10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    What makes you think mana shield won't just tank all of this?
    Dunno, maybe she spams her snake too much and wasted all mana? =)

Also, i remember building Aghs from 2 ogre club + staff + orb for example, is it still true?
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-07-09 at 01:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    .....what? She sees people come out of smoke and uses her ult and walks away. There is virtually no combo that can do anything to catch up to her. If you're seriously bringing 3 heroes just to kill one of their heroes mid over and over they will just win top and bot and Medusa will just turtle up.

Hell, she doesn't even need to back off, because the stun from her ult is plenty of time for 1 or 2 people to TP in and pick up free kills on the fools who thought they could gank against stone gaze.
    You can be ganked before level 6, you don't realize how squishy she is or what? Don't need 3 heroes, 1 stun and she dies to the enemy mid in seconds for example.
    Stone Gaze costs 200 mana that Medusa probably won't even have at that time(and will 100% not have if up against lets say OD).

- - - Updated - - -

You'll have at most 2 points in Mana Shield(that would have went better in stats anyway) and a really low mana pool. I don't think you understand how easy it is to kill Medusa before she gets farm going, specially if she starts in mid lane.

Deleted
    I dont think many medusas take points to mana shield early. Myself i max mystic snake first for the insane mana drain from 1-2 ranged creeps with 1 point in mana shield and a few levels of stats to get a little bit of early damage to survive against the incoming onslaught (because lots of games end/are decided at ~25min mark)

IMO medusa has only few upsides (really nice harass with mystic snake if there isn't a hero with a mechanic that can avoid it easily, the fact that she is a ranged hero with a nice range)
    and a lot of downsides for example. low early strength, low early damage, not the best attack animation, loses to many popular mid heroes like. QoP, OD, Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I remember playing mid Lion against tiny and level 1 mana drain was enough to keep him at 0 mana.
    But against medusa, i had to get level 2 mana drain at 3rd level and stun+drain combo ate ~160 mana per use before she landed first arrow on me. If she don't runs away, i break drain and back off (still i don't remember being attacked by creeps for landing stun+drain combo). If she tries to break it, i keep casting and eat 160 mana more. With her low mana pool (i guess it's 350 at level 4?) it's enough to deny her snake harass and outside of it she has very low health, no mana shield and she will die as soon as you ding 6
    Havent been playing her for a long long time (dota1), but I didnt take mana shield early. Just mystic snake + point till lvl 7, so medusa usually is more buffier (is that a word?) than lion in your scenario. I also met quite a few aggressive lions with mana leech in my games, usually they need to walk to you past creep wave if they want to zone out your farming, which makes their intention clear and you can avoid that combo. I'm not sure, cant put it to words but in my experience I dont see much issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Well, Omni can repel someone on gank so he won't be affected by her ult. Like, Bara charges to Medusa, and Omni gives him repel so he have enough time to kill her
    afaik, Stone gaze goes through REpel and BKB.

Most ultis' effect go through bkb, but their damage doenst.

afaik, Stone Gaze does no damage

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    afaik, Stone Gaze does no damage
    I think you missed the part where he never mentioned Stone Gaze.

Meanwhile, http://www.dota2.com/thebetaisover/

Deleted
    Does anyone else in Europe have a hard time getting into a match? I waited 30 minutes until I gave up when it usually takes like 1-5 minutes max for a game to pop. :O

It could be that everyone is asleep, but I had no problems getting a game at this time last morning.

Edit: Queued russian location and got instant game, weird...
    Last edited by mmoc286748cea5; 2013-07-10 at 05:00 AM.

well obviously Dota2 is a russian game, made for russians and is played by russians

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I think you missed the part where he never mentioned Stone Gaze.

Meanwhile, http://www.dota2.com/thebetaisover/
    Yay, I got a Bloodstone.
    How do I click on ground with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Yay, I got a Bloodstone.
    How do I click on ground with it.
    btw, never had a chance(nor will) to test myself, but does clicking on the Bloodstone count as suicide?
    and if yes, is it not most awesome?))

Deleted
    btw, never had a chance(nor will) to test myself, but does clicking on the Bloodstone count as suicide?
    and if yes, is it not most awesome?))
    Yes it's a suicide.

How do you gear/play Omni? When watching streams and replays I often see people building him as a damage dealer. Is that a new trend or people just don't want to be a healbot? I only pick him against strong melees and always build him into mana regen to be able to spam (soul ring, mana boots, urn, sometimes eul if I somehow get enough farm/assists).

well obviously Dota2 is a russian game, made for russians and is played by russians
    I'm starting to think it's actually a spanish game. -_-
    While people keep bitching about cyrillic chars in chat, almost every game I played lately had 2-3 spanish-speaking people, who completelly refused to speak English or Russian. (I queue for RU, EUE and EUW)
    Last edited by Kjalar; 2013-07-10 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GlowingInTheDark View Post
    How do you gear/play Omni? When watching streams and replays I often see people building him as a damage dealer. Is that a new trend or people just don't want to be a healbot? I only pick him against strong melees and always build him into mana regen to be able to spam (soul ring, mana boots, urn, sometimes eul if I somehow get enough farm/assists).
    I'd assume that core for Omni is SoulRing+Arcaneboots combo.
    after that, I usually go for Mek/Pipe, depending on what my team needs most.
    Vlads is perfectly fine on Omni aswell.
    Generally speaking, I'd say aurabuild would suit support Omni pretty fine, but an Eul or a Force staff are legit if need be.

Deleted
    If you want to support Omni you need someone who can help you healnuke in the lanephase, often. Otherwise you're gonna contribute very little to the game beyond Repel and Gangel and if Gangel is down, well... Having Omni be a semi-carry instead lets him be less reliant on having a perfect lane partner.

It's more flexible, idk if it's more efficient but hey.

Deleted
    I'm starting to think it's actually a spanish game. -_-
    While people keep bitching about cyrillic chars in chat, almost every game I played lately had 2-3 spanish-speaking people, who completelly refused to speak English or Russian. (I queue for RU, EUE and EUW)
    It's not always a bad thing though. Everytime I see chinese/korean letters in chat I know I'm on the winning side.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is released!
    Was a little anticlimactic lol. Now gimme them new heroes.
    Looks like you get a bloodstone saying how many people you invited, a mighty 6 here haha.
    Last edited by hiragana; 2013-07-10 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    If you want to support Omni you need someone who can help you healnuke in the lanephase, often. Otherwise you're gonna contribute very little to the game beyond Repel and Gangel and if Gangel is down, well... Having Omni be a semi-carry instead lets him be less reliant on having a perfect lane partner.
    I don't think healnuke is a priority for Omni when laning. Of course, if oppenents aren't carefull, I try to setup kills with it, but most of the time I think the main goal is to save my carry from early ganks, so I try to save as much mana as possible and not harass with offensive heals.

Deleted
    I don't think healnuke is a priority for Omni when laning. Of course, if oppenents aren't carefull, I try to setup kills with it, but most of the time I think the main goal is to save my carry from early ganks, so I try to save as much mana as possible and not harass with offensive heals.
    It usually just feels like to me that if I don't play offensively I can't get my carry any space because they're just not scared. I can't contest if they want to go into our jungle and disrupt/pull the wave and if I spend heal and repel on my carry they just go for me.