15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Clockwerk.

He's still a reasonably popular pick, he's versatile in laning and how much farm he needs, and he counters heroes like Drow (and OD, and Sniper, and anyone else who hates having someone sitting on them) like hammers counter kneecaps.

I'm not really sure what can be done to make Drow an attractive choice for professional games; they already just kinda-sorta reworked her, would they do it again so soon? Really, her ulti's the only problem now, I think. She wants that fat agility bonus for her aura, but because agility is such a ridiculously strong stat, they can't just hand it to her without drawbacks...

Hell, was there even really a problem with her old ulti? Didn't it basically just mean she machine gunned through creeps to get items faster than other carries might?
    Oh man, Clockwerk.

I play in normal bracket normally, I'm about 50% win rate and not competitive at all so I have no desire to play in the top bracket. We were winning about 10-4 by the 20-minute mark one game so I decided to go "Gankwerk" as I've termed him; Clockwerk with a dagon

I'm not sure I've ever had more fun trying to kill people than play with that strategy
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Too bad Tree hard counters Clock (leech seed > cogs). Tree might be a terrible hero but so is Clock, he is only really useful because of how disruptive cogs are. Rest of his kit is blah at best. If I wanted to counter Drow I'd pick a hero who can actually kill her, not just stand next to her a bit.
    Night Stalker would probably the best at the pro level.

Also, fuck Sylla. Just had an enemy Sylla put nothing but boots and shield on bear, stay in ranged form all game. We ganked him repeatedly and... doesn't matter. Rabid seriously needs to have a 10 second duration and not scale... 40 IAS and 20% ms buff with 100% uptime is motherfucking retarded.

EDIT: Pub sylla so it probably doesn't bear mentioning that he didn't micro bear at all. Bothers me that a hero can be so good when you aren't even using it to even half of its potential...
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2013-04-18 at 04:03 PM.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Trax was bad when the global aura affected creeps. After that, not really, and now even any support with a Ghost Scep can just stick to her for a good while and stop all the damage, and with Marksmanship gone any melee that isn't easily kited will eat through her nonexistent armor. For all I care they could crank the Marksmanship agility all the way to 100 to make the risk worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they should just change her ult to same bullshit like it was, 33% to one shot creep or so, and buff her stats overall, i think no one cares about her anymore. I haven't seen her for ages, and when i saw her she was controlled by horrible player.
    I would like to see her as not so auto-attack character. Like replace her passive ult to something clickable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Sounds correct still whenever I see her in games she's mostly wrecking face.

If I was to join a team one day I'd try out this strat where you go like 5-man blink dagger,wait till the enemy team sticks close to each then all blink at the exact same time on top of the enemy team and boom,echo slam,rp,aoe nukes from everyone and at least 3/4 people on their team die in 2sec.That'd be so awesome.
    Last edited by mmocba4f7a59a4; 2013-04-18 at 06:07 PM.

Hello guys. Can anyone send me a beta key (not invite)?

Quote Originally Posted by Glerimos View Post
    Hello guys. Can anyone send me a beta key (not invite)?
    Add me and I can toss you as many as you want http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970707553?

Though actual activation keys haven't been given out for a good while, so invites are pretty much what everyone is limited to.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Add me and I can toss you as many as you want http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970707553?

Though actual activation keys haven't been given out for a good while, so invites are pretty much what everyone is limited to.
    I created new account, so can't add anyone before buy any game. Also, I don't know why but I don't like invites. I want "key".

PS: Gz on Ra-den World Second kill

Quote Originally Posted by Glerimos View Post
    I created new account, so can't add anyone before buy any game. Also, I don't know why but I don't like invites. I want "key".

PS: Gz on Ra-den World Second kill
    I'm pretty sure you can if you enable Steam Guard. And they stopped handing out invites in the form of keys almost entirely over a year ago, so finding one won't be easy. Or if you send me a PM with your Steam email I can send an invite that way.

And thanks, although I had no part in it aside from being very questionable moral support.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-04-18 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can if you enable Steam Guard. And they stopped handing out invites in the form of keys almost entirely over a year ago, so finding one won't be easy. Or if you send me a PM with your Steam email I can send an invite that way.

And thanks, although I had no part in it aside from being very questionable moral support.
    Ahh, thanks Manni. My friend find me a key. May I add you as friend on Steam?

Deleted
    So whats with this new patch and Skywrath? I thought it was suposed to go live yesterday, but nothing so far on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    So whats with this new patch and Skywrath? I thought it was suposed to go live yesterday, but nothing so far on my end.
    It was out last night on test client, and should be out tonight on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    The patch typically goes on test realms on Wednesday evening (or Wed-Thurs night in EU time) and to main client on Thursday evening (or Friday morning EU time.) So it'll be around in about 4-5 hours if nothing goes wrong.

Deleted
    So I've recently been playing a fair bit of Alchemist, and I was wondering why he isn't picked more in comp. So far I've seen one pro team pick him, although I didn't actually see the game.

Anyway, I just played alch in a team matchmaking game, carrying against a N'aix. And yeah, at the end of the game I was getting killed a fair bit, but that was probably because I was being lazy with bkb usage. It didn't matter though, because by the time N'aix had the items to be able to nom on me, we'd taken 3 melee and 2 ranged rax, and our creeps won the game even with 2 of their heroes defending the base.

Antimage is mainly picked in comp because of his high farming speed, but it pales in comparison to alchemist, who would probably outcarry AM anyway. So I'm wondering why a pro team wouldn't take, for a semi-pushing strat, a team comp like this:

Defensive trilane of Alch, Leshrac and another support, preferably with a reliable stun (although alchemist could probably do that too) - maybe Shaman, SD, even venge.
    Syllabear solo hard lane.
    Any decent mid hero.

Any thoughts/criticisms/ideas?
    Last edited by mmoc6f376c0517; 2013-04-18 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFurry View Post
    Defensive trilane of Alch, Leshrac and another support, preferably with a reliable stun (although alchemist could probably do that too) - maybe Shaman, SD, even venge.
    Syllabear solo hard lane.
    Any decent mid hero.

Any thoughts/criticisms/ideas?
    Alchemist has been picked or banned occasionally for a while now http://dota-academy.com/hero/64/

And the thing is, you won't be able to draft a team like that in -CM without being pretty obvious about what you're going to do which will, in turn, allow your enemies to react to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFurry View Post
    So I've recently been playing a fair bit of Alchemist, and I was wondering why he isn't picked more in comp. So far I've seen one pro team pick him, although I didn't actually see the game.

Anyway, I just played alch in a team matchmaking game, carrying against a N'aix. And yeah, at the end of the game I was getting killed a fair bit, but that was probably because I was being lazy with bkb usage. It didn't matter though, because by the time N'aix had the items to be able to nom on me, we'd taken 3 melee and 2 ranged rax, and our creeps won the game even with 2 of their heroes defending the base.
    i've been playing alch a lot lately also. i tend to build boots, basher, mjollnir, bkb (i play normal bracket so bkb isn't necessary at first) but i think i'm going to start switching that up to boots, basher, maelstrom, bkb, mjollnir. the 5 seconds to destroy someone is just too OP...so many pubs i see still build alch straight for radiance and its such a waste
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    i've been playing alch a lot lately also. i tend to build boots, basher, mjollnir, bkb (i play normal bracket so bkb isn't necessary at first) but i think i'm going to start switching that up to boots, basher, maelstrom, bkb, mjollnir. the 5 seconds to destroy someone is just too OP...so many pubs i see still build alch straight for radiance and its such a waste
    I'd recommend trying Shadow Blade on Alchemist. Shadow Blade is such a good item in public games. It allows you to farm everywhere, split push like mad and gives good damage and IAS. It also helps with sneaky ganks with your stun.

As for playing up against Naix as Alchemist, Abyssal really helps. But you're pretty screwed if Naix buys an Abyssal himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I'd recommend trying Shadow Blade
    Gotta say I lol'd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Gotta say I lol'd
    Huh? Shadow Blade good item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I'd recommend trying Shadow Blade on Alchemist. Shadow Blade is such a good item in public games. It allows you to farm everywhere, split push like mad and gives good damage and IAS. It also helps with sneaky ganks with your stun.

As for playing up against Naix as Alchemist, Abyssal really helps. But you're pretty screwed if Naix buys an Abyssal himself.
    Basher/Abyssal is one of those items that I think really shouldn't exist. I've had games where both carries had lothar's and abyssal and it was basically like playing hide and seek. Whoever got the first hit off was guaranteed to win because of lolstun, BKB is irrelevant, and whoever dies first loses the game for their team. I guess I just don't understand why bash - ANY bash - needs to go through BKB.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow