Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    If you have played HoN I doubt there is much need to play against bots (not that it's mandatory for anyone.) Bots are for when you want to practice something on your own or if you get constantly smashed in solo matchmaking, but playing against humans straight away isn't a bad idea.
    You played 2 games with me! Was it bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Not at all, it was pretty obvious that you did know what to most of the time so I figured you either had experience from somewhere or were on a new account. I played HoN myself from beta until I got my Dota 2 invite few months after the first International.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    No.
    And matchmaking system should give you fair games. People will probably get mad and yell at you because that's how the genre is, just remember the ignore button in the top left.

Deleted
    I used to enjoy watching games on the dota 2 livestream games...but now I realize,it's always the same heroes getting picked,like everyone is trying to imitate the pro's.I have to shuffle through pages of games to actually find something interesting.

Those pro's,who by the way are also starting to bore me heavily,always the same heroes getting picked it is truely boring.
    I can understand a bit since there's money involved but then the community...why is everyone afraid of picking less popular heroes?
    I'm the exact opposite.
    If I see a hero is getting constantly picked I don't touch it.I still have to play more then the 1 ''try-em-out'' game with nai'x,gyrocopter and the likes...does anyone share this mindset?

Yes, that's why I play AR and actively try to play unconventionally. I finally don't feel dirty for picking Invoker from time to time since he's getting ignored now.

I was under the impression that everybody randoms while playing AP , i usually get 5 to 7 randomers :P

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    I used to enjoy watching games on the dota 2 livestream games...but now I realize,it's always the same heroes getting picked,like everyone is trying to imitate the pro's.I have to shuffle through pages of games to actually find something interesting.

Those pro's,who by the way are also starting to bore me heavily,always the same heroes getting picked it is truely boring.
    I can understand a bit since there's money involved but then the community...why is everyone afraid of picking less popular heroes?
    I'm the exact opposite.
    If I see a hero is getting constantly picked I don't touch it.I still have to play more then the 1 ''try-em-out'' game with nai'x,gyrocopter and the likes...does anyone share this mindset?
    In just normal games? I only ever see that in CM, but that's pretty much the 'serious-mode trying hard' game mode anyway, so you'd expect to see it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Yes, that's why I play AR and actively try to play unconventionally. I finally don't feel dirty for picking Invoker from time to time since he's getting ignored now.
    It's a shame he requires so much farm and levels to stay on top of the game, probably why he loses his pick to the other more typical mid picks. I always thought hard lane solo Quas invoker was interesting though, feels like it has a lot of potentially if their team's running an aggressive tri-lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaralah View Post
    I was under the impression that everybody randoms while playing AP , i usually get 5 to 7 randomers :P
    The first 4 people random, then inevitably 2 people on either team will look at the enemy team and go "LOL EZ WIN" and pick PL/kotl.

@Underskilled
    Screw levels, only takes level 7 or so to start cutting people in half with sun strike. So easy to rush euls and put everything into exort and strike/meteor/blast people when they can't avoid it at all, it should be a crime.

Deleted
    The first 4 people random, then inevitably 2 people on either team will look at the enemy team and go "LOL EZ WIN" and pick PL/kotl.

@Underskilled
    Screw levels, only takes level 7 or so to start cutting people in half with sun strike. So easy to rush euls and put everything into exort and strike/meteor/blast people when they can't avoid it at all, it should be a crime.
    Ah the invoker...I love his swag.That's why I like playing him.I just don't like sun strike/meteor blast combo..it can be landed but then again,under certain circumstances,I like it when my spells are more flexible.But I really like him,I love when there's a high skill ceiling that actually gives you some power if you reach it.Though lately I've been thinking invoker isn't that good even if you try hard.

What you said is true, Lysah, and I'm no stranger to his hilarious Exort combo, but the problem is, it isn't about what he can do, it's how he measures up to competition in lane. When you're against a Puck, QoP, or Magnus, that can make you explode at 6 as well, but also put out the harass before that, have a very reliable escape against mid ganks, and require virtually no items to output or setup their damage, that's when people start to question the reliability of Invoker against heroes like that.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd love to see someone find a spot for Invoker in the pro scene, and start seeing him picked more often in tournaments.

He might not be that strong in lane but exort Invoker has permanent global presence that people often neglect and forget about. If he's solo, he could be 5 when you are 3 and already hits for 200 pure damage when you only have 550 health as a support...you're at 75% health and think you're relatively okay and you eat ice path and sun strike and you're already dead.

Or he can just lane with a big set up hero, me and Manni went SD/Invoker the other day and it was hilarious. Disruption > sun strike > cold snap + illusions free kills. I really couldn't tell you why he's been ignored lately, especially when he counters Magnus easily by simply counter-CCing enemy team during RP. Maybe people are afraid to pick him against Batrider.

True, and definitely why I don't want to see Invoker counted out completely, mid just might not be the greatest position with for anymore. I've seen him solo against a hard lane solo with some success, never seen him in a tri-lane, but like you mentioned, with a good setup lane Exort Invoker could probably put a lot of work in, and scoring kills would be pretty simple.

And god yes SD. Ran an SD/Timbersaw lane a couple weeks ago, and a landed Disruption/Soul Catcher guaranteed a kill, worked so well with Timbersaw's pure damage.

Deleted
    He might not be that strong in lane but exort Invoker has permanent global presence that people often neglect and forget about. If he's solo, he could be 5 when you are 3 and already hits for 200 pure damage when you only have 550 health as a support...you're at 75% health and think you're relatively okay and you eat ice path and sun strike and you're already dead.

Or he can just lane with a big set up hero, me and Manni went SD/Invoker the other day and it was hilarious. Disruption > sun strike > cold snap + illusions free kills. I really couldn't tell you why he's been ignored lately, especially when he counters Magnus easily by simply counter-CCing enemy team during RP. Maybe people are afraid to pick him against Batrider.
    I don't feel Invoker has a place mid lane anymore in the pro scene because of the Bottle crowing and his weak lane presence early. His base damage isn't nearly enough to get early advantage on the lane. Global presence is good but apart from that he really needs levels to shine later in the mid game. But it's hard with his laning ability now. I still think Invoker is a good hero and can work but I think the pros feel heroes like Magnus, Puck, QoP are simply better heroes right now because of their stronger laning and they can also have impact mid to late game.

Sure, SD Invoker is cute but so is Leshrac and SD combo. But in pro games, how are you going to lane it? Tri lane? That means Invoker won't get much levels. Laning Invoker as a carry in a dual easy lane probably isn't the best choice in most cases in professional games.

Hard to say, you don't necessarily need to tri lane every single game you play, though it seems people feel that way these days. I agree that Invoker solo isn't as strong as once believed, he definitely gets off to a very slow start now. It's unfortunate that QoP would ever be a popular hero, most of all. Of all the heroes I wouldn't mind never seeing again.

Deleted
    Hard to say, you don't necessarily need to tri lane every single game you play, though it seems people feel that way these days. I agree that Invoker solo isn't as strong as once believed, he definitely gets off to a very slow start now. It's unfortunate that QoP would ever be a popular hero, most of all. Of all the heroes I wouldn't mind never seeing again.
    Tri lane in pubs is horrible. Every time someone asks if I want to tri lane, I just say no. People can't play it at all. Like in your Clinkz game you linked. That WD and your other support were just leeching so much experience from you and letting their Sven Wisp combo stay on same level as all of you until Nyx came.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I don't feel Invoker has a place mid lane anymore in the pro scene because of the Bottle crowing and his weak lane presence early. His base damage isn't nearly enough to get early advantage on the lane. Global presence is good but apart from that he really needs levels to shine later in the mid game. But it's hard with his laning ability now. I still think Invoker is a good hero and can work but I think the pros feel heroes like Magnus, Puck, QoP are simply better heroes right now because of their stronger laning and they can also have impact mid to late game.
    That seems to be the general consensus. Invoker doesn't have a massive amount to work with when it comes down to laning ability, which can put the mid lane in favour of more typical mid heroes. And when tournament games are having GG called 15-20 minutes into the game, having that early advantage, aggressive play, and heavy early-mid game presence can mean the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Tri lane in pubs is horrible. Every time someone asks if I want to tri lane, I just say no. People can't play it at all. Like in your Clinkz game you linked. That WD and your other support were just leeching so much experience from you and letting their Sven Wisp combo stay on same level as all of you until Nyx came.
    Well, they tried
    Though it's not necessarily trilaning that is the issue, it is lane control in general. The game I linked where I had Aui on my team I was laning with my friend (Gyro) who just incessantly pushed the lane. As Tusk/Gyro lane we could've easily zoned solo WR - the second she gets in range she eats shards/rockets and dies and she knew it. For the first two or so creep waves I was keeping her back but sure enough he wasn't even trying to deny and just auto attacking away so she got free solo EXP anyway. Just one more reason why I tend to make newer players on my team pick supports and never attack anything, you can actually damage your own team way too much simply by not controlling yourself.

Deleted
    Oh yes, they are on the spree again! I just received 7 more copies..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Oh yes, they are on the spree again! I just received 7 more copies..
    My theory remains... it's a point collection game! Fill out your card and receive a Techies!

...a man can hope.

Anyone else feels that Furion is the biggest joke ever everytime the game goes to endgame? :s With the 600-700 GPM regardless of what you do it will eventually make the hero so strong for counter push/backdoor if the other team even thinks about leaving the base.