Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Isn't it physical?
    It said so, but seeing they spoke about "life drain" it came across weird. ...Actually, lemme guess, it drains damage and the lifedrain is how much of this damage she regains as health? But anyhow, does this mean I should get more armor to tank it?

Pretty sure it's just ordinary physical, units that attack you but can't be targeted. Armor greatly reduces the damage it does, just like -armor on her team greatly increases the damage it does. Axe with blademail is one of the best counters for her, since she will kill herself in half a second while he takes 0 damage during call.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Pretty sure it's just ordinary physical, units that attack you but can't be targeted. Armor greatly reduces the damage it does, just like -armor on her team greatly increases the damage it does. Axe with blademail is one of the best counters for her, since she will kill herself in half a second while he takes 0 damage during call.
    Wait, will Legion Commander's AoE nuke count these spirits when adjusting damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Wait, will Legion Commander's AoE nuke count these spirits when adjusting damage?
    No I don't think so, they're not actual units they just act like it.

It helps to keep in mind that all the old, old heroes were made with a simple map editor. Freezing Field, for example, summoned a unit in a random location that cast frost nova on itself and then unsummoned, and did this on repeat for the duration of the ult.

They could have easily made DP ult magical, but I think it makes more RP sense (lol) for it to be physical, since the ghosts are literally attacking stuff. When it was created it was probably just easier for it to be physical.

To be fair I much prefer WC3's map editor over SC2's. WC3 editor was easy to get into but had a lot of depth. SC2's map editor is best summed up as running headfirst into a brick wall.

/end of tangent

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    I caved and bought the arcana for legion and the iceiceice invoker set. Glad the arcana is just the weapons, will be good to be able to change her helm lol.
    That legion arcana is hopefully not the future of arcanas, because the hero looks like shit without it.

It said so, but seeing they spoke about "life drain" it came across weird. ...Actually, lemme guess, it drains damage and the lifedrain is how much of this damage she regains as health? But anyhow, does this mean I should get more armor to tank it?
    While higher armor reduces the dmg from that ult, my suggestion is either to kill Death Prophet insanely fast or to back off for the duration.

Axe with blademail is one of the best counters for her, since she will kill herself in half a second while he takes 0 damage during call.
    wouldnt blademail reflect no damage if axe takes no damage

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    wouldnt blademail reflect no damage if axe takes no damage
    I believe blademail reflects damage pre-reduction, I could be wrong about this one though.

I believe blademail reflects damage pre-reduction, I could be wrong about this one though.
    armor reduction is calculated before blade mail is applied

http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21493

10+ Year Old Account
    armor reduction is calculated before blade mail is applied

http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21493
    Which is why you should laugh when Axe buys one.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I don't believe you or him, I've killed DP plenty of times in doto 1 with blademail axe.

I admit I haven't tried it in 2 though, I play Axe as a carry now anyway.

speaking of axe

i opened the chest with a level requirement from wraith night and i got an announcer:

who want this

Legit find 10/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Who DOESN'T want the Axennouncer? Axe is best announcer.

Deleted
    I got http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Scythe_of_Ice today from an 8000 fragments chest

Maybe I shouldn't play this much Legion Commander? I can't help but just enjoy playing her though.
    Last edited by Longview; 2013-12-22 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Maybe I shouldn't play this much Legion Commander? I can't help but just enjoy playing her though.
    fixed the link for you

how's that blade mail build going? any good?

fixed the link for you

how's that blade mail build going? any good?
    To be fair I often get Blademail relatively late, ie when we start doing teamfights. Either people are afraid of nuking themselves when they see the spikes or they just underestimate Legion Commander.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    I got http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Scythe_of_Ice today from an 8000 fragments chest
    http://steamcommunity.com/market/lis...the%20of%20Ice gogo.

Im enjoying legion commander but my win rate on her isnt great, think im still deciding what comps shes good with and who not to play her against. I seem to either stomp with her or just have barely any impact on the game.

i enjoyed lc back in dota too, but have to admit its very easy to own with her now, when she is bugged. her passive doesnt only strike back and lifesteal, no, it gives you buff for 0.5sec-max attack speed and lifestel appropriate for the level of ability. read something about it and it seems the buff is there because the passive resets swing timer, so you dont lose the attack. anyways, the result is that you lifesteal 2x that much-first time when you strike back and second time when you attack with the max attack speed with the buff. hope they will fix it asap