Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    I would propose the following. Whenever someone leaves and he would get loot, award that item to someone who did finish the game and thus giving some incentive to keep playing even if you lack a player.
    I would counter-propose that anyone who stays in the game after someone in their team abandoned gets nothing, because nothing is more annoying than 1-4 players in the enemy prolonging a game for 15 minutes because they can't leave a lost and not fun game.

Manni | paragon.fi | Dota 2 forum | The golden rule: Listen to Lysah.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I would counter-propose that anyone who stays in the game after someone in their team abandoned gets nothing, because nothing is more annoying than 1-4 players in the enemy prolonging a game for 15 minutes because they can't leave a lost and not fun game.
    Isn't this a softer version of the "surrender" option, which many people don't want in this game?

Quote Originally Posted by GlowingInTheDark View Post
    IMO, most english-speaking casters take themselves and what they do way too seriously. Even if the game is shit and teams play terribly bad, they still try to be polite instead of making fun out of players' mistakes and bad decisions. I'm sure a lot of people would call this 'being professional' and appreciate that and I agree that this style of casting works very well if the game is entertaining by itself (in which case you don't need a caster anyway). But if the game is crappy, most english-speaking casters become boring as hell. They don't seem to realize that their job is not just to say what happens in the game but to entertain viewers.
    The main purpose of casters is to provide entertainment, not some in-depth analyze of the game. Entertainment equals fun, and I'm yet to stumble upon a single caster who is fun while being deadly serious. And, lo, dare I say, those casters that fail to amuse and entertain, are in fact unprofessional.
    Sure as sure

If you think it's not fun then leave yourself? Problem solved? Such dickmoves are of no use really. Either you have a small chance of getting something while staying, or you don't and leave. It's that simple.

You want to reward competition. Not punish players for someone who leaves.
    Last edited by Shuji V2; 2013-05-22 at 02:08 PM.

Actually staying in a game and 1v5ing is very fun, you have unlimited farm and can kill any enemy that overextends.

If you think it's not fun then leave yourself? Problem solved? Such dickmoves are of no use really. Either you have a small chance of getting something while staying, or you don't and leave. It's that simple.

You want to reward competition. Not punish players for someone who leaves.
    I'm not sure if you understand. Besides, I usually play in a group and often when we're leading 20-1 at least some of my teammates don't want to take a loss from such a game because 2 enemies left, so we have to play out a boring 15 minute game of enemies turtling in their base without a chance at winning.

When a game is abandoned it's over for me. If you're in the team of whoever abandoned and don't leave, to me you're 10 times worse than the actual leaver.

When a game is abandoned it's over for me. If you're in the team of whoever abandoned and don't leave, to me you're 10 times worse than the actual leaver.
    Maybe its different at very high ratings but in atleast half my games atleast 1 person leaves, often 1 person from either side. Id rather play a game with less chance of winning than quit everytime someone leaves. If 3 of the opposite team leave in the first 5 minutes i can understand your frustration though.

I'm not sure if you understand. Besides, I usually play in a group and often when we're leading 20-1 at least some of my teammates don't want to take a loss from such a game because 2 enemies left, so we have to play out a boring 15 minute game of enemies turtling in their base without a chance at winning.

The community is sorry for wasting your precious time, my lord.

I understand your frustration, but it's the same on the opposite side who want to play a match. In the end, it is a game where playing and competing should be central. That's why it needs such an option.

Like you said, YOU don't want to leave because it looks bad on your statistics. Well guess what, then you continue playing. Because the option of leaving is still there for you. Nobody is stopping you from leaving the game and no one should suffer from your statistics obsession.

Even though I understand it, it's just unreasonable to demand that. It's a personal problem the rest shouldn't be dealing with. So yeah, suck it up.

Anyone got a key I can use to access the beta? If you have, please private message me! Thanks in advance. Really looking forward to trying this out!

Edit: Code received - Big thanks to Zefie! I owe you one buddy!
    Last edited by Themessiah; 2013-05-23 at 09:27 AM.

trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    Hiya there guys! Im Iilil your friendly barcode. I switched Steam on today and noticed I have 12 Dota2 Beta Keys, if anyone would like one send me a private message on mmochamps and ill gift you the key.

Regular Dota

Ranked Only
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRu0xts_rpI

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Watched about 2 minutes total.

Saw rubick blow himself up with Alch cask and then get decked by Visage ult. Well played!
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now

Like you said, YOU don't want to leave because it looks bad on your statistics. Well guess what, then you continue playing. Because the option of leaving is still there for you. Nobody is stopping you from leaving the game and no one should suffer from your statistics obsession.

Even though I understand it, it's just unreasonable to demand that. It's a personal problem the rest shouldn't be dealing with. So yeah, suck it up.
    Don't say "like you said" and then paraphrase something I never said. When I'm solo I usually instaleave when someone abandons, but usually my friends wont let me quit a won game. I don't give a fuck about my stats.

Leavers aren't a problem for me, people who waste my time are. If leavers getting items is a personal problem for you, then I suppose I can give you your own advice and suck it up. I was never serious about what I initially suggested, I just wanted to point out that to many players someone who wastes everyones time trying to play 1v5 is a lot more annoying than a player who ragequits by typing "disconnect" in console and hitting the abandon button and letting everyone leave instantly. Hell, if I'm in a shitty game and someone in my team bites the bullet and instant abandons I wouldn't mind giving my items and BP to them.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-05-24 at 01:06 AM.

So, thoughts on a possible Sylla nerf: bear's death does 10/15/20/25% of Sylla's total HP as pure damage to Sylla instead of a flat 100/200/300/400. 400 HP is a lot early on, but by time Sylla is lvl 16 and has 2200 HP naked, it's nothing. Losing the bear should matter.

But then again, this further forces Sylla to put items only on the bear instead of the hero, and one of the most boring things about Sylla is how there's basically only one way to play that hero at a high level.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    MMOC IRC!

Ranged Syllabear > melee any day of the week, just takes a lot more control to pull off.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now

Leavers aren't a problem for me, people who waste my time are.
    That's a strange POV. For me, people that ruin the fun are the biggest problem in Dota. I don't care if the game takes 90+ minutes as long as it's fun. And 4v5 games sometimes may be fun as well. If it wasn't the case, people wouldn't argue so hard about the "concede" option.

Also, you seem to forget that you're not the only one playing the game, and that other people are not there for your entertainment. If they continue fighting in a lost game, it's only because it's fun for them. There's nothing wrong about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Losing the bear should matter.
    Reduce summon cooldown, but start it when the bear dies instead of after the cast. And fix the damn armlet.
    Last edited by Kjalar; 2013-05-24 at 09:19 AM.

Don't say "like you said" and then paraphrase something I never said. When I'm solo I usually instaleave when someone abandons, but usually my friends wont let me quit a won game. I don't give a fuck about my stats.

Leavers aren't a problem for me, people who waste my time are. If leavers getting items is a personal problem for you, then I suppose I can give you your own advice and suck it up. I was never serious about what I initially suggested, I just wanted to point out that to many players someone who wastes everyones time trying to play 1v5 is a lot more annoying than a player who ragequits by typing "disconnect" in console and hitting the abandon button and letting everyone leave instantly. Hell, if I'm in a shitty game and someone in my team bites the bullet and instant abandons I wouldn't mind giving my items and BP to them.
    Why are you getting annoyed by people who stay and want to play their game when clearly your buddies are the problem? Your buddies waste your time who demand you to stay, not those who won't leave and want to play a game. Those who stay may have limited time for just one game and consider those leavers a real time waste.

The point I wanted to make is that if you can't be bothered to play, you don't get anything either. And to prevent a massive disconnect fest increase the chance of a drop for those who stay.

Quote Originally Posted by GlowingInTheDark View Post
    That's a strange POV. For me, people that ruin the fun are the biggest problem in Dota. I don't care if the game takes 90+ minutes as long as it's fun. And 4v5 games sometimes may be fun as well. If it wasn't the case, people wouldn't argue so hard about the "concede" option.

Also, you seem to forget that you're not the only one playing the game, and that other people are not there for your entertainment. If they continue fighting in a lost game, it's only because it's fun for them. There's nothing wrong about it.

Reduce summon cooldown, but start it when the bear dies instead of after the cast. And fix the damn armlet.
    I remember in wc3 dota, we had 60 minute game where KOTL farmed the shit out of everything (he had skadi, buriza, bkb and hearth), but on ~50 minute he left the game (or got DCed, i don't remember) and we won 4v5 because we took his items and gold.

Currently, if you are frustrated by leavers, just abandon game, nothing will happen to you.
    I leave abandoned games only when it's 6 minute and we already 10 kills behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.