The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    There's no real reason to nerf any hero you mentioned except Void. The best way to nerf him would probably be to make Chrono not immobilize targets for the first second of it's duration, so you have time to move out of it once it's placed, but still give void max movement speed and phasing inside of it, so he can keep a high priority target inside with some lucky bashes. This way it would force players to place it smarter and think more who they really want to disable, and you wouldn't have to keep your entire team spread the whole game, plus it would be easily counterable with Blink Daggers (which would be totally fair). Other than that, there will be more buffs to other heroes, to make them rise a bit into the meta, rather than nerfs to the ones you mentioned. What I'm waiting for is for pro's to start picking Bloodseeker, just for people to realize how overbuffed that hero has gotten over the last 3 or so patches.

But no, "Don't vote for Invoker guys, OP hero omg lol". Invoker arcana.. Imagine the possibilities Sunstrike playing a global Mortal Kombat Toasty sound when it deals a finishing blow. I'd buy that shit faster than the average russian buys 10 Pudge sets the day he installs Dota.
    Faceless Void is actually bugged and that's what's making him so strong.
    Time Walk moves at 3000 ms in stead of the 2600 ms he's supposed to have, Chrono is cast 0.1 sec faster than what it's supposed to and lasts 0.5 seconds too long.
    These are small bugs that count for a lot, mostly making it way harder to stop void from getting off the chrono and letting him get off one hit more inside the chrono.

Fixing those bugs would make void way less op, as it'd be easier to split from a chrono in the first place. A minor mana cost increase on his Q would take him out of the offlane and back to being a carry with huge lategame potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldarin View Post
    Faceless Void is actually bugged and that's what's making him so strong.
    Time Walk moves at 3000 ms in stead of the 2600 ms he's supposed to have, Chrono is cast 0.1 sec faster than what it's supposed to and lasts 0.5 seconds too long.
    These are small bugs that count for a lot, mostly making it way harder to stop void from getting off the chrono and letting him get off one hit more inside the chrono.

Fixing those bugs would make void way less op, as it'd be easier to split from a chrono in the first place. A minor mana cost increase on his Q would take him out of the offlane and back to being a carry with huge lategame potential.
    I'm not sure about it being cast faster than it supposed to, but i noticed that in dota2 chrono pauses heroes instantly, and in all-stars there is some delay (and animation) which allows you to escape chrono in cases when you are at the edge of it via force staff, high MS and shit like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Also interesting...I would wonder about the choice of image but it seems like their image never is really relevant unless it's a holiday event
    The most interesting thing about the image is the person between Roshan and Bloodseeker. I can't tell who it is, it does look a little like Huskar with the way he's holding his weapon, but since his other hand is empty I doubt its him. It also looks a little bit too masculine to be the PA Arcana, so it could be a new hero? Who knows!

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    PA Arcana is a wasted chance to get someone like Rubick / invoker one which is really annoying - SF has an arcana in the works at the moment too.
    Agreed. PA is one of those Heroes where its hard to do something interesting enough to be an Arcana. Her colour scheme more or less has to be blacks, blues or greys, which limits how different they can make it look from her base model. She also doesn't have any distinct clothing or features other than her helmet that can really be made to stand out. To top it all off she doesn't even have any significant backstory elements they can use to re-imagine her with a new look.
    Its not like Legion Commander where they can give her a "fallen" look to contrast with her original character who is very firmly against anything demonic.

I was frantically encouraging everyone to vote for Juggernaut. There are plenty of interesting things they could do with him. A traditional Samurai type outfit perhaps? A Feudal Japanese Warlord look? Sure, why not. They could even be lazy and just give him an evil demonic look, complete with corrupt looking blade and glowing red eyes in his mask.
    He's also got plenty of flashy effects on all of his active abilities, which gives even more creative space to work with. Plus Juggernaut is a far more entertaining Hero than PA will probably ever be, so there is a slight chance I might be ever so slightly biased in my assessment.

Deleted
    Jugger arcana could have been so good. Could have had awesome an awesome animation for his spain and ulti, a new box.

But no instead we get a new tiny dagger, maybe a new little sparkle when she blinks and some sort of dull looking item for PA, good job dota community.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    The most interesting thing about the image is the person between Roshan and Bloodseeker. I can't tell who it is, it does look a little like Huskar with the way he's holding his weapon, but since his other hand is empty I doubt its him. It also looks a little bit too masculine to be the PA Arcana, so it could be a new hero? Who knows!
    Huh? I thought it was Phantom Lancer.

Jugger arcana could have been so good. Could have had awesome an awesome animation for his spain and ulti, a new box.

But no instead we get a new tiny dagger, maybe a new little sparkle when she blinks and some sort of dull looking item for PA, good job dota community.
    Wait, that's just guessing right? For all we know it might be an amazing set! :P

Personally I think the general appearance is being discredited too much, even if you took away all the custom animations from the Legion Commander Arcana it's still pretty awesome looking.

Personally I think the general appearance is being discredited too much, even if you took away all the custom animations from the Legion Commander Arcana it's still pretty awesome looking.
    Best part of LC's arcana by far is her voice.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

There's no real reason to nerf any hero you mentioned except Void. The best way to nerf him would probably be to make Chrono not immobilize targets for the first second of it's duration, so you have time to move out of it once it's placed, but still give void max movement speed and phasing inside of it, so he can keep a high priority target inside with some lucky bashes. This way it would force players to place it smarter and think more who they really want to disable, and you wouldn't have to keep your entire team spread the whole game, plus it would be easily counterable with Blink Daggers (which would be totally fair). Other than that, there will be more buffs to other heroes, to make them rise a bit into the meta, rather than nerfs to the ones you mentioned. What I'm waiting for is for pro's to start picking Bloodseeker, just for people to realize how overbuffed that hero has gotten over the last 3 or so patches.

But no, "Don't vote for Invoker guys, OP hero omg lol". Invoker arcana.. Imagine the possibilities Sunstrike playing a global Mortal Kombat Toasty sound when it deals a finishing blow. I'd buy that shit faster than the average russian buys 10 Pudge sets the day he installs Dota.
    then its going to be useless lol. I bet its going to nerf to the CD maybe? and his stats less armor/base dmg.

and its already "easy" to dodge chrono with blink, if you're fast enough after he jump to you, you should be able to blink off before he cast his chrono, a decent void would hit you before chrono I guess.
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2014-09-23 at 05:53 PM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Shadow shaman nerf inc i hope.

Best part of LC's arcana by far is her voice.
    I like her voice either way, but yeah it definitely is the top part of it.

Deleted
    I like her voice either way, but yeah it definitely is the top part of it.
    "Whatever they brought, it won't... be... enough."

Chills every time.

Edit: PSA on Legion Commander - if you play her in the jungle, you are an idiot. If you do not get Blink, you are most likely also an idiot. Legion Commander is an exceptionally versatile hero that can play any of the three core roles (and even as a greedy 4th position support if you absolutely have to, but this is far from optimal) - she especially excels in a mid role or against trilanes that have no stuns.

Your core build as an offlaner (which is where I generally play her at 3.5-4k MMR with over 75% winrate in ranked games) is boots first, then a Soul Ring or Ptreads depending on what suits the game best, then Blink. After this you can pick up just about anything - Shivas is arguably almost as good on her as it is on Doom. It does lower your chance of MoC procs, but it makes you extremely difficult to kill, lets you really spam your spells, and Blink-Shivas-OO initiation is a metric shit-ton of damage when you have to fight but have Duel on CD.

Contrary to popular belief, you should generally avoid building pure damage items on her - attack speed is miles better - and also contrary to popular belief, a Crystalys will do a lot of work even if it can't proc in Duel. If you've had a good early game, you're paying 2k for the chance to crit for 4-500 at the 20-minute mark.

With regards to jungling her, every time you go to the jungle and max her W and her passive before her ludicrously overpowered Q, God douses a kitten in kerosene and forces an orphanage of kids with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy to watch it die. Her Q is so obscenely good that any build that doesn't max it first can be discarded out of hand. If you absolutely have to jungle, stack camps and farm them with your Q so you aren't completely fucking useless.

Please. Think of the orphans and kittens. Always max Q first.
    Last edited by mmoc312bb4353b; 2014-09-23 at 06:33 PM.

Deleted
    The amount of people consistently warding ancients against Tinker has increased by 9000% in the last month
    I've played him quite a lot lately (considering I haven't played him at all before) and I mostly go laser rockets. It's true it's not guaranteed farm and maybe I could have had more wins by going march, but when I tried it I always felt like falling behind by stacking ancients, not to mention when I got the BoTs, I didn't have that large killing potential and it was way too early to farm the lanes spamming march.

Also most mid players underestimate the nuke combo of laser rockets probably because the build fell off pretty much recently and it's quite easy to get a kill on most mid heroes around level 4. I usually get null talisman + get pooled tangoes (or just buy them meh), get bottle first and pressure the opponent just by autoattack and lasers from time to time. People often stay on lane with ~2/3 hp and then I just walk up the ramp, do rockets laser one or two autoattacks and it often results in early kill and before the enemy returns you will probably ding level 7 and the damage of laser is just insane, another kill is often easy to get in two lasers and rockets.
    I usually get BoTs quite early even without march thanks to those early kills or nuking the enemy out of lane and I feel much more comfortable teleporting to lanes with maxed laser and rockets to destroy the enemy in early to mid game.

Strange thing is when I played tinker ages ago and went for the then-standard build (at least on my skill bracket) of laser rockets I got the BoTs really late, what probably helped was that I became more aggresive laner recently. I won't argue about the pros and cons of maxing march, it's good as well, this just fits my playstyle a bit more.

march is still way better because the farm, you need like 10 kill per minute to equal the farm u'd have done with match rofl. I think you can go 2-2 like you said, and still have enough dmg to get early kills in mid, but you focus on farm mostly. And march is op, it does a lot of dmg, good march from fog + rocket laser ez kills
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    With regards to jungling her, every time you go to the jungle and max her W and her passive before her ludicrously overpowered Q, God douses a kitten in kerosene and forces an orphanage of kids with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy to watch it die. Her Q is so obscenely good that any build that doesn't max it first can be discarded out of hand. If you absolutely have to jungle, stack camps and farm them with your Q so you aren't completely fucking useless..
    Overwhelming Odds can deal some outright crazy damage if you land it well. I even managed to one shot some unlucky Witch Doctor with it last week, and was able to clean up on PA and Lich too for quite possibly the easiest triple kill I've ever gotten. Even if you only manage to catch a single Hero with it, as long as you hit all of the creep wave too its going to make a sizable dent in their health bar. Unlike most nuke spells, it can actually scale reasonably well later on into the game too, especially if you can catch people grouped up around creeps.

I've been playing her quite a lot myself too, and I agree, a Blink Dagger is absolutely core on her. I usually focus more on building tanky and relying on duel for my damage, I look to buy things like Shiva's, Heavens Halberd (that disarm is awesome), maybe even a Heart depending on which way the game goes. Blademail is always a favorite too.

Patch notes are out !

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    Patch notes are out !
    i made a thread for discussion of the new patch

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1596958

Deleted
    Shapeshift now has a 1.5 seconds transformation time

ahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahhaa

so its going to be like druid form I guess? I hope you can dodge spells, otherwise gg.

Tinker can't farm ancients anymore gg.
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    To be fair tinker doesn't really need to farm ancients, jungle should still give more than enough gold.

To be fair tinker doesn't really need to farm ancients, jungle should still give more than enough gold.
    Thing is that radiant Tinker allowed your team to have an active jungler because he can farm the ancients as he's one of the 3 (4?) heroes who can do it with ease at lvl 6-7. Dire Tinker already farms jungle rather than ancients anyways.

What I hate most about this change is that I can no longer pick Tinker and not give a fuck what other heroes my team picks, 'cause you could always go ancients if everything else is taken.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2014-09-24 at 03:02 PM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

read the patch notes again, dagon cost always 180 mana, Eb only ethereal the target not urself anymore unless you cast it on you. uhm mug golems fuck you up ur farm. so ye icefraud strikes again overnerfing annoying stuff.
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2014-09-24 at 03:31 PM.
    - Ronald Koeman.