holy shit what a game, Alliance rat doting like always (Furion lycan lel), while fnatic raped them, this new guy playing meepo wow dude. Alliance couldn't even kill him, his puffs were perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

fnatic raped Alliance. 3-0 I think

oh god and they had like 20% chance to win. EZ RARES.

too bad I didnt bet lel.

a guy bet like 100$ worth items for alliance, LOL 2 pudge head legendary and 1 lina arcane
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2014-06-19 at 05:08 PM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Thats why you always bet on underdog if the skill level is similar and the reward ratio is skewed for some reason. Easy 7.8 value.

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Do you suffer from any sort of impaired vision?
    No, but I'm not sure if we're playing the same game. 'Flashfarm' only happens on heroes that have 5 sec cooldown blink, reliably cleaving enemy heroes for more than a marginal amount of damage is rare, and Perseverance is overkill for mana regen. For anything but situational use BF is fairly garbage item on for heroes that aren't AM or Ember.

(Level 8 AM with BF can spam his 5 second 60 mana blink almost infinitely if he tread swaps, PA has higher base int and much higher int gain and 15 mana dagger on 6s CD and 50 mana blink on 5s, but PA won't ever be using her blink on every cooldown so I think it's safe to say it's a major overkill, not to mention that you'll have to be level 10 for 5s sec blink if you maxed dagger first and put a point in Blur and ult.)

It might be confirmation bias but most of the time I see people build BF's they tend to be the weakest link in their team skill-wise, and they tend to build the item in games in which it's a particularly bad choice.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2014-06-19 at 09:15 PM.

Gl pushing a wave without BF as PA. Or farming the ancients / jungle.

i think 6.81 jungle ursa is too strong in pubs as dire

its actually difficult to lose, im 32-11 in solo queue..

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    PA sucks at pushing even with a BF due to nonexistent tower damage and lack of escape without a well timed creep wave to blink into, why would you spend 4.5k to turn a bad pusher into a mediocre one rather than focus on her strengths? Like Drunkenvalley said if you want your hero to fill that niche, there's plenty of better choices.

@Longview now that you mention it I've had pretty easy time lately as Dire with Ursa in my team, so you might have a point there.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    i think 6.81 jungle ursa is too strong in pubs as dire

its actually difficult to lose, im 32-11 in solo queue..
    I agree, I barely (No pun intended) knew how to play Ursa and I went 9-1 with him. Smaller amount, but still, I'm sure it would of went on for similar results if I continued playing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post

Do you really need PA to push lanes? Like, this is probably one of those situational reasons behind it, if you have a hero that pushes lanes well already, why get it? Also you can still farm ancients without one, it will just take probably a couple of seconds longer.

To add to the whole PA discussion: BF on PA is generally bad and you can get a lot more out of other items. You are not meant to afk-farm as much as other carries like AM. You are supposed to fight and find kills. My normal build is Phase boots+scout shield into Helm (so I can dip into jungle). I then go for Yasha (value item) into basher (Or BKB depends on the game). This seems to work really well, and after I got above 4.5-4.6k mmr it really helps a lot.

BF is just way too expensive for what it gives. PA is not in mana problems to start with, so the mana regen is kinda wasted. A helm (which you more often than not want anyway), will give you all the substain you need health-wise. And the dmg... It is just not enough for it to be worth it.

PA needs to hit a timing. Simple as that. If you miss that timing your chance of winning drops rapidly. And if you do miss it, you don't want BF as part of your 6-slot build anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I agree, I barely (No pun intended) knew how to play Ursa and I went 9-1 with him. Smaller amount, but still, I'm sure it would of went on for similar results if I continued playing him.
    yeah im not an ursa player

i dont think its necessary to die to the neutrals, the time you save is negligible

also you can still get rnGG'd to rosh at level 4, but level five gives you boots and a 100% kill

10+ Year Old Account
    I just lane with ursa, rush vlads get them by 6 n half minutes. Rosh. Get phase boots. Get kills. Blink. GG!

You can bfury PA if you can farm it in 12 minutes and your team stacks all 3 big jungle camps and ancients for you so you can clear 4500g in 60 seconds.

Of course, if you have all that you were probably horribly winning regardless and going phase aquila drums hod SY would have ended the game already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just witnessed mmr boosting on the front page of the watch list.

SF on dire side just fed horrendously. Game was over in 15 minutes.

The thing that caught my attention was; The void on dire side, went hiding in the map. Radiant had no wards or anything. Suddenly the storm spirit just zapped right to the position and killed him. Void then caught on about it.

Are people that low? Just play the game you useless twats.

Wish I could have reported them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so Necrolyte is one of my 10 heros for the compendium points, how the hell does one build that fella? I remember back in the day I'd build a dagon on him and do the nooby Ult into dagon into skulls and get free kills, but that's not very practical anymore I've found. Am I meant to be some big tanky walking heal/damage aura bot? How do I build to that purpose? I could keep just rushing stupid items in games but I'd rather secure my win through my own skill, not by being carried by teammates/getting paired against retards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Ok, so Necrolyte is one of my 10 heros for the compendium points, how the hell does one build that fella? I remember back in the day I'd build a dagon on him and do the nooby Ult into dagon into skulls and get free kills, but that's not very practical anymore I've found. Am I meant to be some big tanky walking heal/damage aura bot? How do I build to that purpose? I could keep just rushing stupid items in games but I'd rather secure my win through my own skill, not by being carried by teammates/getting paired against retards.
    Yes. Go get some mech. Just remember one thing: longer you live, more damage you deal
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-06-20 at 07:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yes. Go get some mech. Just remember one thing: longer you live, more damage you deal
    Thought as much, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Level 16 with ags. "Oh you're half health, here lemme reduce that to 0"

Get mek and ags.

After that I tend to get a tanky item Shiva's or AC.

By this point you've probably already won.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually skip aghs until late game and get bloodstone instead. It's rare situation where people really rely on buy backs in early/mid game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    I'll just chime in as Necro is one of my better and favorite heroes, although my way might not be too usual. Go mid with same branches and tangos or makings of Null talis and rush Phase Boots, maybe put a point in Heartstopper while maxing Pulse and Sadist. Phase boots will allow you to lasthit and deny and face rush your enemy with Death Pulse to pressure them. Bottle is optional but not recommended. Do not gank unless you find a Haste as top rune or something, farm mid until you got your core items up.

Item choice depends hugely on the game but your main goal is to have enough survivability to ensure that with help from your teammates you won't die when you get focused. Sometimes this means rushing BKB or Ghost, or items such as Mek, Atos, Force, Vitbooster, Halberd, Drums, Platemail, Cloak/Hood/Pipe, Bloodstone, Euls, Force. Do not worry about building high cost items like Scythe until your survivability is ensured, don't bother going for Aghs or Dagon or such (though Eblade can legit be good.)

After you've gotten an item or two up group up with your team and push towers down (or defend them.) If enemies contest your job is to hit your Phase boots and charge into them like you're demented while spamming Death Pulse and your items to stay alive and Reap the first motherfucker that has the audacity to be on low life near you. Sounds stupid but it works.

I wish I could say more about item choices than to just pick what you need, but that's the one part of the playstyle that demands thinking in every game. Besides that, if you died you went too deep, if your enemies didn't either die or scatter you didn't go deep enough.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2014-06-20 at 09:15 AM.

Deleted
    For necro I get mek -> dagon -> aghs -> E-blade.

You can one shot any hero in the game at that point and they can't buy back, for maximum trolling get a refresher.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    For necro I get mek -> dagon -> aghs -> E-blade.

You can one shot any hero in the game at that point and they can't buy back, for maximum trolling get a refresher.
    That requires your team to basicly not loose the game by 20min mark and you cant assist them almost at all since you are
    paper with mek and dagon.
    Worth mentioning, do not play necro if you cant get farm or your team can stall the game for 40min at least since necro without core def early on will be 2/3 shoted by left click.