10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    ^ this, stop rushing mom on sniper.
    MoM is extremely good, and could almost be considered core for the same reasons it's often considered core on Void. Both heroes are bashlord heroes, and both heroes have a bash that does a lot of damage when it goes off, 90 physical for Sniper, and up to 140 magical for Void. Sniper doesn't need damage early on, he needs attack speed, and he needs move speed. MoM gives you both for only 1900 gold.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't remember how many times i "ok mr moo-man you want to bash me? good luck with attacking me because i headshot you every time with my MoM on and you can't start your swing animation ololololololol"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    I max Q on sniper, get one W and then max out E.

Rush Phase and MoM and you can have a massive impact in early fights with little risk of getting killed.

Then build MoM in a Yasha for more move speed and then i'd get what ever I feel like (some times I build into manta, other times I get crit or mkb)

Nobody said MoM is bad, its a good item on sniper.

However, do not over emphesize on attack speed beyond either MoM or Mael/Mjollnir. I say you need 2x dmg items after attack speed item.

Generally I prefer Deso rush with phase/treads then MoM. You are guaranteed to 2-3 shot supports with desolator alone.
    If you get a decent farm early which is often a case for sniper that sometimes struggles midgame due to blink daggers innitiators, go for deso first. Building a MoM after will be much easier than finishing deso other way around and you will be already scary hitting for 250dmg vs paper heroes.

Hell, I even rushed sometimes desolator without boots or bare boots. The laning phase harras is crazy with 1/2 mithrils and 140-180dmg with headshot procs by 7min mark.
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2014-06-11 at 08:01 AM.

Deleted
    I hate Phase Boots on Sniper. He farms so slowly with them and only thing Phase helps with is laning phase and if you plan to go around killing stuff early with Sniper but the hero doesn't excel at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing with IAS on a sniper is that you need it in late game, but headshot gives you window of opportunity for IAS being effective in early game, 90 damage per proc is huge when enemies have around 500 HP, that's why, i think, MoM is very good item on sniper, it's very greedy item, but it's still good because of how good headshot is.

But it's not an item that you want to build when you are behind in levels and gold, your headshot procs won't do that much against enemy level 13 CK, so it's better to go for something more useful
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I hate Phase Boots on Sniper. He farms so slowly with them and only thing Phase helps with is laning phase and if you plan to go around killing stuff early with Sniper but the hero doesn't excel at that.
    Treads don't really do him many favors, either. Then again, I like phase over treads on almost every hero. I could be biased.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Treads don't really do him many favors, either. Then again, I like phase over treads on almost every hero. I could be biased.
    You get well needed HP. You farm faster. IAS scales with Headshot. Treads also scale better into mid-late game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally prefer treads because i can switch to int when i'm in desperate need of little drops of mana for assassinate

You get well needed HP. You farm faster. IAS scales with Headshot. Treads also scale better into mid-late game.
    All of this, plus threads help push lanes by switching to int before Shrapnel. Phase give you practically nothing once you leave your lane, except the movement speed boost and any hero that is a natural chaser will have Phase themselves, so you won't escape anyways 'cause Sniper is an ugly slow midget.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    How come every time I really want to play a game of dota or two, I am stuck at work?

Working the night shifts suck ass, got no one to talk to and can't play any games :/

10+ Year Old Account
    After watching a few of these BTS LAN games, I'm pretty sure Tinker needs to be nerfed. He's nothing extraordinary in an average player's hands, but at the top-tier pro level, there is no way that hero ain't OP. You can sit on him in lane and delay his bots, but he IS going to get bots eventually, and once he does it's almost impossible to stop him from getting farmed. It seems like the only option is to either stack up picks that perform well against him, or ban him so that they can't get him if you don't want to have to run those kinds of heroes.

Really like to see Rearm nerfed to 3/2.25/1.50 sec channel time. March of the Machines spam and permanent sheepstick (and no cd blink) are what make him OP as hell, but I think it's Rearm having such a short channel time at 11 and especially 16 that make the ability+item spam so possible. Reduces amount of time during sheepstick from 2.50 sec to 2.00 sec before it ends, after using Rearm... sounds like the change made to Alch stun back when, it's no less powerful, but makes it less idiot-proof and requires tighter timing if you want to keep someone permasheeped.

Shit, if we can make scythe of vyse a little less attractive, we might actually start seeing agh's scepter builds. I fucking love agh's on Tinker, but it's never picked up because permasheep is such a high priority

Deleted
    I think Tinker is strong for sure but don't think he needs nerfs. Tinker requires a lot of farm before he actually comes online and doesn't provide too much before that. He also doesn't fit all lineups because of his heavy farm requirement.

I also think pros will start learning how to stop a Tinker from farming that much. Farming patterns are getting very predictable and I think once pros played against it enough they'll figure out how most top-tier Tinkers farm and gank those places. Like when I watch Arteezy farm I often already know where he is going next to farm.

I don't like Rearm nerf. I like the concept of Tinker being about high skill cap and it being rewarding.

Aghanim's is shit on Tinker. Not only because Hex is so much better but because Aghanim's doesn't provide anything Tinker needs. Both Dagon first or Bloodstone first are better than Aghanim's in my opinion.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-06-12 at 06:27 PM.

slark need a nerf, op carry
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

I think Tinker is definitely nice as a hero concept and all, and before calling for nerfs I'd like to see more plays involving him just so Valve isn't swinging the nerfbat prematurely. A change in the meta might possibly just remove Tinker from the pool to start with after all, so it's crucial players get to actually use what they learn about Tinker against him too and can deal with him on their own, if possible.

That said, I do agree that something might have to change. Maybe Rearm should reduce cooldowns by a fixed amount of time rather than doing a complete reset? With some possible exceptions.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2014-06-12 at 07:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think LC would fair fairly well against a Tinker. If she gets added to the CM pool.

Then again, she does require butt loads of won duels to be effective.

And even then she still needs to be picked....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    I think LC would fair fairly well against a Tinker. If she gets added to the CM pool.

Then again, she does require butt loads of won duels to be effective.

And even then she still needs to be picked....
    Why? Because she can dispel Hex?

Why? Because she can dispel Hex?
    also duel cy@ tinker
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

There's no unique counter to tinker, 'cause he excels at both teamfighting and split pushing. You counter one, he still does the other. He's like the new Invoker.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

the truth has been spoken
    - Ronald Koeman.