily (or that he becomes too irrelevant once shut down.) I may very well be wrong and after seeing so many badly played Bloodseekers I'm definitely prejudiced, but even if I try to be objective I'm still not convinced that there's no basis for what I've been saying.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-03-10 at 07:17 PM.

But you move to dodge the arrow and you're taking damage anyway, she leaps and starfalls and your 700 health is already at 150 and what are you going to do? You stand there and eat auto attacks and you're dead or you try to run and rupture kills you. It's a guaranteed kill because rupture is pretty much a "you're not going to survive" spell at this point in the game if BS brings anyone at all to help. Even if you're ALREADY on your tower, a combo like BS/PotM can easily kill you before your allies see the gank and TP in, with bloodthirst BS can dive into trees, finish you, and run back out before anyone catches up.

Also, PotM is his best friend not because rupture makes the arrow guaranteed, but because you know plenty of "pros" are going to instantly TP when they see rupture and you get a free stun on them because they're obviously not moving while teleporting.

The only time rupture isn't so good is if you're bad at aiming it. Carrys get BKB and tanks are tanks. You use rupture on Rubick who can't do anything about it. You use rupture on PotM who probably isn't going to buy BKB because she has leap. You use rupture on that Necrolyte because Necro's entire kit revolves around running circles around a tree while you chase him. There are a TON of heroes in this game who are completely crippled if they can't kite. Like I said the last time we had this argument, you rupture one support and bloodrage the other and it's 3v5. A hero like Dazzle hit with bloodrage is out of the team fight entirely. A hero like PotM tagged with leap is pretty much guaranteed to die in the team fight. Best part is, the lack of a cooldown means BS can just toss rupture out all the time on anyone and everyone.

Yes, in a perfect world where your team is always together in a tight little group and has towers protecting them rupture isn't as great of a spell. But then, in those situations half the heroes in the game are useless. BS is a divide and conquer hero, he splits enemy teams and he destroys people who get caught out of position. Even the pros fall into these situations *every single game* so using the argument "if you just play perfectly BS sucks!" isn't really convincing me. Fantastic support carry, always will be, rupture could not be a better skill. An ounce of extra damage and the skill would completely break, it's already extremely good, I would argue that the range needs to be severely reduced, actually, because it's too good in typical skill pubs. However, when the skill level goes up and people start to account for an enemy BS I agree that the skill goes from absurdly overpowered to fair. Not bad.

I can't help but think about all the youtube videos I've seen of Dendi and Rubick, apparently he's in love with that hero and also in love with force staff and blink. I would love to see him get hit with rupture right as he force staffs out of ravage and runs back in to spell steal it. He's already at 20% health from running around that much and can't possibly blink into your team to use ravage or he dies, he just has to sit there and wait for someone to last hit him because he can't do anything but cry. All of this from a spell BS can cast from so far a range it might as well be sniper's ult, and then he just goes on to ignore rubick and silence someone else and beat down the remaining people on Dendi's team. Too bad everyone thinks BS sucks, he could really crush a lot of current favorites (QoP).
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-03-10 at 07:14 PM.

But you move to dodge the arrow and you're taking damage anyway, she leaps and starfalls and your 700 health is already at 150 and what are you going to do? You stand there and eat auto attacks and you're dead or you try to run and rupture kills you. It's a guaranteed kill because rupture is pretty much a "you're not going to survive" spell at this point in the game if BS brings anyone at all to help. Even if you're ALREADY on your tower, a combo like BS/PotM can easily kill you before your allies see the gank and TP in, with bloodthirst BS can dive into trees, finish you, and run back out before anyone catches up.

Also, PotM is his best friend not because rupture makes the arrow guaranteed, but because you know plenty of "pros" are going to instantly TP when they see rupture and you get a free stun on them because they're obviously not moving while teleporting.
    You're right, there's really no way to run from BS and PotM if you're alone. I knew you would point that out and I was sort of splitting hairs, because I only wanted to point out the Rupture doesn't really guarantee an Arrow hit. But yes, a good PotM that hasn't been seen would just arrow through trees or just attack until the player tries to TP. Though it is a 2v1 situation and might get complicated if more enemies joined in, but it's still a situation in which BS shines.

The only time rupture isn't so good is if you're bad at aiming it. Carrys get BKB and tanks are tanks. You use rupture on Rubick who can't do anything about it. You use rupture on PotM who probably isn't going to buy BKB because she has leap. You use rupture on that Necrolyte because Necro's entire kit revolves around running circles around a tree while you chase him. There are a TON of heroes in this game who are completely crippled if they can't kite. Like I said the last time we had this argument, you rupture one support and bloodrage the other and it's 3v5. A hero like Dazzle hit with bloodrage is out of the team fight entirely. A hero like PotM tagged with leap is pretty much guaranteed to die in the team fight. Best part is, the lack of a cooldown means BS can just toss rupture out all the time on anyone and everyone.

Yes, in a perfect world where your team is always together in a tight little group and has towers protecting them rupture isn't as great of a spell. But then, in those situations half the heroes in the game are useless. BS is a divide and conquer hero, he splits enemy teams and he destroys people who get caught out of position. Even the pros fall into these situations *every single game* so using the argument "if you just play perfectly BS sucks!" isn't really convincing me. Fantastic support carry, always will be, rupture could not be a better skill. An ounce of extra damage and the skill would completely break, it's already extremely good, I would argue that the range needs to be severely reduced, actually, because it's too good in typical skill pubs. However, when the skill level goes up and people start to account for an enemy BS I agree that the skill goes from absurdly overpowered to fair. Not bad.
    The problem is that if your good Rupture targets go down to 2 or 3 it can get a bit difficult to do anything with it. If enemy supports are well positioned, how much can you capitalize on the Rupture if their tanks and carries sit tightly between your team and your target? And how do you sneak in a meaningful Bloodrage, considering range on it is short enough to allow even a hero like Rubick to lift you before you get to cast it on him. And you might not even have Thirst up despite using Rupture.

I wasn't exactly saying "BS sucks if you play perfectly", though. Just that I've observed that he suffers when facing enemies that don't constantly give him easy openings by running around alone or doing something equally silly. You can always find openings, but whether BS can capitalize enough on them is another thing when rank 1 Rupture can't be relied to pin anyone down or deal enough damage, whichever it is that you need the most. I agree that Rupture should not be just directly buffed to deal a lot more damage because then he would be broken in most games. Slightly reworked, perhaps. Hell, I played BS a few days ago on my alt account and enemies were freezing in their tracks for 9 seconds when I cast Bloodrage on them, and it was a page 5 game or something. But a simple matter of triggering Thirst, which (somewhat irrelevantly) would even make sense from lore point of view, or even scaling with enemy HP shouldn't be too much. Maybe the range could be shortened in return, or in exchange of increasing Bloodrage range, it's only less than half of what Drow or Krobe have even if it is spammable.

I don't argue that most players probably waste Bloodseeker's potential, and maybe I'm just too jaded from playing too many games where a BS ends up being completely useless. Or maybe with perfect play you can even overcome good teamplay from your enemy.

Deleted
    I can't help but think about all the youtube videos I've seen of Dendi and Rubick, apparently he's in love with that hero and also in love with force staff and blink. I would love to see him get hit with rupture right as he force staffs out of ravage and runs back in to spell steal it. He's already at 20% health from running around that much and can't possibly blink into your team to use ravage or he dies, he just has to sit there and wait for someone to last hit him because he can't do anything but cry. All of this from a spell BS can cast from so far a range it might as well be sniper's ult, and then he just goes on to ignore rubick and silence someone else and beat down the remaining people on Dendi's team. Too bad everyone thinks BS sucks, he could really crush a lot of current favorites (QoP).
    Dendi is a positional player, he won't let himself be caught with Rupture that easily if he knows enemy has a BS. Rupture is 1000 range? Like if you watch Dendi play he is always very careful of staying out of range of spells he wants to dodge. Bloodseeker is pretty weak and can't really be in the front lines, he dies pretty quick. So getting off a Rapture isn't that easy.

And you mention QoP. QoP usually goes BKB first item in competitive games and I don't see how you lane a Bloodseeker against a QoP mid and putting him on safe lane farm is really waste.

Well, in 5v5s supports NEED to move to really do much. The team fight is going to move as people try to disengage and chase, if you prevent a support like Dazzle from following his carry you have still removed him from the game. That's all I'm trying to say when I say that BS can remove two supports from a team fight. I don't think bloodrage is unacceptably short range, the range is still easily far enough to tag people in most team fights - most action happens in a small 500ish AoE, that's why Tide ult is so good - the range is easily double the ordinary formation of most teams.

If I were able to rework rupture? 150-600 cast range, drains % max health as pure damage. The idea that every step you take you are hemorrhaging blood excessively is what I imagine from rupture, that amount of blood loss would kill everyone at relatively the same speed. Furthermore, he shouldn't be able to hit you that hard from a mile away. Lastly, it probably should trigger thirst regardless of what HP his target is at. BS should be a hero you have to keep away from you, not a hero you simply have to "deal with." In my opinion.

@above
    A QoP isn't going to deny farm to a bloodseeker with PMS mid. Even shadow strike/spam auto attack won't work because she can't outrange the creeps, she will take more damage than he does while he heals up with blood bath. She will get every rune until they both hit 6 and she is food if she blinks for the rune. I really don't see a properly built BS losing to QoP mid. You also can't just outrange rupture, 1000 range is by far enough to force someone completely out of a fight. Good positioning in this case is not helping your team at all. If you're that far away BS has already put you out of the fight just by existing.

If I had to sum up my attitude about the discussion, it would be this:
    Even when BS feeds, rupture/rage are such powerful skills that he can still influence the game a lot. If SF feeds, you just laugh at him and he's a big creep. If QoP feeds, you just laugh at her and she's a big creep. If Magnus feeds, shock/skew/RP are such powerful skills that he still influences the game. Yet, we're arguing that rage/rupture are bad skills and BS is a bad hero but these other heroes and their skills are not? Not needing to do well or get farm and still amazingly impact the game is kind of the definition of a great support, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-03-10 at 09:59 PM.

I don't think bloodrage is unacceptably short range, the range is still easily far enough to tag people in most team fights - most action happens in a small 500ish AoE, that's why Tide ult is so good - the range is easily double the ordinary formation of most teams.
    Not unacceptably short range, but I find that it's a bit weird how much of your utility depends on getting a silence on an important hero but how easy it is for a lot of heroes to just disable you before you get to cast it. Any hero with Orchid would be more reliable. Though it might be a bit overpowered if it gave you no chance of stopping it... maybe with shorter duration, or maybe he should have shorter cast time on it.

If I were able to rework rupture? 150-600 cast range, drains % max health as pure damage. The idea that every step you take you are hemorrhaging blood excessively is what I imagine from rupture, that amount of blood loss would kill everyone at relatively the same speed. Furthermore, he shouldn't be able to hit you that hard from a mile away. Lastly, it probably should trigger thirst regardless of what HP his target is at. BS should be a hero you have to keep away from you, not a hero you simply have to "deal with." In my opinion.
    Rupture always triggering Thirst is exactly what I meant, I mean, he is supposed to smell blood but can't detect his enemies if they stand in a puddle of it? Though I think it would be better if Rupture dealt damage as a % of current HP, like N'aix's Feast, so it would be harder for new players to kill themselves to Rupture alone but it would still be less easy to ignore it on high HP heroes.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-03-10 at 10:17 PM.

Rupture should be able to kill you if you move, though, so current HP is pointless because someone with 100 hp could just keep running and running and spewing blood everywhere even though they're on the edge of death =p

Though I think we all know that none of these abilities have to make any RP sense...

Deleted
    @above
    A QoP isn't going to deny farm to a bloodseeker with PMS mid. Even shadow strike/spam auto attack won't work because she can't outrange the creeps, she will take more damage than he does while he heals up with blood bath. She will get every rune until they both hit 6 and she is food if she blinks for the rune. I really don't see a properly built BS losing to QoP mid. You also can't just outrange rupture, 1000 range is by far enough to force someone completely out of a fight. Good positioning in this case is not helping your team at all. If you're that far away BS has already put you out of the fight just by existing.
    I'm not sure about the BS vs QoP mid. Haven't played that setup in ages but buying PMS seems like a heavy investment. And no, past level 6 QoP is quite strong in rune control due to her having the ability to push the lane before rune spawns.

What you are forgetting is that BS is also kept out of the fight if the Rubick doesn't show himself because Bloodseeker is pretty much useless outside of his Rupture. And spell steal has same range as Rupture. And so what if you Rupture the Rubick if he is standing behind his team? Not like you can go on him and not like he has to move, he is already in a good position.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2013-03-11 at 12:15 AM.

At least now this can be settled, you two go 1v1 mid qop vs bs bo5 i get the popcorn

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 12:41 AM ----------

Rupture should be able to kill you if you move, though, so current HP is pointless because someone with 100 hp could just keep running and running and spewing blood everywhere even though they're on the edge of death =p

Though I think we all know that none of these abilities have to make any RP sense...
    Yeah I doubt RP issues are taken into heavy consideration, but it still seems like a fairly good idea to me. When played among good players BS or his team would still have to finish the target off because nobody is going to run themselves to death (possibly Leap, though) and bad players wouldn't run themselves to death in panic before they can figure it out. Or hopefully they wouldn't.

i say QoP wins. There aren't many heroes that can beat QoP mid, BS isn't one either.

At least now this can be settled, you two go 1v1 mid qop vs bs bo5 i get the popcorn
    if there ever is a dota2 subforum here there should be a 1v1 thread with a toplist

shit i never played 1v1 better start practice

i dont even have popcorn

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably be more interesting than those Puck v QoP games in Fistful of Tangos.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

ADVANCED Advanced Tactics for ADVANCED Advanced players.