Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    You overestimate how well you can do in lane with tb, if i recall correctly LGD crushed C9 lanes pretty bad, they won because of rat not because envy dominated his lane.
    What're you on about? I'm not saying you should be doing magic. But what did you gain if you went to jungle? While you jungle they just take the tower and/or go hunting for heroes on your team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    What're you on about? I'm not saying you should be doing magic. But what did you gain if you went to jungle? While you jungle they just take the tower and/or go hunting for heroes on your team.
    What are you on about? First you say he dominates the lane then you say you should lane and die so your team can't be hunted? what kind of logic is that? If he went to the jungle he wouldn't have had only power treads at 10 min and could take the tower if enemies went to hunt his team.

What are you on about? First you say he dominates the lane then you say you should lane and die so your team can't be hunted? what kind of logic is that? If he went to the jungle he wouldn't have had only power treads at 10 min and could take the tower if enemies went to hunt his team.
    Oh great, you're just making shit up now.

My apologies if I am noobis ( only lvl 12 here :P), but why does nobody play Necro? He is by far my favorite and go to hero, he is tanky, he damages enemies and heals allies frequently, his aura demolishes enemy early game ( and helps late), sadist makes him never run out of mana and his ult can annihilate crucial targets, even fat tanks and 30 sec additional respawn timer + buyback block with scepter can be game winning late on.
    At least that is what I experienced ^^

Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    TB is op, there's a reason he's top pick/ban right now.. you can't stop him, yeah you might kill him once or twice, but he can farm lanes+jungle at same time, plus destroying ur towers. But you gotta pick a 4v5 team, while tb split push.. or him with dazzle to make him useful in team fights.
    It depends where your teams damage is. TB's armour is obscene right from level 1, so he deals with physical damage well despite his low health pool. If you have lots of burst damage nukes, then he'll probably get himself a BKB so he can fight without instantly blowing up. He can also snowball out of control easy with the right supports and by abusing Meta early on, and show up to fight when he's 4-5 levels ahead and two shot squishies. Failing that, by the time very late game comes around he's probably got enough HP to shrug off most nukes anyway, and enough Lifesteal to stay in the fight regardless, especially if he gets a good Sunder off.

You're right, he's not the strongest team fighting carry, but to say he can't do it at all is flat out wrong.

Deleted
    I'm still waiting on a game where pros dominate the lane with tb against a aggressive dual/trilane.

Deleted
    I'm still waiting on a game where pros dominate the lane with tb against a aggressive dual/trilane.
    They won't unless they got one themselves that is stronger. But one thing they for sure won't is run into the woods hiding and talking about how much more farm they get unless there is a support that can stand on the lane instead of the TB and get levels.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/944916302

Here is my second match by the way on this hero. I killed Centaur at level 1 with one stun from my support. I decided to run past creeps at level one to get closer to Centaur and he didn't respect my zone and allowed me to pop Meta right next to him and hit him while he was last hittinig. I then pinged on my support and said stun and he went for it. Ask yourself if you'd run past the creeps there and pop meta at level 1. Even if my support didn't come there I'd at least bring down the Centaur to 100 HP on the first wave.I knew Centaur was going to let me hit him because he wanted last hits.

You can say "omg, it's a solo offlane" but this is the trench you were talking about. I'm on a smurf. I'd say dual wouldn't have mattered because I'd kill the Lich instead. I died once in the entire game because my Metamorphosis didn't go off after I slowed, else I'd kill them all. The hero is ridiculously strong in the trench and if you are a strong laner you can abuse it even more. You can shut down solo offlaners by yourself and kill dual lanes if they dare come close. Do note that we were 4v5 for majority of the game. I still casually pulled out 950 GPM. Took over their woods, kept sending illus top and they went for my illus every time.

Sorry no MoM, Lysah.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-10-06 at 10:20 PM.

Are you that really using int treads so much? Just noticing you seem to be on int treads unless you want something else.

Deleted
    Are you that really using int treads so much? Just noticing you seem to be on int treads unless you want something else.
    I switch to INT every time I summon illusion or about to cast spell. I did not have my Power Treads mod on that account though so sometimes you see me not switching correctly. There is an argument whether it's best to have AGI or INT Treads on illusions. I haven't done any math or anything so I just use INT like RTZ. I'm just lazy switching to STR when I'm not doing anything so I just keep them on INT unless I'm hitting something.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-10-06 at 10:52 PM.

Yeah, know of tread-switching, I was just noticing that early-game'ish you stayed on int treads after casting too.

Power Treads mod though? What's that about?

Deleted
    Yeah, know of tread-switching, I was just noticing that early-game'ish you stayed on int treads after casting too.

Power Treads mod though? What's that about?
    I'm colorblind. You sure about me not switching? Maybe you were watching my illusions who always have INT on. I watched the first 12 minutes of the game again and didn't see me leaving INT treads on.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-10-06 at 11:03 PM.

Deleted
    Yea techies, nice game 5v4. I dont get techies people sorry, i get sky void silencer ogre and shit. Tell me how you can win with tb against those.
    Your enemies had basically zero nuke

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerfarien View Post
    My apologies if I am noobis ( only lvl 12 here :P), but why does nobody play Necro? He is by far my favorite and go to hero, he is tanky, he damages enemies and heals allies frequently, his aura demolishes enemy early game ( and helps late), sadist makes him never run out of mana and his ult can annihilate crucial targets, even fat tanks and 30 sec additional respawn timer + buyback block with scepter can be game winning late on.
    There are actually some relevant posts about this on the last ~3 pages. Basically his skill set is good, however, you need to play him as a carry because of how reliant on items he is. You need to be quite tanky to be able to survive going near for the death pulses and they are also quite mana intensive. That brings a lot of other problems to the table (Aren't there better choices to go for? Is Necrolyte worth giving the farm to when we have xxx which could also use it? How do we even lane this? etc) and there is also the problem that bkb makes you absolutely useless, so unless you have initiators with enough stun lock into reapers scythe you will probably lose late game.

Necro is good, mainly for pubs because how easily he can turn fights when people overextend, similarly to bristleback - you underestimate the death pulse damage for a second while hunting him for kill and he might just as well kill you off instead. But the problem I see with him is really laning him. On mid you are not that strong ganker unless people are way too careless, as a support you might be able to pull off ulti and two pulses by the time you get 6 without any farm because of mana issues and you can hardly survive offlane. The only place left is carry and try to explain it to people on pubs.

There is also the thing that people on different tiers get away with different things, so while it may work on certain MMR, it may not on others. Hell, I think you may even jungle necro with stacking big camps and killing it with heartstopper aura. Back in WC3 dota when manta was built from diffusal and burnt mana, I played necro with manta style quite often. It made no sense, but it was fun.

Deleted
    Yea techies, nice game 5v4. I dont get techies people sorry, i get sky void silencer ogre and shit. Tell me how you can win with tb against those.
    I've seen techies do very well. But its rare and usually requires a coordinated team to make good use of mines.

But mostly I shut them down hard. A few sentries and a bit later a gem and me as a support (my normal role) shuts the hero down completely. Yeah sure he has suicide.....but only idiots let that shit hit them on a regular basis. He's also really really easy to farm kills on as he has to come to your territory to plant traps if he wants to try to gank, and again, its easy to shut that down. Nothing more satisfying than blowing up several huge stacks of mines that he's spent the last few mins putting down on runes and jungles etc,..all that wasted effort

I'm not sure techies does any better against TB than any other hero. They are certainly not a reliable counter. He's a standard carry mostly in a teamfight, stun him quick and he melts, if not you have to weather the dmg until you can get past his protection. Nothing new there. The illusions are not a major thing in teamfights really, should not last long.
    His main gimmick is split pushing also, so thats what you have to counter.
    Last edited by mmoc3f25629bd0; 2014-10-07 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfarien View Post
    There was a slight discussion on this a few pages back, if you mean on the pro scene why he isn't used. This is what was said basically

Quote Originally Posted by Keldarin View Post
    It's pretty much because his early game is so shit and he needs to be a core to work properly.
    Although, the ult and Q can basically take out an enemy by itself. I think he'll get his time in this patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Good++ heroes not getting picked in pro games is like the least surprising thing to me. I lost all faith when they buffed Batrider's turn rates and he still went unpicked for a good while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    necro ulti with aghanims lategame is so fucking powerful

necro ulti without aghanims midgame is also pretty brutal
    So if you mean pro scene wise, it wouldn't be too shocking to see him start popping up more, which will most likely lead to more Necros in Pubs. For now, I'd just say enjoy that he's not really popular in pubs, means you'll usually get him.

That being said, it seems like he is rising in popularity in general.
    http://www.dotabuff.com/heroes/necrophos/trends
    He dropped after the newest update, then started climbing upward by quite a bit. 50th most popular hero in the game with almost a 60% win rate.

But yeah, Necro is a pretty versatile hero in Pubs in my opinion, he can go to almost any lane, and be a support or a...I hesitate to say actual carry, but semi-carry would probably be accurate.
    Granted, almost anything can work out in pubs, but I just feel like he still shines almost anywhere.

Also what Cellmate said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I'm colorblind. You sure about me not switching? Maybe you were watching my illusions who always have INT on. I watched the first 12 minutes of the game again and didn't see me leaving INT treads on.
    Aaah. That explains a fair bit then. That you're colorblind and that illus (obviously) show int.

Deleted
    You know Centaur is one of the best heroes against TB, right? His burst is insanely high and kills you quite fast. Meepo is zero nuke? PA can't burst me down? WD can't ult when all I got is Sunder to interrupt? They got plenty of damage. They just never caught me because I'm elusive. Our Silencer left the game. Their Techies kept killing my teammates and stopped me from pushing and gave them some resemblence of map control. How are we playing 5v4?

You're always going to come up with an excuse. I bet you wouldn't have killed that Centaur at level 1. Watch the first minutes, had I not got the kills I did my team would be behind like 0-5 in kills. My support single pulled but that didn't stop me. I had a Gloves of Haste cliff jungling Prophet. You would say "My team just feeds and then one leaves the game, I can't do anything". Of course you can't, you're in the jungle AFK farming.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-10-07 at 12:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone explain to me how Tiny Agh's giving +75% dmg versus buildings to autoswings is balanced.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Aaah. That explains a fair bit then. That you're colorblind and that illus (obviously) show int.
    Yeap. What sucks the most about being colorblind though is not seeing who is TPing in from enemy team or who is pinging the minimap on your team. Any time an enemy hero TPs in to defend a tower I have to make the decision of "Can I kill any hero that TPs in" or "Do I need to run because it can be X hero TPing in". Usually I just hope for the best case scenario.

What's refreshing about trench MMR is people don't flame. Even if it's going bad for them they aren't whining on team constantly. Sure, that Silencer left but he didn't say or flame anyone before he did. Maybe I have just been lucky. I mean, when I fed three kills like a hero in my first TB game no one said shit. I even got a compliment at the end of the game from one of my allies because of my split pushing and taking raxes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    You know Centaur is one of the best heroes against TB, right? His burst is insanely high and kills you quite fast. Meepo is zero nuke? PA can't burst me down? WD can't ult when all I got is Sunder to interrupt? They got plenty of damage. They just never caught me because I'm elusive. Our Silencer left the game. Their Techies kept killing my teammates and stopped me from pushing and gave them some resemblence of map control. How are we playing 5v4? You're always going to come up with an excuse. I bet you wouldn't have killed that Centaur at level 1. Watch the first minutes, had I not got the kills I did my team would be behind like 0-5 in kills. My support single pulled but that didn't stop me. You'd say "My team just feeds, I can't do anything". Of course you can't, you're in the jungle AFK farming.
    WD ulti is physical it does shit to tb, PA same all physical except dagger. Meepo will kill anybody if got caught in his combo, you just can't get caught with any hero.
    Centaur is the only one you should be afraid of. Techies had 5 kills and was naked. Sorry you are not convincing me with this.