Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    All the shitcunts end up in low priority quickly enough, which is where most of them stay. Most of my games lately have been fantastic, at least 3/5 people on the team communicating with the voice chat, there will be one person who guides the rest of the team around for roam ganks and the like, basically its been pretty great.

However due to an abandon I recently got stuck in low priority, and the difference between the two is just insane. Everyone in low priority is just terrible in every sense of the word. It got so fucking annoying that I ended up just making a new steam account for the 24 hour period, during which I went and destroyed some low level people. Was a bit dickish of me, but hell, after what I'd been through in low priority, I needed it.
    Yeah, someone else does that too... a bit more

All his accounts (because he got low prio from abandoning on smurf accounts)

Well, at least he plays with me when on a smurf account lol

Not really hidden for people who know who...

10+ Year Old Account
    All the shitcunts end up in low priority quickly enough, which is where most of them stay. Most of my games lately have been fantastic, at least 3/5 people on the team communicating with the voice chat, there will be one person who guides the rest of the team around for roam ganks and the like, basically its been pretty great.
    I don't know, I still see more foul people in my brother's bracket still. I wonder if it has something to do with the 2 reports per week meaning some still slip through. I don't know what Valve can do specifically but something bigger needs to be done in the lower bracket to make it somewhat more pleasant for newer players. Either way it's not a nice place for any player to be in.

I do feel sorry for him though . He's got the worst parts of the DOTA playerbase in his bracket along with the fact that because he's in the low brackets it's common to see 4/5 hard carrys on a team.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-06-04 at 12:19 PM.

had a game today: our line-up consisted of jugg, am, puck, necrolic and veno.
    so guess what, puck bought wards once, at 37.20 point, while veno was going carry build despite my best attempts to persuade him to support a bit, which he backed off with "dude its pub there are no supports in pub" and "stfu you walking frag lolol useless jugg".

So with veno gone carry build, puck being bloody awful, and necrolic rushing medallion of courage, we had a hard time agains ck/bane/pudge/zeus/clinkz, yet somehow we've won.

morale of the story?

"its pub, dude",
    and blade fury+healing ward build rocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    had a game today: our line-up consisted of jugg, am, puck, necrolic and veno.
    so guess what, puck bought wards once, at 37.20 point, while veno was going carry build despite my best attempts to persuade him to support a bit, which he backed off with "dude its pub there are no supports in pub" and "stfu you walking frag lolol useless jugg".

So with veno gone carry build, puck being bloody awful, and necrolic rushing medallion of courage, we had a hard time agains ck/bane/pudge/zeus/clinkz, yet somehow we've won.

morale of the story?

"its pub, dude",
    and blade fury+healing ward build rocks.
    It's hard to stress just how important wards are in pub games IMO. Getting just that little bit of extra knowledge on where your enemy team is/rune locations are for your bottlemid can easily be one of the deciding factors in a game. I honestly don't think there is any point where wards stop being useful, even when you've taken rax, popping an observer down where their tower used to be can be extremely useful in determining when its safe to re-seige their base. That's why I like to go full support build on shadow shaman every now and then, he is a hero that doesn't desperately need gold past his few starting items for mana regen, so you can just ward whore for huge parts of the game. Plus I feel like warding everywhere gives you that sense of power over a team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    while veno was going carry build despite my best attempts to persuade him to support a bit, which he backed off with "dude its pub there are no supports in pub" and "stfu you walking frag lolol useless jugg".
    I'm not sure why but it's rare for me to see a Venomancer or Venge ever go support. They're both pretty good support characters. I don't think it helps that the vast majority of the in-game guides are carry ones for both of them.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-06-04 at 01:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got fucking curb stomped by a 5 man premade. If there is one thing I have to give LoL, its that if I were to make a 5 man premade, chances are wed get put up against another 5 man premade. I know there is solo queue, but that is shitty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Daraiki View Post
    It's amazing how much whining is going on these forums.

If you want so desperately to win stack and try-hard and there you go +1 for your epeen and ego.

If you want something more fun and not so stressful go play a custom ardm dota with random sets of abilities.
    is this supposed to be a whining post or?

Just got fucking curb stomped by a 5 man premade. If there is one thing I have to give LoL, its that if I were to make a 5 man premade, chances are wed get put up against another 5 man premade. I know there is solo queue, but that is shitty.
    They do get queued against premade teams, but its not always 5 man premade. Sometimes its 4-1, or 3-2 againts 5. I can asure you that, since I play stack 3 or more with friends all the time and the rate we are matched against another premade team/couple of pair is like 95%.

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    I commend anyone for being able to cope with this game in a daily basis... Because I get games that shake me to the core with rage, every time. I like the game, yet I hate it, and it tears me apart.
    it gets better

DotA2 makes me want to shove crayons up my nose sometimes (every day).

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    DotA2 makes me want to shove crayons up my nose sometimes (every day).
    it gets better

it then gets worse

10+ Year Old Account
    i must have just hit an annoying bracket, every game recently theres been someone telling people to report people for feeding when a person dies once, even though by the end of the game they usually die the most. Having to use my mute button for the first time.

Well, I have a pretty good W/L rate myself -248 wins and 170 losses- -I used to play DotA, pretty good at supporting and occasional carrying-
    When we que with 5 people in grp, we see tremendously co-operating teams that are REALLY REALLY good -and we've been playing dota for 5 years+ now-
    Back in DotA, getting wards was lol, NOBODY was doing that. Seriously, that was SO EFFIN RARE. Having a courrier on your team was %50, you usually bought it late game where you needed to push a lane while the flying courrier gets the item for you from the secret shop.

Sometimes when not playing CM, people get fucking annoying comps like magnus+gyro+seer and such. So, what do we do? We get tinker+WR+furion -I'm pretty proud of my WR performance- Avoid team fights, push 2 lanes constantly, get 5 travels and gank people one by one -or 2- while pushing lanes like crazy. You might think we're assholes, but nobody is allowed to get seer+magnus+gyro and be treated kindly.

I almost always go mid with any hero even with melee carries and only loose my lane once every 3 months and that is usually with a squishy hero that i am not used to playing much , so when you farm gank and get kills every game you play , you know it is not your fault when you loose , helps reducing the amount of rage you fuel up , when a game is almost sure to be lost i usually end up doing everything trying to kill their overfarmed snowballing hero it keeps the rest of the game fun enough

I play with 2 irl friends who are bad to mediocre depending on the hero they pick so their rating is alot lower than mine , so we usually end up facing players that are better than they are but worse than i am
    Last edited by Anaralah; 2013-06-04 at 10:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is probably has a pretty obvious answer, but if group up with somebody with a blatantly higher/lower skill are we going to be grouped with people half way between our skill/rating or will it be the high or lowest of the two?

I gave up on playing supports in pubs, usually the carrys dont have any game sense and overextend into enemy, while I go ward/pull/tp other lane to help and/or have no clue how to lasthit, mids gank earliest at 9th level, even when their opponent already made 3 rounds on other lanes and innitiators sit back and jump into the fight only if they feel like they can KS as many kills as possible with their ultis or stuff. Usually I have to play the innitiator/ganker to actually have a good game, because if I dont set up the pace of the game, barely anyone will, occasional snowballers excluded. probably why I have highest win ratios with heroes like NS, nyx, gondar, magnus, naga, BM or venge and horrible win ratios on most of the supports. THo I gotta admit im horrible naix, i dont think i have ever won a game playing one, its usually either our team feeding or their team having one of those stunlock carrys like void or troll. Just today, I had a good game with naix, except their team mad magnus, void, prophet and zeus with hexes and lion. I was seriously on a verge of buying bkb just to be able to actually do more than being ultied by magnus and then stunned/hexed to death

Tbh i would not be mad at some mids not ganking and freefarming mid , i would obviously be mad if a pudge tried to keep farming , but i wouldnt mind invoker farming his euls and gibbing ppl afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    This is probably has a pretty obvious answer, but if group up with somebody with a blatantly higher/lower skill are we going to be grouped with people half way between our skill/rating or will it be the high or lowest of the two?
    from my experience it works sorta like the following

your friend has 1500 rating, you have 2000
    the average rating of your opponents will be more towards 1900 than 1750

Anyone else get 30 Dota 2 Keys when they logged into Steam today lol?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TranceMonster View Post
    Anyone else get 30 Dota 2 Keys when they logged into Steam today lol?
    I wish...