10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    I'm quite sure mages don't wear plate in any game. Otherwise it'd be a pretty shitty game to start off with.
    You can pretty easily make a battlemage that wears heavy armor in any TES game. Wizards and Sorcerors in D&D can wear heavier armor with the correct feats and skills to minimize the spell failure penalty from wearing it instead of robes. Bards can cast Arcane spells while wearing light and medium armors. Clerics cast Divine magic while wearing the heaviest armor in the games.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

http://dotabuff.com/matches/762199132

2 times RNG godz were against me when I went for bash enigma innitiation. Not get a kill in 5 hits

Ariadne tell me what could I have done to win this game solo.
    I could have gotten that ?3rd aegis but it was risky noonetheless. I missed many innitiations becouse there was NOBODY to wait and hold for enigma. The last fight before we lost last rax I had to fake enigma... that 12sec or so was a key to wipe them, else I would have died almost instant I feel into double BH...

A new BKB wouldnt make a difference I guess.

I think it was like 4 or 5 blackholes with at least 3 people... Clinkz I think he didnt use ORCHID ONCE?!
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2014-07-06 at 08:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    Ariadne tell me what could I have done to win this game solo.
    You can start off with having more than 2 last hits after 3 min on PA safe lane. On the first wave you ran up on the side towards the ES for no reason only to get blocked off from the creep wave and missing several last hits. You also skilled Blink Strike first for no reason. I turned off replay after 5 min because that was cringeworthy laning.

That is why I always think people should link replay when they talk about their games and how their teammates lost them the game because they tend to miss the parts where they could do better or where they did mistakes.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-07-06 at 09:22 PM.

Earthshaker starting with a soul ring means I cant walk up into. Simple, walking into fissure gyro means I am dead without blink. As of last hits, still waiting for m**** monitor, playing with 250+ input lag.

The 5 min part was the most important part of the game. You won the arguent.

Deleted
    Earthshaker starting with a soul ring means I cant walk up into. Simple, walking into fissure gyro means I am dead without blink. As of last hits, still waiting for m**** monitor, playing with 250+ input lag.

The 5 min part was the most important part of the game. You won the arguent.
    But you did run up to the ES. How are they going to kill you at level 1 if you are close to the creep wave? That lane has zero kill potential on a PA. I also don't see why a Soul Ring ES at level 1 is so much more dangerous than one without soul ring.

Those 5 minutes were enough for me to know that you would be making plenty more mistakes for the rest of the game considering you were making one at least every 5 seconds the first 3 min. And if you would have played those first 5 min better you would have snowballed harder and the game wouldn't even be the same so pointless to analyze further.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-07-06 at 11:01 PM.

How much did you actually watch? 2min? First blood was about 3min mark becouse the opponents granted were stupid, but tell me how could I won that game from middle late game when all I had was single core with clinkz #2 that couldnt use a damn orchid once?

Should tell me I could have had better rng with crits late game becouse thats like you sound now. You kinda trumbled saying skilling blink level 1 is a terrible idea when a level 1 evasion or dagger would be equally bad without giving you any escape mechanism.

Usually I would never ever skill a dagger level 1, since you dont have the mana regen yet with aquilla, it does pathetic dmg till you get 2 points.

This is not really a case where you lose early game, you have no farm. The issue is late mid and end game where you are the only one potentially to carry out, while your team is full of noobs just waiting to eat a 4 man blackhole or not save any interrupt.
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2014-07-06 at 11:19 PM.

Deleted
    How much did you actually watch? 2min?

This is not really a case where you lose early game, you have no farm. The issue is late mid and end game where you are the only one potentially to carry out, while your team is full of noobs just waiting to eat a 4 man blackhole or not save any interrupt.
    I saw minute 25 where you randomly dived a DK and a Slark past the tier 2 tower causing a 3 for 0 exchange in favor of the enemy team(which was already leading on gold).

In general I will advise holding back on any skill points until you see your lane opponent(unless its an obvious skill point like lone druid). Also while lvl 1 dagger only does 60 dmg/30 mana, it can secure some additional last hits early(specially on the ranged creep). You heavily underestimate the importance of early farm and are really quick to blame your team while you made a ton of mistakes also.

how can I watch the replay? I dont see download replay or watch replay buttom in dotabuff xD
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

If you lose it's always partially your fault as well. Rather than blaming other people, think on how you can play the next game better (pick a better hero, build other items, change farming patterns, focus more important targets in teamfights, join fights more/less often etc.) I've lost numerous games where I'm the only one in my team with a positive score of around +10, and others in my team are like 1 11, but still, I know I could've done something the other way.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    You can start off with having more than 2 last hits after 3 min on PA safe lane. On the first wave you ran up on the side towards the ES for no reason only to get blocked off from the creep wave and missing several last hits. You also skilled Blink Strike first for no reason. I turned off replay after 5 min because that was cringeworthy laning.

That is why I always think people should link replay
    when they talk about their games and how their teammates lost them the game because they tend to miss the parts where they could do better or where they did mistakes.
    No offense, but doesn't that basically nullify each other?
    It's like saying "Always link replays so I can mock them and disregard the rest"

I mean, I get that you're being critical to help, but still, it's possible to mess up early game and do a lot better late game.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Sorcereria, you should last hit better. You should get dagger at least two points instead of blink (is there even a reason to level it up that early?) to get contested last hits. By the time you had 1st core item you should have two core items and it would allow you to win teamfights ez pez. I usually go dagger>blink>dagger>max out evasion.

You suicide dived into enemy baits like, two times? And overestimated your power couple of times which led to your death.
    Also, their Gyro was smart enough to build MKB wow.
    Anyways, loss deserved, enemy played better than you did.

And about ES+Gyro combo, it won't work if you hug creeps. It doesn't matter if you are stunned or not. If you see that you have only 1 creep left, then you are in danger, if you have 3 creeps left, Gyro won't even scratch you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's like saying "Always link replays so I can mock them and disregard the rest"

I mean, I get that you're being critical to help, but still, it's possible to mess up early game and do a lot better late game.
    Sometimes, when you look at highlights and see person standing out of exp range for two waves, or getting 1 out of 6 last hits per wave on uncontested lane, you don't really need to look further.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Try to play on AUS server from eu and show replay how you last hit with 300ms+

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't play with 300 ms then, it's only your problem that you have 300 ms, fix it and don't expect everyone to be "oh, our carry has 6 creeps at 3 minute on safe lane because lags, that's ok". Last hitting like this is ok only if you are new to the game, excuses like "zomg lagz" not going to cut it. Maybe, if you are so limited by latency, you shouldn't be playing farm dependent hero?
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Last time we spoke about PA it was kinda clear this hero is not THAT farm dependant.

My farm by the end of the day was okish. Its terrible early on with a hero with high dmg spread and high latency but its not gonna happen to get fixed. If you look carefully you would notice where I live. Though I might finnaly get to play on monitor and desk instead of TV on wed and ironing desk as my keyboard and mouse support This is not excuse though, thats how it is, and if I didnt pick Semi carry that game would be lost ages ago.

On behalf, Its like saying If I had those 5last hits early - that would stop that enigma from hunting me with black hole the entire game.
    That game was winnable, it was, but it felt almost impossible to carry vs tricore with almost 0 backup in keyfights and like that mid innitiation on enigma, not kill enigma with a farmed PA in 6sec bash time just to get rid of BH next fight and actually get some push high ground, not to mention clinkz failing to get any split push along.

Still, nobody said anything what could have been done later on to win that game. I aint gonna stop people from getting 4 man black hole into flak and ulti that cost us loosing towers and map controls early mid game.
    I find black hole a damn nightmare at this level of play, becouse either you can control the enigma but you cant control your team, the later the game goes, the worse it gets. If you go in early in the fight, you end up holed, if you dont, you cost your team deaths since they had more firepower and survivality to stay in without enigma showing up untill needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone already said that, you shouldn't make so many mistakes early on. After that, there was no way to win this. Getting these 5 last hits would give you your big item 100 gold earlier and it makes difference if you get your item at 7 minute or 6:30. Earlier you get items, earlier you can be aggressive and make kills. But from my experience, if someone misses early game last hits, he continues to do this whole game (exception being cheap AoE skills and/or cleave, after building that -cs skyrockets and player can get feeling that he farms "fine"). You could get your last hits, build a drum>phase and RAEP everyone until you get BKB, then RAEP everyone once more, get your RAEPier and RAEP some more. Seriously, you item choice was poor, and thanks to that, advantage of having evasion+early game potential was wasted. The game should be over in mid game, if enemy managed to get into late, it's over for you because their have much better late game picks

Black hole isn't global spell, you always can blink strike someone who isn't in dangerous range of sucking in.

If you feel that your team doesn't follow up you, follow up your team.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-07-07 at 09:03 AM.

Deleted
    Anyone else feels like Beastmaster is a little bit over the top with the double bird thing ?

You can scout the entire jungle with them, pretty crazy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    But from my experience, if someone misses early game last hits, he continues to do this whole game
    This reminds me that I need to stop sucking at Naga Siren early on. I mostly get last-hits, but sometimes I just have a streak of nope where I can't hit anything. That low base-damage really throws me off sometimes. Thankfully, just upgrading your shield to PMS improves things a lot.

Deleted
    Should tell me I could have had better rng with crits late game becouse thats like you sound now. You kinda trumbled saying skilling blink level 1 is a terrible idea when a level 1 evasion or dagger would be equally bad without giving you any escape mechanism.

Usually I would never ever skill a dagger level 1, since you dont have the mana regen yet with aquilla, it does pathetic dmg till you get 2 points.
    Trumbled? I'm not sure what that means but skilling Blink at level 1 is a mistake. Dagger is the best spell because it secures you last hits and they have zero kill potential on you anyways at level 1 and when they're higher level you're gonna have Blink Strike anyway. You have plenty of mana to use Dagger early even without Aquila. What a ridiculous claim. Remember for any last hit you can get with a Dagger you can buy a Clarity or save up for something more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Having a bad early game or messing up isn't the same as just being bad. I can tell so many mistakes in that replay that I know the skill level of those players on that lane and that's enough for me to know they're going to make plenty of more mistakes. A good player who has a bad early game or messes up is still doing some things right and move and use spells in a certain way that makes me able to tell that they're not bad players.

I only need the replay to assess his skill level. It's not possible to play like he did in that replay the first 5 min and then suddenly play high level Dota for the next 40 min. Impossible. Sure, he can have the sickest KDA later in the game but just because he had 22-8 doesn't mean a guy like Arteezy wouldn't have had 30-0.

Think of it like this, a player at like 6k MMR would crush anyone at 3k MMR on the lane. The reason he does this is because he can see mistakes the enemy is making and exploit them to win the lane. The 3k MMR player isn't aware of these mistakes while he is playing else he wouldn't make them so often and that's why he loses the lane. When I watch that replay I can see those mistakes because I'm better than those players and it allows me to assess a players' skill level quite easily. It's one of the most important skills to have if you are a good player. Being able to judge how good your opponent is is crucial to being good at Dota.

Last time we spoke about PA it was kinda clear this hero is not THAT farm dependant.

My farm by the end of the day was okish. Its terrible early on with a hero with high dmg spread and high latency but its not gonna happen to get fixed. If you look carefully you would notice where I live. Though I might finnaly get to play on monitor and desk instead of TV on wed and ironing desk as my keyboard and mouse support This is not excuse though, thats how it is, and if I didnt pick Semi carry that game would be lost ages ago.

On behalf, Its like saying If I had those 5last hits early - that would stop that enigma from hunting me with black hole the entire game.
    That game was winnable, it was, but it felt almost impossible to carry vs tricore with almost 0 backup in keyfights and like that mid innitiation on enigma, not kill enigma with a farmed PA in 6sec bash time just to get rid of BH next fight and actually get some push high ground, not to mention clinkz failing to get any split push along.
    So you play at such a latency that you can't play the game properly yet you want me watch your entire replay to tell you how you could win? How about playing the game properly? If latency is the cause for your bad plays then you already have your answer. Why you want me to waste my time watching replay?

And just because a hero isn't farm dependant doesn't mean it doesn't scale well with items.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-07-07 at 10:52 AM.

Just build a fast Ring of Basilus and you'll have enough mana for Dagger for the rest of the game.