Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I "maybe" remembering wrong but I'm not wrong about whole discussion and gain you're not at skill and knowledge level to discuss with me(where do I get that, from your posts in this thread. Wanna prove otherwise? you can always call me for a challenge).

Bunch of people on interwebz says I'm wrong...and it makes me wrong? I pity those who think they are wrong just because some random people who he/she has no idea about their knowledge on subject says wrong.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say both Hermanni and Lysah outskill you by far.

Also.
    >Challenging to 1v1s on the basis that you think I'm bad.
    I think you're far below my skill level as well so I guess that makes us even.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say both Hermanni and Lysah outskill you by far.
    Maybe. but that's just an assumption. But I guess you love fucking with others dick? If you know what I'm saying :>

If they wan't challenge, I'm here by the way.

Deleted
    Maybe. but that's just an assumption. But I guess you love fucking with others dick? If you know what I'm saying :>

If they wan't challenge, I'm here by the way.
    Actually, I really love dick. Did you think I'd take it as an insult when my whole sig screams 'gay'?

Jesus, this discussion, why are we talking about dicks in a DotA thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Actually, I really love dick. Did you think I'd take it as an insult when my whole sig screams 'gay'?

Jesus, this discussion, why are we talking about dicks in a DotA thread.
    We're not discussing dick, that was an indirect expression saying that you can't mock me with skill level that belongs to others.

I really do find it funny that every time I go in to check up on this thread and maybe ask a question about Dota 2 there is a ton of drama, I'm not sure if that's hilarious or sad.

Anyways as I am a little Dota 2 newblet I was wondering if there are any good websites for finding dependable guides for each hero? I know that in Dota 2 builds are far more situational but finding general guides would be nice to start. I suppose I am spoiled by lolpro with helping find a general foothold for builds in league of legends. Anyways... I hope I can find some help here. x3

Also I want to make a note that I have seen some dotacinema guides, that's how i fell in love with brewmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    I really do find it funny that every time I go in to check up on this thread and maybe ask a question about Dota 2 there is a ton of drama, I'm not sure if that's hilarious or sad.

Anyways as I am a little Dota 2 newblet I was wondering if there are any good websites for finding dependable guides for each hero? I know that in Dota 2 builds are far more situational but finding general guides would be nice to start. I suppose I am spoiled by lolpro with helping find a general foothold for builds in league of legends. Anyways... I hope I can find some help here. x3

Also I want to make a note that I have seen some dotacinema guides, that's how i fell in love with brewmaster.
    for start, best guide is reading what spells and items does one by one. If you've done that go play with bots and when you feel confident about a hero go match making. You're not able to execute advanced things like animation cancel hit walk dodge etc so your only concern should be learning what heroes do.

brewmaster is a hard hero to play for start because it requires smooth controll for all three pandas after ulti and if you can't use ulti of panda that hero is useless.

here is a list of things you need to know for start

how does vision work in DotA
    how to ward properly
    high ground advantage
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-07-15 at 10:31 PM.

My argument still holds. I said position altering as well and I still say it's changed and now I'm %100 sure it's changed with one of the patches applied to org DotA. You can go and prove me wrong by checking all patches if you wish. Take a tape i'll watch this time.
    I'm sorry, but if most of your case is built on outdated information it really won't hold, especially since you don't even bother to defend it by doing anything else than saying that it holds. This thread is for discussing Dota 2, in original posts you talked in present form so it should be safe to assume you were talking strategy that applies to Dota 2, and saying you were right because your outdated shit might have been right once doesn't really save you from looking stupid as fuck.

Also appealing to authority as a "better player" to keep yourself from actually discussing the matter and risking you might eventually have to admit you were wrong is downright pathetic. I'm not great at Dota but I'm fairly sure I'm at least as good as you think you are, but in 6 years I've never played a 1v1 and I'm not about to start now. Although as I don't expect you to believe me, I can at least say you can go and filter replay by my name in-game and notice that 95% of games I solo-queue to show up flagged as "high skill" even since the last patch. If that's not too much of an effort or you just want to stay disillusioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I'm sorry, but if most of your case is built on outdated information it really won't hold, especially since you don't even bother to defend it by doing anything else than saying that it holds. This thread is for discussing Dota 2, in original posts you talked in present form so it should be safe to assume you were talking strategy that applies to Dota 2, and saying you were right because your outdated shit might have been right once doesn't really save you from looking stupid as fuck.

Also appealing to authority as a "better player" to keep yourself from actually discussing the matter and risking you might eventually have to admit you were wrong is downright pathetic. I'm not great at Dota but I'm fairly sure I'm at least as good as you think you are, but in 6 years I've never played a 1v1 and I'm not about to start now. Although as I don't expect you to believe me, I can at least say you can go and filter replay by my name in-game and notice that 95% of games I solo-queue to show up flagged as "high skill" even since the last patch. If that's not too much of an effort or you just want to stay disillusioned.
    You seem like mad.

I don't care how you play btw. You maybe better than me but most probably not.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    We won! I went Shadow Shaman as I said, with my friend who was Ursa, destroyed everything along with Riki and Lich who got super fed. Most of the other team ragequit.

Then the next game, we went Anti-mage (me) and Tinker since my friend managed to pick Single Draft (or what it's called) for some reason. When we were level 9 and 11, their Shadow Fiend was level 22. I'll let you decide how that went. (We lost hard.)

So while I can definitely feel that I've been spoiled by LoL's simpleness, I'm starting to get a hang of it. I'm having fun.
    That's great to hear man! Yeah single draft can be a little rough for new players, as you get forced into certain heroes.

"high skill"
    Their rating systems are screwy, the skill it claims games are seem to just be related to how long they last more than anything. If you really want to know how you match up to the rest of the world go solo queueing and keep track of what page your game is on in the live matches. On any give day I'm page 2 or 3 out of 600-700, that's easily the top .4% of all currently playing DotA2 fans (even better once we accept that the first page of games are going to be ultra-high MMR - team games in general (since you receive an MMR penalty for queueing with friends)). From what I understand, the page your match is on is related to your MMR flatly, which makes it the only reliable thing Valve has done with DotA2 ratings.

I could be wrong but just flipping through the pages and watching friends when they queue there does seem to be a fairly predictable relationship between skill/page number. I'm willing to believe that games are listed in order of descending total MMR.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-07-15 at 11:03 PM.

You seem like mad.
    It's funny how the quality of your argumentation goes down with every successive post. As arguing you at this point is much like arguing an 8-year old and it's glaringly apparent to an outside reader, I pretty much feel like I've destroyed you however little you will claim to care in your post #25. Have a good day.

---------- Post added 2012-07-15 at 11:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Their rating systems are screwy
    Yeah. According to the dev forums they shifted the balance between the assumed brackets in the last patch, making it so that "normal" is the largest bracket. I suppose there's always a chance you end up in a game that is off your league, either because you waited until the search range expanded too much or the search range for another 9 players somewhere expanded too much. I sometimes queue with people who are fairly new and the games often end up being really screwed up one way or the other. I suppose people queuing with an "uneven" stack is the biggest reason that causes people to rage that "mm doesn't work." But referencing to the skill bracket doesn't say much.

I haven't paid much attention but usually flipping through the watch tab mid-game I've seen myself by the fourth page. I'm pretty sure I've played with or against players from all major european teams though and see spectators coming into games every now and then. Pretty rarely with known US players though since I only queue on US East during off-hours and when I'm at my place with my 100/100.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-07-15 at 11:12 PM.

It's funny how the quality of your argumentation goes down with every successive post. As arguing you at this point is much like arguing an 8-year old and it's glaringly apparent to an outside reader, I pretty much feel like I've destroyed you however little you will claim to care in your post #25. Have a good day.
    No, you pulled some ideas out of your ass and tried to express them as they are my ideas. You clearly couldn't understand what I'm trying to say as a result I gave up giving arguments because it's like discussing with wall. Whatever you do, they won't get it

underlined part just gave me good laugh xD
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-07-15 at 11:14 PM.

No, you pulled some ideas out of your ass and tried to express them as they are my ideas.
    Can you give me even one quote of myself doing that? Pretty please?

Can you give me even one quote of myself doing that? Pretty please?
    If you feel like you've destroyed me, what are you trying to prove? Let me tell you, you are not even near destroying me in this discussion, even you know it that is why you keep arguing. But I'm done because I'm pretty confident about my guess on your mental capacity right now.

If you're up to it, read my posts slowly but again, I'm done.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-07-15 at 11:26 PM.

My bullshit got called out again so I have to insult people again and act as if I'm smarter than everyone and thus beyond questioning.
    I read your post fairly fast actually, I'm pretty fluent in bullshit-english-bullshit but I translated it just in case someone else isn't.

I read your post fairly fast actually, I'm pretty fluent in bullshit-english-bullshit but I translated it just in case someone else isn't.
    I said I'm pretty sure about your mental capacity. Is that an insult? Maybe I concluded you're a genius?

I'm guessing you have complex about your mental capacity if you derive it from that sentence and get offended :>

this is way too off-topic and I'm on my way to bed.

I said I'm pretty sure about your mental capacity. Is that an insult? Maybe I concluded you're a genius?
    If you had, you wouldn't ask me to read your posts slowly. Pretending your quips weren't quips at all is pretty clever for a 10-year old, I admit, but it doesn't work when you contradict yourself. Can I now have that quote of myself presenting my Dota theories as yours?

Gracefully clicks on [Megathread] Dota 2

Sees Kuntantee throwing outdated facts about TA being countered with outdated spells etc...
    (Like come on, at least play the current version of Dota 1 before throwing that rubbish around)

Proclaims more skill than various posters in this form. Has 0 links, videos or scoreboard to back up this claim. (I'm 350apm+ techies rampage & godlike myself)

Back OT, I'm super excited they have added the majority of heroes into the game. But I'm going to hold out until release

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Their rating systems are screwy, the skill it claims games are seem to just be related to how long they last more than anything. If you really want to know how you match up to the rest of the world go solo queueing and keep track of what page your game is on in the live matches. On any give day I'm page 2 or 3 out of 600-700, that's easily the top .4% of all currently playing DotA2 fans (even better once we accept that the first page of games are going to be ultra-high MMR - team games in general (since you receive an MMR penalty for queueing with friends)). From what I understand, the page your match is on is related to your MMR flatly, which makes it the only reliable thing Valve has done with DotA2 ratings.

I could be wrong but just flipping through the pages and watching friends when they queue there does seem to be a fairly predictable relationship between skill/page number. I'm willing to believe that games are listed in order of descending total MMR.
    Yo Lysah, is there a quick way to tell what page your game is on? That's gotten me kinda curious. I have good games, and bad games, but I'm curious how well the system thinks I match up cuz I've played ~220 hours of DotA2 now.

---------- Post added 2012-07-15 at 07:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 08nolanni View Post
    Gracefully clicks on [Megathread] Dota 2

Sees Kuntantee throwing outdated facts about TA being countered with outdated spells etc...
    (Like come on, at least play the current version of Dota 1 before throwing that rubbish around)

Proclaims more skill than various posters in this form. Has 0 links, videos or scoreboard to back up this claim. (I'm 350apm+ techies rampage & godlike myself)

Back OT, I'm super excited they have added the majority of heroes into the game. But I'm going to hold out until release
    If you can get a key, I'd suggest it 100%. It's definitely fun getting back into a game I used to play a couple years ago, and being back in the groove is really fun too.
    And it was essentially free. :P

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Yo Lysah, is there a quick way to tell what page your game is on? That's gotten me kinda curious. I have good games, and bad games, but I'm curious how well the system thinks I match up cuz I've played ~220 hours of DotA2 now.
    Not that I would know of...I literally just go through page by page and look for my name (if you do it during loading no one will have heroes so the game will stand out immediately), doesn't take too long since I'll be near the top. If you're on page like 50 I can see why this would be a problem but I don't know if there's a way around it.

Honestly Valve should just release the MMR, make it private if they want but just let us know what it is.