10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Ember Spirit
    Katana Douchebag.

Volvo should let me name their heroes at this rate.

Who's that scorching fellow?

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel somewhat blessed that nobody plays Earth Spirit in my average skill bracket. I only really see him about once every week or so if that.

Deleted
    I feed on the tears of earth haters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    I feed on the tears of earth haters.

Earth is a fuckin' Magnet.

When you lose three practice matches in a row to goddamn Medium Bots, it's time to put that hero on the banned list.

I proposed we use the abbreviation OP for Earth Spirit in SingSing's Twitch chat, it seemed to catch on quickly.

Deleted
    When i am against him in game i refer to him as "that earth mother fucker"

VOLVO PLZ. 12 games, probably more (not lying) in a row where I'm queued up single and go agaisnt a 5 or 4 stack. "Very rarely" my ass. Either matchmaking is borked up the fucking wazoo, or I'm in some cruel experiment by Valve.

Safe to say I'll be leaving DOTA 2 alone for awhile until this gets worked at because it's not fun getting steamrolled into oblivion and have people bitch at eachother over the course of the anal raping (without lube).

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    When i am against him in game i refer to him as "that earth mother fucker"
    It's fun when you notice that the player clearly hasn't ever touched the hero before though. You go into lane and he's spending way too much mana early, only rarely hitting you to begin with, etc. Just knowing that his skill-floor is above average is quite nice given his current state otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    only rarely hitting you to begin with
    I don't know how it's possible to miss his abilities. I admit I picked OP (thanks for the idea, noteworthynerd) a couple of times to try and understand how he operates and even though I'm terribly bad at microing stuff, I found that it's nearly impossible to miss his combos, if you initiate with a stun. And the stun itself is absolutely impossible to miss, since it's almost instant and the range is huge, so most of the time you can do it from the edge of the opponents's vision range.
    Last edited by Kjalar; 2014-01-18 at 12:15 PM.

His combos aren't generally hard. But in a vacuum, his kick is awkward to angle. The most common error I see is that they try and initiate with the kick when they don't have a good feel for landing it on their target.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm awful at the game. I can admit that. But I haven't won a game in 5 days. I played 10 games a day too. 40 losses now. I am at a COMPLETE loss as for what to do. Right now my options are: suicide, anti-depressants, go back into popping 7 hydrocodone's a day or go back to fist fighting in apartment parking lots. I have bad games, and they're my fault, that's fine. But the amount of non-English speakers in the US servers WITH the English preferred language filter, who absolutely REFUSE to help you cause your not queued with them, is......upsetting. I've tried new hero's, more practiced hero's, hitting the random button, picking counters. Nothing. NOTHING works. I'm now pegged with a communication ban for 24 hours for my extreme rage towards everyone now. I have to walk around my college like a madman for about 2 hours before I even begin to feel calm. I'm out of options in this game. I need help. If ANYONE who wants to dick around in extremely bad tiers, which I sadly find challenging, wants to help me win, I'll give you my Golden Greevill....okay maybe not that, but I'm just so lost. So.....lost.....

Please keep in mind that posting just to vent is against the forum rules.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2014-01-20 at 02:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id love to see that dotabuff.
    Usually if im on a bad loss streak i just start playing mids like shadowfiend, it feels like you have much more control over the game even if your team mates suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny ES doesn't seem OP to me. I can handle him...but...his statues annoy the crap out of me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    If you guys think you can handle earth, or that he isn't op - the guy playing him must suck.

He is the most broken as hell hero ever, which is generally agreed by everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    My 25th birthday was 14 days ago, does that mean I'm no longer a kid?

In other news, I finally finished my solo placement matches over the weekend: 3333 solo-MMR. I'm average! \o/

Can someone explain how the matchmaking works? Is it based on wins/loses or how you actually performed?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerath View Post
    Can someone explain how the matchmaking works? Is it based on wins/loses or how you actually performed?
    As far as I'm aware it only takes into account the MMRs of the people in the match and whether you win or lose.
    "Performance" would be a difficult metric to measure accurately and quickly.

Deleted
    Idd just feels a flawed system in that if your stuck with 3 russians in a party that refuse to communicate or help you no amount of skill fixes that =(

- - - Updated - - -

No offence to any decent russians btw. I'm sure its equally as frustrating having english speaking players on RU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerath View Post
    Idd just feels a flawed system in that if your stuck with 3 russians in a party that refuse to communicate or help you no amount of skill fixes that =(

- - - Updated - - -

No offence to any decent russians btw. I'm sure its equally as frustrating having english speaking players on RU.
    If you're getting matched with 3 "bad Russians" consistently enough that your MMR takes a serious dip, your enemies are probably getting matched with them as well.