The nyx one is hilarious and the timbersaw one is actually quite impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Because the game lags massively when heroes get loaded into the game for a lot of people and would completely ruin creep blocking.
    Well they could just do it when the counter on the pick screen gets to 0.

Dear lord people are whiny in ranked. Get to lane, hear at least one person say "gg we lost" in less than 10 minutes (for no apparent reason no less). Teamfight go sour always followed by "gg noobteam" or shit like that. End of game is always two guys going "bg had russians".

Christ's sake. I won't be in the best of moods when games fail for the stupidest reasons, but the amount of these people is starting to get to me.

It's like they took the worst part of LoL and added it to Dota 2... wait...

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Thankfully I wasn't in that game. Bumping with annoying hero gifs

Nyx

Poor Nevermore.

check crystal maiden

Well, I had a lot of shit being thrown around, but it was quiet for a long time now. Ranked came out and, welp, here we go.

Deleted
    if i may offer some advice to newer dota players on here.

Win the game while you can, i reckon at least half the games i lose are because my team simply won't push with me when we had an advantage on thier carries only to slowly see it vanish and then we end up losing.

SingSing and Dendi stack on SingSing's stream right now, good stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    This dagon bane game is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    if i may offer some advice to newer dota players on here.

Win the game while you can, i reckon at least half the games i lose are because my team simply won't push with me when we had an advantage on thier carries only to slowly see it vanish and then we end up losing.
    I lost a few pug games the other day (and many others for that matter) because we would win a team fight at river and with 4 of their heroes down I go to push a tower and 3-4 others immediately run back to shop to buy something shiny. By the time we all group up for a tower push all 5 are up again.

I think a lot of new players just want the hero kills and don't grasp the importance of pushing with a numbers advantage.
    My hunter is the genetic love child of Liam Neeson, the Dos Equis guy and Chuck Norris. You lose.

<broken image snip>

what i hate is that most ppl are terrible at both pushing and defending pushes ,

when we are pushing with superior numbers they usually let opposing team nuke our creepwave and not try to kill when they are out of position so we can actually go high ground before they nuke the creepwave

on the other hand when we are defending base with some good counter push they fail to stay back and let the proper ppl do their job and get caught out of position , it is annoying how many times ppl get caught out of position when i have constant 3 marches clearing all creeps and keeping enemy at bay

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    All Random has been kind lately.
    Lysah's back must be hurting from carrying to that many wins.

That... was the least enjoyable match I've ever had, I think. Playing as Nature's Prophet in pure rat Dota mode...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    That... was the least enjoyable match I've ever had, I think. Playing as Nature's Prophet in pure rat Dota mode...
    I usually enjoy playing him but some of the most infuriating games ive ever played have been where ive been keeping the lanes pushed to buy time for our carry to jungle and then we get stomped after an hour anyway, just feels like im trying to stop the inevitable.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think my best highlight so far with Dota 2 was when i was playing rubick and i managed to steal enigma's ultimate and right after she got her's interrupted, i popped in and black-holed them all in....we won that match up : )

I figured I'll waste all my solo queue time training Earth Spirit and have gotten somewhat decent at it. I've had quite a few stompy early games due to this hero's ridiculous power at lvl 3+. Problem is however, that my team often can't follow up and we end up dragging the game forever, making us lose in the end, since ES falls off hard late game.

/endblog
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    I usually enjoy playing him but some of the most infuriating games ive ever played have been where ive been keeping the lanes pushed to buy time for our carry to jungle and then we get stomped after an hour anyway, just feels like im trying to stop the inevitable.
    Haha, I just had a team that was really difficult to deal with. They wanted me to solo offlane vs a Slardar, Bane and Shadow Shaman. There was no way for me to even leech XP safely, so I abandoned lane and went to jungle, and they threw an absolute fit over it.

One of those games where you just say "fuck it I'm doing my own thing", which somehow panned out in our favor.

Deleted
    Haha, I just had a team that was really difficult to deal with. They wanted me to solo offlane vs a Slardar, Bane and Shadow Shaman. There was no way for me to even leech XP safely, so I abandoned lane and went to jungle, and they threw an absolute fit over it.

One of those games where you just say "fuck it I'm doing my own thing", which somehow panned out in our favor.
    Why didn't they offensively trilane with their Juggernaut+Omni+CM? Seems like a free win.

Deleted

I'm not saying you did wrong since I didn't watch the game but sometimes the whole purpose of off lane is to occupy the supports, even if you don't get experience or gold. A Furion will almost always get gold and experience faster by jungling compared to off lane against more than one hero but that doesn't mean it's the best choice.

By leaving the lane you are basically telling their supports to either pull freely and get experience and gold, push the tower for free or roam around and get kills.

SuperSpeedyDinosaurs (SingSing, PieLieDie, and bOne7 as stand-ins for the remainder of SSD's Starladder matches):

Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2014-01-03 at 06:08 PM.