Deleted
    The nerf to gyro just seems too big. I agree some sort of a nerf was needed but 30 seconds flak just seems hero breaking.

He is still a ganking machine, it will probably be changed to 25 once he stops being picked like crazy. I like new aghanim effects, they are a huge step up from usual boring dmg/cooldown change.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    It's a DotA 1 patch, the hero and item updates will likely be ported shortly but the heroes will be added to the end of the list, behind all the other heroes who still need to be added.
    parity patches take a week to hit the test server and another week to hit live servers

what a good ass patch

TYBIF

Bloodseeker already wasn't a bad hero, just misunderstood. Rupture is one of the most ridiculous spells in the game already and ignoring magic immunity will only make it that much better.

I'm more excited for Spiritbreaker changes, considering CoD now hits his main target for a substantial nuke.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-05-30 at 07:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloodseeker already wasn't a bad hero, just misunderstood. Rupture is one of the most ridiculous spells in the game already and ignoring magic immunity will only make it that much better.

I'm more excited for Spiritbreaker changes, considering CoD now hits his main target for a substantial nuke.
    Meh, 300 physical isn't a huge deal, though it's better than nothing.

Bloodseeker's biggest issue now, IMO, is going to be his ridiculous cast point... it's almost as bad as Omni's tebowing.

---------- Post added 2013-05-30 at 09:05 PM ----------

Looking forward to seeing how Huskar rework shakes up. BB rework takes care of his biggest issue - vulnerability to spells. The lower his HP gets, the harder he becomes to nuke down.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

omniknight first pick/ban every pro game cuz his ulti is global and works on towers with ags lolol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TranceMonster View Post
    omniknight first pick/ban every pro game cuz his ulti is global and works on towers with ags lolol
    It'll pretty much force people to fucking realize Omni isn't and never has been a ward bitch support, he's a semi-carry that needs farm and levels. A support Omni could never afford Agh's... but a semi-carry Omni can.

Honestly I expect it'll reorient my build order on Omni now. Refresher+Agh's is going to be too good to not have by late game. Thinking maybe Arcane Boots, Oblivion Staff, and Blink Dagger for early game, make Agh's next (maybe get Point Booster before blink), then finish Refresher if game goes late enough. Mana boots and ostaff should eliminate mana issues, early ostaff also allows you to get orchid instead if needed, blink dagger takes care of Omni's need for positioning and allows effective chasing.

Refresher Omni will be really scary. Assuming you have mana to support it, you can give two people BKB, drop two 360 heals, and have up to 14 seconds of physical damage immunity. Really, Agh's upgrade for Omni will in a lot of cases be just an extra glyph, but that alone is probably worth the 4800 against an enemy team with strong split push potential. Instead of immediately having to TP back, you can pop Omni ulti to take that t2 and still be able to get back in time to defend your t2/t3 from the split push.

And, of course, Omni with Agh's will counter Wisp ganks entirely.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Huskar won't get bonus damage anymore, so no more gibbing people in 3 hits and probably no more soloing rosh. Going 0 or 1 in spears and rushing armlet and IV won't be an automatic win anymore because he won't do so much damage. They simple changed his counter around from spell focus to auto attacks. Instead of being a counter carry he's a carry carry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um is it just me or is this patch not downloading and time remaining just keeps increasing?

Never mind, restarted my router and seemed to do the trick.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2013-05-31 at 06:22 AM.

Huskar won't get bonus damage anymore, so no more gibbing people in 3 hits and probably no more soloing rosh. Going 0 or 1 in spears and rushing armlet and IV won't be an automatic win anymore because he won't do so much damage. They simple changed his counter around from spell focus to auto attacks. Instead of being a counter carry he's a carry carry.
    He'll have good synergy with Nerif. Ult Huskar just as he's getting low, apply whatever heals you've got, and Huskar has 9 seconds of his pretty solid low health pressure, and then have him heal a pretty big chunk of health at the end of the duration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    He'll have good synergy with Nerif. Ult Huskar just as he's getting low, apply whatever heals you've got, and Huskar has 9 seconds of his pretty solid low health pressure, and then have him heal a pretty big chunk of health at the end of the duration.
    Meh. If Nerif's ult also turns off lifesteal it's not going to be much of a problem to simply kill Huskar while it's up.

Nerif won't be out for another two years anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting really tired of people that tryhard pick broken-ass hero combos and heroes in pub games and then talk shit all game, as if you're really good for picking a completely broken hero like Naix, or running a broken combo like Tiny-Wisp because you can't ban heroes in the gamemodes pubs actually play.

If you think you're hot shit, make an actual fucking team with the team matchmaking system, play CM against other teams, and watch your terrible ass get cornholed again and again, otherwise just admit you only win games vs disorganized pubs because of the hero being overpowered as fuck, not because of any relevant skill.

Like, seriously - how did Tiny escape terrible, terrible nerfs when he's a top tier carry that also has an AOE stun with a fuckload of burst that doesn't even require separate item paths? How is Naix still running around with a free 6 sec BKB on a 15 sec cooldown? And honestly I don't know how to nerf Wisp without ruining the hero; nerf spirits damage a little, maybe? But spirits aren't a brainless click-to-kill skill like most nukes and are simple to avoid because of the predictable speed and pathing.

The existing nerfs in 6.78 won't change anything because increasing HP drain on Overcharge just lets Wisp tether-heal that much more, and spirits will still give vision when they connect with a target.

Tiny's the one that really mystifies me, though. Is it just because pro teams are being stupid and not autowinning games with him right now? Like, are balance changes made purely based off of what's currently popular, rather than what's just broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Meh. If Nerif's ult also turns off lifesteal it's not going to be much of a problem to simply kill Huskar while it's up.
    It turns it off for the duration, but it still happens, and all damage and healing is applied at the end of the spell, with any healing done doubled. Between the massive lifesteal from the right clicks, as well as something like a mek (And urn, perhaps? It's possible it won't break while the ult is up, since you're technically not taking damage) and his purifying flames, you get a ton of healing done at the end.

Also, I didn't even think to mention, fates edict would ramp up Huskar's right clicking even more, which would be incredibly scary.

Nerif won't be out for another two years anyway.
    In DotA 2, perhaps, DotA's still relevant to a lot of people.

You're complaining about people picking heroes in pub matches and talking shit... welcome to pub matches.... no point getting mad at it if you also don't wanna vs people queing together and picking dumb combos then just que solo match and you probably won't have that issue..

Nerif ult meet AA ult?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Tiny's the one that really mystifies me, though. Is it just because pro teams are being stupid and not autowinning games with him right now? Like, are balance changes made purely based off of what's currently popular, rather than what's just broken?
    He has massive mana problems early game, and 0 base armour, which along with his terrible movespeed until level 6 means he's countered by an offensive trilane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladin456 View Post
    He has massive mana problems early game, and 0 base armour, which along with his terrible movespeed until level 6 means he's countered by an offensive trilane.
    He also has a phenomenal stun and insane burst for a carry. 0 armor is easily dealt with by buying shield and ring of protection. Mana can be dealt with by getting drums or just picking keeper. He has great base damage and it gets even better when he hits 6 and takes first point in Grow! (better than the next point in Toss, does more damage and also gives the ms bonus.)

By midgame with just scepter he hits like a truck, farms very fast, and in late game with good items he can almost literally 3-shot towers/rax, while still having that fucking ridiculous Toss combo burst to instantly kill supports.

By midgame with just scepter he hits like a truck
    Considering this is maybe the tenth time I see you write that, might I remind you that Scepter is a pretty negligible increase in damage? If you want to deal damage mid-game, there are a lot of better options. You generally get Scepter when you already deal enough damage, or when you're committed to farming and/or pushing.

He also has a phenomenal stun and insane burst for a carry. 0 armor is easily dealt with by buying shield and ring of protection. Mana can be dealt with by getting drums or just picking keeper. He has great base damage and it gets even better when he hits 6 and takes first point in Grow! (better than the next point in Toss, does more damage and also gives the ms bonus.)

By midgame with just scepter he hits like a truck, farms very fast, and in late game with good items he can almost literally 3-shot towers/rax, while still having that fucking ridiculous Toss combo burst to instantly kill supports.
    A stout and ring doesn't change the fact that he's a sitting duck in lane without heavy babysitting. With his subpar MS before 6, and massive mana cost on everything, just about any ranged hero can bully him out of the lane. Kotl is probably the best babysitter for him, but the same can be said for nearly any hero teamed with him, easily solved by a ban.

Apart from the start of the game, Tiny carrying requires a pretty substantial amount of items to really effectively carry, or 'out-carry' any of the usual picks. Obviously he can still make a support hate its life with a simple lothar's hit+Avalanche+Toss combo, but after that? No mana for anything, no sustained dps for fighting, not a whole lot to bring to a fight without getting a couple core items.

He's a pretty stellar carry and pusher, especially with a scepter, but there's a reason no teams naturally pick him as their 1 or 2, his start up and game presence outside of his ganking/nuking power aren't enough to make him a more viable pick (Excluding a Wisp combo).