Deleted
    I understand why people whine about low MMR games. They are horrible. I created a new account and wanted to level it up a bit to play with some low MMR friends and the games suck. Every time I don't go mid we lose because people are getting dogged on on every lane. When I do go mid, I end up with ridiculous scores like 30-2 and 900 GPM. And even worse is that people leave and flame like hell, calling other people bad when they're horrible themselves. It's not the bad plays that makes me annoyed on low MMR games, it's people flaming each other every time someone fails or plays bad when they're bad themselves and people leaving games.

Just checked my stats again, 21 games. 12 wins, 9 losses. All wins are when I go mid, all losses are when I go jungle or like Tinker ancients/easy lane. But I also haven't played any hard carry on easy lane yet. I really wonder how Dota 2 MMR system works. Though I've noticed that the queue times on this account are very long and search range is almost always maxed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    It's not the bad plays that makes me annoyed on low MMR games, it's people flaming each other every time someone fails or plays bad when they're bad themselves and people leaving games.
    Which is why I haven't played Dota in about a week now and despite wanting to play it, I know there's a better than even chance I'll just walk away pissed off again. The vast majority of people playing inexplicably have shitty attitudes and honestly... I got better things to do than put up with that.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    You only need a half brain to understand idea behind a hero and You don't need to complete your PhD on game design before discussing hero design decisions.
    I probably don't, but it clearly wouldn't hurt you. Consider combining it with your thesis about human-computer interaction UI and then get back to me.

Deleted
    How are those items at the end of games are distributed? I mean it's totally random or something indicates it.
    Also you get one rare item everytime you level up right? And can you gift those boxes to someone else that you get sometimes?
    Question storm ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDok View Post
    How are those items at the end of games are distributed? I mean it's totally random or something indicates it.
    Also you get one rare item everytime you level up right? And can you gift those boxes to someone else that you get sometimes?
    Question storm ftw.
    You get one item guaranteed each time you level up. It could be from common to rare/mythical, so getting one rare item each time you level up would mean you are extremely lucky. You can gift/trade chest items with the trading system from the steam chat/friendlist, and yes the item distribution is totally random afaik.

Hey guys , I would like to try the game , is there anyone here with a key to spare? the mail is loki_4_ever@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Demidov View Post
    You get one item guaranteed each time you level up. It could be from common to rare/mythical, so getting one rare item each time you level up would mean you are extremely lucky. You can gift/trade chest items with the trading system from the steam chat/friendlist, and yes the item distribution is totally random afaik.
    Longer games have a higher chance of giving you an item and reward more battle points and chests are distributed separately from other items but besides that it's random.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeusrules View Post
    Hey guys , I would like to try the game , is there anyone here with a key to spare? the mail is loki_4_ever@hotmail.com
    Have a look on steam market place, i thought it cost like £20 to play but you can get dota keys for about £0.02. You do need to deposit a minimum of £4 but that can go towards your other purchases too, not just market place stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeusrules View Post
    I have sent you an invite.

if some1 needs inv send me pm with your email.

Huskar can't afford to level spears. Leveling his passive is a given but if he chooses spears over inner vit he won't have maxed vit until level 14 at the earliest - which is just asking to feed. Huskar's strength is entirely in being able to get a kill every time his ultimate comes off cooldown at level 6-11 by rushing armlet and being immortal by healing more than people's tiny auto attacks can do at low level. From there, he simply outgrows everyone with satanic BKB buriza etc.

I don't really see a point in leveling spears, the damage isn't enough when you should be killing people in 4 or 5 auto attacks anyway. I would consider them against an enemy with extremely high armor, but even then it's probably still a waste. Level it to level 2 against TA solo mid and forget about it.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-04-13 at 09:13 PM.

I think casting range is longer than Huskar's attack range, and orbwalking is a must for lane control (at worst case I can make someone burn through couple stacks of tangos, best case you're either dead or took couple fountain trips), but I agree that his other two skills are way more important than more than 1 point in spears early game, free relic and hyperstone after Life Break are invaluable, Inner Vitality makes you impossible to die with armlet up.

10+ Year Old Account
    On ODs Astral Imprisonment note: isn't enemy don't get exp for creep dying while he is banished? And if you can't time your skills with Imprisonment, look at spell effect closer, you will see a red circle increasing in size, when red circle will collide with blue one, CC will end.
    Also i remember countering Husks ult damage with banishing myself before hit
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    On ODs Astral Imprisonment note: isn't enemy don't get exp for creep dying while he is banished? And if you can't time your skills with Imprisonment, look at spell effect closer, you will see a red circle increasing in size, when red circle will collide with blue one, CC will end.
    Also i remember countering Husks ult damage with banishing myself before hit
    you'd need one hell of a reaction time to Astral self when Huskar is leaping at you .

you'd need one hell of a reaction time to Astral self when Huskar is leaping at you .
    Lol no you don't.

Anyways, I re-installed this piss clunker and I was surprised to find Anuxi had a chest completely dedicated to her.

I mean, she does OKAY stuff (it's well modeled if nothing else), but why did she get a chest to herself? There's plenty of people who have done way more things than her, and quite of few of them that are better than anything like the Snowdrop set or that atrocious Windrunner set.

To me it seems like she got it just for being a girl who makes dota 2 items. What a good direction Dota 2 is going in.

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 09:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Huskar can't afford to level spears. Leveling his passive is a given but if he chooses spears over inner vit he won't have maxed vit until level 14 at the earliest - which is just asking to feed. Huskar's strength is entirely in being able to get a kill every time his ultimate comes off cooldown at level 6-11 by rushing armlet and being immortal by healing more than people's tiny auto attacks can do at low level. From there, he simply outgrows everyone with satanic BKB buriza etc.

I don't really see a point in leveling spears, the damage isn't enough when you should be killing people in 4 or 5 auto attacks anyway. I would consider them against an enemy with extremely high armor, but even then it's probably still a waste. Level it to level 2 against TA solo mid and forget about it.
    That's just a hypothetical situation. If you're dominating your lane, there's no reason to not just rush spears. If your opponent either doesn't suck or you can't outplay them, the heal is much more helpful because even with strong autoattacks going out on you, it'll at least keep your health at a consistent amount of low.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    To me it seems like she got it just for being a girl who makes dota 2 items. What a good direction Dota 2 is going in.
    Yeah, and considering the key to that chest has been a top seller for about 2 weeks over the 5 other keys that evidently was a pretty bad call from Valve. Glad you're back with you insightful opinions though, I would have mistakenly thought she got it for being the most popular workshop contributor since the Polycount contest if you hadn't pointed out the real reason.

I just wish Anuxinamoon was able to do more than 2 themes
    Same hairstyle and FEATHERS I NEED MORE FEATHERS on pretty much every set
    Single items are quite varied, but I dont think she ever did a complete set that didnt have the same hairstlye and feathers
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Yeah, and considering the key to that chest has been a top seller for about 2 weeks over the 5 other keys that evidently was a pretty bad call from Valve. Glad you're back with you insightful opinions though, I would have mistakenly thought she got it for being the most popular workshop contributor since the Polycount contest if you hadn't pointed out the real reason.
    It's all a scheme for her to become GabeN's new e-girlfriend, dude.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    It's annoying that a lot of people in the community don't know about the effectiveness of having multiple boots items.
    The other day I had to interrupt my game to flame back a silencer and cm that were flaming me for phase boots and power treads on juggernaut.
    I know it's not the optimal build but they just assumed I didn't know movement speed on boots doesn't stack.It's not the first time so it seems like there's a general lack of knowledge about boots in the community?