There's a play sound in desktop check box in the audio/video options. Check that box and that way you can alt tab and still hear the massive horn blast queue pop noise while doing other stuff.

That being said, i'm glad they ban people for this. 9/10 gets annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    There's a play sound in desktop check box in the audio/video options. Check that box and that way you can alt tab and still hear the massive horn blast queue pop noise while doing other stuff.

This sound is most loud and annoying sound after kaspersky dying pig sound
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    This sound is most loud and annoying sound after kaspersky dying pig sound
    If they used the kaspersky threat detection sound for the queue, nobody would ever miss it.

Other annoying/loud sounds:
    Visage summoning familiars
    Spirit Breaker when he randomly Moo's really long and loud
    The match commencement firecrackers from the asian beast festival event.

Agreed, 9/10 is one of the most annoying parts of DotA and I'm glad they fixed it with bans on repeat offenders. Before they started doing this it was not uncommon to get 3-5 9/10s in a row before every single match. Not to mention times when people would queue and intentionally AFK and not click accept, then immediately requeue and do the same just to ruin everyone else's day. There has to be a punishment for being so ADD you cannot accept a 3 minute queue with a 30 second window.

But I'm sure Valve will cave to the whiners soon and revert it back to Defense of the 9/10. After all, those people they're banning have money for hats and they aren't going to be buying hats while they're banned.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2014-08-25 at 01:50 PM.

It gets worse though when you infrequently get 10/11...

happened to me more than once that the queue pop didnt go out while i was alttabbed and I have had background sound enabled since the first time I launched dota2.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Good news everyone. After my 24 hour ban I came back and missed ONE queue. Another 24 hour ban.

You can say it was my fault but this is just ridiculous.
    blame the people that abuse it. to farm mmr.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

If they used the kaspersky threat detection sound for the queue, nobody would ever miss it.

Other annoying/loud sounds:
    Visage summoning familiars
    Spirit Breaker when he randomly Moo's really long and loud
    The match commencement firecrackers from the asian beast festival event.
    Isn't that one of his level up lines? I actually like that one!

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Yes. I enjoy sitting there watching a clock tick upwards sometimes of 7 minutes. I enjoy it alot. What a logical thing to say.
    Where do you queue that it's 7 minutes? My queues are usually only like 2-3 minutes tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Isn't that one of his level up lines? I actually like that one!
    That's the one. It's un-bara-ble.

I've never heard a better description of that noise than on the dev forums when years ago someone said, "it sounds like someone spontaneously started giving birth to a motorcycle"

Study Finds 95% of Mid Players Win their Lane in case you missed it on Reddit

The SF part made me laugh hard
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

That's the one. It's un-bara-ble.

I've never heard a better description of that noise than on the dev forums when years ago someone said, "it sounds like someone spontaneously started giving birth to a motorcycle"
    Well...I can't disagree with that description, it's uh...pretty spot on. I just like it as a "What the Hell" sorta thing, just like Lich's "om nom nom" line.
    And Undying's famous gummy vitamins line.

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Study Finds 95% of Mid Players Win their Lane in case you missed it on Reddit

The SF part made me laugh hard
    That is amazing lol

Now, I have a question about one specific thing(Although I'm sure Ariadne will enjoy seeing all my mistakes that I admit now to doing) for anyone who feels like watching a random replay. It's for this match here, I hope the replay is still available since it was just yesterday.
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/854524351

I'll describe the situation too, to the best of my memory.
    I was hanging back a bit from our tower because Death Prophet ulted, so I was just trying to grab the creeps away to try to slow them down a bit possibly, and then Timbersaw TP's right on the tower with...about half health I want to say while DP's ult was still going. He proceeded to die to DP and Slark, and then blamed me because "He could of got the kill".
    My question is, would he of actually gotten the kill? I think people underestimate Dark Seer sometimes, all I could really do at that point was Ion Shell and hope it does something, I think he would of died anyway.

Personally, while I think I did do pretty bad during the game, I think the Timbersaw and Tusk were just flaming people for some of their own faults too (Like Tusk snowballing into their entire team with only me and Sniper there, then blamed me for his death).

And just to clarify, I'm not looking for "Oh yes, you weren't at fault at all", I'm just curious as to if to whether or not Tusk and Timbersaw were doing as perfect as they claimed. Personally I think it was all of our faults, and my biggest one was sticking with Dark Seer after randoming him despite that we only had one actual carry and then 3 initators (Even if Dark Seer is more support than initator), as that doesn't seem to work well in Pubs.

I personally wouldn't even blink at someone blaming me for doing a stupid initiation to be fair.

Anyway, do you mean 10:43 when you're at bot tower? I presume so, since it sounds like it. Anyway, it kinda looks like he just went full retard throwing himself at them. I mean, Death Prophet just silenced him and boom, he's a walking creep.

My question is, would he of actually gotten the kill?

DP was at ~250 hp when timber launched chakram

level 1 chakram is 100 pure dmg on hit

even if exorcism didn't end as timbersaw went on her, there is no way he gets that kill with chakram

if he did whirling death and hit chakram he could have gotten the kill, but his execution would have to be a lot less sloppy

Ok, that's basically what I thought too. I mean I know he did better than me in the long run, but I was just confused as to whether or not he could of actually gotten her.

I am mesmerized by that .gif of it now though...

Deleted
    1v1s are fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    1v1s are fun.
    Like, the new mode? Or are you implying something else? The suspense is killing me!

Deleted
    Like, the new mode? Or are you implying something else? The suspense is killing me!
    Not the mode. Like proper 1v1s with even matchups and proper rules.

Not the mode. Like proper 1v1s with even matchups and proper rules.
    You mean what I thought the whole new mode was going to be until they were like "Oh, it's just for 2 deaths or tower kill"?

I wish that was a mode honestly, although I'd probably only use it to either challenge friends or to get good with certain heroes without embarrassing myself on a whole team.

Deleted
    You mean what I thought the whole new mode was going to be until they were like "Oh, it's just for 2 deaths or tower kill"?

I wish that was a mode honestly, although I'd probably only use it to either challenge friends or to get good with certain heroes without embarrassing myself on a whole team.
    The problem with the current 1v1 mode is not the tower or kill rules. The matchups are too random which creates unbalanced games that aren't fun to play. The fact that you also can random and get extra 250 gold is a joke. I also don't like that they allow runes because I think 1v1 mode is to practice your laning and runes are just about luck in 1v1.

The problem with the current 1v1 mode is not the tower or kill rules. The matchups are too random which creates unbalanced games that aren't fun to play. The fact that you also can random and get extra 250 gold is a joke. I also don't like that they allow runes because I think 1v1 mode is to practice your laning and runes are just about luck in 1v1.
    I haven't even tried it yet to be honest, didn't even know about the rune thing. That's super lame now.