Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Even the grid view is worse than the previous grid...heh...

Finally played a game with 3 russians, first russian team since dota 1. Zefie was there, we had a lot of...fun...
    The new grid is annoying because if you click on a hero profile it defaults back to the new interface. I'm not a fan, should be an option in settings

seems steam wallet is the only way at the moment. I had to add $5 to buy a key just to try it out. Now to decide if I hold onto my remaining 2.51 for another chest or buy something cheap!

good advice
    dont play past 3am on EU servers
    i lost 7 games in a row because of russians leaving or afking ;_;

we were winning and wr just went afk

Where are all the altruistic mmo champion people with extra keys?

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Where are all the altruistic mmo champion people with extra keys?
    You can actually buy Beta invites for 39.99 on the store, not sure exactly how they work but if you know a trusted person who has Dota2 you could just give them the cash to get it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Freezymcgee View Post
    You can actually buy Beta invites for 39.99 on the store, not sure exactly how they work but if you know a trusted person who has Dota2 you could just give them the cash to get it for you.
    afaik you can buy dota invite without beta access just go to http://www.dota2.com/store/

Store is down (currently) and the official forums as linked by steampower which has the giveaways is having 504 gateway errors. :|

haha! just got a Fancy hat for the Kunkka and a unlockable box
    "#Got99ProblemsAndTreannAintOne" ~ElyPop

Hats hats HATS!
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now

High Overlord Ultraviolet Harmonies's Avatar
    I think I've figured it out, finally. The team you are not on get hats. You get boxes.

So what exactly are these items?

Visual customizations for each 'hero'?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Then the [MMORPG] genre started attracting more players. These players wanted more of a "game" and less of a "world" [...]

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    So what exactly are these items?

Visual customizations for each 'hero'?
    Basically, yes.

DOTA2 heroes you can dress up piece by piece unlike LOL where you have to have the whole outfit/skin.

DOTA store is still down. So I just pay $ for the key through my roommate who plays? (he can buy it) I wish I could just buy $30 in store credits to spend on in game items and get a key from that.

Mmm, that invite is pretty tempting. Still, $40 is kind of a steep investment; I don't really have any interest in the items. I'd much rather pay $20 for an invite alone than $40 for a bunch of crap I don't want.

That, or I'd rather the $40 include some battle point boosters or those "give goodies to everyone else in the game" things.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Mmm, that invite is pretty tempting.
    Agreed, but I'll wait myself for an invite from whoever whenever, or I'll wait until the game comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Agreed, but I'll wait myself for an invite from whoever whenever, or I'll wait until the game comes out.
    This. I know they've obviously made some money off selling that key, but I think the game will be out in Q3/Q4 sometime

"I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I loved how they announced DotA 2 as a free game and first thing you when you open the store is a "access to beta test" for U$ 40.

I loved the courier skins and Furion beards. I might buy some skins in a near future.

High Overlord Ultraviolet Harmonies's Avatar
    Valve is giving out free items to random viewers of DotATV right now. If you have someone in the game on your friends list, you can get in before DotATV opens (6 minutes into the game), and you'll get even more stuff. I was given five items just because I got in during the picks.
    Last edited by Ultraviolet Harmonies; 2012-06-06 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraviolet Harmonies View Post
    Valve is giving out free items to random viewers of DotATV right now. If you have someone in the game on your friends list, you can get in before DotATV opens (6 minutes into the game), and you'll get even more stuff. I was given five items just because I got in during the picks.
    how exactly does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    good advice
    dont play past 3am on EU servers
    so yeah....yet another night
    3 losses in a row

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    I loved how they announced DotA 2 as a free game and first thing you when you open the store is a "access to beta test" for U$ 40.

I loved the courier skins and Furion beards. I might buy some skins in a near future.
    Maybe that's why keys are so rare now.