I didn't even notice you can random for extra gold. That's stupid.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    I didn't even notice you can random for extra gold. That's stupid.
    Unless you random someone like Io. Have fun trying!

Although I suppose it wouldn't be the worst, could use the stupid orbs for safe harassment.

10+ Year Old Account
    >random
    >get Meepo
    >reroll
    >Meepo again
    >swap pls
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    >random
    >get Meepo
    >reroll
    >Meepo again
    >swap pls
    I made the mistake of sticking with Meepo once...
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/664114525

Allow my pain to make you feel better.

Oddly enough I didn't even get insulted that match I believe!

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Dat 380GPM Weaver on the winning team
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

10+ Year Old Account

I used to love to play Meepo in allstars dota, but when i've tried him in dota 2 i realized that playing without decent matchmaking in garena against noobs is not the same as playing dota 2 with matchmaking against equal players. Hurp derp.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you random someone like Io. Have fun trying!

Although I suppose it wouldn't be the worst, could use the stupid orbs for safe harassment.
    I wonder if carry Wisp could be be a thing. Be funny as hell to run around zapping people to death. It's one thing to get punched to death by a tree, another thing to die to a beeping ball of light...

I used to love to play Meepo in allstars dota, but when i've tried him in dota 2 i realized that playing without decent matchmaking in garena against noobs is not the same as playing dota 2 with matchmaking against equal players. Hurp derp.
    Meepo isn't hard to play at a decent level, just kind of frustrating. Same as with Visage and his familiars... it's not hard to control them, just a pain in the ass. I wonder if it'd be any less irritating if Dota 2 had Starcraft II's tightness and responsiveness of controls.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Meepo isn't hard to play at a decent level, just kind of frustrating. Same as with Visage and his familiars... it's not hard to control them, just a pain in the ass. I wonder if it'd be any less irritating if Dota 2 had Starcraft II's tightness and responsiveness of controls.
    Isn't that definition of "hard"?

It's not hard to "control" them (in sense of selecting them and right clicking), but it's hard to control them (in sense of body blocking, net chaining, spreading to get 400% exp, swapping creeping Meepos to restore health at fountain, split to avoid AoE, etc). Go play HotS (spoiler: it's not less irritating)

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that definition of "hard"?

It's not hard to "control" them (in sense of selecting them and right clicking), but it's hard to control them (in sense of body blocking, net chaining, spreading to get 400% exp, swapping creeping Meepos to restore health at fountain, split to avoid AoE, etc). Go play HotS (spoiler: it's not less irritating)
    I dunno. When people say "hard" I always figured they meant it was hard to control them. It's just a pain in the ass to micromanage them to Notail levels. Grouping them up and tabbing through them and using control groups is easy.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I dunno. When people say "hard" I always figured they meant it was hard to control them. It's just a pain in the ass to micromanage them to Notail levels. Grouping them up and tabbing through them and using control groups is easy.
    If I attempt to tab group and control group them, my fingers suddenly don't work properly and I mash everything but the key I want. Same reason I don't/can't play Tinker. My fingers suddenly become retarded.

Deleted
    I play a decent tinker and Meppo, but I have found that being decent as Tinker and Meepo is not enough, you have to be good to win as them.

You can be pretty terrible with tinker and still be a problem. Terrible meepos not so much.

I've been playing meepo against bots lately, its not that hard when you get the right setup for him, like making groups of 1 -2-2 for ez farm, and 1-4 spam tab w (with quick cast) for ez poof combos.

also meepo has to be one of the heroes, if you master him he can carry you to 5k or more (7k w33 xD) also he barely has a counter pick. ember might be one but not that hard. stack eb's and rat doto

ps: do any1 watch competitive doto? na'vi with new rosters yday was ok, funn1k batrider as always carrying the game. no matter how bad the lane is for him, he always get a 10 min (or less) blink dagger.
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2014-08-26 at 11:23 AM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    The problem with the current 1v1 mode is not the tower or kill rules. The matchups are too random which creates unbalanced games that aren't fun to play. The fact that you also can random and get extra 250 gold is a joke. I also don't like that they allow runes because I think 1v1 mode is to practice your laning and runes are just about luck in 1v1.
    Isn't the point of 1v1 to wave your dick around? That's why everyone always says "1v1 me fagit" when they get mad in games. Any game that isn't same hero will come down to picks more than it will come down to skill, and if you both have the same hero 1v1s are a snorefest imo. My favorite is the old DotA1 classic 1v1 game: SF vs SF. Whoever gets the first last hit wins. Or pudge vs pudge, where if you go rot and he goes flesh heap you lose, forcing both players to just go hook heap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Isn't the point of 1v1 to wave your dick around? That's why everyone always says "1v1 me fagit" when they get mad in games. Any game that isn't same hero will come down to picks more than it will come down to skill, and if you both have the same hero 1v1s are a snorefest imo. My favorite is the old DotA1 classic 1v1 game: SF vs SF. Whoever gets the first last hit wins. Or pudge vs pudge, where if you go rot and he goes flesh heap you lose, forcing both players to just go hook heap.
    I started to do 1v1s to practice my laning. I mean, it still feels good to beat people in 1v1s because you know you outplayed the opponent. If it's not the same hero it can still be fun because you practice matchups and figure out how to beat the opponent. Just because you have a slightly uneven matchup doesn't mean you lose on pick. There are tons of way to beat a player by pure skill. I've played several games where I had the unfavorable hero and still won.

There are matchups that are near even though. QoP vs Puck is a classical matchup that is around 50/50 or QoP vs WR.

SF vs SF isn't at all about who gets the first last hit. There is much more to that matchup than that.

SF vs SF isn't at all about who gets the first last hit. There is much more to that matchup than that.
    That's true, because you buy yourself a bottle crow and just spam shadowraze for 10 minutes and enemy SF can't push or get anywhere near you.

I don't know man I stopped playing 1v1s like 9 years ago, I just don't see the allure. Practicing laning is fine I guess but that is like 10% of being a good mid. Ganks roaming runes getting ganked more runes getting ganked again roaming some more getting ganked a third time is the other 90%, and whether or not you can out last hit the enemy doesn't even factor in in most public mid games. That's where all the "I won mid" stuff came from. People think they won mid because enemy mid roamed, got every rune, and got 8 kills but hey they were ahead in CS and maybe got the enemy hero low that one time.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2014-08-26 at 12:28 PM.

Deleted
    That's true, because you buy yourself a bottle crow and just spam shadowraze for 10 minutes and enemy SF can't push or get anywhere near you.
    Except proper rules don't allow bottle crowing or runes because else it's just Raze spam without mana management.

Except proper rules don't allow bottle crowing or runes because else it's just Raze spam without mana management.
    Why even practice under rules like that when you will NEVER play like that in a real game?

Deleted
    Why even practice under rules like that when you will NEVER play like that in a real game?
    Because you create a rule set that is conductive to improving your laning skills. Like when you practice soccer, the exercises you do aren't how you would play a real game but still helps you improve.

What SF vs SF without bottle crow and runes will teach you:

-Aggro tricks to mess up enemy last hitting and make your last hitting easier.
    -Proper last hitting (majority of players don't know how to last hit)
    -Courier micromanagement while still laning properly.
    -Efficient spell usage (hit raze on enemy and creeps etc)
    -Cooldown management (if I use Raze here will I be in danger of getting zoned out because I don't have razes to defend myself?)
    -Inventory checking (does my opponent have a salve? Can I trade? Did he just ferry a new salve?)

and much more.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-08-26 at 12:35 PM.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, I'll just keep my practicing to real games =p