1. #7741
    Moderator Kerdoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Troxhammar, Sweden
    Posts
    9,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    QPAD is a tier 3 team, nowhere near Na'vi atm. Skywrath is Dendi's favorite pubstomp hero, if u watch him streaming he picks it quite a lot for fun and giggles.I've seen EG ban the hero against Na'vi recently as first ban...when you use your first ban on that hero you might as well just type the gg at the start.

    Also,Valve should have invited KP to the International qualifiers, those guys actually had chances unlike QPAD/ICCUP
    I would not count Na'vi as a Tier 1 team at the moment either. They are not even close to be as good as they were in TI2.

  2. #7742
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    QPAD is a tier 3 team, nowhere near Na'vi atm. Skywrath is Dendi's favorite pubstomp hero, if u watch him streaming he picks it quite a lot for fun and giggles.I've seen EG ban the hero against Na'vi recently as first ban...when you use your first ban on that hero you might as well just type the gg at the start.

    Also,Valve should have invited KP to the International qualifiers, those guys actually had chances unlike QPAD/ICCUP
    Nobody in the qualifiers has any real chance, neither does KP
    I'm not really interested in teams that'll go to TI3 just to lose 2 games and get eliminated
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

  3. #7743
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Nobody in the qualifiers has any real chance, neither does KP
    I'm not really interested in teams that'll go to TI3 just to lose 2 games and get eliminated
    It's probable, but there's a lot that could happen between now and August in terms of practice and 6.78 so I wouldn't be absolutely certain about that. And the Eastern qualifiers certainly have strong teams in Rattlesnake and Vici.

    In related news, LGD.cn lost their invite to TongFu because they dropped longDD from their roster.



    Manni | paragon.fi | Lysah reigns supreme!

  4. #7744
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    In related news, LGD.cn lost their invite to TongFu because they dropped longDD from their roster.
    I guess that's not what you'd call "some HoN-level bullshit".

  5. #7745
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    It's probable, but there's a lot that could happen between now and August in terms of practice and 6.78 so I wouldn't be absolutely certain about that. And the Eastern qualifiers certainly have strong teams in Rattlesnake and Vici.

    In related news, LGD.cn lost their invite to TongFu because they dropped longDD from their roster.

    From what I've heard, it's because they changed their roster 4 months ago, whereas TongFu hadn't changed in 5 months, or something like that.

  6. #7746
    High Overlord Ragu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lone Oak, TX
    Posts
    177
    I need to find a new game, I can't stand people in this game much longer. It's not that they're rude, i'm finding this community way better then LoL, but man these people really need to be playing bot games. Every night I get games where someone on my team dies on average 7 times within around 8-9 minutes. I can only win if I play nyx, which is cheating at the low rank im at. I'm only lvl 9 with 102 wins, so im not that great, but at least I had experience coming into this game from League. I dunno, I think I need a break from the dota genre for a while, might go back to WoW and play the Horde for once, only stuck with alliance out of friend convenience. Im Ragu on steam if you wanna group! Maybe i'll have better luck not doing solo this whole time.

  7. #7747
    not to be rude or something ... but you get players around youre skills level :| if you wont to many games in a row you cant avoid a few losses and probably some really bad players but that's not so often ...

    also lvl 9 and 100-200 games are pretty little tbh ... i sometimes get that random feeder but not so often , just stomp with nyx a few games and you should get better players with you and vs you ...

  8. #7748
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragu4 View Post
    Im Ragu on steam if you wanna group! Maybe i'll have better luck not doing solo this whole time.
    I'd add you but Ragu is too vague to find on steam, so you can add me: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197983522709

  9. #7749
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Fir_ost View Post
    not to be rude or something ... but you get players around youre skills level :| if you wont to many games in a row you cant avoid a few losses and probably some really bad players but that's not so often ...

    also lvl 9 and 100-200 games are pretty little tbh ... i sometimes get that random feeder but not so often , just stomp with nyx a few games and you should get better players with you and vs you ...
    Ultimately that's what it kinda comes down to.

    I still get the odd idiot and but far more commonly my issue is finding a person who legitimately knows how to support is a Christmas miracle, and by that I simply mean letting the Carry get the LH's and Warding along with buying the courier nothing more nothing less.
    Hence why I enjoy playing support in dota (I enjoy support roles anyway in other games) as I can play and know I'm doing something right. Heck today a guy added me on Steam after a game we played because he said I was a good support. That was nice.

    But what it comes down to with this train of thought is that just because you know stuff about how to play doesn't mean you yourself can execute it well and that's how I feel about my own experiences atm. Knowing how to play and actually playing well are two different things.

  10. #7750
    Pandaren Monk Maruka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,935
    Is anyone going to the tourney in Seattle? Just wondering if anyone had luck getting tickets, if they actually sell out like ultra fast type thing and what they cost? I see on the game they arent currently available which means they were late or all sold out in 20 mins!

    edit: that was worse than trying to get a blizzcon ticket lol, i didnt get crap oh well
    Last edited by Maruka; 2013-05-07 at 06:21 PM.

  11. #7751
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    From what I've heard, it's because they changed their roster 4 months ago, whereas TongFu hadn't changed in 5 months, or something like that.
    It has nothing to do with what happened months ago. 4 months ago DD went on a sick leave or something and was replaced by longDD, previously of team DK. However after that roster was formally invited to TI3, longDD was dropped from the team and DD was invited back, and Valve didn't like that because they're very strict about shuffling rosters after being invited, so now LGD.cn have to fight their way in through the East qualifiers if they want a shot at it. In my opinion it's not a bad thing to enforce your rules, but I wouldn't be so sure if TongFu was the team that deserved their invite the most.

    Meanwhile it looks like Valve have already figured out one way to improve TI from last year: http://blog.dota2.com/2013/05/introd...ve-compendium/ bringing extra content while increasing the prize pool.



    Manni | paragon.fi | Lysah reigns supreme!

  12. #7752
    Interesting, let's make the first bet on how high the prize pool will get from the fans. A great time for the community to show how much better it is than LoL's, but time will tell if they pull through =p

  13. #7753
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Interesting, let's make the first bet on how high the prize pool will get from the fans. A great time for the community to show how much better it is than LoL's, but time will tell if they pull through =p
    And with your statement my opinion of the community gets worse.

  14. #7754
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    It has nothing to do with what happened months ago. 4 months ago DD went on a sick leave or something and was replaced by longDD, previously of team DK. However after that roster was formally invited to TI3, longDD was dropped from the team and DD was invited back, and Valve didn't like that because they're very strict about shuffling rosters after being invited, so now LGD.cn have to fight their way in through the East qualifiers if they want a shot at it. In my opinion it's not a bad thing to enforce your rules, but I wouldn't be so sure if TongFu was the team that deserved their invite the most.
    Ah, that makes more sense then, LGD changing their roster after being invited.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daraiki View Post
    And with your statement my opinion of the community gets worse.
    What's wrong with giving fans a chance to willingly increase the prize pool, as well as get some nice perks out of it for themselves too?

  15. #7755
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Interesting, let's make the first bet on how high the prize pool will get from the fans. A great time for the community to show how much better it is than LoL's, but time will tell if they pull through =p
    I'll be surprised if it won't at least add another 100k USD to the prize pool, but getting the total pool even close to 2 million seems like too much, even if they add more items that increase it. I guess there will be new pennants too, but that money just goes directly to teams I suppose.

    On a related note I'm expecting concurrent viewer numbers to peak above 250k in Twitch during the finals or whatever across all but the Chinese streams.



    Manni | paragon.fi | Lysah reigns supreme!

  16. #7756
    Bloodsail Admiral hiragana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,193
    Well after 100 games im at exactly 50/50 lol. Most of those loses were while playing as a team with friends though haha. Having fun at the moment, but damn its annoying when a team stomps your ass then takes forever to win the game. I might actually buy something from the store now im on about 120 hours played.

  17. #7757
    Should be a concede button after the 20 min mark imo.

  18. #7758
    Quote Originally Posted by reighnman View Post
    Should be a concede button after the 20 min mark imo.
    No... it was a Huge issue in HoN, People would get killed and would immediately start spamming the button at 15min. There are slim chances you could win 3v5 and 4v5, my self and several friends have actually done 3v5's and pulled out a win, if the button had existed, then we wouldn't have had such amazing games, or turnarounds.

  19. #7759
    Why I am so stupid to play support in pubs again and again. The one carry in 10 games who can actually last hit is not worth the 9 games you have to watch this pathetic performance....

  20. #7760
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    No... it was a Huge issue in HoN, People would get killed and would immediately start spamming the button at 15min. There are slim chances you could win 3v5 and 4v5, my self and several friends have actually done 3v5's and pulled out a win, if the button had existed, then we wouldn't have had such amazing games, or turnarounds.
    Comebacks happen a lot on pubs, hence you don't really need concede. Even if you can't rely on your team to win, you can always trust that it's never impossible for the enemy to throw a certain victory. And you should know that no matter how much you're ahead it's still possible that your teammates are going to throw it, but Lysah can tell you more about that.



    Manni | paragon.fi | Lysah reigns supreme!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •