Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grelsha View Post
    Morning all

Have been checking out a few vids of Dota after playing some LoL - wondered if anyone had a spare key floating around?

Cheers
    pm me your steam id and ill hit you up with a key

Morning all

Have been checking out a few vids of Dota after playing some LoL - wondered if anyone had a spare key floating around?

Cheers
    I have a few dozen http://steamcommunity.com/id/hermanni-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Man, I've had some incredible games where my teams ancient was half hp while their base was still up with full t1 towers. I think it's been weeks in a row since I win quite a bit such games. Forfeit button? That shit is for pussies. If you want to abandon, go ahead and quit dota and get the abandon, don't be a pussy.
    No you didn't. There is no way you can come back when your ancient is at half hp(which assumes at least 1-2 lanes of barracks taken) and they still have full t1 towers. Simply put, there is an insurmountable gold lead on the enemy team and the creeps your team is killing give back half of gold and experience. By all means feel free to link a replay.
    There is no such thing as an "insane comeback", at least not at very high level. Either the team that's behind has a much better teamfight potential or a farmed carry with a much higher potential then the other team's carry. Or maybe i gave you a rapier that makes my team lose 6200g and makes your team gain 6200g, making a 12k difference become 0. The fact that the score is 10 for radiant and 3 for dire doesn't necessarily mean the radiant is in the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    No you didn't. There is no way you can come back when your ancient is at half hp(which assumes at least 1-2 lanes of barracks taken) and they still have full t1 towers.
    Yes there is, and it's called throne rushing. And it happens on all levels of play.

I can link you replays of me losing games where I was up 2 lanes of rax with all my towers if you want.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/70781545
    Here you go. We probably forced at least a dozen buybacks from Jugg and AM but all it takes is one aegis and one unfair team fight and the throne is dead before you can respawn. I don't remember if we broke their core towers before we lost, though, sorry.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-05-12 at 02:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I can link you replays of me losing games where I was up 2 lanes of rax with all my towers if you want.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/70781545
    Here you go. We probably forced at least a dozen buybacks from Jugg and AM but all it takes is one aegis and one unfair team fight and the throne is dead before you can respawn. I don't remember if we broke their core towers before we lost, though, sorry.
    Replay expired. Are you telling me that you think Radiant did a comeback in this game though?

Replay expired. Are you telling me that you think Radiant did a comeback in this game though?
    Oh yeah, forgot about that. I was 11-0 spiritbreaker at one point, so yeah, they certainly did. It took Antimage 45 minutes to finish Manta which was his only item at that point, but they always had 2+ buybacks waiting for when we won team fights.

Deleted
    I have to thank you lysah for inspiring me to play invoker carry style.God this shit is good.I go for phase boots,crystalys and gloves of haste as a beginning build.
    Invoker like this is so powerful it's almost like the general image of him being a caster is just a distraction from his real power,right click destruction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get this mentality of "OMG I'M LOSING I WANT TO QUIT AND STOP TRYING RIGHT NOW, I WANT TO WIN EACH AND EVERY GAME AND LOSING IS NOT FUN".
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I don't get this mentality of "OMG I'M LOSING I WANT TO QUIT AND STOP TRYING RIGHT NOW, I WANT TO WIN EACH AND EVERY GAME AND LOSING IS NOT FUN".
    Both my HoN-playing flat mates are like this.
    "Hey man, nice game?"
    "Yeah!"
    "Did'ya win?"
    "Yep."

"Hey man, why were you screaming your lungs out earlier?"
    "These fucking noobs in my team won't listen when I tell them to do things!"
    "Did'ya win?"
    "No."

If you end up more frustrated after playing a game (about 50% of the times you play it) than compared to when you started playing it, you're doing it wrong. It's only game.

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    I have to thank you lysah for inspiring me to play invoker carry style.God this shit is good.I go for phase boots,crystalys and gloves of haste as a beginning build.
    Invoker like this is so powerful it's almost like the general image of him being a caster is just a distraction from his real power,right click destruction.
    Alacrity build? I've been disappointed that no one has used it pretty much at all in d2. It's pretty hilarious to run around with 300 damage at level 10 and two hit supports and hypers. Just because your team is 5 int doesn't mean you have no carry!

Deleted
    Oh yeah, forgot about that. I was 11-0 spiritbreaker at one point, so yeah, they certainly did. It took Antimage 45 minutes to finish Manta which was his only item at that point, but they always had 2+ buybacks waiting for when we won team fights.
    At the end of the game AM has 339 cks, Jug has 483,Enigma has 247 and WR has 174. You're remembering the game with roze tinted goggles if you really think they won 1 teamfight and completely turned it around.

At the end of the game AM has 339 cks, Jug has 483,Enigma has 247 and WR has 174. You're remembering the game with roze tinted goggles if you really think they won 1 teamfight and completely turned it around.
    What part of constant buybacks did you miss? Why even look at stats when you don't notice that AM has 31k gold farmed and 14k worth of items, or WR has 21k gold and maybe 9k worth of items?

Deleted
    Alacrity build? I've been disappointed that no one has used it pretty much at all in d2. It's pretty hilarious to run around with 300 damage at level 10 and two hit supports and hypers. Just because your team is 5 int doesn't mean you have no carry!
    exactly it's crazy,I really used to underestimate the 2 forge spirits,they're really powerful.
    What do you think about double crystalys on invoker?I tried it a few times and it seems solid

What if I used a crystalys on juggernaut,would the crystalys override his own crit or the contrary?
    Last edited by mmocba4f7a59a4; 2013-05-12 at 04:55 PM.

exactly it's crazy,I really used to underestimate the 2 forge spirits,they're really powerful.
    What do you think about double crystalys on invoker?I tried it a few times and it seems solid

What if I used a crystalys on juggernaut,would the crystalys override his own crit or the contrary?
    The last gained source of crit takes precedence. You can stack sources of crit but they are separate rolls, so every source you add gets diminishing returns and is worth even less than the previous. It is generally not worth stacking crit because the item itself is not very cost effective. If you're wanting to carry with Invoker there are better items for the cost, such as shadow blade, finishing daedalus itself, eye of skadi, mjollnir, MKB if necessary, manta style, or even buying a sheep stick for effect.

Deleted
    The last gained source of crit takes precedence. You can stack sources of crit but they are separate rolls, so every source you add gets diminishing returns and is worth even less than the previous. It is generally not worth stacking crit because the item itself is not very cost effective. If you're wanting to carry with Invoker there are better items for the cost, such as shadow blade, finishing daedalus itself, eye of skadi, mjollnir, MKB if necessary, manta style, or even buying a sheep stick for effect.
    hmhm guess thats why my 3xcrystalys build for giggles wasn't as wrecking as expected,though double daedalus was a very fun experience

Cheers for offering me a key guys! Have managed to grab one!
    Vi veri veniversum vivus vici - By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Deleted
    Cheers for offering me a key guys! Have managed to grab one!
    grats

so whats with the new ''find a match solo'',any good information about it?

grats

so whats with the new ''find a match solo'',any good information about it?
    You're queued with and against players who queued solo. No chance of getting a stack on either side. That's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Least Picked a dead mode or something? I've been in the queue for 2 hours on multiple servers with no luck whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    If you end up more frustrated after playing a game (about 50% of the times you play it) than compared to when you started playing it, you're doing it wrong. It's only game.
    Shouldn't stop you from taking it seriously.

Serious question since you seem more experienced on the matter - how are you supposed to ease up in a game like Dota 2 while still playing near your maximum?