Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    I literally just wen 19-2 with pudge and didnt hear it, guess I am deaf when going try hard

10+ Year Old Account
    stoped playing dota after fixed stunlocks =(
    it is fun, it has forest shop (if laner went to FoW, he has 4 routes, home, gank, shop or farm)
    creep and kill denial (when your creep or friendly player at low HP, you can last-hit it, so enemy won't take any money and will get half exp. Last-hitting player requires a dot that will otherwise kill him)
    destroyable trees and treechomper (remember eating 3-4 trees on top lane and hiding at a croner of the map)

League of Legends has its own engine which is developed for its only purposes, while dota had an WC3 engine, and had to adapt to it (int chars falling back at 18 level without dagon).
    For example, feeded pudge(str hero) will have 4k HP and insane HP regen. Feeded BH(agi hero) will 3-shot you out of stealth. Feeded ogre magi(int hero) willl... buff his agi hero with lust and pray for ult proc, since main damage spell hits for ~300 damage (against 2k HP chars)

dota is far more complicated game than lol, but this is bad and good thing in same time, because its awesomness comes from WC3 engine, and WC3 engine makes game clunky in same time

Ohm and i wanted to ask, do dota heroes still have this stupid mage resistance due to "Hero" type of armor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

"Remember me, for I will remember you!" <-- Guardian Angel on Invoker? O_O

I was excited for DOTA2 but now... omg.

[Is Zeus Karthus? Or rather the other way around?]

Quote Originally Posted by Freezymcgee View Post
    I literally just wen 19-2 with pudge and didnt hear it, guess I am deaf when going try hard
    he is goin to say it only when you use ulti but not always

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post

League of Legends has its own engine which is developed for its only purposes, while dota had an WC3 engine, and had to adapt to it (int chars falling back at 18 level without dagon).
    For example, feeded pudge(str hero) will have 4k HP and insane HP regen. Feeded BH(agi hero) will 3-shot you out of stealth. Feeded ogre magi(int hero) willl... buff his agi hero with lust and pray for ult proc, since main damage spell hits for ~300 damage (against 2k HP chars)

Ohm and i wanted to ask, do dota heroes still have this stupid mage resistance due to "Hero" type of armor?
    int heroes are very usefull in late game they still bring tons of utlity spells, hex and nukes vs enemy supports
    also dogon sucks
    and yes all heroes have basic magic resistance
    why is that stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    "
    karthus ulti is based on zeus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    "Remember me, for I will remember you!" <-- Guardian Angel on Invoker? O_O

I was excited for DOTA2 but now... omg.

Item called Aegis of the Immortal dropped by Roshan (Baron Nashor). Instead of giving a global buff, he drops the Aegis which acts as a full revive once the hero dies. After his 3rd death he also drops Cheese, a massive heal/mana restore item. Or you can buyback, both are would most likely trigger his Respawning Quickly quotes.

Karthus is very close to Zeus. Both share a spammable ability which is their core (Zeus himself has low CD spells which synergize with his 3rd ability). Their ultis are basically the same thing, except Zeus's grants sight & the damage is instant.

DotA is still about the items. Casters don't need them to do their damage, carries do, and tanks for the most part do to do their job. For this reason ints (typically) are very useful for a spot or three on the team because they can give up their farm and buy the support stuff without taking a huge hit. Also, their damage is extremely high in the early stages of the game, a well played team of ints can easily win a game in 12 minutes.

Of course, DotA2 is missing several of the key heroes that make this possible, and it's pretty easily countered, but there you go. Don't that because 300 sounds small against 1800 health that it actually is. Earthshaker, Queen of Pain, Zeus, Krobelus, Lich, Dark Seer, etc. - all of these casters are capable of putting out thousands upon thousands of AoE damage, even more than fed APs in LoL can speak of. Hell, QoP with scepter can do an instant 3k if she hits the entire enemy team with her ult. Necro with scepter kills you instantly the second you hit 60% health, regardless of how much health that actually is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    Those rtards from Valve are going to piss on blizz IP even more?

Dota2 gonna be free to play? If no, then it's a no-brainer to me: LoL all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Those rtards from Valve are going to piss on blizz IP even more?
    Cuz Blizzard own the words "Fresh Meat" amiright? blizz should sue every butcher shop internationally

Deleted
    Not like that, but notice how they put in-your-face reference to the other game from the company they've stolen this one.

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Not like that, but notice how they put in-your-face reference to the other game from the company they've stolen this one.
    I hope you're kidding. DotA was a MOD. So Blizzard did nothing to improve it or make it a reality. Everything was done by players and players alone. The only entitlement Blizzard has are names and certain models. Saying valve is "stealing" is quite ironic considering Blizzard wasn't even remotely associated with the game.
    Last edited by Thigrai; 2012-03-14 at 02:37 PM.
    Signature by Tacy :]

Not again this Blizzard-Valve-DotA discussion please.

Anyone happen to have a spare invite?

I'd like to give this game a try.

Don't really want to bring up a dead (and boring) discussion but add "Starling" on Steam and watch my tiny in a 5v5 against some very good players (90%+ winrate in dota1). Maybe it won't convince you, but it'll be a start.

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaz View Post
    Anyone happen to have a spare invite?

I'd like to give this game a try.
    I've been waiting for more then 10 months for an invite =/ If u get one send me one aswell

How is mortred nowadays in dota 2? I miss mortred and spectre. :<

PA hasent been implemented yet , but spec is awesome as always

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Don't really want to bring up a dead (and boring) discussion but add "Starling" on Steam and watch my tiny in a 5v5 against some very good players (90%+ winrate in dota1). Maybe it won't convince you, but it'll be a start.
    How? Do I need the client or wut.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    @ Dulliath

Tiny is fun. Only problem is low manapool early game, but an avalanche + throw instagib is pretty fun. Watched him lane against an Obsidian Destroyer who has an ability called Banish that takes away Intelligence. Poor Tiny's mana pool was reduced down to 6. 6 mana. It was hilarious and depressing at the same time.
    Hahah, this remind me of a game i was playing not long ago with a mate. My mate was playing OD, I can't quite remember who i was, and there was an enemy Skeleton King in the lane who had a soul ring. So this poor SK hands around leeching experience and getting the odd creep while my mate just keeps banishing him, and then when we finally engage him, just as he is about to die he pops his soul ring, as any half decent sk would. So he pops his soul ring, and maxes out his mana pool - to 49. 91 mana short of the 140 required for reincarnation.

I could almost hear his confusion through my screen, we had a good chuckle about it hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    it was random matchmaking game how you can tell if players are any good and considering picks (shaker solo short lane ???) im not surprised that you won