Well, we were holding a pretty good advantage, but we weren't ever in a position to take highground basically that I recall. And over time, we were flat out outplayed as a team. Final fight I lost track of my position in the teamfight, but realized I was quickly melting to enemy fire tearing me a new one.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/678028651

Admittedly, it's probably misplays at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    Yeah same, a weaver with linkens and deso just owned my in about 5 seconds last time it went "late as brew"
    Weaver with a Deso does this to any hero, not just panda, you know :P I'm so glad that he is being picked a bit again. Not as much as in TI3, but still more often than in the previous 4-5 months. Weaver picks always get me glued to the screen for the next 45 minutes going "KILL 'EM LITTLE BUG, KILL 'EM ALL".

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    The logic behind this SF's items is "I'll buy everything I shouldn't".
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2014-05-29 at 11:50 AM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Sorry Mani but that's exactly what this forum has become. A bunch of 5k rated players(or people claiming they are) and their legions of fanboys. Opinions don't feel welcome anymore and that's probably the reason you see an influx of reports from frustrated people.
    I appreciate your opinion but I don't really see anyone being fanboyed here (I might fanboy Lysah a bit but I still tend to disagree with her a lot.) I see a lot of people are getting upset at posts like the one by Ariadne claiming anyone can win games solo at 4k MMR, but I don't see how that is offensive and why it would be not okay for him to state that opinion. You're welcome to disagree or dispute people whose opinions bother you or ultimately use the ignore function, but anyone being lower or higher than you in MMR shouldn't affect how your opinion is treated (at least, if it serves no point beside discrediting the user in question.)

MMR is a touchy subject because there's a fairly huge variance in, for example, what "4000 MMR" means and what 4000 MMR games are like depending on what region you play in, what servers you selected, what time of the day you play on and whether or not you're alone. It's easy to forget that other people might have a very different experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Weaver with a Deso does this to any hero, not just panda, you know :P I'm so glad that he is being picked a bit again. Not as much as in TI3, but still more often than in the previous 4-5 months. Weaver picks always get me glued to the screen for the next 45 minutes going "KILL 'EM LITTLE BUG, KILL 'EM ALL".
    Guess I was just taken back by being able to survive for the duration of my ulti b4 his deso and then suddenly get owned really fast tbh

Deleted
    I don't like Brew. I think his ultimate cooldown is way too long so you can fight around it and his ultimate is way too weak late game.

Where are the immortal items, volvo gib plox.

I laughed when I checked the compendium site yesterday because they updated the icons for the goals they added already, but still no word on the other ones.
    Oh well, eventually, but I'm holding out on buying more points until I see how the immortals look.

Also the only usage of Brew I ever see when playing is ulting to run away with one spirit lol

<snip>

Infracted. Please don't use the forums as a venting tool. -Hermanni
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2014-05-29 at 08:37 PM.

Riki is collateral damage against those 5 heroes, bkb or no bkb.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    Even when I innitiated as WK blink into the fights, the best he survived was 0.8sec. Good contribution. The moment TI4 is over I abuse the system and get myself a fresh 5k account.

Enough for me.
    Enjoy dropping back down to your current level in a complete and utter failure through each and every match as you fail to live up to the new MMR, I guess.

Deleted
    People are allergic to critisism or tips.

Ask riki to buy BKB at 15min mark vs WD/Zeus/VIper/BS/Razor.

40min into the game riki walks into the 5man with 929hp.
    Apparently bkb is to expensive item, meanwhile gets vlad, yasha and diffusal. OK.

Even when I innitiated as WK blink into the fights, the best he survived was 0.8sec. Good contribution. The moment TI4 is over I abuse the system and get myself a fresh 5k account.

Enough for me.
    I don't see why someone would take tips from a random stranger who is at same MMR as themselves. Why should the Rikimaru value your opinion higher than his own?

People are allergic to critisism or tips.

Ask riki to buy BKB at 15min mark vs WD/Zeus/VIper/BS/Razor.

40min into the game riki walks into the 5man with 929hp.
    Apparently bkb is to expensive item, meanwhile gets vlad, yasha and diffusal. OK.

Enough for me.
    That doesn't sound like something a BKB would of fixed alone. Unless they had a gem, what the heck was he doing that he would die that quickly? Sounds like he revealed himself a bit too early, allowing him to be tunneled, unless Zeus was getting lucky with his...W I think? The one that gives small area of true sight.

I dunno, I'm assuming someone else would have better reasoning than I about that, but just my two cents.

At a glance it sounds like his bigger issue was probably that the game reached a stage where you should be playing with the assumption that they always have truesight. And then he was caught out of position with no allies to back him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That doesn't sound like something a BKB would of fixed alone. Unless they had a gem, what the heck was he doing that he would die that quickly? Sounds like he revealed himself a bit too early, allowing him to be tunneled, unless Zeus was getting lucky with his...W I think? The one that gives small area of true sight.

I dunno, I'm assuming someone else would have better reasoning than I about that, but just my two cents.
    Zeus ult gives true sight, followed by either:
    Bloodrage = cy@ Riki
    Rupture = cy@ Riki²
    Both are undispelable by BKB, go through BKB (that's why I said him having BKB wouldn't change shit) and make Riki a sitting duck that just gets cleaved with whatever they throw at other heroes.

And Viper ult also goes through BKB doesn't it, come to think of it? And Razor's ult is physical, making BKB completely moot against it, and BKB doesn't stop Static Link. And hell, even if Riki had BKB the Static Link would just be on someone else.

All he's saved from with a BKB is Zeus' stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    And Viper ult also goes through BKB doesn't it, come to think of it? And Razor's ult is physical, making BKB completely moot against it, and BKB doesn't stop Static Link. And hell, even if Riki had BKB the Static Link would just be on someone else.

All he's saved from with a BKB is Zeus' stuff.

This does not look like a match up id ever build BKB against, their CC is limited and their counter to riki are mostly unimpeded by BKB. To me it sounds more like as others have said, poor positioning, im guessing very poor usage of smoke as well. I feel lower brackets really dont grasp that riki strength is not invisibility, as much as its combination with smoke, they can have vision of you but what matters in a teamfight is your smoke usage. Riki was a pretty poor choice to play against blood seeker in the first place really. Youd have to get perfect smokes to win a team fight with such teams, otherwise riki is toast.

Well, okay, he does get saved from a few other things with BKB, but there's still an overwhelming amount of damage. Far as I can tell he just flat out needs magic resist, health and armor to survive in that sort of situation. (Magic resist to reduce the effectiveness of Zeus' passive damage output when casting. Though I'm not sure that even works.)

The obvious problem was him not getting a BKB since I did soak pretty much everything but he had so negligible amount of hp that he simply died from zeus ulti and lightning bolt.
    The end of the day the game got out of control for his dmg to even kick in.

Another thing, dead dps does 0 DPS.
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2014-05-29 at 07:08 PM.

And? It doesn't particularly sound like just a BKB would solve all that, and besides it sounds more like misplays, since a Smoke Cloud would've silenced Zeus anyway.

Deleted
    Link me the game and I'll tell you how you could have won it and what Rikimaru should have built.

Deleted
    I like going against riki, really easy to gank and a terrible carry imo